AandLKC

what can we do legally about these delays any suggestions ??

25 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

their must be sum legal actions that we can take against these long delays

apparently talking to the congressman is not working ??

any suggestions ??? might be a better idea to have a sign petition ??

maybe an article in a top news paper might get some attention ?? ( any body majoring in journalism )

A STORY ON THE EVENING NEWS … ( NOW I AM PUSHING IT )

WE CAN ALL TALK …. IT’S NOT GOING TO MAKE ANY DIFFRENCE

:LETS MAKE A DIFFRANCE:

I have read previous threads where one's senator was contacted and received positive results. Have you tried your senator?

usa_fl_sm_nwm.gifphilippines_fl_md_clr.gif

United States & Republic of the Philippines

"Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid." John Wayne

Filed: Timeline

Does not matter who you talk to or how many petitions people sign..... the vast majority of USC have no interest in legal immigration.. it does not affect them so they dont know or care about it.....

Kez

Edited by Niagaenola

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline
Does not matter who you talk to or how many petitions people sign..... the vast majority of USC have no interest in legal immigration.. it does not affect them so they dont know or care about it.....

Kez

Yep, it seems like the lawmakers are more interested in reducing the number on family based immigrations.

The system is intentionally slow for a reason, national security, which has taken the higher priority since a few terrorists flew jet planes into a few buildings.

OUR TIME LINE Please do a timeline it helps us all, thanks.

Is now a US Citizen immigration completed Jan 12, 2012.

1428954228.1592.1755425389.png

CHIN0001_zps9c01d045.gifCHIN0100_zps02549215.gifTAIW0001_zps9a9075f1.gifVIET0001_zps0a49d4a7.gif

Look here: A Candle for Love and China Family Visa Forums for Chinese/American relationship,

Visa issues, and lots of info about the Guangzhou and Hong Kong consulate.

Filed: Timeline

National security my #######. I know an engineer on a sponsored H visa from India. Earlier this year, he flew over to India, got married to someone HE NEVER MET BEFORE IT WAS ARRANGED BY THE FAMILIES, and presto - 3 WEEKS later his wife had a VISA and was over here. Employer sponsored visa holders it seems have a special method of bringing family members over, they go directly through the state department (since they are "non-immigrants") and since they bypass USCIS their family member's visas are processed right away. IF: You are a business or corporation, the same service center that is collecting dust on your husband/wife or fiance will process your petitions for workers in 4-8 weeks. IF: You are a USC it takes 4-8 months. This isn't about national security. As always, the rate that these petitions are processed is about MONEY. Sponsored workers get special treatment (can bring families right over) because the businesses who sponsor them (to keep wages down duh) have lobbied and lined political pockets and convinced our honorable senators and representatives that they can't get "good candidates" unless they are coddled and do not have to put their families through the same process our families go through. Don't even pretend this is about "national security". I watch this happen all the time.

Can I-130's for families be "fast-tracked" through the system for a "premium" fee? Dam sure petitions for workers can.

Kez

Yep, it seems like the lawmakers are more interested in reducing the number on family based immigrations.

The system is intentionally slow for a reason, national security, which has taken the higher priority since a few terrorists flew jet planes into a few buildings.

Timeline

guys i agree .... if this was about ... national security the biggest threat is STUDENT VISA AND H-1, H-2 AND VISITING VISA ...

IF A PERSON ON A H-1 VISA GOT MARRIED ABROAD ( HOME COUNTRY) THEY CAN BRING THE SPOUSE WITH THEM .... ( IF YOU HAVE 1.5 - 2 MON TO GET THE PAPER WORK DONE )

AND A U.S CITIZEN HAS TO WAIT 1 YEAR .... THAT IS *((**&^%

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: South Korea
Timeline

their must be sum legal actions that we can take against these long delays

apparently talking to the congressman is not working ??

any suggestions ??? might be a better idea to have a sign petition ??

maybe an article in a top news paper might get some attention ?? ( any body majoring in journalism )

A STORY ON THE EVENING NEWS … ( NOW I AM PUSHING IT )

WE CAN ALL TALK …. IT’S NOT GOING TO MAKE ANY DIFFRENCE

:LETS MAKE A DIFFRANCE:

To answer your question anish and lijy...

Are you tired of the crappy 6 month goal they have just to accomplish the first part of your application? Filers are fed up with that and the terrible communication from USCIS. There is no reason other types of VISAs should have shorter processing times than yours...such as employment VISAs before families, such as premium 15-day processing offered for many other VISAs, but not K3's and K1's. Try to help yourselves if you are waiting and help others that come after you and go through this mess.

