bszoom42

Waiting for a NOA2 from VSC for your I-129F?

6,683 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

I'm sick of this BS!!!!!! I try to give myself hope but for what??? Seems like nothing is going to happen anyway!!!!!!!!!

I really wish i would have let her get her tourist visa....Her aunt was going to sponsor her saying that she was traveling due to a seminar for her business where she worked in.... I really am beginning to regret having done things " the right way " !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Then they wonder why the system is all F'd up!!!

2/17/07-Met in Bogota

4/20/07-returned to Bogota to see her

5/18/07-sent out I129f

5/19/07-returned to Bogota to see her

5/21/07-received at VCS

5/28/07-Received NOA1

5/30/07-touch

7/4/07-returned to see her

10/17/07-Met Leidy in Panama for 5 days

10/26/07-RFE

10/27/07-Sent back RFE

10/29/07-Touch due to RFE arriving

10/30/07-Touch

10/31/07-Touch

11/15/07-NOA2 Sent!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

11/16/07-Touch

11/19/07-NVC Received

11/21/07-Left NVC for Consulate

11/22/07-Returned to see Leidy after her stay in the hospital..

11/23/07-Consualte received

11/26/07-Packet 3 sent to Leidy

12/04/07-Packet 3 received

12/04/07-Packet 3 sent

12/31/07-Interview date!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! APPROVED!!!!!!!!!!!

1/9/08- Leidy's overnight flight will arrive to JFK airport!!!!!!

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Peru
Timeline
I'm sick of this BS!!!!!! I try to give myself hope but for what??? Seems like nothing is going to happen anyway!!!!!!!!!

I really wish i would have let her get her tourist visa....Her aunt was going to sponsor her saying that she was traveling due to a seminar for her business where she worked in.... I really am beginning to regret having done things " the right way " !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Then they wonder why the system is all F'd up!!!

I agree with you...I could have just stayed and overstayed my I-94.....I was gonna get married anyways....but it's not worth to think about the past you know....

"Imagination is everything. It is the preview of life's coming attractions." Albert Einstein.

05/09/07 --- NOA1

05/15/07 --- Touched

10/24/07 --- Case assigned!

10/31/07 --- Touched

11/01/07 --- RFE

11/02/07 --- Touched

11/05/07 --- Got RFE on the mail

11/09/07 --- RFE sent back to VSC

12/06/07 --- Waited enough time to RESEND our RFE

12/07/07 --- RFE received at VSC and signed by Novak....

12/10/07 --- Case received and resumed

12/11/07 --- Touched

12/12/07 --- Touched

12/13/07 --- Touched

12/14/07 --- Touched

01/02/08 --- Touched

01/02/08 --- APPROVED!!!!!!

01/11/08 --- Got NOA2 on the mail

01/12/08 --- Got NVC letter on the mail

01/17/08 --- Got packet 3

01/28/08 --- Medical

02/05/08 --- INTERVIEW!!!!

02/10/08 --- Off to NY!!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

Well another weekend and nothing new....im use to it!! :angry:

2/17/07-Met in Bogota

4/20/07-returned to Bogota to see her

5/18/07-sent out I129f

5/19/07-returned to Bogota to see her

5/21/07-received at VCS

5/28/07-Received NOA1

5/30/07-touch

7/4/07-returned to see her

10/17/07-Met Leidy in Panama for 5 days

10/26/07-RFE

10/27/07-Sent back RFE

10/29/07-Touch due to RFE arriving

10/30/07-Touch

10/31/07-Touch

11/15/07-NOA2 Sent!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

11/16/07-Touch

11/19/07-NVC Received

11/21/07-Left NVC for Consulate

11/22/07-Returned to see Leidy after her stay in the hospital..

11/23/07-Consualte received

11/26/07-Packet 3 sent to Leidy

12/04/07-Packet 3 received

12/04/07-Packet 3 sent

12/31/07-Interview date!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! APPROVED!!!!!!!!!!!

1/9/08- Leidy's overnight flight will arrive to JFK airport!!!!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Peru
Timeline
my dad fell ill on Tuesday and had to go to the hospital, and my mom got brain surgery yesterday.

I had to fly last-minute down to Florida on Wed. to care for them ..... so waiting for the NOA2 seems kind of small in the scheme of things now.

Congratulations to Shai! Good to see VSC getting 3 out this week!!! (I'm exstatic).

And thanks to everyone who wishes an NOA2 us skipped May-filers,

Gail

Gail, I hope you parents will get better very very soon!

