Jahan&Veena

London Medical - Knightsbridge Doctors

2,055 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Yeah, I had a feeling that might be the case, which is why I breathed a huge sigh of relief when I saw his name on the list LOL. Hopefully though, a faxed copy of my updated immunisation record to Knightsbridge Doctors will mean everything sorted before I eventually get out there.

Yes that should be fine. I am glad they haven't ripped you off like they are doing with so many others. I was so nervous that I forgot everything I had read on here & believed the vaccine nurse when she told me to go back to my GP to get my TDAP shot. Just make sure your record is complete & you'll be fine. Very handy having your future father in law as a USCIS approved physician. Good luck good.gif

I then hoped up on the bed and took my pants down to check I'm a man, at 6'5 and 20 stone i would be the worlds ugliest woman! I then looked up to see a builder looking through the window at me, our eyes causal locked as my gentlemen tackle was being fondled, we had a moment, was it love? I though it was weird there were no curtains.

You know I needed this, I actually called my husband in the UK just to read him this... thanks for the giggle and your story.

Sept 1, 2011: Met at a service station my first night in England

Sept 15, 2011: Came down to where I go to University to spend a week with me

Oct 15, 2011: Went to London to be with him.. one of many trips between us

Oct 30, 2011: Engaged

Dec 20, 2011: Married

Feb 20, 2011: I-130 Sent

Mar 12, 2011: Rejected because of payment, waiting for packet to come back so I can resubmit it with proper payment.

April: Another rejection because I signed in the wrong place

May 1 2012: Sent I-130 AGAIN

May 7 2012: Received NOA1

May 17 2012: Received NOA2

June 18 2012: NVC stuff came in

July 6 2012: Called because never received NVC info

July 10 2012: Email with instructions received

August 1 2012: sent out AOS payment and AOS packet plus the other form

August 29 2012: had to get on a plane and fly away from the love my life.

Sept 12 2012: still no news from NVC, refiling all of my paperwork... feels like we have been apart forever already

Sept 14 2012: Emailed 3032 and resent I-864 with case number on every page, cover sheet and rechecked about 35 times to make sure it was all right

Oct, 1 2012: didn't check well enough received RFE

Oct, 13 2012: resent the packet with the information needed by the NVC

Oct, 14: Husband sent DS 230 from the UK

You know I needed this, I actually called my husband in the UK just to read him this... thanks for the giggle and your story.

I'm glad you enjoyed it, A very surreal moment. I found my self not wanting to panic because i was about to have my pressure taken, so i lay there and gave him a wink.

So I had my medicals yesterday, took a last minute look at this forum the night before, and found myself not knowing what to really expect. Turns out I had nothing to worry about.

First,despite the number of people that said they called back to complain about the misleading vaccination information/advice, they are still giving such advice! I was given that, and the vaccination nurse was even kind enough to give me a letter to take back to my G.P regarding the needed vaccinations and why I needed them (I thought that was kind of her); but yeah, I was told I could get them later and attach it to the copy I was given for the AOS stage ( I know that's misleading but I already have that covered B-) )

Secondly, I got the Eastern European Doctor too, but contrary to reports, she was quite nice! We chatted all through the process (even compared weather and seasons between her country, U.K and Pittsburgh where my fiance lives), and she explained all she was going to do and why they needed to be done & asked if I was okay with it (not like I had much choice).

Overall, it was not a bad experience at all, took a little over an hour altogether, but there were a few other people there too so...

P.S: an embarrassing moment I almost got myself into: while the doctor was leaning over fiddling around my chest (boobs) for lumps n' all, I got a whiff of her perfume which smelled really nice, & without thinking I almost complimented her on it right there, caught myself just in time! Talk about appropriate timing! :blush: . My fiance is still cracking up about it :lol:

I thought I should share this info below, (though I'll encourage anyone to seek a second opinion on it, this is not fully verified, but just my fiance's understanding)

Fiance says he's been informed by his insurance people that the Obamacare medical bill will be passed in a month or so (but before the end of the year), and that with it, vaccinations will now be free in the US, won't that be great?! :dance:

Also, if your partner has medical insurance and depending on what it covers, once you get married, he/she can get you listed on it, and you can use that cover to get your vaccinations in the US if you haven't already here in U.K, the bills covered by the insurance (he checked this with his insurance company and a listed civil surgeon too).

