6 posts in this topic

Evening all,
I need to vent a sec then get some sound advice and/or suggestions. :jest:
I feel I am a very patient person and so is my fiancé. We both are Christians and I have faith that things will work in our favor. BUT, it's been over 190+ days since I filed our I-129F K1 petition. I wasn't worried now we both are getting concerned. I even tried using the tracking app but it just made me more concerned because most of the I129F for May 22, 2017 are completed and there are tons of I130 for the same date. I don't know if was reading it wrong but what I did was try to analyze by the last 4 numbers of our receipt and look for May 22 and May 24th dates.
I did review all but was just trying to get and idea of where USCIS is at as far as the cases.
I front loaded and sent the Affidavit of Support. I called the end if last month and spoke to a rep but they just read the same thing I saw online at that time they were still in April. The rep said next month which would've been November.
I tried doing an inquiry a few days ago online and then on Dec 1st. They system did not process the inquiry and I got a message saying our application is within the current processing time.
I'm traveling abroad this week so I'd like to have some good news to share with my fiancé. 
Is anyone else having a similar issue? I'm I missing something? Any idea? 

Edited by findme
correct word

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Hi there. From memory there are still quite a number of May 22 filers waiting. @Shoegum does scans for May filers and @Naes also does some number crunching. 

Check out the signatures on their posts too, they’re very helpful and informative.

it sounds like you spoke to a Tier 1 rep. Tier 2 reps have a little more info, if you can get past the Tier 1s.

This is the forum for May filers

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/633109-i-129f-may-2017-filers/

Best of luck and I hope you get some news this coming week.

Edited by June2017UK

Filed: K-1 Visa Country:
Timeline

You sent affidavit of support to USCIS? That might be a mistake. They don’t need affidavit of support at the USCIS stage and if you sent more paperwork for them to process, then it’s just gonna add time to your processing time for your petition. 190 days seems to be pretty common nowadays because USCIS is way behind. They don’t really follow any order it seems. There are people waiting 200+. You can call them and inquire but you’re not anything uncommon from what’s beeen going on lately. Call and ask. Some people have been calling their congressmen, but I don’t think anything has gotten anyone anywhere. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

I really feel for my fellow May filers that are yet to get approved, I pray everything works out for y'all too. we are a May 8 filer ,I've just successfully booked my interview. i just have a question for anyone who has an idea about this; the consulate has set me a package in the mail pointing out the things i need to bring to my interview, the i-134 being one of them, and it further stated that

"Affidavit of Support (including tax returns): All applicants are required to have an Affidavit of Support (Form I- 134– http://www.uscis.gov/sites/default/files/files/form/i-134.pdf and an IRS Tax Return). It is required for ALL applicants to demonstrate that the immigrant is not likely to become a public charge while in the United States. A downloaded or scanned photocopy of the Affidavit of Support (I-134) is also acceptable" 

Pls can someone explain if this means that my spouse can fill the i-134, sign it, then scan and send it to me....i copied the text in quote verbatim from the letter i was sent by the consulate...

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Japan
Timeline
5 minutes ago, KimAyo said:

I really feel for my fellow May filers that are yet to get approved, I pray everything works out for y'all too. we are a May 8 filer ,I've just successfully booked my interview. i just have a question for anyone who has an idea about this; the consulate has set me a package in the mail pointing out the things i need to bring to my interview, the i-134 being one of them, and it further stated that

"Affidavit of Support (including tax returns): All applicants are required to have an Affidavit of Support (Form I- 134– http://www.uscis.gov/sites/default/files/files/form/i-134.pdf and an IRS Tax Return). It is required for ALL applicants to demonstrate that the immigrant is not likely to become a public charge while in the United States. A downloaded or scanned photocopy of the Affidavit of Support (I-134) is also acceptable" 

Pls can someone explain if this means that my spouse can fill the i-134, sign it, then scan and send it to me....i copied the text in quote verbatim from the letter i was sent by the consulate...

This is probably the wrong place to ask. Try here ; this is the original post for all may filers someone may know  (this post was a personal post from what I understand) 

or create one so more people can see and answer to your question :) 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.