"Imagination is everything. It is the preview of life's coming attractions." Albert Einstein.

05/09/07 --- NOA1

05/15/07 --- Touched

10/24/07 --- Case assigned!

10/31/07 --- Touched

11/01/07 --- RFE

11/02/07 --- Touched

11/05/07 --- Got RFE on the mail

11/09/07 --- RFE sent back to VSC

12/06/07 --- Waited enough time to RESEND our RFE

12/07/07 --- RFE received at VSC and signed by Novak....

12/10/07 --- Case received and resumed

12/11/07 --- Touched

12/12/07 --- Touched

12/13/07 --- Touched

12/14/07 --- Touched

01/02/08 --- Touched

01/02/08 --- APPROVED!!!!!!

01/11/08 --- Got NOA2 on the mail

01/12/08 --- Got NVC letter on the mail

01/17/08 --- Got packet 3

01/28/08 --- Medical

02/05/08 --- INTERVIEW!!!!

02/10/08 --- Off to NY!!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
I'm sensing a lot of tension in the air, so here's a bunny with a pancake on its head.

pancake3.jpg

I am really depressed now. :(

I can't see the bunny. All I see is a little red X.

I WANT TO SEE THE BUNNY! :crying:

Here! :P

bunny_pancake.jpg

OMG, I love sarcasm :innocent:

Petition sent priority mail 6/4/07

Received by VSC 6/6/07

Touched 6/13/07

um ... hello?

Touched 12/20/07, after change of address

approx. 1/3/08 - starting to wish VSC staff acquire untreatable stinkfoot

1/17/08 Ombudsman filed formal inquiry.

Touched 2/3 ... wow that was fast, only 8 months to get around to us

Approved 2/20 NOA2

Case arrived Manila USE 3/4

Interview scheduled April 22!

Medical 4/14

Approved!! Interview on 4/22 - just one question!

Visa in hand May 10, whew!

Tickets for poe may 24

Married july 2008

2 year resident w/o interview 2/09 (no more hiding in the basement jokes)

kid 1,Bradley, 10/2009

10 year resident 2/2011 w/o interview

kid 2, Jeffrey, 8/2012

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ghana
Timeline
my dad fell ill on Tuesday and had to go to the hospital, and my mom got brain surgery yesterday.

I had to fly last-minute down to Florida on Wed. to care for them ..... so waiting for the NOA2 seems kind of small in the scheme of things now.

Congratulations to Shai! Good to see VSC getting 3 out this week!!! (I'm exstatic).

And thanks to everyone who wishes an NOA2 us skipped May-filers,

Gail

I hope everything gets better soon (F)

Mama to 2 beautiful boys (August 2011 and January 2015)

Click for full timeline

Timeline

Hello all:

Well, I sat in on the teleconference like some others here and I took some notes to pass on to those of you who could not make it. Please understand there were many times when although they were focused on receipting issues, you could hear the nuances of the effects on us.

1. The ombudsman had a USCIS guest there from USCIS. Her name was Debra Rogers and she was the Division Chief of Information and Customer Service and claimed she had over 20 years of experience. She had what appeared to be a script of things that she just read from, most defending USCIS and addressing receipting. She would not entertain questions from teleconference participants...of course appologizing for that.

2. One of them said USCIS received over 1.2 million types of cases/applications this summer and they are proud that they are down to a backlog of "just" 480,000. They also said all I-485s were caught up. They said this "frontlog" of cases has affected many applicants (us being some of them of course, without directly commenting on us).

3. She said the receipting delay is their highest priority and they are working overtime and weekends on them.

4. She said they will continue to apply all available resources to receipting (of course I interpreted this as more delays to us).

5. She said they work things First In, First Out, but there are a small percentage that require a "little" more attention and get sent to another more specialized set of staff members to look at.

6. The ombudsman said USCIS uses the Received Date and not the Notice Date to prioritize their work.

7. The ombudsman said each time you call the USCIS you should note the date, time, operator or employee #, and where you called from. If you feel you received erroneous information he wants to know about it and for you to email him the information you noted to help them in identifying the person you spoke to. I also believe he meant poor customer service in general as USCIS leadership seems to believe the cutomer service reps are being very professional now.

8. The ombudsman openly and strongly expressed that he has a lot of frustration with USCIS and even he has trouble getting information he asks for. He said even what he considers as simple statistics USCIS seemingly cannot get them for him. He said after waiting way too long (weeks) USCIS sent him a page of information that did not even answer his request.

9. He said too many excuses are being put on the fact that USCIS received many more applications/cases than they expected before the announcement of the fee increase.

