Captain Ewok

Yardies, at home and a farrin' (Part 4)

10,487 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Fi Real, nannygirl, sorry to hear that but at least rest assured that you will get something beautiful and great out of all this in a few months.

well this has been a hard couple of days for me....i have talked on pm to some about this....but sadly mike and i will be parting ways....i have come to the desicion that he is not the right person for me and will NEVER change....i really did change when he got here....but didn't start going downhill until we got married....this has been so hard to deal with and decide what i need to do....saftey is the first issue and mike has a horrible temper....and i had to call the police on him sunday night....not going into any real details but they police were called...no arrest was made because nothing physical happend to me or our dog....i says he wants another chance....but really how many chances does one person derserve???? he has made me promises about change and nothing has only has gotten worse.....i am not sure if we will divorce but we do need time away from each other as a couple....i think we are better friends then as a married couple.....i will still be checking in and see how everyone is doing......

I am sorry to hear of all this going on, especially while you're pregnant. Take this time to focus on you and your baby.

03-31-06 Filed K-1 papers

04-13-06 received NOA 1

09-24-06 k-1 approved, yeah!

10-02-06 NVC letter received/Papers sent to Kingston/Interview packet sent to fiance

10-24-06 Interview packet returned to Kingston by postal service/Had to request them to resend

10-31-06 Received resent packetand immediately sent DS-230 Part I so he could get interview date

01-09-07 Received appointment letter, two days before interview! (JA mail sucks)

01-11-07 Couldn't get us down, made it to the interview anyway, half prepared, given a letter to return

04-17-07 Finally given another interview date after 2 months of emailing/begging, visa approved, yeah!

05-03-07 Got K-1 Visa in hand (was only suppose to take 4-5 days for delivery,actually took 12)

05-11-07 Imagine girl running down beach towards guy to welcome him into her arms with a

passionate kiss, only it's the airport. He's arrives on Friday!

06-21-07 Our wedding date! It's a civil ceremony, but I'm excited nonetheless

07-12-07 Mailed AOS application/form (wish me luck)

07-25-07 Checks cashed by DHS

07-28-07 Received NOA 1

08-23-07 Biometrics Appt (have to reschedule out of town)

08-31-07 Rescheduled Biometrics

09-25-07 Received EAD

09-25-07 Received AP

09-25-07 Received NOA 2

11-19-07 Appointment for Initial Interview for AOS

11-19-07 Conditional Green Card Approved!!!!

• Replies 10.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
So how about the lady that killed herself along with her two daughters in Mobay because she suspected that her husband was cheating with someone in England. She actually wrote a 7 pg suicidal letter stating her reasons. I believe they were married for 18 years. It was so sad. I could never see me losing myself that badly over a man. Marriage or no marriage.

I've been reading up on that. It is so sad. I'm with you....I'd just leave him behind.

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

Timeline

live in the strangest place on earth, I swear. Last night there was a news story. At a local college 3 guys went to buy some drugs from 2 guys. All college students and in a frat house. 2 of the guys stole the drugs and then ran, leaving behind their friend. The 2 guys held the other guy hostage until they got their money back. They beat him. They shaved his head in some "derogatory" fashion. Not even sure what that means. They tied him up. Then, they lifted his shirt and pushed chocolate chip cookies hot from the oven on his chest. Is that messed up or what? I have to admit, while it is frightening, I was laughing at the thought.

Edited by Jomo's girl

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

live in the strangest place on earth, I swear. Last night there was a news story. At a local college 3 guys went to buy some drugs from 2 guys. All college students and in a frat house. 2 of the guys stole the drugs and then ran, leaving behind their friend. The 2 guys held the other guy hostage until they got their money back. They beat him. They shaved his head in some "derogatory" fashion. Not even sure what that means. They tied him up. Then, they lifted his shirt and pushed chocolate chip cookies hot from the oven on his chest. Is that messed up or what? I have to admit, while it is frightening, I was laughing at the thought.

:lol: It sounds like some kind of weird hazing ritual to join the fraternity!!

May 11, 2004 - NOA1

August 9, 2004 - NOA2 APPROVED!!!!

October 1, 2004 - Interview date - Visa APPROVED!!

December 11, 2004 - Wedding! Finally married!

December 30, 2004 - Overnighted AOS, AP, & EAD

February 7, 2005 - Received AP in the mailFebruary 26, 2005 - Fingerprints & Biometrics appointment

March 7, 2005 - Received EAD in the mail

April 4, 2005 - Received notice of interview date for AOS

July 26, 2005 - Interview date for AOS!!!

August 12, 2005 - Received NOA for Permanent Residency

August 15, 2005 - Received Green Card in mail!!

June 4, 2007 - Mailed I-751 form to lift "conditions" - it arrived at NSC on June 6

June 11, 2007 - Check cashed

June 21, 2007 - Received NOA1 and Biometrics appt. letter

July 14, 2007 - Biometrics appt. (after re-scheduling)

April 2, 2008 - got an e-mail that our case was transferred to California!

May 12, 2008 - got an e-mail that our case is APPROVED!!

May 17, 2008 - Received Green Card in the mail! No more Immigration for TEN YEARS!!

December 6, 2007 - Monique Savannah is born!! 6 lbs. 13 oz.

