Snorlux

I-751 December 2016 Filers

2,136 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, LukeEdAllen said:

FYI, I always got the stamp last week at the orlando service center, they took my  expired green card, but literally the entire process took less than 20 minutes from stepping in the building.

I went at 7.30 am though which may have had something to do with how quickly I was in and out :)

When I got my stamp they gave back to me my expired GC and Letter of extension. 

Is there any difference with that? 

Thanks! 

53 minutes ago, Family❤️ said:

When I got my stamp they gave back to me my expired GC and Letter of extension. 

Is there any difference with that? 

Thanks! 

It seems to depend on the office and/or agent.  I went into Orlando as well, and they kept both.  I have seen in the messages that it has been done both ways.  I guess I will find out when I go to Canada next month as to whether it causes any issue.

53 minutes ago, dburnt said:

It seems to depend on the office and/or agent.  I went into Orlando as well, and they kept both.  I have seen in the messages that it has been done both ways.  I guess I will find out when I go to Canada next month as to whether it causes any issue.

It will NOT cause an issue. Print a page from CBP manual where it clearly says i551 stamp is valid proof of residency  ( green card is also 551 form) 

you guys good regardless 

Edited by Scazy

7 minutes ago, Scazy said:

It will NOT cause an issue. Print a page from CBP manual where it clearly says i551 stamp is valid proof of residency  ( green card is also 551 form) 

you guys good regardless 

Thank you so much for the info. I’m leaving next month and will stay out of the country for 12 days. The Officer who gave my Passport Stamp told me I need to wait 4 to 5 months to get my actual 10 years Green Card. God bless us all! 

53 minutes ago, FEODORA said:

nobody got any move in their petitions? I am torn to go x the citizenship or not ...I already can apply since 3 month ago

nothing from CSC yet. I think a few approvals at VSC. If your end goal is to become a citizen and you're in a position to apply, you might as well get it over with. I personally can't afford the fee right now, but I'm honestly fine with taking my time and enjoy a break from USCIS for a while. 

I will travel next month internationally. I am booked already, it will be my Grandpa’s last wish to be with all the Family and celebrate his Birthday. 

I am excited and scared at the same time because I don’t have my actual 10 years Green Card with me. 

I had my passport stamp, expired Green Card & expired letter of extension with me and yet I feel not confident to go, still! 

My worries is, what if they won’t allow me to go back here in US? My whole life is here.. I don’t have anything left in my own country. 

Besides, I’m the Breadwinner in my Family. I am their only source of income. I’m still sending my siblings to school too. 

That’s my worries if they won’t allow me to comeback. I am a Dec 2016 filer, when I got my passport stamp the officer in USCIS told me I need to wait atleast 4 to 5 months for my 10 years Green Card since I filed my case in CSC

Anybody here had the same scenario travelling out of the country while the I-751 is still on process? 

Thank you so much! 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country:
Timeline
25 minutes ago, Family❤️ said:

I will travel next month internationally. I am booked already, it will be my Grandpa’s last wish to be with all the Family and celebrate his Birthday. 

I am excited and scared at the same time because I don’t have my actual 10 years Green Card with me. 

I had my passport stamp, expired Green Card & expired letter of extension with me and yet I feel not confident to go, still! 

My worries is, what if they won’t allow me to go back here in US? My whole life is here.. I don’t have anything left in my own country. 

Besides, I’m the Breadwinner in my Family. I am their only source of income. I’m still sending my siblings to school too. 

That’s my worries if they won’t allow me to comeback. I am a Dec 2016 filer, when I got my passport stamp the officer in USCIS told me I need to wait atleast 4 to 5 months for my 10 years Green Card since I filed my case in CSC

Anybody here had the same scenario travelling out of the country while the I-751 is still on process? 

Thank you so much! 

You are overthinking and dreading without any reason. You are a permanent resident with a pending case. You are not going to be turned away from entering the country. The I55-1 is proof of your status. Your case is pending with USCIS and they will let you enter and leave the country without any issue. 

Edited by Name O Boy

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Italy
Timeline

I agree with Name O Boy, please don't sweat it.

I travel internationally quite often, and not even once have I had any issue at the border. I even still use the Global Entry lane (without using the kiosk), and all it takes is an extra few minutes of checking my passport and stamp.

I've only been taken into secondary twice in my life, and that was when I was adjusting my status from K1 visa to green card holder as it took almost a year to receive the green card.