10. He appologized for not taking any questions during the teleconference (other than some that were emailed to him during it). He asked those of us in the teleconference with questions/issues to please reply to the email he sent us for the teleconference. I already did this and sent him what I posted a couple of times here for those of you being interviewed by the Post. I did add an opening paragraph to tie it somewhat to the receipting issues since that was the topic of the teleconference.

Couple of things about the Ombudsman I would like you to know, if you don't already. You will notice here that he does not work under the USCIS Director, which is good. It gives him some autonomy. This is his website http://www.dhs.gov/xabout/structure/editorial_0482.shtm and this is the link to send him recommendations:

http://www.dhs.gov/xabout/structure/editorial_0501.shtm

The Citizenship and Immigration Services Ombudsman (CIS Ombudsman) provides recommendations for resolving individual and employer problems with the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS). As mandated by the Homeland Security Act of 2002 § 452, CISOMB is an independent DHS office that reports directly to the DHS Deputy Secretary. The CIS Ombudsman:

Assists individuals and employers in resolving problems with USCIS;

Identifies areas in which individuals and employers have problems in dealing with USCIS; and

Proposes changes to mitigate identified problems.

In closing, he said it was obvious that there would probably be a teleconference focused on USCIS exceeding their processing times. He said he just came back from Los Angeles and got an earful there and that USCIS has been breaking a lot of processing timelines.

In the beginning of the teleconference, he did give us his office phone number for I believe his secretary. It is (202) 357-8100.

So, in a nutshell, things are still very gloomy for us considering USCIS is focusing so many resources on so many other areas. As US Wendy said, we need to keep writing and keep voicing our opinions on how the service is unacceptable and negatively affecting our lives (US citizens) in so many ways. Please chime in if you were in on the call and want to further elaborate on anything I pointed out or missed. Good luck to everyone.

Edited by Bill B

Um, Bill (of Bill and Bella fame), has all thia action on here sent you crazy??????? A mule in a dress??? Normally you are the sarcastic voice of reason!!

On a serious note, CONGRATS to all the approved VJers. I took a day off, and look what happens... Maybe I should stop watching this kettle and just wait for the whistle!

Yeah you are right. I don't know what I was thinking of. It is ridiculous to think of putting a dress on a mule. Everyone knows that is what sheep are for. :wub:

In any case, it is not my fault if I am acting crazy. It is moxcamel's fault. He is the one that got me laughing by posting a picture of a bunny with a pancake on his head in order to stop a squabble. We should try that in Iraq. :bonk:

By the way the bunny pancake is available now at McDonalds for only $1.75! :dance:

My Timeline:

7/27/07 VSC rcvd I-129F--8/7/07 NOA1 issued--12/12/07 NOA2 issued--12/27/07 Pkg 3 returned--2/29/08 Interview & Approval--4/1/08 POE--6/27/08 Married--6/27/08-6/5/09 Trying to figure out how to make this work--6/11/09 Submitted AOS forms--6/19/09 NOA's issued--7/21 Biometrics--7/27 Rcvd 2 of 3 Interview appt letters for 8/24--8/3 Rcvd 3rd interview appt letter for 8/28--8/5 Used infopass appt to consolidate interviews on 8/28--8/6/09 Rcvd email notification of AP & EAD approvals--8/11&12 Rcvd AP's in mail--8/14 Rcvd 1st EAD card in mail.--8/23/11 Mailed ROC Pkg.--8/24/11 NOA--10/5/11 Biometrics

My Favorite Links & Threads:

CSC & VSC K1 & K3 Recent approvals

Colombia Club Part 1 & Colombia Club Part 2

RFE List Learn from others' mistakes.

Red Flags Learn what to try to avoid or prepare to discuss and explain during interview.

HUSKERKIEV Thread Great insider tips from a former adjudicator at the Nebraska Service Center.

Timeline

B)-->

QUOTE(Bill B @ Oct 12 2007, 08:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hello all:

Well, I sat in on the teleconference like some others here and I took some notes to pass on to those of you who could not make it. Please understand there were many times when although they were focused on receipting issues, you could hear the nuances of the effects on us.

1. The ombudsman had a USCIS guest there from USCIS. Her name was Debra Rogers and she was the Division Chief of Information and Customer Service and claimed she had over 20 years of experience. She had what appeared to be a script of things that she just read from, most defending USCIS and addressing receipting. She would not entertain questions from teleconference participants...of course appologizing for that.

