bszoom42

Waiting for a NOA2 from VSC for your I-129F?

6,683 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Syria
Timeline
I am a comm major, and consider myself to be very good at writing letters, so if ya'll want something good to say, I'm willing to write for all of us, send files, and then you can sign and ship it!

GREAT!! Lets get a letter together for Oprah...Attorneys to start. I'd include a few "personal" stories of how this process affects lives...such as a 10 month wait for visa...or the agony of waiting in the dark. Lets paint a picture of how this affects AMERICANS and their families abroad.

What are the issues we want to include??? Suggestions?? The floor is open for suggestions.

MY concerns are:

1. Lack of inforamtion

2. Inconsistant information

3. Slow Background checks

4. Lack of accountability on USCIS's part

5. Mismanagement of resources within USCIS

6. Lack of a unified process amonst Embassys and Interviews

ANY ONE ELSE??? Lets paint the picture for these people...tell us your stories how this process is affecting YOU personally so these can be possibly incorporated into these letters....

Also, lets set a deadline for this...what is your suggestion..when can you have the letter files ready for downloading for people to send?

Call it a long week or not paying enough attention or whatever you want to call it - i am on the oprah site now and can't seem to find the path to emailing? any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

I too am willing to do whatever needs to be done - i m not looking for sympathy but my mother is struggling with her battle with cancer so on top of not having my fiance with me and not even knowing when he'll be here... i'm dealing with the possibilty of not having my mom either.... so my point is - i'll do whatever i have to - i just need someone to tell me what to do!!! not capable of thinkin on my own ne more!

Im so sorry to hear about your mom...

here is the link:

https://www.oprah.com/plugger/templates/BeO...plugId=B2100004

Thank you!

Email to Oprah - Sent! Whats next??

December 31, 2006 - I call to wish him a Happy New Year (It was 3 am his time)

May 14, 2007 - Fly to Syria with my family to meet

May 18, 2007 - His entire family comes to my house to ask for my hand - I say YES!

June 15, 2007 - We get engaged in the church and have a reception for our families (it's the only "wedding" his family will see)

June 22, 2007 - I come back to the US

June 24-July 27,2008 - lots of research on VJ and work on gathering the papers needed...

July 31, 2007 - I-129F package received by VSC - YAY!!!! I was sooo excited getting the return receipt in the mail - on my way out to look for bridesmaids dresses :) Now all I need is a case number so I can track online - I'm so anxious!!!

August 13, 2007 - NOA1 - YAY!!!

JANUARY 8, 2008 - APPROVED!!!!

May 14, 2008 - he's finally here

June 22, 2008 - "Wedding Bells"

August 7 - Adjustment of Status and EAD sent

August 11 - Dates of both NOA1 for AOS and EAD

and we wait....

September 4, 2008 - Biometrics appt in Phila for both AOS and EAD

Love is what makes you smile when you're tired....

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have uploaded a copy of the letter I have written.

It is modified from the one I have previously sent to some other officials.

Please, download it, edit it as you see fit, and send it off to...anyone!

But please remember, this needs to be kept as professional as possible otherwise it will be summarily ignored.

IMMIGRATION_LETTER.doc

Our Immigration Journey!

I-129F

July 27, 2007 - NOA1 Received!!!!!!!!!

July 28, 2007 - Touch

November 28, 2007 - Touch!?

November 28, 2007 - NOA2 Received!!!!!!!!!!!!

December 5, 2007 - Told by NVC that our case has already been forwarded to London!

December 11, 2007 - Packet 3 mailed out by London!

January 08 - Packet 3 lost in the mail, waiting on a new one...

January 14, 2008 - Packet 3 finally received!

March 3, 2008 - Medical Appointment

April 10, 2008 - VISA INTERVIEW!!!!!! - APPROVED!!!!!

April 15, 2008 - Visa in hand!

May 12, 2008 - POE in the US!!!!

June 21, 2008 - Wedding!!!!!!!

