Jahan&Veena

London Medical - Knightsbridge Doctors

2,055 posts in this topic

Do you have some pre-existing psychological condition that is making you think they might need that information from you?

If so, you could have the doctor who treated you in the past write up your treatment, and current status.

kitsig.jpg

K-1 Visa/ AOS Timeline:
(Detailed info on our timeline can be found here: About us)

ROC Timeline:

02/10/2014 - ROC Sent.

02/12/2014 - NOA1 Date.

03/11/2014 - Biometrics Date.

05/28/2014 - Card Production.

Just wanted to post a quick review regarding my recent medical.

I had it last Fri, Feb 18th and for anyone who's feeling a bit anxious about it, don't worry, it was pretty quick and easy :-)

I arrived at Bentinck Mansions about 10 mins early (it's a 5 min walk from Bond St tube) handed over everything I was told to bring and was given another questionnaire to fill out. It's pretty similar to the one they ask you to bring with you, just a bit more detailed.

Was then called to go and see the nurse to discuss my vaccination record. She was perfectly pleasant, asked me if I'd had chickenpox (even though my doctor had written on my vacc record that I had..) and asked me if I wanted the TDap, which I did. (I hadn't been able to get it from my doctor and was anxious to get everything out of the way for AOS). She gave me the jab then I went back to the waiting room.

I was then called by the doctor, I think he was called Dr.Sugar who had a quick look at my info. I hadn't had to tick 'Yes' to any boxes, so he seemed happy with that. He then took a blood sample, listened to my heart and lungs and sent me on my way. No peek down the pants(!) personal questions or anything like that.

The final step was the chest x-ray which literally took 2 mins. Again, the man who operated it was very pleasant.

Went back to the front desk, paid my £225 :( and received a certificate of my vacc and a copy of the DS-3025.

In and out in 45 mins :)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Ah Dr Sugar. That was the doctor I saw too. A very nice chap.

09/01/2010 - Lawyer sent package to Texas Lockbox

09/13/2010 - Email saying package has been routed to CSC

09/13/2010 - NOA1 issued

09/18/2010 - NOA1 paper copy

09/27/2010 - Touch

02/01/2011 - NOA2 issued

02/10/2011 - Case arrived at NVC

02/11/2011 - Case left NVC, headed to London!

02/15/2011 - Medical - passed with no problems

02/18/2011 - Case logged at Embassy, packet 3 letter sent out

02/18/2011 - MRV fee paid via phone

02/19/2011 - Packet 3 forms sent to embassy

02/22/2011 - Packet 3 forms arrived at embassy

02/24/2011 - Packet 3 letter arrived

03/01/2011 - Called DOS and got interview date: March 14th!

03/05/2011 - Packet 4 (interview letter) arrived

03/14/2011 - Interview - Approved!

03/16/2011 - Visa arrived! Two days after interview!!!

03/19/2011 - Flew to USA! POE: Seattle, WA

Filed: Timeline

Ah Dr Sugar. That was the doctor I saw too. A very nice chap.

I got him too - he is very nice. I asked when I got there if they had male and female doctors on that day. They said they did and that I was on the female doctor's list, so I asked to be switched and they were fine with it and did so. I definitely made the right choice, because after I spent weeks freaking out about this, it was all over in about 10 mins and only required rolling up a sleeve!

I must have looked terrified going into his office because when it was done, he smiled and said "Now that wasn't nearly as bad as you were expecting, was it?!"

Had my medical exam yesterday!

Bentinck Mansions was easy to find, I arrived 15mins early but I wasnt kept waiting. I saw a receptionist immedietely and handed over the questionaire I'd printed off as well as my passport, passport photo (uk sized, is indeed acceptable), vaccination records and letter from my GP. I brought my deed poll and birth certificate just in case but they weren't needed). I filled in another short questionaire and 5mins later a female Dr/Nurse came to collect me. She went over my vaccination record (pro-tip remember to collect your vaccination results from the hospital, as well as from your doctor, if you had immunisations/boosters at school! They aren't always on one record!) and went over the letter from my GP about the medication I take. She told me my immunisations were up to date apart from MMR so she gave me the booster jab (£35). She told me I was welcome to have it done with my GP and they'd hold my file until they have confirmation but I said I'd rather have it done then and there to save time. She was very informative, friendly and happy to answer my questions.

