2,704 posts in this topic

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Japan
Timeline
5 minutes ago, EllyNelly said:

Lol does anyone think uscis ever hears or spies in these forums, or is it illegal for them to do. 

I wish they did! So we could get vjers approvals first! Hehe but no I don't think so. Unless someone uses real name it's too much additional work to do..

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline
3 hours ago, Naes said:

Don't worry I had the same level in tier 2 or suppose to be tier 2... nothing better there

Great.. The person i talked to seemed clueless to even know what day it was.. yikes 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline
2 hours ago, Brittani said:

I'm on day 107 I've considered calling as well but I know there's no point as our cases won't be touched until April. I may called late March just to see where we're standing with the wait time but I've heard such mixed reviews about the customer service.

Yea, I've heard good and bad things as well.. I guess it's just the roll of the dice..

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline
2 hours ago, annaandasbjorn said:

Hello everyone! I've been following this forum for months but finally decided to post something haha.  October 10 filer here, my fiance is from Denmark!  hey guys, its February!  Whether it seems like it or not we are getting closer :)  keeping high hopes for us to have approvals in the next couple months!  anyone set their wedding dates yet? (yes i already know most of you dont recommend it! just curious.)  love to you guys today!

I’ve set my date but it not until January 2019 so I think we’re gonna be okay. ( we are doing a low key courthouse when he’s here for the legal side)

Timeline
2 minutes ago, Chris J said:

Great.. The person i talked to seemed clueless to even know what day it was.. yikes 

Ours said first 2-2.5 months

then added on the end and I quote:

"but the valentines coming up, hope you get something soon, man"

fiance concluded with: you know more than they do.

37 minutes ago, Naes said:

Bump (because the other October thread is up and may be misleading)

LOL ...misleading of what Nes ?

ROC

- Mailed June 27,2020

- Delivered July 1, 2020

- SMS with Case Nr. SRC  and Check cashed July 8, 2020 

- NOA received July 20,2020- NOA dated July 14,2020

-Fingersprinting applied notification - Aug 10,2020

- Card being produced - Nov 2, 2020

Timeline
Just now, Christy&J said:

LOL ...misleading of what Nes ?

There was one more topic of October filers with wrong title, and somebody just commented there and it bump up. So I bumped this one to appear before the other one.

.Based from uscis website, they are processing July 27, 2017 filers as of Nov 30, 2017. However, this forum says that uscis are still processing June and July until now. I was wondering what if uscis website is true because not all k1 visa filers are members here. I was thinking that there’s a lot outside of this forum who’s receiving their approval without posting here. This forum helped us a lot to get an estimated time frame but we should not assumed that all details that we know or we may know are all fact. 

Timeline
7 minutes ago, Louize said:

.Based from uscis website, they are processing July 27, 2017 filers as of Nov 30, 2017. However, this forum says that uscis are still processing June and July until now. I was wondering what if uscis website is true because not all k1 visa filers are members here. I was thinking that there’s a lot outside of this forum who’s receiving their approval without posting here. This forum helped us a lot to get an estimated time frame but we should not assumed that all details that we know or we may know are all fact. 

....the key point being "as of November" and we are being in February...

Also on uscis case tracker you can see the updated cases... cases of July.

Estimations doesn't require all data.

however I actually also have the whole data... and again vj is getting pretty close to it because of its samples. 

Try checking other months...like really...

I feel like repeating, we do have the data as long as they're updating their system....not vj data, no whole data is out publicly to see..

im sorry this was too weird on so many levels I don't know how to reply...

Edited by Naes

Timeline
10 minutes ago, Louize said:

Ok I decided to actually explain a better way so you can check it too.

there are apps like case tracker that lets you check case statuses from uscis website. And you can check other cases too, there has been not 1 update to show that august started other than expedited data.

as for july it did not start till January 10, that was the first day with updates.

not vj data btw, it is the whole k1 petition data.

so if you know how sampling and estimation works, what this site does is based on people who got approved. Not 1 vj member of august (or any other for that matter) has approved hence it shows july at the moment. If it goes faster, thatdate will move faster.

14 hours ago, L and E said:

I hear you! You’re not alone! I don’t have any advice but maybe it helps to know you’re not alone! I’m worrying too.. It’s just such a big thing.. who wouldn’t stress over one thing or another? 