I-485

July 30, 2008 - Filed for AOS

August 8, 2008 - NOA's received! (for 485, 765, 131)

August 27th, 2008 - Biometrics Appointment

September 22nd, 2008 - Case transferred to CSC

October 3rd, 2008 - Case at CSC, Touched, Touched again on 7th

October 20, 2008 - AP and EAD Approved!!!

October 27, 2008 - AP and EAD Received!!!

December 19th, and 21st 2008 - Touched

January 26th, 2009 - RFE...

February 27th, 2009 - NOTICE MAILED WELCOMING NEW PERMANENT RESIDENT!!

March 6, 2009 - GREEN CARD RECEIVED!!! LPR STATUS NOW OFFICIAL!!!

Anything we can do to help? We are in California right now but leaving to Europe in a month so don´t have much time. But could give the flyers to people or something...? Some other idea?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Peru
Timeline
Anything we can do to help? We are in California right now but leaving to Europe in a month so don´t have much time. But could give the flyers to people or something...? Some other idea?

If there's something I could do from Peru, I'll do it!!! Count me in!!!

Hey guys, I have a question...

Next tuesday is may 9th....so that means that I'm officially at 5 months...What should I do in case (GOD FORBID) I don't hear anything from VSC by tuesday? Should I tell Pat to contact his congressman??? It's just that the closer I get to the six months, the more scare I get....you know....There's no freakin way I can be here at the end of november, Pat's b-day!!! So God, I just need a enormous miracle!!!!!!!!!!!! Please!!!!!

What do you guys think? Should we contact his congressman? :unsure:

"Imagination is everything. It is the preview of life's coming attractions." Albert Einstein.

05/09/07 --- NOA1

05/15/07 --- Touched

10/24/07 --- Case assigned!

10/31/07 --- Touched

11/01/07 --- RFE

11/02/07 --- Touched

11/05/07 --- Got RFE on the mail

11/09/07 --- RFE sent back to VSC

12/06/07 --- Waited enough time to RESEND our RFE

12/07/07 --- RFE received at VSC and signed by Novak....

12/10/07 --- Case received and resumed

12/11/07 --- Touched

12/12/07 --- Touched

12/13/07 --- Touched

12/14/07 --- Touched

01/02/08 --- Touched

01/02/08 --- APPROVED!!!!!!

01/11/08 --- Got NOA2 on the mail

01/12/08 --- Got NVC letter on the mail

01/17/08 --- Got packet 3

01/28/08 --- Medical

02/05/08 --- INTERVIEW!!!!

02/10/08 --- Off to NY!!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
I am a comm major, and consider myself to be very good at writing letters, so if ya'll want something good to say, I'm willing to write for all of us, send files, and then you can sign and ship it!

GREAT!! Lets get a letter together for Oprah...Attorneys to start. I'd include a few "personal" stories of how this process affects lives...such as a 10 month wait for visa...or the agony of waiting in the dark. Lets paint a picture of how this affects AMERICANS and their families abroad.

What are the issues we want to include??? Suggestions?? The floor is open for suggestions.

MY concerns are:

1. Lack of inforamtion

2. Inconsistant information

3. Slow Background checks

4. Lack of accountability on USCIS's part

5. Mismanagement of resources within USCIS

6. Lack of a unified process amonst Embassys and Interviews

ANY ONE ELSE??? Lets paint the picture for these people...tell us your stories how this process is affecting YOU personally so these can be possibly incorporated into these letters....

Also, lets set a deadline for this...what is your suggestion..when can you have the letter files ready for downloading for people to send?

Glad to see you all are fully engaged to make a difference. I would add the unfair and unreasonable 6 month goal the USCIS service centers have for processing a K1/K3 Visa to the NVC. Six months is rediculus when we pay the fees we do. they give other VISAs a higher priority such as Work VISAs, and they offer premium 15-day processing for other VISA applications, but not ours. As someone else said, this deals with US citizens and our loved ones. It is important to note that the 6 month period is just one part of the entire process. Thanks all.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

I can't believe i stayed away from VJ all day thinking , hey maybe iwill come to some approvals..at least one..and NOTHING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is a joke!!!!! What a F'd up system.....i wouldnt wish it on anyone to have to be separated from the one he or she loves...maybe if they knew what it feels like they would understand...but obviously the tax dollars created by new workers is "priority"

Im so sick of this BS.