I then went to the room next door for my chest X-Ray. I was told to remove necklace and bra and put on the robe provided. The X-Ray man was rather talkative and upbeat, he inquired into my surnames history and told me I descended from the vikings. He then showed me to a small waiting room where myself and a few others were waiting in our gowns.

After about 10-15mins I was collected by a female doctor and shown to her office. She also went over the vaccination records and letter from my GP and inquired into the medication I take and what dose it was. I was then required to do a short eye test. (pro-tip: If you wear glasses bring them with you! I forgot mine and she was amused that I managed to find my way there with such poor eyesight!). She said everything was fine, that she's note down I wear glasses but hadn't brought them, and she then sat me on the trolley for the examination. She checked my eyes and mouth, listened to my chest (front and back), examined my chest and abdomen and had a quick peek to see if I was indeed female (charming!). She then took my blood, just 1 vial, very quick and painless. She then told me that was the exam over and I could get dressed.

Tehy told me the results would be at the embassy by Thursday and that if there were any problems found with my exam results then I would be notified BEFORE then. I paid my fee (£235) collected my copy of the vaccination record certificate and passport and left.

I hope this is helful to anybody who's nervous, it was a complete breeze.

Lifting Conditions
CIS Office : California Service Center

Date Filed : 10/07/2013

Packet arrived at CSC: 10/09/2013

Check cashed: 10/11/2013

NOA1: 10/09/2013

ebdDm7.png

• 3 weeks later...

Quick question to people in the know...

I'm just about to send Packet 3 off. Do I need to wait for my police certificate to book the medical? How do I go about booking the medical and the interview on the same day? I don't really fancy travelling to London twice in a short time (hopefully short anyway).

Is there any point doing both on the same day?

David.

K-1 Timeline:

14 Sep 2010 - Mailed in I-129F.

08 Feb 2011 - NOA 2.

09 Jun 2011 - Visa in hand.

13 Aug 2011 - Wedding day.

AOS Timeline:

14 Oct 2011 - Mailed in AOS/EAD forms.

21 Oct 2011 - NOA for AOS/EAD.

05 Nov 2011 - Case transferred to CSC.

08 Nov 2011 - Biometrics.

29 Dec 2011 - EAD in hand.

05 Jan 2012 - I-485 Approved (AOS).

11 Jan 2012 - I-551/Permanent Resident Card in hand.

Quick question to people in the know...

I'm just about to send Packet 3 off. Do I need to wait for my police certificate to book the medical? How do I go about booking the medical and the interview on the same day? I don't really fancy travelling to London twice in a short time (hopefully short anyway).

Is there any point doing both on the same day?

Hey there, unfortunately it's not possible to have the medical and the interview on the same day :(

The embassy won't schedule your interview til they receive your medical results. So I'd get your medical set up asap. You will need your police certificate for the medical, have you sent away for it? It'll take about 10-14 days...

Here's the link for London medical info http://london.usembassy.gov/immigrant-visas/medical-examination.html (Click on the blue text at the top right of the page for the full PDF)

Hi Scotch,

Sent off for that last week ( can't remember the date exactly ). I know I've dropped the ball on this one, I should've researched it all back when we got our NOA2.

Sending P3 off tomorrow and then just a matter of waiting for the Police Cert and then the medical.

Assuming I can send the packet 3 off without having the pol. cert. and the medical?

David.