Im worried because of my depression in the past... just really concerned that its going to affect my future, its the not knowing that worries me :(

K1 Fiance Visa Journey 💍 - From sending I-129F to Visa in hand = 295 days📅

Spoiler

10th-Oct-2017 I-129F sent to Dallas Lockbox

13th-Oct-2017 - I-129F received 

17th-Oct-2017 - NOA1 

19th-Apr-2018 - NOA2 :dance:
8th-May-2018 - NVC received our case

14-May-2018 NVC case # assigned
29-June-2018 - Medical

20-July-2018 - Interview - APPROVED! :dancing:

01-Aug-2018 Visa in hand 🎉
13-Oct-2018 - POE:dancing:
17-Nov-2018- Married:wub:

AOS, EAD, AP Journey :star: - From sending I-485 to 2 year conditional Green card in hand = 152 days📅

Spoiler

6th-Dec-2018 - I-485, I-765, I-131 packet sent to Chicago Lockbox
11th-Dec-2018 - I-485, I-765, I-131 packet received in Chicago
17th-Dec-2018 - Received txt notifications
18-Dec-2018 - Check cashed
17-Dec-2018 - NOA1 on USCIS online case status
24-Dec-2018 - x3 NOA1 letter's received in the mail:thumbs:
31-Dec-2018 - Biometrics appointment letter received in the mail
31-Dec-2018 - USCIS online case status for just AOS changed to 'Request for Initial evidence mailed' :(
07-Jan-2019 - Biometrics appointment👍
07-Jan-2019 - Request for Initial evidence letter received - request is for complete Federal tax return for most recent tax year (we did send with original packet...:angry:)

10-Jan-2019 - Sent back initial evidence request documents by mail:clock:
15-Jan-2019 - USCIS online case status for AOS (I-485) changed to 'Response to USCIS' Request for Evidence was received':thumbs:
20-Mar-2019 - USCIS online case status for AOS (I-485) changed to "Case is Ready to be scheduled an Interview" 

26-Mar-2019 - USCIS online case status for AOS (I-485) changed to "Interview was Scheduled"

30-Mar-2019 - Letter with interview date received in the mail!!!!!!! :D

30-Apr-2019 - AOS Interview!  :star: - APPROVED!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D
30-Apr-2019 - USCIS online case status for AOS (I-485) changed to "New Card is being produced" 
03-May-2019 - AOS (I-485) Approval notice letter received in the mail
03-May-2019 - USCIS online case status for AOS (I-485) changed to "Card was mailed to Me"

07-May-2019 - 2 year conditional Green card in hand! :dance:

Removal of Conditions Journey  - From sending I-751 to 10 year Green card in hand = 

16th-Feb-2021 - I-751 packet sent to Phoenix, AZ lockbox

22nd-Feb-2021 - I-751 packet received in Phoenix, AZ lockbox

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
54 minutes ago, Meisha&Jake said:

Im worried because of my depression in the past... just really concerned that its going to affect my future, its the not knowing that worries me :(

Hang in there.  Waiting is hard.  Waiting but not knowing how long you have to wait is even harder.  We all know how you feel.  We know they are processing cases, and we know they are deep into July.  Only August and September until October starts.  It's coming.  

10/03/2017 I-129F sent

10/05/2017 - I-129F delivered

10/10/2017 - NOA1 

03/29/2018 - NOA2 

04/17/2018 NVC case received

04/19/2018 - NVC case number assigned

05/16/2018 - In Transit to Consulate

05/18/2018 - Ready at Consulate

06/18/2018 - Medical

07/03/2018 - Interview

07/19/2018 - VOH

07/27/2018 - POE

Post NOA2 Information For Brazil

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Because I'm going to visit my fiance soon, I was starting to get things together for her consulate interview.  Does the I-134 have to be filled out within a certain time of the interview?  Can I get all the supporting documentation and required forms filled and signed now, before receiving our NOA2?

10/03/2017 I-129F sent

10/05/2017 - I-129F delivered

10/10/2017 - NOA1 

03/29/2018 - NOA2 

04/17/2018 NVC case received

04/19/2018 - NVC case number assigned

05/16/2018 - In Transit to Consulate

05/18/2018 - Ready at Consulate

06/18/2018 - Medical

07/03/2018 - Interview

07/19/2018 - VOH

07/27/2018 - POE

Post NOA2 Information For Brazil

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline
4 hours ago, Meisha&Jake said:

Are you worried it will negatively effect your medical? Or worrying on a personal level about your health? Because if you’re worrying about the medical.. someone correct me if I’m wrong... but i don’t *think* depression is something they are worried about for immigration purposes.. I want to say they are concerned about communicable diseases and public health. It’s just what makes sense to me. Someone with more exact knowledge might want to chime in though.. 

Edited by L and E

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.