2/17/07-Met in Bogota

4/20/07-returned to Bogota to see her

5/18/07-sent out I129f

5/19/07-returned to Bogota to see her

5/21/07-received at VCS

5/28/07-Received NOA1

5/30/07-touch

7/4/07-returned to see her

10/17/07-Met Leidy in Panama for 5 days

10/26/07-RFE

10/27/07-Sent back RFE

10/29/07-Touch due to RFE arriving

10/30/07-Touch

10/31/07-Touch

11/15/07-NOA2 Sent!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

11/16/07-Touch

11/19/07-NVC Received

11/21/07-Left NVC for Consulate

11/22/07-Returned to see Leidy after her stay in the hospital..

11/23/07-Consualte received

11/26/07-Packet 3 sent to Leidy

12/04/07-Packet 3 received

12/04/07-Packet 3 sent

12/31/07-Interview date!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! APPROVED!!!!!!!!!!!

1/9/08- Leidy's overnight flight will arrive to JFK airport!!!!!!

I also find it interesting that the current administration in the white house touts "family" constantly, and they are doing everything EXCEPT helping the American family wrt immigration and getting our loved ones here with us. Every time you heard anything about the immy problem with the Southern borders always included something about people scampering back and forth across the border because they are tying to see their family or take money to thier family, etc. "You cant deport all those people, they have families here!" was a common phrase I heard.

Since when are foriegn nationals with only economic ties to the US more important to the government than US citizens.

I think its high time the administration understood that AMERICAN FAMILIES SHOULD COME FIRST WHERE THE AMERICAN GOVERNMENT IS CONCERNED! NOT WORKERS!!!!!

Count me in on all.

Edited by Bobalouie

--- AOS Timeline ---

07/22/08 --- Mailed AOS packet to Chicago

07/25/08 --- NOA for I-131, I-485, and I-765

08/27/08 --- Biometrics

10/01/08 --- AP received

10/14/08 --- EAD received

11/13/08 --- Notice of transfer to CSC

02/09/09 --- Permanent Resident Card Ordered Notice

02/09/09 --- 2 Yr Permanent Resident Card Received

--- Lifting Conditions ---

11/10/10 --- Mailed I-751 packet to VSC

11/12/10 --- NOA1

12/22/10 --- Biometrics

03/15/11 --- RFE

05/10/11 --- Approved

Timeline

If there's something I could do from Peru, I'll do it!!! Count me in!!!

Hey guys, I have a question...

Next tuesday is may 9th....so that means that I'm officially at 5 months...What should I do in case (GOD FORBID) I don't hear anything from VSC by tuesday? Should I tell Pat to contact his congressman??? It's just that the closer I get to the six months, the more scare I get....you know....There's no freakin way I can be here at the end of november, Pat's b-day!!! So God, I just need a enormous miracle!!!!!!!!!!!! Please!!!!!

What do you guys think? Should we contact his congressman? :unsure:

Mirla,

The more elected officials contacted the better. Is he in California? It would be ideal if he fell under California's 16th Congressional District and Representative Zoe Lofgren, the California Democrat who is chairwoman of the Subcommittee on Immigration, Citizenship, Refugees, Border Security and International Law. Her web address is http://lofgren.house.gov/ but she seemingly only wants feedback from her constituents.

The important thing when writing all these folks is not to leave USCIS with the easy way out—basically telling your point of contact that they are within their 6 month goal. A major part of your writing should focus on the unreasonableness of the 6 month period they are using as a goal when just in March/April they were processing these applications within 30 days…and that was before the fee increases. You also need to focus on the audacity of USCIS to place a higher priority on Work VISAs and refugees, while also not offering us premium 15-day service as is offered for some other VISAs.