34z0pck.jpg

I am so bored :wacko: Now that I'm on day shift and I can keep up with you guys, everyone is quiet! :bonk: Where's our JA joke of the day for Wednesday? I need some amusement!

May 11, 2004 - NOA1

February 7, 2005 - Received AP in the mailFebruary 26, 2005 - Fingerprints & Biometrics appointment

June 4, 2007 - Mailed I-751 form to lift "conditions" - it arrived at NSC on June 6

May 17, 2008 - Received Green Card in the mail! No more Immigration for TEN YEARS!!

34z0pck.jpg

Timeline

Me too, Rhonda.

I'm thinking I should just go home. Fighting a cold and I feel like ####### today. Think I'd much rather be home listening to my husband give me all kinds of his crazy remedies to try. Not sure the ginger tea is doing any good; but it sure does taste good.

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

Timeline
I am so bored :wacko: Now that I'm on day shift and I can keep up with you guys, everyone is quiet! :bonk: Where's our JA joke of the day for Wednesday? I need some amusement!

Rhona the Wednesday chuckle is in Jawi's thread. Gill decided to post it there because that thread has drawn everyone from here. :thumbs:

Support "OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE" Help a child go to school

Timeline

Not everyone. Written Patois gives me a headache. Can't bother with it.

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

Me too, Rhonda.

I'm thinking I should just go home. Fighting a cold and I feel like ####### today. Think I'd much rather be home listening to my husband give me all kinds of his crazy remedies to try. Not sure the ginger tea is doing any good; but it sure does taste good.

You need to put some white rum in that tea ;) Then you'll feel better!

Rhona the Wednesday chuckle is in Jawi's thread. Gill decided to post it there because that thread has drawn everyone from here. :thumbs:

:o Everyone is deserting the Yardie thread???

May 11, 2004 - NOA1

34z0pck.jpg

Timeline
Me too, Rhonda.

You need to put some white rum in that tea ;) Then you'll feel better!

:o Everyone is deserting the Yardie thread???

Not me. Just sticking around waiting to read something interesting. You know how it goes....it comes ang goes.

I hate white rum. Rum, for that fact. Luckily, he doesn't like it either. He won't force it on me until this all settles into my chest.

I'm a tequila kind of girl. I was just reading something on Tequila, Mexico. I see my next vacation destination in my head now!

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

I hate white rum. Rum, for that fact. Luckily, he doesn't like it either. He won't force it on me until this all settles into my chest.

I'm a tequila kind of girl. I was just reading something on Tequila, Mexico. I see my next vacation destination in my head now!

Not me! I LOVE rum! Rum & Coke has been my favorite drink for a looooong time. Way before I started going to Jamaica. It's Tony's favorite too. He prefers Wray & Nephew and I prefer Appleton but we'll drink either. If we don't have any Jamaican rum, it's usually Bacardi Gold or Bacardi 151 :devil: Once in a while, I'll drink Parrot Bay or Malibu coconut rum with some pineapple juice. Yummy! Or a pina colada. Or a dirty banana. Man, I'm thirsty :innocent:

Can you tell I haven't drank in awhile? :wacko:

May 11, 2004 - NOA1

34z0pck.jpg

Timeline

Guys, I did not mean to imply that everyone has deserted the yardie thread, I was just answering the question Rhonda asked about where everyone and the daily chuckle was. That was not my intention al all. Sorry if I was misunderstood. :cry::cry::cry:

Support "OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE" Help a child go to school

Timeline

What's a dirty banana, Rhonda? That sounds yummy.

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Not everyone. Written Patois gives me a headache. Can't bother with it.

You are funny. Several of us have seen you in the thread early mornings. Why, if you can't be bothered? You know what never mind. Keep talking about your p whipped husband. I'm done. :angry:

0insijou.png

According to God's favor...Happily married on 09~09~09

See "Our Story" for K-1 timeline

~AOS Timeline~

Nov 28, 2009 ~~ Mailed off Packet

Dec 01, 2009 ~~ Delivered to Chicago Lockbox and signed for by "L. Box"

Dec 07, 2009 ~~ Check Cashed!

Dec 12, 2009 ~~ All 3 NOA1s received in the mail (dated 12/7/09)

Dec 17, 2009 ~~ InfoPass appointment (Emergency AP granted)

Dec 28, 2009 ~~ Biometric Letter arrived (dated 12/15/09)

Dec 28, 2009 ~~ RFE for I-693 (dated 12/22/09)

Jan 11, 2010 ~~ Completed Biometrics

Jan 14, 2010 ~~ Sent I-693 in sealed envelope via US Priority Mail

Jan 19, 2010 ~~ Reply to RFE delivered to Lee's Summit, MO @ 5:03 PM signed for by "C BUCHHOLZ"

Jan 20, 2010 ~~ USCIS acknowledged receipt of RFE on I-485 only

Jan 22, 2010 ~~ I-131 AP and I-765 EAD approved (email notice on 1/25/10)

Jan 28, 2010 ~~ USCIS email that I-485 was transferred to CSC on 1/26/10

Jan 30, 2010 ~~ Received EAD and AP via US Postal Service

Feb 01, 2010 ~~ Received notification of case transfer via USPS

May 07, 2010 ~~ Email notification that card production ordered for 1-485

Jun 01, 2010 ~~ Greencard finally arrives w/approval date 2/23/10 (Huh??)

Done until November 25, 2011!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.