bszoom42

Waiting for a NOA2 from VSC for your I-129F?

6,683 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: England
Timeline

Well, tomorrow is the beginning of a new week.

This is going to be THE week. I can feel it :D

Our K1 Journey

November 5th 2005 - ♥ Tash & Chris met ♥

June 11th 2007 - We posted the I129F :D

June 19th 2007 - USCIS received date

June 22nd 2007 - NOA1 received

November 16th 2007 - NOA2 - 156 days from filing

November 24th 2007 - Hard copy of NOA2 received

December 15th 2007 - Packet 3 received

January 18th 2008 - Packet 3 returned

February 13th 2008 - Packet 4 received

March 4th 2008 - Medical @ 1.00pm

March 5th 2008 - INTERVIEW @ 10.00am - APPROVED!!

March 11th 2008 - Visa received!

April 30th 2008 - Flying home at last!!!!! (POE: Dulles - Washington DC)

July 12th 2008 - Wedding date!

Now for AOS!

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: France
Timeline

Hello!

This is the month well expected.

I have a question: if they hire people to instruct files in VSC, maybe they have also to hire people for NVC.

The problem will be the same according to me, we will have our NOA2, but NVC will have too much files to instruct.

Keep faith

Filed: Country: Portugal
Timeline

WARNING: Tomorrow is a federal holiday. So, don't expect anything tomorrow, because I am sure that these employees take their holidays and don't give a rats-### about us waiting.

:D

NOA1 - May 18th

NOA2 - October 18th

NVC Received - Oct. 22

Packet 3 Received - Nov. 9

Interview - Nov. 27 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Interview Delayed until December 6th

K1 in hand - December 6th!!!!!!!!!!

Arrived in the U.S. - December 12th!

MARRIED December 17th!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

well, USCIS said there'd be overtime...

061017001as.thumb.jpg

The Very Secret Diary of Legolas Son of Weenus - by Cassandra Claire

Day One: Went to Council of Elrond. Was prettiest person there. Agreed to follow some tiny little man to Mordor to throw ring into volcano. Very important mission - gold ring so tacky.

Day Six: Far too dark in Mines of Moria to brush hair properly. Am very afraid I am developing a tangle.

Orcs so silly.

Still the prettiest.

Day 35: Boromir dead. Very messy death, most unnecessary. Did get kissed by Aragorn as he expired. Does a guy have to get shot full of arrows around here to get any action? Boromir definitely not prettier than me. Cannot understand it. Am feeling a pout coming on.

Frodo off to Mordor with Sam. Tiny little men caring about each other, rather cute really.

Am quite sure Gimli fancies me. So unfair. He is waist height, so can see advantages there, but chunky braids and big helmet most off-putting. Foresee dark times ahead, very dark times.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

WARNING: Tomorrow is a federal holiday. So, don't expect anything tomorrow, because I am sure that these employees take their holidays and don't give a rats-### about us waiting.

:D

In addition, they will have to recuperate from their long weekend. :angry:

Timeline

*sigh*

I GET the frustration, completely, but I DON'T get why it's so often funnelled in the direction of the 'no good adjudicators'... surely we must all know that the problems are much higher up; the adjudicators do what they're told by supervisors, and have been told to prioritise other petitions... yes, it's #######, but why all this outpouring of blame and hatred towards people who are almost certainly not even remotely to blame for our worries, and are probably working their arses off, quite possibly on a public holiday?

the above is not directed at you, afterforever; I'm just generally sick of it

it's possible to vent without propagating untruths, and I for one would like to see us all attempt it :thumbs:

061017001as.thumb.jpg

Day One: Went to Council of Elrond. Was prettiest person there. Agreed to follow some tiny little man to Mordor to throw ring into volcano. Very important mission - gold ring so tacky.

Day Six: Far too dark in Mines of Moria to brush hair properly. Am very afraid I am developing a tangle.

Orcs so silly.

Still the prettiest.

Day 35: Boromir dead. Very messy death, most unnecessary. Did get kissed by Aragorn as he expired. Does a guy have to get shot full of arrows around here to get any action? Boromir definitely not prettier than me. Cannot understand it. Am feeling a pout coming on.

Frodo off to Mordor with Sam. Tiny little men caring about each other, rather cute really.