2. One of them said USCIS received over 1.2 million types of cases/applications this summer and they are proud that they are down to a backlog of "just" 480,000. They also said all I-485s were caught up. They said this "frontlog" of cases has affected many applicants (us being some of them of course, without directly commenting on us).

3. She said the receipting delay is their highest priority and they are working overtime and weekends on them.

4. She said they will continue to apply all available resources to receipting (of course I interpreted this as more delays to us).

5. She said they work things First In, First Out, but there are a small percentage that require a "little" more attention and get sent to another more specialized set of staff members to look at.

6. The ombudsman said USCIS uses the Received Date and not the Notice Date to prioritize their work.

7. The ombudsman said each time you call the USCIS you should note the date, time, operator or employee #, and where you called from. If you feel you received erroneous information he wants to know about it and for you to email him the information you noted to help them in identifying the person you spoke to. I also believe he meant poor customer service in general as USCIS leadership seems to believe the cutomer service reps are being very professional now.

8. The ombudsman openly and strongly expressed that he has a lot of frustration with USCIS and even he has trouble getting information he asks for. He said even what he considers as simple statistics USCIS seemingly cannot get them for him. He said after waiting way too long (weeks) USCIS sent him a page of information that did not even answer his request.

9. He said too many excuses are being put on the fact that USCIS received many more applications/cases than they expected before the announcement of the fee increase.

10. He appologized for not taking any questions during the teleconference (other than some that were emailed to him during it). He asked those of us in the teleconference with questions/issues to please reply to the email he sent us for the teleconference. I already did this and sent him what I posted a couple of times here for those of you being interviewed by the Post. I did add an opening paragraph to tie it somewhat to the receipting issues since that was the topic of the teleconference.

Couple of things about the Ombudsman I would like you to know, if you don't already. You will notice here that he does not work under the USCIS Director, which is good. It gives him some autonomy. This is his website http://www.dhs.gov/xabout/structure/editorial_0482.shtm and this is the link to send him recommendations:

The Citizenship and Immigration Services Ombudsman (CIS Ombudsman) provides recommendations for resolving individual and employer problems with the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS). As mandated by the Homeland Security Act of 2002 § 452, CISOMB is an independent DHS office that reports directly to the DHS Deputy Secretary. The CIS Ombudsman:

Identifies areas in which individuals and employers have problems in dealing with USCIS; and

In closing, he said it was obvious that there would probably be a teleconference focused on USCIS :dance:exceeding their processing times. He said he just came back from Los Angeles and got an earful there and that USCIS has been breaking a lot of processing timelines.

In the beginning of the teleconference, he did give us his office phone number for I believe his secretary. It is (202) 357-8100.

So, in a nutshell, things are still very gloomy for us considering USCIS is focusing so many resources on so many other areas. As US Wendy said, we need to keep writing and keep voicing our opinions on how the service is unacceptable and negatively affecting our lives (US citizens) in so many ways. Please chime in if you were in on the call and want to further elaborate on anything I pointed out or missed. Good luck to everyone.

:thumbs: Very informative as usual. Thanks for your efforts. I am actually hoping that the NOA2s we've gotten (CONGRATS :dance::dance::dance: ) means at least one adjudicator is back on our cases - fingers crossed!

Petition sent priority mail 6/4/07

Received by VSC 6/6/07

Touched 6/13/07

um ... hello?

Touched 12/20/07, after change of address

approx. 1/3/08 - starting to wish VSC staff acquire untreatable stinkfoot

1/17/08 Ombudsman filed formal inquiry.

Touched 2/3 ... wow that was fast, only 8 months to get around to us

Approved 2/20 NOA2

Case arrived Manila USE 3/4

Interview scheduled April 22!

Medical 4/14

Approved!! Interview on 4/22 - just one question!

Visa in hand May 10, whew!

Tickets for poe may 24

Married july 2008

2 year resident w/o interview 2/09 (no more hiding in the basement jokes)

kid 1,Bradley, 10/2009

10 year resident 2/2011 w/o interview

kid 2, Jeffrey, 8/2012

Timeline
I REALLY, REALLY wish that Mirla, Byron and Soch would get their approvals too.

Thanks for your wishes Julezabelle!!! :D

Our time will come soon...

THANKS, JULEZABELLE. THIS IS BS!!! CHRISTMAS IS RUINED! WHATS NEXT, EASTER!

