crisbess

When to call for Interview Appt

14 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Based on DHL trcking, USEM has our PKG from NVC last Mon Apr 19. NVC sent electronically the approved petition to USEM last Apr 15. I emailed USEM last Apr 19 and responde to me back last Apr 20 that I can call the call center to do the interview appt. I called the center yesterday Apr 21, and the call center told me that it isnt yet in the system. I called US embassy, told me that they received from NVC electronically last Apr 15. I told them that USEM received last Apr 19. USEM told me that it will take time to upload in their system. It comes with batches. But my petition is the only one came from NVC to US Manila on that day. So when is the best time to call the center to schedule the interview. I dont want to waste my pin which I paid for $18 for two calls. But I have to schedule asap to plan my trip to the Phil. Any experiences from other VJers.

Thanks!! :help::help:

If it was there on the 19th, it should be in the system now. As far as the PIN it might work for 3 or more calls. Some people have said they have gotten more than 3 calls out of it. Our case was received on 19 March and I called on morning of the 23rd in the PI and they had an interview already scheduled. Granted, our case is different from the K-1s and all, but I know I have seen when people have figured their case got to manila and called 3-4 days later and got their interview scheduled. This was with K-1s too.

For our Full timeline

event.png

Removal of conditions Journey

16 March 2012 Sent I-751 package from Aviano AB, Italy.

29 March 2012 Received everything back...wrong fee. thought we didn't have to pay biometrics since we were sending fingerprint cards and passport photos.

30 March 2012 Sent everything out again from Aviano AB, Italy.

10 April 2012 Check cashed

17 April 2012 Received NOA1 dated 6 April.

06 Dec 2012 Received 10 yr green card. Letter said it was approved 28 November 2012.

Filed: Other Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Did they ask you the magic question?? "Have you received a letter from the embassy yet?" If you answer no, then their standard script is for you to call back in a week or so until the file is input in their system. They had ours for 3 business days from NVC, and ours showed up with 30 lb batch from NVC. When she asked me if I received a letter from them, I said of course I did, that's why I'm calling. She asked when did I receive the letter, I said last Thur....she said ohh that's quick....ok we have your file and she asked what date did I want for an interview. It may or may not work for you, but it worked for me.

Edited by ~Johnny~

~Johnny~

Timeline

Based on DHL trcking, USEM has our PKG from NVC last Mon Apr 19. NVC sent electronically the approved petition to USEM last Apr 15. I emailed USEM last Apr 19 and responde to me back last Apr 20 that I can call the call center to do the interview appt. I called the center yesterday Apr 21, and the call center told me that it isnt yet in the system. I called US embassy, told me that they received from NVC electronically last Apr 15. I told them that USEM received last Apr 19. USEM told me that it will take time to upload in their system. It comes with batches. But my petition is the only one came from NVC to US Manila on that day. So when is the best time to call the center to schedule the interview. I dont want to waste my pin which I paid for $18 for two calls. But I have to schedule asap to plan my trip to the Phil. Any experiences from other VJers.

Thanks!! :help::help:

If you dont mind me asking, what is the Email address you used to inquire at the USEM ? I for the life of me cannot find it anywhere and would like to email them as well......

the e-mail system is on this page http://manila.usembassy.gov/wwwh3230.html

they have a system (webform)you have to put information in so it kinda streamlines the process.

If there is an actual e-mail address you send to, I havent seen it. Of course it took them over a month to get back to me about our case...we already had the interview appointment. I figured they would have given us an answer almost right away (or in a couple of days)....I gave up waiting and just called the $18 PIN number.

For our Full timeline

event.png

29 March 2012 Received everything back...wrong fee. thought we didn't have to pay biometrics since we were sending fingerprint cards and passport photos.

06 Dec 2012 Received 10 yr green card. Letter said it was approved 28 November 2012.

Timeline

If you dont mind me asking, what is the Email address you used to inquire at the USEM ? I for the life of me cannot find it anywhere and would like to email them as well......

Sorry for the late response. Got busy here. Well, you can email US Embassy Manila, through there website. There is an icon on their website on how to get in touch with them via email. In one to two days, they will respond back.

Anyways, I called the center today (4/22 US time), and they already have our approved in their system (as of yesterday, Manila time 4/22). So US Embassy recd it last Monday, and up load in their system yesterday. So it take approx 3 days. BUT!!, remember, this is what the call center told me that US Embassy Manila will NOT send packet 3, but instead my fiancee can go to US website on the all instructions and requirement documents to bring. At the same time, they will send a confirmation letter via email (which I requested to me and my fiancee to be sent and I waited to see via email the confirmation letter before I hang up with the call center).

So for everyone who is waiting for their approved petition: 1. You need to know on when NVC send to USEM so you can track via DHL on when USEM will received the pkg. At the same time, it is also the same day when NVC electronicall send to USEM. So you can email USEM in 2-3 days about your petition. Afterwhich you can call the center to make an appt.

I am getting excited here since I have to go back this May to see and be with my fiancee with her interview.