The problem all starts with USCIS's unacceptable 6 month goal just to process the initial petition at the Service Center, which they can make longer at any time too. Join the fight. Go read the last 10 pages or so of the thread on waiting for NOA2s from the VSC. http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...459&st=2505

Filed: Country: Germany
Timeline

Hi,

I sent messages to the Texas senator and congressman and to this day I have not received a response. Im currently stationed in California. I was reading this CNN healine about this Navy guy whose wife is going to be deported in June of next year I think if she does not get her papers or legal residency squared away. She came with her mom from Guatemala when she was little and then her mother became a resident but unfortunately was not able to obtain it due that she married her Navy Husband. The court gave her a year to adjust her status or go back to her country. Her husband is about to deploy for the 4th time. This sucks for her because its not like her petition will get squared away within a year. Im a US citizen and I am still waiting for a ^&%&*() damn approval from CSC. Its already day 176 since I sent it and to this day nothing. I know at this time they are doing a background check to verify information on me, but Im in the frickin military for almost 6 years, I have paid my taxes, I do not have a criminal history and of all I am a US citizen. I dont understand why it is taking forever. This should have been a quick one in my eyes. Ive seen that they touched my case a couple of times. I wish they would just tell me you are approved or you are not or we need additional information rather than not inform me at all. They dissappoint me and there customer service is a joke. I have sent messages to a couple of news stations but I dont think they will do a dang thing.

I really could not think of anything at all to speed up the process with immigration. Unfortunately, we have to somehow admit that most of our politicians right now does not have any initiatives on how they can well serve their people who's willing to go through the legal way of immigration and make every possible way to get their relatives here in a specified amount of time. That's the saddest part of the whole thing! We can moan, rant and protest infront of their offices, bottom line is we have to deal with the "system".

IR-1

Immigration Process

2007-02-22 **I-130 Sent to VSC

2007-07-02 **I-130 APPROVED at USCIS- CSC

2007-10-10 **CASE COMPLETED at NVC

2007-11-15 **INTERVIEW DATE. APPROVED at USEM!!!

USA

2007-12-02 **Arrival from MNL to JFK (NYC)

2007-12-10 **Visit to SSA

.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
Hi,

I sent messages to the Texas senator and congressman and to this day I have not received a response. Im currently stationed in California. I was reading this CNN healine about this Navy guy whose wife is going to be deported in June of next year I think if she does not get her papers or legal residency squared away. She came with her mom from Guatemala when she was little and then her mother became a resident but unfortunately was not able to obtain it due that she married her Navy Husband. The court gave her a year to adjust her status or go back to her country. Her husband is about to deploy for the 4th time. This sucks for her because its not like her petition will get squared away within a year. Im a US citizen and I am still waiting for a ^&%&*() damn approval from CSC. Its already day 176 since I sent it and to this day nothing. I know at this time they are doing a background check to verify information on me, but Im in the frickin military for almost 6 years, I have paid my taxes, I do not have a criminal history and of all I am a US citizen. I dont understand why it is taking forever. This should have been a quick one in my eyes. Ive seen that they touched my case a couple of times. I wish they would just tell me you are approved or you are not or we need additional information rather than not inform me at all. They dissappoint me and there customer service is a joke. I have sent messages to a couple of news stations but I dont think they will do a dang thing.

Hi Tussie,

Thank you for serving our country. You are correct. It is not right the way they are putting others ahead of our own citizens trying to be with their loved ones. Try calling USCIS on their toll-free military help line, 1-877-CIS-4MIL (1-877-247-4645) and ask them about your case and expedited processing. Good luck to you.

Edited by Bill B

Timeline

TO ALL WHO IS LISTENING .... WE ARE ALL GOING THROUGH THE SAME AGONY ... BUT PEOPLE ARE MAKING VOICES AND SOME OF THEM ARE COMING OUT ... ... PLEASE VISIT THIS LINK ...ITS BBC NEWS

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/england...all/3614922.stm

"The US immigration service has agreed to deal with Mr Vigus's application, but it then has to be sent to London for reprocessing "

SOURCE: http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/england...all/3614922.stm

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Peru
Timeline

B)-->

QUOTE(Bill B @ Oct 6 2007, 12:34 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi,

Hi Tussie,

Thank you for serving our country. You are correct. It is not right the way they are putting others ahead of our own citizens trying to be with their loved ones. Try calling USCIS on their toll-free military help line, 1-877-CIS-4MIL (1-877-247-4645) and ask them about your case and expedited processing. Good luck to you.

Tussie,

Bill B is right, as a person serving honorably in the Armed Forces, you may be eligible for expedited processing, meaning your petition can be "bumped" up next in line because of your service. I met my wife while I was still in the Army, and now I really regret not marrying her sooner while I was still in. I've been out 4 years now, but I've got a lot of friends still active, and most of them use the military expedition. I have literately seen first hand their spouses or fiances here in 3 or 4 months after filing.

