BenjAshley

January 2011 Filers!!!

2,164 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

I agree looking at weekly totals, or even looking at weekly averages over a couple normal months where there is no major holiday period like December can give you a decent idea of how quickly they are processing. Something to keep in mind however, the VJ petitions are not going to be over an even bell shape curve. This means there could be a week were it looks like nothing is being done, but it is because it is for petitions not represented from the VJ data. While some have suggested the VJ data is a good sample size, and I agree it is in total, looking at such a small amount of data as a day or even a week is not using all the data, and therefore will lead to mistakes like declaring Al Gore as president, when that actually is not the case. Both service centers seem to be doing well, they are processing petitions and we continue to move up in the waiting line...just be thankful we do not have to stand in line for 5 months to wait yes.gif

I agree.

On average 2 centers are processing 6 cases from our list a day. We started in position 660. It will take 110 working days to get processed. It will be about 5 month.

Timeline

Err.. how did you know you started at position 660 and it will take 110 days to get processed?

Thanks in advance for the answer! :star:

I checked 36 days ago in this location http://cse.ssl.berkeley.edu/igor/vjdata/vsc.aspx

The problem with the positions on there is that they move, so it's not a great estimate tool.

For instance, when I started looking at CSC, there were only 32 December filers. Now there are 44. I'm betting that by the time we actually /get/ to December cases being processed, there will be 50+.

Still, it is so nice to see your number in the queue go down.

We started at 400-ish and are now at 362.

kitsig.jpg

K-1 Visa/ AOS Timeline:
(Detailed info on our timeline can be found here: About us)

ROC Timeline:

02/10/2014 - ROC Sent.

02/12/2014 - NOA1 Date.

03/11/2014 - Biometrics Date.

05/28/2014 - Card Production.

Okay guys!

A little info you might find helpful.

I mentioned before that it had been almost a month since our NOA1 and that we still couldn't view it online at CSC.

So, when I hit 30+ days, I sent a very polite e-mail to the csc follow up e-mail and gave them my case #, my NOA1 date, and explained that it had been 30+ days since my NOA1 and I was unable to access my case information via the Online Case Status system. I asked if they could give me any information about my case's status, and when it would be available to view via the online system.

I received an answer within 24 hours of mailing that gave me my NOA1 date, and explained that they had sent notification to the IT department to make the case available online. Within another 24 hours, my case status was available.

Hope this helps some others waiting on case status!

kitsig.jpg

K-1 Visa/ AOS Timeline:

ROC Timeline:

02/10/2014 - ROC Sent.

02/12/2014 - NOA1 Date.

Timeline

I received an answer within 24 hours of mailing that gave me my NOA1 date, and explained that they had sent notification to the IT department to make the case available online. Within another 24 hours, my case status was available.

What email address did you use, as I have a feeling I will need to do this next week.

James and Oksana

event.png

Traveled to Novosibirsk, Russia (thats in Siberia) over holidays

Engaged on ----------------- New Years

Send I-129F package ---- 1/15/2011

Package Received -------- 1/18/2011 10:13 AM signed for by J BRADSHAW

NOA1---------------------------1/20/2011

E-Notification of NOA1---- 1/24/2011 1:09 AM & check cashed, sent to CSC

Hard Copy NOA1------------1/27/2011

Surprise Visit Fiancée-----4/12/2011 - 4/18/2011 (see picture as she was shocked!)

NOA2---------------------------5/11/2011

Birthday Visit------------------5/18/2011 - 5/25/2011

VISA APPROVED!!!----------7/13/2011

What email address did you use, as I have a feeling I will need to do this next week.

csc-ncsc-followup@dhs.gov <--- this one

kitsig.jpg

K-1 Visa/ AOS Timeline:

ROC Timeline:

02/10/2014 - ROC Sent.