Am quite sure Gimli fancies me. So unfair. He is waist height, so can see advantages there, but chunky braids and big helmet most off-putting. Foresee dark times ahead, very dark times.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: England
Timeline

I still stand by my word:

If I think about any of the above things I will probably cry. I think I and everyone else have probably done far too much of the being sad thing. So I myself am staying hopeful.

Our K1 Journey

November 5th 2005 - ♥ Tash & Chris met ♥

June 11th 2007 - We posted the I129F :D

June 19th 2007 - USCIS received date

June 22nd 2007 - NOA1 received

November 16th 2007 - NOA2 - 156 days from filing

November 24th 2007 - Hard copy of NOA2 received

December 15th 2007 - Packet 3 received

January 18th 2008 - Packet 3 returned

February 13th 2008 - Packet 4 received

March 4th 2008 - Medical @ 1.00pm

March 5th 2008 - INTERVIEW @ 10.00am - APPROVED!!

March 11th 2008 - Visa received!

April 30th 2008 - Flying home at last!!!!! (POE: Dulles - Washington DC)

July 12th 2008 - Wedding date!

Now for AOS!

Timeline
*sigh*

I GET the frustration, completely, but I DON'T get why it's so often funnelled in the direction of the 'no good adjudicators'... surely we must all know that the problems are much higher up; the adjudicators do what they're told by supervisors, and have been told to prioritise other petitions... yes, it's #######, but why all this outpouring of blame and hatred towards people who are almost certainly not even remotely to blame for our worries, and are probably working their arses off, quite possibly on a public holiday?

the above is not directed at you, afterforever; I'm just generally sick of it

it's possible to vent without propagating untruths, and I for one would like to see us all attempt it :thumbs:

No offense taken StillThePrettiest. Just so you know, I worked for government agencies for 20 years and know first hand what goes on before and after hoidays. I have no hatred or hostility towards anyone at USCIS. I am just expressing a fact based on what I have seen. Sorry if that upset you.

Timeline

not upset, exactly (and thank you for taking the comments as not-personal, as they were intended :) )

I just think it's counter-productive, to keep going with this myth that it's all down to these lazy-####### adjudicators who are having holidays and time off after their time off and so on... it starts as a joke, but then goes on and on, and ends up just silly, IMHO

and I'm sure many Government departments are lazy (as are many non-Government ones), but I simply cannot see how they're not all cracking whips at the service centres; from all reports they have never been as inundated

anyway

I have no particular reason to defend the service centre workers, I just have a preference for gripes to be the real ones, rather than made-up ones ;)

061017001as.thumb.jpg

Orcs so silly.

Still the prettiest.

Timeline
not upset, exactly (and thank you for taking the comments as not-personal, as they were intended :) )

I just think it's counter-productive, to keep going with this myth that it's all down to these lazy-####### adjudicators who are having holidays and time off after their time off and so on... it starts as a joke, but then goes on and on, and ends up just silly, IMHO

and I'm sure many Government departments are lazy (as are many non-Government ones), but I simply cannot see how they're not all cracking whips at the service centres; from all reports they have never been as inundated

anyway

I have no particular reason to defend the service centre workers, I just have a preference for gripes to be the real ones, rather than made-up ones ;)

Edited by afterforever

Timeline

anyway

Unfortunately, as I stated before, I have seen what goes on before and after holidays. Believe me, what I stated is not myth but reality. With that said, you are right that not ALL adjudicators are lazy. Again, no offense taken. Good luck!

Edited by afterforever

Timeline

It's called trying to make light of the subject. I do it often. Pretty sure I will continue to do it too. :whistle:

3dflags_usa0001-0003a.gif3dflags_tha0001-0003a.gif

I-129F

Petition mailed to Nebraska Service Center 06/04/2007

Petition received by CSC 06/19/2007...NOA1

I love my Siamese kitten...