Good luck. I would not wait or the next thing you may see on the USCIS web site processing centers is an 8 month goal, and then a 10 month, etc.

Edited by Bill B

Timeline
I also find it interesting that the current administration in the white house touts "family" constantly, and they are doing everything EXCEPT helping the American family wrt immigration and getting our loved ones here with us. Every time you heard anything about the immy problem with the Southern borders always included something about people scampering back and forth across the border because they are tying to see their family or take money to thier family, etc. "You cant deport all those people, they have families here!" was a common phrase I heard.

Since when are foriegn nationals with only economic ties to the US more important to the government than US citizens.

I think its high time the administration understood that AMERICAN FAMILIES SHOULD COME FIRST WHERE THE AMERICAN GOVERNMENT IS CONCERNED! NOT WORKERS!!!!!

Count me in on all.

Thanks for signing up Bobalouie! To all: Don't lose the momentum of this effort. If we get thrown a bone and they approve one or two tomorrow, we still need to keep the momentum going. Heck, it could be like last time...gave us one on Sep 27 and we thought they were back on us and then nothing again for a week. And if you look at the numbers the last couple months with last month only being 8 from the VSC, it could take years for some to get their NOA2's.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Peru
Timeline

Thanks for your help Bill....he's in New York...

"Imagination is everything. It is the preview of life's coming attractions." Albert Einstein.

05/09/07 --- NOA1

05/15/07 --- Touched

10/24/07 --- Case assigned!

10/31/07 --- Touched

11/01/07 --- RFE

11/02/07 --- Touched

11/05/07 --- Got RFE on the mail

11/09/07 --- RFE sent back to VSC

12/06/07 --- Waited enough time to RESEND our RFE

12/07/07 --- RFE received at VSC and signed by Novak....

12/10/07 --- Case received and resumed

12/11/07 --- Touched

12/12/07 --- Touched

12/13/07 --- Touched

12/14/07 --- Touched

01/02/08 --- Touched

01/02/08 --- APPROVED!!!!!!

01/11/08 --- Got NOA2 on the mail

01/12/08 --- Got NVC letter on the mail

01/17/08 --- Got packet 3

01/28/08 --- Medical

02/05/08 --- INTERVIEW!!!!

02/10/08 --- Off to NY!!!!

Timeline

But please remember, this needs to be kept as professional as possible otherwise it will be summarily ignored.

Nice draft thejoz! I will look at it closer tomorrow. As I said in another post tonight we need to focus a lot on the unreasonableness of the 6 month standard or USCIS will have an easy out. Thank you.

Quote from my other post: The important thing when writing all these folks is not to leave USCIS with the easy way out—basically telling your point of contact that they are within their 6 month goal. A major part of your writing should focus on the unreasonableness of the 6 month period they are using as a goal when just in March/April they were processing these applications within 30 days…and that was before the fee increases. You also need to focus on the audacity of USCIS to place a higher priority on Work VISAs and refugees, while also not offering us premium 15-day service as is offered for some other VISAs.

Edited by Bill B

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

B)-->

QUOTE(Bill B @ Oct 4 2007, 11:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Nice draft thejoz! I will look at it closer tomorrow. As I said in another post tonight we need to focus a lot on the unreasonableness of the 6 month standard or USCIS will have an easy out. Thank you.

I would also like to add that besides 6 months being unreasonable....i think being so blind and not informed as to where we stand i horrendous...if they absolutey had to keep updates on a regular basis of the status of petitions, not even individual petitions but petitions by category, the processing time would drop also!

2/17/07-Met in Bogota

4/20/07-returned to Bogota to see her

5/18/07-sent out I129f

5/19/07-returned to Bogota to see her

5/21/07-received at VCS

5/28/07-Received NOA1

5/30/07-touch

7/4/07-returned to see her

10/17/07-Met Leidy in Panama for 5 days

10/26/07-RFE

10/27/07-Sent back RFE

10/29/07-Touch due to RFE arriving

10/30/07-Touch

10/31/07-Touch

11/15/07-NOA2 Sent!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

11/16/07-Touch

11/19/07-NVC Received

11/21/07-Left NVC for Consulate

11/22/07-Returned to see Leidy after her stay in the hospital..

