bszoom42

Waiting for a NOA2 from VSC for your I-129F?

6,683 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline
Thank you everybody!!!

We'll all be approved soon. One more proof that 6 month waiting theory now is wrong!

I should go to bed now, it's 1:16 am here but I'm not sure I can sleep, I'm to excited :)

Unfortunately there are people waiting that are at 5 months or more that still have not been approved. Let's hope no one has to wait six months. :blink:

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you everybody!!!

We'll all be approved soon. One more proof that 6 month waiting theory now is wrong!

I should go to bed now, it's 1:16 am here but I'm not sure I can sleep, I'm to excited :)

:dance::dance::dance::dance::dance:

Congratulations :D

:dance::dance::dance::dance::dance:

And yeah snowangel...you look younger than I do and I am not even 30! :thumbs:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

afterforever thanks, i will try to make the best of my trip!!!!!!! :thumbs:

Nivesito CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Please dont scare me though!!!!!!!! Both Mirla and I dont want to think that our petitions are lost!!!!!! :crying:

2/17/07-Met in Bogota

4/20/07-returned to Bogota to see her

5/18/07-sent out I129f

5/19/07-returned to Bogota to see her

5/21/07-received at VCS

5/28/07-Received NOA1

5/30/07-touch

7/4/07-returned to see her

10/17/07-Met Leidy in Panama for 5 days

10/26/07-RFE

10/27/07-Sent back RFE

10/29/07-Touch due to RFE arriving

10/30/07-Touch

10/31/07-Touch

11/15/07-NOA2 Sent!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

11/16/07-Touch

11/19/07-NVC Received

11/21/07-Left NVC for Consulate

11/22/07-Returned to see Leidy after her stay in the hospital..

11/23/07-Consualte received

11/26/07-Packet 3 sent to Leidy

12/04/07-Packet 3 received

12/04/07-Packet 3 sent

12/31/07-Interview date!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! APPROVED!!!!!!!!!!!

1/9/08- Leidy's overnight flight will arrive to JFK airport!!!!!!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ghana
Timeline
17 YEAR OLD CAN DO IT...SO CAN WE....READ.......

My daughter is married to a Marine. Over the last 6 years he has been deployed 5 times. 3 times to Iraq. And yes it is very difficult. My daughter is 24 raising two small boys basically alone. It puts a stress and strain on them. They've been married 7 years this month. So if a 17 year old can marry a Marine, bear him two children, give birth to her last one ALONE while he is in Iraq, raise these boys mostly alone and maintain a very long distance, SCAREY relationship...surely our mere 6 month wait for an initial answer is a drop in the bucket. He was there for the Shock and Awe...saw friends die..was shot at....endured many hardhips..but their love, commitment and determination have glued them together. My daughter spends her alone holidays making dinners for the guys on duty that can't go home, assisting new wives of Marines and new moms. Her way of dealing is to stay busy and help others. Suck it up guys...we can do this...the more positive we stay...the more FOCUSED we stay...the easier the wait will be. We have two choices...be miserable and watch the time tick...or be positive and find good things to do to fill our time. SEMPER FI...is the marines Moto...ALWAYS FAITHFUL. Lets be faithful to ourselves, to our loved ones and to our journey!!! So when you feel down...go to the mirror....and say...SEMPER FI....this WILL pass.... Find your inner strength and make it a good experience. A time of growth and successes. Byron, Mirla, and other who still wait from May...your time is coming...it is...hang in there...SEMPER FI !!! If my daughter can achieve all this from the young age of 17 to now....then I certainly can handle this short time in my life. My daughter is my inspiration in my journey...THANK YOU MEL...MOM LOVES YOU!!

Are you pulling my leg??? You have a 17 year old daughter???

I hope I look that good at your age :D

Wow.

Mama to 2 beautiful boys (August 2011 and January 2015)

Click for full timeline

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
Thanks everybody for all your good wishes!!!!!!!

Eventhough i am very frustrated with this whole process right now, seeing Leidy in 2 days is going to do wonders for me....I hope you all are right and i don't have to wait the 6 months!!!!!

All you guys are amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

Have a good trip Byron. I may go visit my fiancee if this process continues to drag on. I wasn't planning to see her again until the interview but I was hoping that was going to be in December. Who know's now when that will be.

I miss my fiancee very much.

Yeah Byron, have a great trip and hopefully your NOA2 will be approved soon along with the rest of us May filers.