K-1 Timeline:

14 Sep 2010 - Mailed in I-129F.

08 Feb 2011 - NOA 2.

09 Jun 2011 - Visa in hand.

13 Aug 2011 - Wedding day.

AOS Timeline:

14 Oct 2011 - Mailed in AOS/EAD forms.

21 Oct 2011 - NOA for AOS/EAD.

05 Nov 2011 - Case transferred to CSC.

08 Nov 2011 - Biometrics.

29 Dec 2011 - EAD in hand.

05 Jan 2012 - I-485 Approved (AOS).

11 Jan 2012 - I-551/Permanent Resident Card in hand.

Hi Scotch,

Sent off for that last week ( can't remember the date exactly ). I know I've dropped the ball on this one, I should've researched it all back when we got our NOA2.

Sending P3 off tomorrow and then just a matter of waiting for the Police Cert and then the medical.

Assuming I can send the packet 3 off without having the pol. cert. and the medical?

Hey don't worry about it, there's so much to try and remember at this stage of the process, what to send in and when, that at times I've felt as if my head's about to explode..!

If packet 3 is good to go, send it in. It took them about 10 days to log mine in.

You should get your police certificate back in a few days, they sent me an email to confirm they were processing it as well.

Also, when I phoned the Knightsbridge clinic to ask what dates were available for the medical, they could offer me one the next day, so don't worry, you'll be able to get that done quickly :-)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Hey don't worry about it, there's so much to try and remember at this stage of the process, what to send in and when, that at times I've felt as if my head's about to explode..!

If packet 3 is good to go, send it in. It took them about 10 days to log mine in.

You should get your police certificate back in a few days, they sent me an email to confirm they were processing it as well.

Also, when I phoned the Knightsbridge clinic to ask what dates were available for the medical, they could offer me one the next day, so don't worry, you'll be able to get that done quickly :-)

You're lucky that you were offered a next day appointment. I called last Friday (11th) and they could only schedule an appointment for after the 23rd.

Hi, Guys and Girls,

Well it was my medical yesterday, March 15th 2011. I arrived at the Bentinck Mansions address at 2:40pm, 10 minutes before my scheduled appointment.

I got buzzed in to the building, after pressing the button for Flat 4. Walked into the lobby and went to the door on the right, you can't miss it. When you first go through you are greeted by a receptionist who will ask you for your passport, UK passport sized photo, police certificate, vaccination records and your questionnaire, which you will find here http://london.usembassy.gov/immigrant-visas/medical-examination.html The receptionist will also give you another questionnaire which you fill out on part 1 only. The doctor will do the rest.

After a 10 minutes wait in the waiting room I was called in to the radiographer's room to have my chest X-ray done. Just face the wall, she adjusts the x-ray plate so that your chin is resting on it and you get given a lead apron type of thing to hold against your butt to protect the reproductive organs. Breathe in, hold it....................... breathe out, and you're all done. It will get loaded onto the computer whilst you are in the room, to make sure that the image is clear, and then you are done and go back to the waiting room.

Now I personally had to wait 30 minutes to be called in to the doctor's room, which may become clear why in a moment. So the doctor sat me down, gave back my passport and police certificate, and just went over a few questions with me again. At this point she asked me "How come you didn' t turn up at your 1:30 appointment time". I informed her that my appointment time was 2:50, which I confirmed again 2 days after making the original appointment. To which she just said "Oh, no matter" :bonk:

Then I had to sit on the bed and face the eye chart. Cover each eye, one at a time, and read off the letters as far as I could. I was then asked to breathe in and out, whilst she held a stethoscope to the front and back of my chest. I then got to lie down whilst she poked and prodded me in a few places. She took my blood pressure, which was fine, and then took my pulse, which was apparently a little fast. She put it down to nerves, but I put it down to expecting her to take a little peek downstairs to make sure that I was a man, but this never happened.

She then drew some blood, so that all the necessary tests could be done, and that was it.

I was told that all looks to be fine, she would look at my x-ray results that night and as long as I do not hear from them again then I could consider that all is well, and my results have been sent on to the Embassy.

I went back to the waiting room for about 3 minutes before being called back to the receptionist desk to pay the £200. The receptionist gave back my original vaccination records along with the filled out DS-3025, which is needed for adjusting status. All in, I was there for 1 hour 10 minutes. I'm sure this would have been shorter if there wasn't a mix up with my appointment time.