11/23/07-Consualte received

11/26/07-Packet 3 sent to Leidy

12/04/07-Packet 3 received

12/04/07-Packet 3 sent

12/31/07-Interview date!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! APPROVED!!!!!!!!!!!

1/9/08- Leidy's overnight flight will arrive to JFK airport!!!!!!

Timeline
name='StillThePrettiest' post='1236014' date='Oct 4 2007, 04:58 PM']however, note that 'outcry' (admittedly from lawyers ;) ) got some action...

The outcry from those people included the flowers to uscis which did get media attention.

I still think we, or if I have to I alone, could cause a stir if we sent some chocolates as was suggested earlier. We could do a press release and say "US citizens with own immigration issue do flowers one better" or something.

I'm seriously considering a case of hershey's kisses (get the theme) to VSC. Maybe they'll think of us while they are eating and give us a little consideration? :)

Guess I'm going it alone, I'll say they are from all of us :)

Virgillionaire,

I will pitch in to help you pay for them. Just send me your info in a private email and I will send you some money.

You know, I'm going to sound unpopular, but if numbers alone demanded a 6 month waiting period, it wouldn't bother me.

What bothers me is how right before we even sent our petition, VSC was still seen as cranking out NOA2's as fast as 30 days, or maybe 45.

The fact that it has gone from 30 to like, 120, if not 150 or 180, in the span of only a couple months is ridiculous.

And on top of that, they are being so opaque about what is really going on.

If the timeframe had always been 6 months being the standard, cool, whatever.

1 month, 4 months, 6 months, whatever.

I just want to know what the hell is going on. And clearly, we aren't getting even that.

Our Immigration Journey!

I-129F

July 27, 2007 - NOA1 Received!!!!!!!!!

July 28, 2007 - Touch

November 28, 2007 - Touch!?

November 28, 2007 - NOA2 Received!!!!!!!!!!!!

December 5, 2007 - Told by NVC that our case has already been forwarded to London!

December 11, 2007 - Packet 3 mailed out by London!

January 08 - Packet 3 lost in the mail, waiting on a new one...

January 14, 2008 - Packet 3 finally received!

March 3, 2008 - Medical Appointment

April 10, 2008 - VISA INTERVIEW!!!!!! - APPROVED!!!!!

April 15, 2008 - Visa in hand!

May 12, 2008 - POE in the US!!!!

June 21, 2008 - Wedding!!!!!!!

I-485

July 30, 2008 - Filed for AOS

August 8, 2008 - NOA's received! (for 485, 765, 131)

August 27th, 2008 - Biometrics Appointment

September 22nd, 2008 - Case transferred to CSC

October 3rd, 2008 - Case at CSC, Touched, Touched again on 7th

October 20, 2008 - AP and EAD Approved!!!

October 27, 2008 - AP and EAD Received!!!

December 19th, and 21st 2008 - Touched

January 26th, 2009 - RFE...

February 27th, 2009 - NOTICE MAILED WELCOMING NEW PERMANENT RESIDENT!!

March 6, 2009 - GREEN CARD RECEIVED!!! LPR STATUS NOW OFFICIAL!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

Excellent letter..very well worded...

now can we have one showing more of the human toll this has for Oprah??? Remember we aren't jujst stoping with government officials...some of us have sent letters/emails to them recently and now we are moving forward in our task to bring attention to our issues.

Also, well done adding in about the additional time for the remainder of the process. :thumbs:

We need a letter for Oprah that is heartfelt, emotionally charged and shows how this affects us. Like Byron not able to be with his girl while going through the tortures of a miscarriage...or the husband wife seperate for years trying to just be united as a family....

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.