02/12/2014 - NOA1 Date.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

LOL I was hoping the exact same thing!! Well I'll have him call tomorrow. We are both NOA1 on the 18th and there are two with NOA1 on the 20th and 21st who can apparently check theirs. It's just driving me crazy that it's not there, making me worry that they have displaced our case or something. I just need someone to look at our case number and tell us they have our petition, and simply need more time to put it online or something. Just need an explanation :whistle:

Did you guys have any luck calling them? I just tried calling that 800 number and I wasn't able to get anywhere. It just tells me that my case was not found. :angry: That's the same thing that the web page tells me. I think we are fine and just need to wait a little bit longer, but,,, I would feel a lot better if it didn't say 'not found'. DOH!!! :wacko:

Our Visa Journey:

01/12/2011: I-129F Package Sent

01/18/2011: NOA1 notice date

01/20/2011: Received e-notification

01/20/2011: Check cashed

01/24/2011: NOA1 hard copy received

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Honduras
Timeline

Hey everyone I'm a January filer too, waiting patiently to get my NOA 2 do they always handle petitions based on months or are all january filers put in one stack I wonder how that works. Anywho I filed with a paralegal and I didn't include a cover letter or letter of intent we had my parents write a letter of intent and his parents both letters were notarized i sent alot of picture copies of both of our passports my fiances id card my birth certificate letters he had written me, my 538 dollar phone bill with the proof that my phone was calling Honduras where my fiance is, and we only had 2 letters he wrote me and 3 receipts of money I had sent him and also cards he sent me. My sister also wrote a letter on behalf of our relationship......I sent the correct fee and I-129f i brought 4 copies of the g325a to honruas and my fiance and i filled them out,,,i brought my entire package to the paralegals office and when i signed the application i was unsure if i actually sent in two copies of the g325a, when he gave me my copy of my packet i saw that the form wasn't there he said he didn't know if he had sent it and told me to wait for an rfe.....but like you all know who wants to wait for an rfe,, immigration told me to send a copy of my noa1 a cover letter explaining why i was sending the the g325a because my paralegal forgot possibly and so I also took advantage and wrote a letter of intent and sent in extra fotos that my friend had of us i had it notarized and I wrote my receipt number on every page ups said it would arrive today so i am planning on calling tomorrow to see if my case has been touched as I can't access my receipt number online. Honestly I don't know if they originally have my g325a , but i sent it in anyways the way uscis instructed me to. Do you think they will put the additional package with the my package? I've been a little worried...........Thanks for the support

Hey everyone I'm a January filer too, waiting patiently to get my NOA 2 do they always handle petitions based on months or are all january filers put in one stack I wonder how that works. Anywho I filed with a paralegal and I didn't include a cover letter or letter of intent we had my parents write a letter of intent and his parents both letters were notarized i sent alot of picture copies of both of our passports my fiances id card my birth certificate letters he had written me, my 538 dollar phone bill with the proof that my phone was calling Honduras where my fiance is, and we only had 2 letters he wrote me and 3 receipts of money I had sent him and also cards he sent me. My sister also wrote a letter on behalf of our relationship......I sent the correct fee and I-129f i brought 4 copies of the g325a to honruas and my fiance and i filled them out,,,i brought my entire package to the paralegals office and when i signed the application i was unsure if i actually sent in two copies of the g325a, when he gave me my copy of my packet i saw that the form wasn't there he said he didn't know if he had sent it and told me to wait for an rfe.....but like you all know who wants to wait for an rfe,, immigration told me to send a copy of my noa1 a cover letter explaining why i was sending the the g325a because my paralegal forgot possibly and so I also took advantage and wrote a letter of intent and sent in extra fotos that my friend had of us i had it notarized and I wrote my receipt number on every page ups said it would arrive today so i am planning on calling tomorrow to see if my case has been touched as I can't access my receipt number online. Honestly I don't know if they originally have my g325a , but i sent it in anyways the way uscis instructed me to. Do you think they will put the additional package with the my package? I've been a little worried...........Thanks for the support

Welcome!

I added you to our group list, which you can find by checking the links in my signature.

Anyone can update their information on the list, so feel free to if you get touches or changes in your case status.