Like I said, this may not apply to every case and may also need further verification, but just said to share, might save some people a few bucks! :D

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I thought I should share this info below, (though I'll encourage anyone to seek a second opinion on it, this is not fully verified, but just my fiance's understanding)

Fiance says he's been informed by his insurance people that the Obamacare medical bill will be passed in a month or so (but before the end of the year), and that with it, vaccinations will now be free in the US, won't that be great?! :dance:

Also, if your partner has medical insurance and depending on what it covers, once you get married, he/she can get you listed on it, and you can use that cover to get your vaccinations in the US if you haven't already here in U.K, the bills covered by the insurance (he checked this with his insurance company and a listed civil surgeon too).

Like I said, this may not apply to every case and may also need further verification, but just said to share, might save some people a few bucks! :D

Thanks for this. Was aware of the insurance but not Obamacare. And yes Knightsbridge are telling everyone to just go back to their GP's to get their remaining vaccines done because they just don't care...blush.gif

I had my medical 10 days ago now, and other than a lot of waiting around, it was very straightforward and everyone was friendly.

I am up to date with all my vaccinations other than the flu jab. I know that I have to have this once it comes to my AOS, but is it as much of a problem as missing other vaccinations as people have mentioned in previous posts?

May 20th 2011 - Meet in Chicago through mutual friends.
May 28th 2011 - Start relationship.
Feb 26th 2012 - Engaged!

K-1 JOURNEY
Filed I-129F - Jun 20th 2012
Approved - Dec 12th 2012
Total - 170 days

POE - Jan 20th 2013 Chicago
Married - Feb 26th 2013

AOS JOURNEY
Post AOS, AP, EAD - Mar 4th 2013
I-797C for all 3 - Mar 11th
Biometrics - Apr 4th 2013

AP + EAD Approved - May 10th 2013 (60 days)

Green Card - October 4th 2013

I had my medical 10 days ago now, and other than a lot of waiting around, it was very straightforward and everyone was friendly.

I am up to date with all my vaccinations other than the flu jab. I know that I have to have this once it comes to my AOS, but is it as much of a problem as missing other vaccinations as people have mentioned in previous posts?

Flu shot is a little different because of the seasonal thing. The adjudicator's hand book details it but I'm going to give you the basic bottom line--

Indeed your DS-3025 sheet is incomplete without the flu jab during flu season. So that means a flu jab and paying a civil surgeon to fill out a new vaccination sheet. BUT if it is no longer flu season when the adjudicator picks up your AOS case to evaluate it, he is supposed to waive the flu shot by what is written in their handbook. It is similarly detailed in their handbook examples that if a shot was required but no longer required on the date of adjudication, then it doesn't have to be done. Example an 18 year old needs Hep B, but if he turns 19 by the time his AOS is up for approval, then it doesn't matter about his Hep B shot because it is no longer a requirement for him. Same with a flu jab if it is in longer flu season, it's not required.

Just time your AOS filing, so by the date the approval rolls around, it will be April 1 (flu season over) and your flu shot will no longer be required. I got a PM just recently from somebody I suggested that to and asked him to report back if he did. He reported back that he got the greencard without a flu shot, using his DS-3025, even though it was flu season when that form was signed. That's just to let you know I try to keep up with specific scenarios.

Okay, so that doesn't mean you have to wait until April 1 to mail your AOS because it's going to sit in a box a long time before anybody reviews it for approval. I haven't looked at AOS timelines lately but it's going to take months. It's not based on filing date but the date it is reviewed for approval.

Edited by Nich-Nick

England.gifENGLAND ---

K-1 Timeline 4 months, 19 days 03-10-08 VSC to 7-29-08 Interview London

10-05-08 Married

AOS Timeline 5 months, 14 days 10-9-08 to 3-23-09 No interview

Removing Conditions Timeline 5 months, 20 days12-27-10 to 06-10-11 No interview

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

The journey from Fiancé to US citizenship:

4 years, 2 months, 6 days

243 pages of forms/documents submitted

No RFEs

Brilliant as always Nich. Many thanks.

May 20th 2011 - Meet in Chicago through mutual friends.
May 28th 2011 - Start relationship.
Feb 26th 2012 - Engaged!