Hope this is helpful

ROC Timeline

4-26-13------Eligible to file for ROC

6-17-13------Sent off I-751 Package

6-19-13------VSC Received our package. Signed for by K. Fitzgerald

6-24-13------Received NOA in the mail, dated 6-20-13

6-24-13------Check Cashed

7-05-13------Received Biometrics Appointment letter in the mail for 7-18-13

7-18-13------Biometrics done

8-20-13------Case Transferred to CSC for further processing

8-24-13------Transfer notice arrived in the mail today

10-21-13----ROC Approved!

10-25-13----Received approval letter in the mail

10-28-13----Production of 10 Yr Green Card ordered

11-01-13----Card has been mailed!....Received USPS tracking number

11-04-13----10yr Green Card arrived in the mail today....Yay!!

2gsxvmz.png

Hi, Guys and Girls,

Well it was my medical yesterday, March 15th 2011. I arrived at the Bentinck Mansions address at 2:40pm, 10 minutes before my scheduled appointment.

I got buzzed in to the building, after pressing the button for Flat 4. Walked into the lobby and went to the door on the right, you can't miss it. When you first go through you are greeted by a receptionist who will ask you for your passport, UK passport sized photo, police certificate, vaccination records and your questionnaire, which you will find here http://london.usemba...xamination.html The receptionist will also give you another questionnaire which you fill out on part 1 only. The doctor will do the rest.

After a 10 minutes wait in the waiting room I was called in to the radiographer's room to have my chest X-ray done. Just face the wall, she adjusts the x-ray plate so that your chin is resting on it and you get given a lead apron type of thing to hold against your butt to protect the reproductive organs. Breathe in, hold it....................... breathe out, and you're all done. It will get loaded onto the computer whilst you are in the room, to make sure that the image is clear, and then you are done and go back to the waiting room.

Now I personally had to wait 30 minutes to be called in to the doctor's room, which may become clear why in a moment. So the doctor sat me down, gave back my passport and police certificate, and just went over a few questions with me again. At this point she asked me "How come you didn' t turn up at your 1:30 appointment time". I informed her that my appointment time was 2:50, which I confirmed again 2 days after making the original appointment. To which she just said "Oh, no matter" :bonk:

Then I had to sit on the bed and face the eye chart. Cover each eye, one at a time, and read off the letters as far as I could. I was then asked to breathe in and out, whilst she held a stethoscope to the front and back of my chest. I then got to lie down whilst she poked and prodded me in a few places. She took my blood pressure, which was fine, and then took my pulse, which was apparently a little fast. She put it down to nerves, but I put it down to expecting her to take a little peek downstairs to make sure that I was a man, but this never happened.

She then drew some blood, so that all the necessary tests could be done, and that was it.

I was told that all looks to be fine, she would look at my x-ray results that night and as long as I do not hear from them again then I could consider that all is well, and my results have been sent on to the Embassy.

I went back to the waiting room for about 3 minutes before being called back to the receptionist desk to pay the £200. The receptionist gave back my original vaccination records along with the filled out DS-3025, which is needed for adjusting status. All in, I was there for 1 hour 10 minutes. I'm sure this would have been shorter if there wasn't a mix up with my appointment time.

Hope this is helpful

ty for posting this!!

July 24,2010- Nigel proposed!!

September 1, 2010- posted the k-1 (lewisville address)

September 3, 2010 - forwarded to dallas

September 6, 2010- recieved in dallas

September 7, 2010 - forwarded to vermont service center

September 8, 2010- offical date of NOA1

September 9, 2010- text and email alerts 2:30 a.m.!!! but worth being woke up to

September 10, 2010 check cashed

October 3, 2010- joined VJ going bonkers waiting....

March 4, 2011 NOA2 after a long 177 days waiting ( no text email or onliine update.. still says in review)

March 10, 2011 NVC received and issued LND#

March 12, 2011 NOA2 hard copy received

March 17, 2011 we are at London.. packet 3 sent out

March 18, 2011 packet 3 sent back to London

March 22,2011 MRV-paid

April 1, 2011 Medical

April 15, 2011 Interview- Approved! orignal interview date May 13 requested to move forward received less than a days notice.