Afterforever,

Your sentiments match mine exactly. Same as you, I may have to visit her again. I planned on a wonderful Christmas together here in the US this year. I was looking at the timeline in VJs tonight. It is unbelievable that people who filed with VSC less than 2 weeks before us were approved for NOA2s 2 months ago and have interview dates of Sep, Oct & Nov.

Edited by Bill B

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

Congratulations on the most recent NOA2s!! There is life at VSC - YEAH - now lets keep them coming!!!!!

“Hold on to the center and make up your mind to rejoice in this paradise called life.” ~ Lao-tzu

4374690_bodyshot_175x233_1205371236499.gif4572850_bodyshot_175x233.gif

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

B)-->

QUOTE(Bill B @ Oct 15 2007, 06:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Thanks everybody for all your good wishes!!!!!!!

Eventhough i am very frustrated with this whole process right now, seeing Leidy in 2 days is going to do wonders for me....I hope you all are right and i don't have to wait the 6 months!!!!!

All you guys are amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

Have a good trip Byron. I may go visit my fiancee if this process continues to drag on. I wasn't planning to see her again until the interview but I was hoping that was going to be in December. Who know's now when that will be.

I miss my fiancee very much.

Yeah Byron, have a great trip and hopefully your NOA2 will be approved soon along with the rest of us May filers.

Afterforever,

Your sentiments match mine exactly. Same as you, I may have to visit her again. I planned on a wonderful Christmas together here in the US this year. I was looking at the timeline in VJs tonight. It is unbelievable that people who filed with VSC less than 2 weeks before us were approved for NOA2s 2 months ago and have interview dates of Sep, Oct & Nov.

I wonder what new excuse USCIS has now, for not approving us May filers this week. Come let's get a move on it USCIS. :angry:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: South Korea
Timeline
Thank you everybody!!!

Unfortunately there are people waiting that are at 5 months or more that still have not been approved. Let's hope no one has to wait six months. :blink:

I hear ya afterforever, hell, at this pace (which does not prove to me that some will not wait 6 months or more) all of us in this thread waiting for NOA2s from VSC should all have our NOA2s just in time for Christmas 2008. What a joke these @S@h@l@s are who put other VISAs ahead of K1/K3 VISAs. By the way, weren't most or all of the 9-11 terrorists over here on work/employment VISAs?

Edited by Bob & Kim

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

Congratulations Nivesito!! Awesome news for a Monday. At least there was one Vermont approval today.

Oh, and :time:

Edited by Jason-Sasha

22 Jun 05 - We met in a tiny bar in Williamsburg, Va. (spent all summer together)

27 May 06 - Sasha comes back for a 2nd glorious summer (spent 8 months apart)

01 Jan 07 - Jason travels to Moscow for 2 weeks with Sasha

27 May 07 - Jason again travels to Moscow for 2 weeks of perfection

14 July 07 - I-129F and all related documents sent to VSC

16 July 07 - I-129F delivered to VSC and signed for by P. Novak

20 July 07 - NOA1 issued / receipt number assigned

27 Sep 07 - Jason travels to Moscow to be with Sasha for 2 weeks

28 Nov 07 - NOA2 issued...TOUCHED!...then...APPROVED!!!

01 Dec 07 - NVC receives/assigns case #

04 Dec 07 - NVC sends case to U.S. Embassy Moscow

26 Dec 07 - Jason visits Sasha in Russia for the 4th and final time of 2007 :)

22 Feb 08 - Moscow Interview! (APPROVED!!!)..Yay!

24 Mar 08 - Sasha and Jason reunite in the U.S. :)

31 May 08 - Married

29 Dec 08- Alexander is born

11 Jan 10 - AOS / AP / EAD package sent

19 Jan 10 - AOS NOA1 / AP NOA1 / EAD NOA1

08 Feb 10 - AOS case transferred to CSC

16 Mar 10 - AP received

16 Mar 10 - AOS approved

19 Mar 10 - EAD received

22 Mar 10 - GC received

Timeline

This week, Afterforever??? Try to hang in there,....It's only Monday :blink:

22 Jun 05 - We met in a tiny bar in Williamsburg, Va. (spent all summer together)

31 May 08 - Married

16 Mar 10 - AP received

16 Mar 10 - AOS approved

19 Mar 10 - EAD received

22 Mar 10 - GC received

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Congratulations.....NIVESITO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! My heart stopped when I saw your timeline. Our dates are very similar....OMG! I just can't wait to see it. Wow! yes! you got me feeling great again.