In general, they seem to handle petitions 'roughly' by NOA1 date. This varies for a lot of reasons, not least of which includes the speed of an individual adjudicator and RFE times. We're probably looking at June-ish before we start seeing regular approvals for our group, but I think everyone here is hopeful that it'll be sooner than that.

As for the situation with your additional information, I can't really tell you what will happen. I've seen a lot of people suggest just waiting for the RFE since it's hard for them to match up new information to a petition. You might get lucky with it, though. Mostly, just keep in mind that an RFE isn't the end of the world. If you get one, just return the information as quick as possible, and you should get through the process just fine.

kitsig.jpg

K-1 Visa/ AOS Timeline:

ROC Timeline:

02/10/2014 - ROC Sent.

02/12/2014 - NOA1 Date.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

im so sad no notification yet i dont know what to so its been a whole month any suggestions they would be helpful???

K-1 Visa Timeline:

07/19/2009 - Met in an old town Of Colonias Nuevas.

09/17/2009 - became official.

09/17/2010 - Engaged.

01/05/2011 - Sent I-129F

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

Are we all going to live in Texas? (I know not all of us, but sure feels like a lot of us are) :rofl: Baby is a little worried about how I'm going to handle weather changes :unsure: Guatemala is blessed with a perfect weather pretty much all year long. (It feels like spring all year long... it can rain a little sometimes but... it's not that bad)

Random, huh? LOL

Not quite Texas... It will be the land of Enchantment for me. New Mexico - Here I come... as soon as the VSC gets them Hamsters running again!

01/14/11 - Filed I-129F

01/20/11 - NOA1 Received (Forwarded to the dreaded VSC)

01/28/11 - "Touched"

05/18/11 - NOA2 Approved

06/14/11 - Received Packet 3

06/17/11 - Sent Packet 3

07/22/11 - Medical

09/09/11 - Interview - Approved!

09/15/11 - Visa received

10/05/11 - Flying out

11/02/11 - Married

11/05/11 - I-485 EAD and AP filed!

12/12/11 - I-485 and all that other good stuff received

02/11/12 - Biometrics

02/15/12 - Paper work moved from Vermont to California

02/25/12 - EAD received (expires 02/25/13)

December 2012 still nothing...

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

im so sad no notification yet i dont know what to so its been a whole month any suggestions they would be helpful???

How about the check? They cashed the check?

3.gif

"The perfection/respect/credibility of a man decreases by the number of marriages he has had and by the number of kids he has outside his current marriage. ", Quote by Bite YourDust
  • Met on yahoo chat through a friend.
  • April 2010 - Decided to meet in person
  • 06.01.2010 - She flew from Dubai to Philippines for vacationing
  • 06.21.2010 - We met in Philippines
  • 06.24.2010 - Engaged
  • 06.28.2010 - Came back to USA
  • 07.05.2010 - She flew back to Dubai (work)
  • 08.02.2010 - Mailed I129F to VSC
  • 08.03.2010 - Delivered to VSC. Signed by D RENAUD.
  • 08.09.2010 - Check cashed
  • 08.14.2010 - NOA1 (Dated 08/06/2010)!!!!!!!!
  • 08.19.2010 - Touched!
  • 08.27.2010 - Received snail mail that typographical error was fixed.
  • 10.03.2010 - Touched!
  • 11.21.2010 - Visited her for a week in Dubai!
  • 02.14.2011 - NOA2 Approved on St. Valentine day!!!!!!!
  • 02.17.2011 - Packet left from NVC to ABU DHABI (Dubai)
  • 02.19.2011 - NOA2 hard copy received
  • 02.22.2011 - Packet reached ABU DHABI's consulate
  • 03.02.2011 - packet 3 & 4 received by email
  • 03.02.2011 - Confirmation of Interview on 04.14.2011 -
  • 03.07.2011 - Fiancee passed medical exam.
  • 04.14.2011 - K1-Visa Approved!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • 04.21.2011 - Picked up Visa !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

Thanks a lot! :) I should try that, just need to find VSC e-mail.

Вiрити нiкому не можна. Hавiть собi. Менi - можна ©

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.