See timeline for Aos details....

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

Hi, Guys and Girls,

I got buzzed in to the building, after pressing the button for Flat 4. Walked into the lobby and went to the door on the right, you can't miss it. When you first go through you are greeted by a receptionist who will ask you for your passport, UK passport sized photo, police certificate, vaccination records and your questionnaire, which you will find here http://london.usembassy.gov/immigrant-visas/medical-examination.html The receptionist will also give you another questionnaire which you fill out on part 1 only. The doctor will do the rest.

Hope this is helpful

Wow, so from noa2 to medical date was less than a month. :)

Have you scheduled your interview yet? If so, how long is the wait for that currently?

Ben

MAY 1ST 2010: Met on night out in Fort Worth, TX.

SEP 24TH 2010: Ben 2 Week visit to Dallas

OCT 29TH 2010: Ashley 2 week visit to England.

DEC 25TH 2010: Ben 2 week visit to Dallas.

JAN 3RD 2011: Sent I-129F with USPS

JAN 6TH 2011: Arrived at Dallas 75266 Lockbox- Signed for by C.Thornquist at 6:03am

JAN 7TH 2011: Check Cashed

JAN 9TH 2011: NOA1 Emailed to us - Jan 6th - Sent to VSC

JAN 11TH 2011: NOA1 Hardcopy received in post (NOA1 Date: January 6th 2011)

FEB 24TH 2011: Ashley 2 week visit to England.

APR 15TH 2011: Ben 2 week visit to Dallas.

MAY 20TH 2011: NOA2 Email and Text - Approved!!!! - 134 days

MAY 26TH 2011: NOA2 Hardcopy

MAY 31ST 2011: NVC RECEIVE - Given LND Case Number

JUN 1St 2011: NVC LEAVE

JUN 6TH 2011: ARRIVE LONDON CONSULATE

JUN 11TH 2011: PACKET 3 RECEIVED

Jun 11th-28th: Visit Ashley in Dallas

JUN 30TH 2011: Medical

JUL 4TH 2011: PACKET 3 RETURNED

Wow, so from noa2 to medical date was less than a month. :)

Have you scheduled your interview yet? If so, how long is the wait for that currently?

Ben

Called DOS tonight. Our packet 3 forms are logged, just waiting for them to schedule an interview date.

Good luck on your journey :thumbs:

ROC Timeline

4-26-13------Eligible to file for ROC

6-17-13------Sent off I-751 Package

6-19-13------VSC Received our package. Signed for by K. Fitzgerald

6-24-13------Received NOA in the mail, dated 6-20-13

6-24-13------Check Cashed

7-05-13------Received Biometrics Appointment letter in the mail for 7-18-13

7-18-13------Biometrics done

8-20-13------Case Transferred to CSC for further processing

8-24-13------Transfer notice arrived in the mail today

10-21-13----ROC Approved!

10-25-13----Received approval letter in the mail

10-28-13----Production of 10 Yr Green Card ordered

11-01-13----Card has been mailed!....Received USPS tracking number

11-04-13----10yr Green Card arrived in the mail today....Yay!!

2gsxvmz.png

Hi, Guys and Girls,

Hope this is helpful

I was at the Doctors about the same time as you! lol :)

I got there about quarter to three I think, but I didn't get out till after half four! I only thing different to your experience is that I received the MMR jab. :)

Edited by Geordie

CR1 VISA

Jul 23 2010 - MARRIED

Aug 26 2010 - I-130 received by USCIS

Jan 21 2011 - Approved by USCIS

Mar 04 2011 - NVC received

Mar 15 2011 - Medical

Mar 30 2011 - NVC COMPLETED

Apr 14 2011 - Packet 4 received

May 12 2011 - EMBASSY INTERVIEW

May 23 2011 - VISA received

May 26 2011 - Dulles POE

Jun 20 2011 - GREENCARD arrives

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.