As for the other posts, I think you guys need to get a grip and remember we all are going through the same or very similar situations. This is all very hard on everyone. I have talked to my congressman in person and one of my senator's via email, and there is little they can do. USCIS operates in accordance with established policy and laws set forth by Congress, so anything short of Congress passing legislation overhauling USCIS and the immigration process won't matter much. If it makes you feel better, then by all means do whatever your hearts desire within the realm of the law. The outspoken minority always has more political muscle than the silent majority. However, keep in mind that if you call the USCIS service centers directly, using the RFE trick or by another means, then you are speaking to an actual adjudicator and not just a phone representative, so you could very well be wasting valuable time keeping them off of cases, or at least thats what I would think.

I-130/CR1 visa

04/23/2007--NOA1 Date from CSC

10/15/2007--NOA2 Date, FINALLY!!

I-129F/K-3 visa

05/23/2007--NOA1 date, currently at NBC (MSC)

10/15/2007--APPROVED!!! (NOA2 Date)

11/09/2007--I-129F petition forwarded to U.S. Embassy in Lima, Peru

12/12/2007--interview in Lima, Peru...VISA APPROVED!!!

12/26/2007--POE was Miami, FL and final destination was Charlotte, NC

I-485/AOS and I-765/EAD

3/18/2008--NOA1 Date from MSC

4/08/2008--biometrics appointment

5/07/2008--I-765/EAD approved

5/14/2008--EAD received in the mail (albeit wrong birth year)

9/30/2008--AOS Interview...AOS APPROVED and I-551 stamped in Passport!!!

Filed: Country: Germany
Timeline

Thank you Bill for the information. I have already attempted that. At this point, I informed my commander of whats going on and that I may have to seperate due to family hardship. I just want to form a family with my husband and live a life. Thank you for understanding.

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Mods are not on patrol 24 hours a day therefore we can't always get here to stop TOS violations. There have been plenty going on in this thread which I have now made invisible, mainly so this thread can stay open as it seems to be serving a purpose.

Any further TOS violations or attacks will result in this thread being locked. Thank you. :)

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

I think PlatyPius is correct in two ways:

First:

Government departments like Homeland Security and USCIS do not have typical ‘checks and balances’. America has been in a state of ‘national emergency’ for 6 years. Hence, agencies dealing with national security issues answer to nobody.

The only response I’ve heard about from officials in such agencies ‘boils-down’ to: “We are doing everything possible to ‘Keep America Safe’.”

Second:

This forum is a place best used get (and give – like PlatyPius) information and sanity while we endure the painful separation from our loved ones. I, for one, need some help with that (which is why I’m a member).

Each of us can be angry about the status-quo without any help. Turning anger into constructive action is usually one of the best responses. However, attempting to initiate an activist community within VJ into may not be appropriate or effective.

• 07/17/07 Returned from two months in China. All K1 documents 'in hand'.
  • 07/19/07 Completed preparation of I-129F & associated documentation. Mailed it.
  • 08/03/07 Received NOA1 from the CSC.
  • 12/13/07 Received NOA2 from the CSC.
  • 01/23/08 NVC sent our case to U.S. Consulate in Guangzhou China.
  • 03/31/08 U.S. Consulate in Guangzhou China received, issued case number.
  • 04/05/08 P3 received.
  • 04/06/08 P3 sent.
  • 05/01/08 P4 received.
  • 05/12/08 Flight to China.
  • 06/23/08 Interview at U.S. Consulate in Guangzhou China- PINK.
  • 06/25/08 K1 & K2 visas received.
  • 07/09/08 We all arrive in America, Chicago POE
  • 08/06/08 Fiancee receives SSN (req. for marriage in our state)
  • 08/08/08 Married
  • 09/01/08 Moved into new house. AR-11's filed for wife & son.
  • 09/19/08 AOS / EAD package mailed.
  • 09/25/08 AOS / EAD NOAs.
  • 10/02/08 Biometrics letters.
  • 10/16/08 Biometrics taken.
  • 10/17/08 Case transferred to CSC.
  • 12/08/08 EADs approved / EAD cards issued.
  • 03/05/09 AOS approved.
  • 03/12/09 Green Cards received.
  • 09/17/10 Application for Lifting Conditions Mailed.
  • 10/04/10 NOA1
  • 10/19/10 Biometrics Taken.
  • 01/07/11 Removal of Conditions Approved
  • 02/26/12 Still Happily Married & Doing Well

4983700_bodyshot_300x400.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.