You are a permanent resident pending adjudication of your ROC. Please don't feel stressed out about leaving and reentering the country; you have the right to do so!

Signed,

The guy on another international flight comes the beginning of February! ;) 

F-1 Visa: Academic years 2007/2010.

K-1 Visa: I-129F sent Aug 2013; Approved Jan 2014.

Green Card: AOS sent Feb 2014; Approved Jan 2015.

Removal of Conditions: I-751 sent Nov 2016; Approved Apr 2018.

US Citizenship: Application sent Nov 2017; Fingerprints Nov 2017; Civics/English exam March 2018; Oath May 2018.

14 minutes ago, Nikkosan said:

I agree with Name O Boy, please don't sweat it.

I travel internationally quite often, and not even once have I had any issue at the border. I even still use the Global Entry lane (without using the kiosk), and all it takes is an extra few minutes of checking my passport and stamp.

I've only been taken into secondary twice in my life, and that was when I was adjusting my status from K1 visa to green card holder as it took almost a year to receive the green card.

You are a permanent resident pending adjudication of your ROC. Please don't feel stressed out about leaving and reentering the country; you have the right to do so!

Signed,

The guy on another international flight comes the beginning of February! ;) 

I really appreciate your response guys. I am just worried because when I filed my ROC, I am already divorced with my former spouse. I filed all by myselt with fee waiver thing. 

My ex US citizen spouse is so scary and keeps on threatining me that he will send me back to my country 3 times. 

I am very traumatized with our relationships. I don’t know if I will get approve in my 10 years Green Card or what. I got all the evidence of our Bonafide Marriage. Hoping not to recieve RFE and all! 

Wish me luck too. Sorry for being bad vibes here in our forum. I feel so down today, I want to cancel my flight but I am thinking my Grandpa specially my Parents and Siblings. It’s been almost 4 years since the last time I saw them. 

🤧😣☹️😢

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country:
Timeline
13 minutes ago, Family❤️ said:

I really appreciate your response guys. I am just worried because when I filed my ROC, I am already divorced with my former spouse. I filed all by myselt with fee waiver thing. 

My ex US citizen spouse is so scary and keeps on threatining me that he will send me back to my country 3 times. 

I am very traumatized with our relationships. I don’t know if I will get approve in my 10 years Green Card or what. I got all the evidence of our Bonafide Marriage. Hoping not to recieve RFE and all! 

Wish me luck too. Sorry for being bad vibes here in our forum. I feel so down today, I want to cancel my flight but I am thinking my Grandpa specially my Parents and Siblings. It’s been almost 4 years since the last time I saw them. 

🤧😣☹️😢

You have said absolutely nothing wrong. Your concerns are pretty natural. You also have rights like anyone else in this country so don't be intimidated by your ex-spouse threats. As long as you follow the law you have nothing to worry. You filed on time with a divorce waiver. Feel good, you are not the only one going through this process USCIS gets tons of cases just like you and it is part of their job. Have a safe trip. 

9 minutes ago, Name O Boy said:

You have said absolutely nothing wrong. Your concerns are pretty natural. You also have rights like anyone else in this country so don't be intimidated by your ex-spouse threats. As long as you follow the law you have nothing to worry. You filed on time with a divorce waiver. Feel good, you are not the only one going through this process USCIS gets tons of cases just like you and it is part of their job. Have a safe trip. 

Thank you so much. Your words and advices helping me a lot. Bless your heart, My friend! 

How in the world do I book an infopass appointment? I have been trying for 3 Days straight now. I just logged in at 12:30am and still nothing. 

Can anyone help with this, cause I can’t. 😩

11 hours ago, NeyNey876 said:

How in the world do I book an infopass appointment? I have been trying for 3 Days straight now. I just logged in at 12:30am and still nothing. 

Can anyone help with this, cause I can’t. 😩

Try right at 12.00 am or 12.01 am. You should get one. 

On 1/27/2018 at 1:18 PM, FEODORA said:

nobody got any move in their petitions? I am torn to go x the citizenship or not ...I already can apply since 3 month ago

I was going to do that (I was eligible to apply in November), but heard that sometimes they hold the ROC until they process the N400.  This isn't a problem if you just applied for ROC, and the N400 is shorter (you'd get your ROC done sooner), but right now, the i-751 should be done in 4 months, and the N-400 is 8 months plus, so it would delay getting my green card.  I really don't want delay the GC, just because it is easier.  I'm going to wait until I get the GC, then apply for N-400.  Just my opinion.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.