Missy

April 8, 2007 - Visited the love of my life in Nigeria

April 10, 2007 - Engaged

May 21, 2007 - Sent Package to VSC

May 24, 2007 - NOA1 receipt date

August 10, 2007 - Visited the love of my life in Nigeria (again...stayed three weeks)

September 1, 2007 - arrived back in the States

November 5, 2007 - approved!!!

November 6, 2007 - touched

November 9, 2007 - received paper NOA2

November 9, 2007 - NVC forwarded case to consulate

November 15, 2007 - received letter from NVC

November 19, 2007 - fiance has interview date and corresponding forms

December 15, 2007 - Purchase Ticket

January 8, 2008- interview at consulate (approved!)

January 18, 2008- pick up visa

January 19, 2008 - POE (JFK)

February 14, 2008 - married on V-day!

AOS/EAD:

March 14, 2008 - applied for AOS/EAD

March 16, 2008 - AOS/EAD Received

March 20, 2008 - (AOS/EAD) NOA1 Received

March 27, 2008 - Received biometric Appointment

April 8, 2008 - I485 Application transfered to California Service Center

April 11, 2008- Biometrics taken

April 16, 2008 - Touched (AOS Transfered)

May 07, 2008 - Touched

May 08, 2008 - Touched

May 09, 2008 - Touched

May 12, 2008 - Touched

May 13, 2008 - Touched

May 14, 2008 - Touched(EAD card production ordered)

May 19, 2008 - Touched(EAD Approved)

May 19, 2008 - (AOS) Touched

May 19, 2008 - EAD card received!!!

June 05, 2008 - Touched(AOS Card production ordered)

June 09, 2008 - AOS approval notice sent

June 12, 2008 - Green Card received in mail

Filed: Country: Portugal
Timeline

Just got back from FL. Dad's still in the hospital, but stabilized. Mom's back home.

Congratulations, Nivesito!!!!!! VSC seems to be picking up pace (at least over the 0- and 1-approval weeks).

At least they seem to be working backwards a little... so maybe they'll work back to the stack of missed May filers. ;)

NOA1 - May 18th

NOA2 - October 18th

NVC Received - Oct. 22

Packet 3 Received - Nov. 9

Interview - Nov. 27 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Interview Delayed until December 6th

K1 in hand - December 6th!!!!!!!!!!

Arrived in the U.S. - December 12th!

MARRIED December 17th!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Timeline

It does seem to be getting better, if only 10%. Still better than nothing like we experienced the past few weeks.

31 May 08 - Married

16 Mar 10 - AP received

16 Mar 10 - AOS approved

19 Mar 10 - EAD received

22 Mar 10 - GC received

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

In case you haven't seen. USCIS posted their new processing goals and the timeframe for us stayed the same...

U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services

Vermont Service Center Processing Dates

Posted October 15, 2007

I-129F Petition for Alien Fiance(e) K-1/K-2 - Not yet married - fiance and/or dependent child 6 Months

Just got back from FL. Dad's still in the hospital, but stabilized. Mom's back home.

Congratulations, Nivesito!!!!!! VSC seems to be picking up pace (at least over the 0- and 1-approval weeks).

At least they seem to be working backwards a little... so maybe they'll work back to the stack of missed May filers. ;)

Good luck empr. You guys should be any minute now. Have you had any touches? I noticed the last approved person had several touches in the 3 days leading up to the approval?

Filed: Timeline
With that said....I agree....we can take from others experiences and let those enrich us...or we can choose to just be miserable every day of this process. I struggle to...very much so...just like everyone else here....But it wasnt about who suffers more or less..well actually it IS. I can complain that I have arthritis in my knees...but when I see someone without LEGS i feel more greatful that I have that arthritis...at least it makes me know I still have my legs to walk with....so yes..it IS about acknowlegding that some are worse off then we are...it helps keep our suffering in a bit more perspective....sorry to change mid stream there...but the thought hit me......

I guess what I didn't do a very good job of conveying is that there is always somebody who is worse off. So if you really think about it, there's only one person on this planet at any given time who really has any reason to complain, because that person is currently suffering more than any other person, and everyone else needs to be grateful that they're not that person. But obviously that's impractical. When we use the notion that somebody somewhere is suffering more than we are, it shuts down discussion because there's an implicit suggestion that we're being selfish. It's like when your mom told you that you should eat all your dinner because people are starving in Africa. (And in my case, it didn't work to offer to send my dinner to them. :) )

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.