Thanks everyone and wish me luck!!! :yes::yes::)

Timeline

Good luck & God bless!! :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

AOS Timeline

08-Sep-2010 Married
28-Sep-2010 Mailed AOS packet via Express Mail
29-Sep-2010 Received @ Chicago Lockbox
18-Oct-2010 Received 797C NOA for Biometrics appointment
22-Oct 2010 Biometrics appointment (orig sched for 10/28)
29-Oct 2010 RFE (missing signature)
03-Nov Received RFE @ Chicago Lockbox
17-Nov Case transferred to California
24-Nov "Touched" Now being processed at USCIS office
30-Nov "Touched again"
03-Dec May calls Senator Joe Courtney's office for help getting EAD/AP approved
15-Dec Received AP in mail, no notification via e-mail/txt website doesn't show approval
16-Dec EAD Approved (SMS/E-mail) USCIS indicates it was approved yesterday?
18-Dec EAD Card arrived in mail
25-Mar 2011 GC Arrived

31-May 2013 10yr GC approved

Timeline

Sorry for the late response. Got busy here. Well, you can email US Embassy Manila, through there website. There is an icon on their website on how to get in touch with them via email. In one to two days, they will respond back.

Anyways, I called the center today (4/22 US time), and they already have our approved in their system (as of yesterday, Manila time 4/22). So US Embassy recd it last Monday, and up load in their system yesterday. So it take approx 3 days. BUT!!, remember, this is what the call center told me that US Embassy Manila will NOT send packet 3, but instead my fiancee can go to US website on the all instructions and requirement documents to bring. At the same time, they will send a confirmation letter via email (which I requested to me and my fiancee to be sent and I waited to see via email the confirmation letter before I hang up with the call center).

So for everyone who is waiting for their approved petition: 1. You need to know on when NVC send to USEM so you can track via DHL on when USEM will received the pkg. At the same time, it is also the same day when NVC electronicall send to USEM. So you can email USEM in 2-3 days about your petition. Afterwhich you can call the center to make an appt.

I am getting excited here since I have to go back this May to see and be with my fiancee with her interview.

Thanks everyone and wish me luck!!! :yes::yes::)

Did the NVC give you a tracking number ? I tried asking for that and was told that they do no such thing.....

Timeline

Did the NVC give you a tracking number ? I tried asking for that and was told that they do no such thing.....

Here's how you check:

For everyone waiting to know if your case has shipped from NVC to Consulate these instructions work:

1. Go to: http://track.dhl-usa...?nav=TrackByRef

2. In Reference, enter the info as follows:

EXP DD MMM YYYYA

EXP is constant

DD is the date before the day the NVC said they shipped the case.

MMM is the three letters representing the month the NVC shipped the case

YYYY is the year the NVC shipped the case

A is constant

For example, if the NVC says they shipped the case on February 12 2009, this would be entered as "EXP 11 FEB 2009A"

3. Date range for shipment - From: Enter the date of the day NVC said they sent the case

4. Date range for shipment - To: Enter todays date

5. Keep the rest of the fields blank

7. Once you enter the info, press "Track"

8. After a while you will see a list of all of the packages that left the NVC today. You need to search for the specific consulate.

9. When you find the shipment the corresponds to your consulate, you will see the tracking number that you can record.

10. You can then track the shipment from the NVC to your specific Consulate

So in your case, your DHL ref - EXP 13 APR 2010A, if NVC told you that it left on Apr 14,2010. But unfortunately, I checked it for you and I didnt see any pkg shipped from NVC to Manila. You need to call NVC and verify again on when it did ship.

Good luck!!

No they dont give you a tracking number....

there is a thread in the NVC section about tracking your package. It is just a long shot guess on our parts on when it leave the NVC. Although in my case the NVC told me when they sent it out and the AVR changed to reflect that. (I was expedited remember?) For the people that have a sign in fail, you might want to try calling the NVC AVR system and see if it updates AFTER the case complete message. there is a voice message to state when it was sent because with our case we got it.

Edited by Scott and Mhay

For our Full timeline

event.png

Timeline

Here's how you check:

For everyone waiting to know if your case has shipped from NVC to Consulate these instructions work:

EXP DD MMM YYYYA

EXP is constant

A is constant

For example, if the NVC says they shipped the case on February 12 2009, this would be entered as "EXP 11 FEB 2009A"

3. Date range for shipment - From: Enter the date of the day NVC said they sent the case

8. After a while you will see a list of all of the packages that left the NVC today. You need to search for the specific consulate.

9. When you find the shipment the corresponds to your consulate, you will see the tracking number that you can record.

So in your case, your DHL ref - EXP 13 APR 2010A, if NVC told you that it left on Apr 14,2010. But unfortunately, I checked it for you and I didnt see any pkg shipped from NVC to Manila. You need to call NVC and verify again on when it did ship.

Good luck!!

I called them and got it all squared away, it arrived on the 19th..... time to buy that PIN and sched a appointment..... woohooo

Good deal!!! Congrats and good luck!

For our Full timeline

event.png

Timeline

Here's how you check:

EXP DD MMM YYYYA

EXP is constant

A is constant

Good luck!!

Thanks for the info, this is weird but I entered the info as EXP 12 APR 2010A and a shipment for the 13th showed up. Weird..........

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.