Jebee

N400 interview done and was given Form N-652

19 posts in this topic

Hi, does anybody here had similar case with mine...I had my interview done yesterday for my N400 and everything went well. Officer gave me a form N-652 with a boxes marked as follows : (1ST)You passed the English test and the US history and government test. (2ND) uscis will send you a written decision about your application. (3rd) A decision cannot be made yet about your application. 

The reason why he cannot made an decision yet because he has to review my ROC pending that CSC forwarded it to my local field office. I am wondering how long it would take for them to decide or approve my ROC and send me an oath?  Thank you.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline
1 hour ago, Jebee said:

Hi, does anybody here had similar case with mine...I had my interview done yesterday for my N400 and everything went well. Officer gave me a form N-652 with a boxes marked as follows : (1ST)You passed the English test and the US history and government test. (2ND) uscis will send you a written decision about your application. (3rd) A decision cannot be made yet about your application. 

The reason why he cannot made an decision yet because he has to review my ROC pending that CSC forwarded it to my local field office. I am wondering how long it would take for them to decide or approve my ROC and send me an oath?  Thank you.

When did you file your N400? Denver field office, correct?

1 minute ago, coloradoman said:

When did you file your N400? Denver field office, correct?

Oct. 23rd 2017. My ROC was Last week of Oct. 2016. Yes Denver

Timeline
1 minute ago, Jebee said:

Oct. 23rd 2017. My ROC was Last week of Oct. 2016. Yes Denver

Wow and you got your interview so soon?? I thought it takes 8-10 months to get an interview in Denver. 5 or 3 year rule, and paper or online filing? I'm assuming 3 since your ROC is not done yet.

I filed online 10 days ago, also Denver field office, and had my biometrics done yesterday. I though I could hibernate for almost a year now but yours seems to have gone the express route

5 minutes ago, coloradoman said:

Wow and you got your interview so soon?? I thought it takes 8-10 months to get an interview in Denver. 5 or 3 year rule, and paper or online filing? I'm assuming 3 since your ROC is not done yet.

I filed online 10 days ago, also Denver field office, and had my biometrics done yesterday. I though I could hibernate for almost a year now but yours seems to have gone the express route

That's correct i filed under 3 year rule and I sent my application through USPS. I did my biometrics on 11/16/2017 and they scheduled me for an interview 01/10/2018. Anyway, I hope you'll get your interview soon. Best of luck.

Timeline
Just now, Jebee said:

That's correct i filed under 3 year rule and I sent my application through USPS. I did my biometrics on 11/16/2017 and they scheduled me for an interview 01/10/2018. Anyway, I hope you'll get your interview soon. Best of luck.

Thanks. I actually have plenty of time since I want to retain my German citizenship and need authorization first. It's supposed to come in within 3 months from now, which would be soon enough even if I had an expedited timeline like yours. I just can't take the oath without having that piece of paper in hand.

I'm sure they'll schedule you for the oath soon and rule on your ROC at the same time (they have to!). I believe Denver has monthly oaths so they'll probably get everything in order and schedule you for the next one.

Let us know what happens!

My status online still says estimated completion is December 2018 by the way. It never change form the date they received it.

5 minutes ago, coloradoman said:

Thanks. I actually have plenty of time since I want to retain my German citizenship and need authorization first. It's supposed to come in within 3 months from now, which would be soon enough even if I had an expedited timeline like yours. I just can't take the oath without having that piece of paper in hand.

I'm sure they'll schedule you for the oath soon and rule on your ROC at the same time (they have to!). I believe Denver has monthly oaths so they'll probably get everything in order and schedule you for the next one.

Let us know what happens!

I sure do. Thank you! Good luck on yours too. I'm just gonna wait.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

*** Thread is moved from the US Citizenship main forum to the Case Progress subforum. ***

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

@coloradoman I finally got a new update.

Oath Ceremony Will Be Scheduled

We placed you in line for your oath ceremony and will send you a notice for Receipt Number IOExxxxxxxx, with the date, time, and location of your oath ceremony. You should receive your notice within 30 days of its mailing date. Please follow the instructions in the notice. If you move, go to www.uscis.gov/addresschange to give us your new mailing address.

40 minutes ago, Jebee said:

We placed you in line for your oath ceremony and will send you a notice for Receipt Number IOExxxxxxxx, with the date, time, and location of your oath ceremony. You should receive your notice within 30 days of its mailing date. Please follow the instructions in the notice. If you move, go to www.uscis.gov/addresschange to give us your new mailing address.

Congrats!

Timeline
3 hours ago, Jebee said:

Nice! Who needs ROC if the N400 goes through that expeditiously!! I’m getting a little scared now about my own timeline (this is moving WAY too fast for me), but I am definitely happy for you. Let us know what date your oath is scheduled for, once you get it 

Edited by coloradoman

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/20/2018 at 7:12 PM, coloradoman said:

Nice! Who needs ROC if the N400 goes through that expeditiously!! I’m getting a little scared now about my own timeline (this is moving WAY too fast for me), but I am definitely happy for you. Let us know what date your oath is scheduled for, once you get it 

Just an update: My Oath Ceremony will be on March 20th 2018....

10/23/2017- sent to Phoenix, AZ lockbox via USPS
10/26/2017- NOA 1 with IOExxxx receipt number
10/28/2017- Biometric scheduled (online status)
11/16/2017- Biometric done at ASC
01/10/2018- online status updated - Interview has been scheduled
02/14/2018- Interview (passed) but decision cannot be made because of pending ROC. Officer has to review it first before he will approved my n400. 
02/20/2018- online status updated- We placed you in line for youth ceremony and will send you a notice. .......
03/02/2018- Oath letter mailed

03/20/2018- Oath Ceremony

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.