K-1 JOURNEY
Filed I-129F - Jun 20th 2012
Approved - Dec 12th 2012
Total - 170 days

POE - Jan 20th 2013 Chicago
Married - Feb 26th 2013

AOS JOURNEY
Post AOS, AP, EAD - Mar 4th 2013
I-797C for all 3 - Mar 11th
Biometrics - Apr 4th 2013

AP + EAD Approved - May 10th 2013 (60 days)

Green Card - October 4th 2013

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

Reading this, I think I'm fine, but I'll check.

So I had my medical on the 24th, and the only thing I was missing was my Flu Vac, they offered me to either send it off now and just take a note that I've had the flu vac done by my doctor, or that I can fax the proof through to them, and they'll update the sheet then send it off.

I said I'll get it done Thursday/Friday and fax it through to them, and am going to fax the proof tomorrow. So, I should be fine then? Since the flu jab will be on the form signed by knights bridge doctors?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

Oh, and if that is okay for the AOS, then they are giving better, not perfect, but better advice at least. They said that they could send the form off to the embassy now, and I could take my GP proof of Flu Vac with me to the interview, but that it may mean "in some states" that when I apply for my AOS, I might need to get another vaccine form done, or that I could fax them the proof, they could update the form, and I wouldn't have to worry about it and could just keep and use the copy.

Few other random notes. Was seen by a young blonde doctor, didn't really say much, but just seemed to be a not talkative person rather than cold, was nice enough when telling me that my BP was high (what?!) and that it was probably just nerves, she let me lie down a while and then she retook it. Also, according to their scales, I dropped 5kg in one day, which is pretty impressive.

Overall, not a bad experience, apart from the cost of course. Everyone was nice and it went through pretty quick.

Reading this, I think I'm fine, but I'll check.

So I had my medical on the 24th, and the only thing I was missing was my Flu Vac, they offered me to either send it off now and just take a note that I've had the flu vac done by my doctor, or that I can fax the proof through to them, and they'll update the sheet then send it off.

I said I'll get it done Thursday/Friday and fax it through to them, and am going to fax the proof tomorrow. So, I should be fine then? Since the flu jab will be on the form signed by knights bridge doctors?

Yes. Excellent decision on on your part. The whole "take a note from your doctor" is rubbish because:

1. The embassy doesn't care if you got shots. You get a K1 visa even with zero shots.
  2. USCIS will not accept anything from your doctor for AOS (greencard) so you would have to take your doctor note to a Civil Surgeon in the US to copy every thing to a new sheet and sign off. $$$

England.gifENGLAND ---

K-1 Timeline 4 months, 19 days 03-10-08 VSC to 7-29-08 Interview London

10-05-08 Married

AOS Timeline 5 months, 14 days 10-9-08 to 3-23-09 No interview

Removing Conditions Timeline 5 months, 20 days12-27-10 to 06-10-11 No interview

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

The journey from Fiancé to US citizenship:

4 years, 2 months, 6 days

243 pages of forms/documents submitted

No RFEs

• 2 weeks later...

i just booked my medical and i'm curious, should i make sure to get all of the injections for my AOS from my GP before the medical or should it not really matter ?, i'm applying for a k-1 if this changes anything.

thanks.

i just booked my medical and i'm curious, should i make sure to get all of the injections for my AOS from my GP before the medical or should it not really matter ?, i'm applying for a k-1 if this changes anything.

thanks.

It will likely be less expensive to get your GP to do the vaccinations than waiting to do them in the U.S. But it's not a requirement of the K-1 to have the vaccinations to receive the visa.

Edit: Also be sure to read Nich-Nick's posts in this thread! http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/8321-london-medical-knightsbridge-doctors/page__view__findpost__p__5588790

Edited by LeftCoastLady

Part One: The K-1 Visa Journey:

USCIS Receipt of I-129F: January 24, 2012 | Petition Approval: June 15, 2012 (No RFEs)
Interview: October 24, 2012 - Review | Visa Delivered: October 31, 2012

Part Two: Entry and Adjusting Status:

POE: November 18, 2012 (at SFO) - Review
Wedding: December 1, 2012 | Social Security: New cards received on December 7, 2012.
AOS Package (I-485/I-765/I-131) NOA1: February 19, 2013 | Biometrics Appt.: March 18, 2013
AP/EAD Approved: April 29, 2013 | Card Received: May 6, 2013 | AOS Interview Appt.: May 16, 2013 - Approved Review Card Received: May 24, 2013

Part Three: Removal of Conditions:

Coming Soon...

"When you're born you get a ticket to the freak show. When you're born in America, you get a front row seat." – George Carlin

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.