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
It is like this on the weekends...weekdays...hope, hope, hope, and then nothing from VSC...weekends...frustration thinking back over another week of not 1 NOA2 approval from VSC. Additionally I totally understand afterforever's anger because his timeframe for NOA1 is similar to mine. End of May. As each week goes by, then each month goes by following your NOA1, you get more depressed and angry...totally understandable. VSC worked their way up to about mid-May over a month ago or so and then almost came to a total stoppage for us, just when we thought we were finally going to get ours. Since September 1st, only 8 NOA2's from VSC and none since September 27th. Compound that with the increased fees, closing of Nebraska and Texas SCs for petitioners like us, USCIS focus to refugees - 1000 per month, shorter time frames for many other types of VISAs, not offering us preferred processing, going from a less than 30-day NOA2 turnaround time in Mar/Apr to what we have now. All these things and more give us all a lot to be angry about, especially those of us with NOA1s in May and earlier and have waited so long. The longer you wait, the more you will become frustrated. Afterall their inaction for us is causing us to be without the one we love for a longer period of time. It is also more difficult for some petitioners who have fiancees in countries where it is nearly impossible to get a tourist VISA and come here to visit during this process. I wish my fiancee's country was on the Visa Waiver Program list of 27 countries approved for visiting the US for up to 90 days with no VISA. If she was, I would have brought her here for 90 days of this and maybe more. Each of us have different backgrounds and current support structures with many friends and family members to provide and some with nobody near by to offer support. I appreciate sharing this time in my life with each of you and wish you all the best to be with your loved one as soon as possible. God Bless. Edited by Bill B

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ghana
Timeline
Question while I am gathering the info on attorneys.

How many attorneys do we want? Are we looking at all over the US, in certain parts, high profile?

Anything to help me narrow it down would be appreciated :)

So I was compiling the addresses for attorneys but it seems kind of pointless since they are all available online via the AILA website. Do we want to just focus on a few?

Mama to 2 beautiful boys (August 2011 and January 2015)

Click for full timeline

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
Yes, it starts October 1st, but the article is not clear on when the St Albans new employees will be in place and working. It does mention "the current Burlington staff consists of six federal employees and 34 contractors. That will increase to 25 additional federal workers and 15 new contractors in the Burlington area. Those new employees are expected to start by December." I expect it will be around the same time. If it works like the military and federal civil service I am familiar with this means the authorizations are in place at St Alban's VSC October 1, but the actual allocations and warm, trained bodies could be a while after that...similar to the December timeframe they reference for Burlington.

I suspect you are correct. Which means the only short term solution is an adjustment in how they prioritize petitions for processing. Who makes that decision? USCIS or congress? Does anyone know? I get the feeling it is a combination of the two.

If congress set them for K visas it would be law, not a guideline. A couple types of visa have a time limit by law though.

Back to Hershey's :thumbs: :

1) Ok we send them to P. Novak. How about P. Novak, adjudicators and staff? We want to stay under the gift limit to one person remember. And we want the staff to get some and think of us also.

2) I'll check on a special price and call in setup. But I don't know if we'll have enough orders to get them to do this - it may be cheaper for them to grab orders off the shelf even if they include a mug. They don't even offer a 5% discount til orders get over $1000.

3) One message sounds like a good idea. Want to focus on our being lowest priority, I think. I like some of the catchy slogans by Amrssnowangel as a start. Here's another draft:

RAISE THE RATES FOR K VISAS AND ALSO THE WAIT? WORK VISAS BEFORE FAMILY, HOW CAN THIS BE?

PLEASE GIVE US OUR VISAS, BOTH K1 AND K3!

4) Definitely want to organize the press release beforehand. Where's is that info on the web about how to do it? :help:

Petition sent priority mail 6/4/07

Received by VSC 6/6/07

Touched 6/13/07

um ... hello?

Touched 12/20/07, after change of address

approx. 1/3/08 - starting to wish VSC staff acquire untreatable stinkfoot

1/17/08 Ombudsman filed formal inquiry.

Touched 2/3 ... wow that was fast, only 8 months to get around to us

Approved 2/20 NOA2

Case arrived Manila USE 3/4

Interview scheduled April 22!

Medical 4/14

Approved!! Interview on 4/22 - just one question!

Visa in hand May 10, whew!

Tickets for poe may 24

Married july 2008

2 year resident w/o interview 2/09 (no more hiding in the basement jokes)

kid 1,Bradley, 10/2009

10 year resident 2/2011 w/o interview

kid 2, Jeffrey, 8/2012

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.