I understand how you feel julezabelle. I feel the same. I really had plans to spend Christmas with my fiancee in the US. It just drives me to do more of what little I can to try to make a difference. Hard to believe with all the complaints that USCIS is getting from all angles, their October Newsletter that came out today does not even address anything except the same old thing -- receipting -- and I didn't see anything new in that area either. In case anyone's cares, their newsletter is here:

http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis/men...00045f3d6a1RCRD

It doesn't seem like an agency focused on their customers as their Strategic Plan states. Anyway, I am preaching to the choir in this thread...

Edited by Bill B

B)-->

Hello all:

6. The ombudsman said USCIS uses the Received Date and not the Notice Date to prioritize their work. Are you listening VJ? Why are you collecting the notice date on timelines?

Great report Bill. Thanks!

My Timeline:

7/27/07 VSC rcvd I-129F--8/7/07 NOA1 issued--12/12/07 NOA2 issued--12/27/07 Pkg 3 returned--2/29/08 Interview & Approval--4/1/08 POE--6/27/08 Married--6/27/08-6/5/09 Trying to figure out how to make this work--6/11/09 Submitted AOS forms--6/19/09 NOA's issued--7/21 Biometrics--7/27 Rcvd 2 of 3 Interview appt letters for 8/24--8/3 Rcvd 3rd interview appt letter for 8/28--8/5 Used infopass appt to consolidate interviews on 8/28--8/6/09 Rcvd email notification of AP & EAD approvals--8/11&12 Rcvd AP's in mail--8/14 Rcvd 1st EAD card in mail.--8/23/11 Mailed ROC Pkg.--8/24/11 NOA--10/5/11 Biometrics

Red Flags Learn what to try to avoid or prepare to discuss and explain during interview.

HUSKERKIEV Thread Great insider tips from a former adjudicator at the Nebraska Service Center.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Albania
Timeline

B)-->

Hello all:

In closing, he said it was obvious that there would probably be a teleconference focused on USCIS exceeding their processing times. He said he just came back from Los Angeles and got an earful there and that USCIS has been breaking a lot of processing timelines.

Yes, yes....GREAT Bill!!!! Excellent synopsis of what happened today. Thank you.

NOA 2: 04-02-2008-->SECOND Petition approved

07-31-08- Entered the U.S.

09-17-08- Married

10-29-08: File AOS, EAD, AP

01-15-09: EAD Approved

02-26-09: Biometrics Appt.

03-07-09: EAD card received via mail

03-20-09: AOS approved

03-28-09: Greencard arrives via mail

Here is USCIS's October newsletter and if you are looking for a job with USCIS in Saint Albans, here are the current openings. It looks like they are hoping to hire one attorney, one manager and one adjudicator. I was hoping to see them advertising to fill a lot more vacancies than that.

Whoops. Looks like Bill beat me to the punch with the newletter. That boy is a hustler! :thumbs:

Edited by Bill y Bella

My Timeline:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

"Yeah you are right. I don't know what I was thinking of. It is ridiculous to think of putting a dress on a mule. Everyone knows that is what sheep are for. "

Laughing out VERY loud! I'm glad to have an amusing distraction from the wedding planning...

Even if it is 2.30am and I should be in bed...

Edited by lisalu100

Lisa and Marty

First date - 12 January 2005

Engaged - 12 January 2007

Sent I-129F to VSC - 23 July 2007

NOA1 - 1 August 2007

RFE 22 Dec 07 - Marty forgot to tick the box saying he had no prior convictions. He ticked the box, and sent it back the same day.

NOA2 18th January 2008!!! Woohoo!!!

Packet 3 received - Feb 7th 2008

Packet 3 returned - Feb 8th 2008

Medical scheduled - Feb 25th 2008 (I could have had it sooner, but I needed time to chase down my immunisation records).

Interview - March 10th 2008 Approved!!!

Received passport with K1 visa - March 12th 2008

POE JFK - April 12th 2008

May 31st - Got married!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

Dont get the hopes up to fast folks...just because the 485's are done means they are going on to the "second priority". Check out the USCIS website.

"Q : Is USCIS prioritizing certain application(s) during the receipting process?

Yes. The Application to Adjust Status (I-485) will have first priority because USCIS needs to ensure that these applications are receipted in a timeframe that would allow processing of an application for an Employment Authorization Document (EAD) within 90 days of filing as mandated by law [8 CFR 247a.13(d)]. Our second priority will be to receipt the Application for Naturalization (N-400) so that we can minimize any delays in obtaining citizenship."

As you can see...the Application for Naturaization will be the second focus. Why? So there are no delays in obtaining citizenship???? And being delayed in citizinship is worse than delaying our loved ones why?????? Im at a loss here..someone justify this one for me.

Keep the pressure on. Together we CAN make a difference

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.