Just called NVC no CC yet, scan date July 8th. :angry:

event.png

1/3/2009- Married

2/5/2016- I130 sent

2/11/2016- NOA1 Potomac

5/13/2016- I130 approved

5/18/2016- Sent to NVC

5/20/2016- NVC received

6/9/2016- Case # received (Welcome letter)

7/1/2016- Sent our IV and AOS packets to NVC

7/8/2016- Scan date

8/9/2016- Case Complete

9/20/2016- Medical exam

10/3/2016- Interview

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Called NVC today and they confirmed CC.

Congratulations on you. Usualy CC comes on weekend

Want to Speed up NVC Process ?

Check Guides From Guide section for doccuments and list of stuff and follow this steps

Step 1 After USCIS NOA2 Gather all AOS / IV Package Documents In 3 weeks

Between USCIS Approving and NVC Case Number you have 2 to 3 weeks gather all AOS and IV Documents Get package ready.

Step 2 Obtain NVC Invoice and Case number.

​After 2 weeks of NOA2 Keep on Calling NVC every day to get case number And Invoice number

Step 3 Pay First Fee and DS261

After getting NVC Case Number and Invoice Number Log in to webpage Pay First Fee and Fill out DS261 Takes 24 to 38 Hr to get fee status paid.

Step 4 Conform Agent / Ds261 Over Phone and Sent out Documents

Once First fee turns Paid Online ( Usualy 24 to 48 hr) Call NVC And conform choice of agent over Phone If they won't keep on calling them Until someone will Or other fee won't be unlocked.Also Once you get Welcome letter on email Print out Document Checklist sheet And Sent in your documents to NVC

Step 5 Pay Other Fee and Fill out DS260 (Total time from DS 261 to here should be no longer then 15 days )

​Step 6 Conform Document delivery AT NVC And Ask them Processing Time..

Step 7 Check For CC ( Hopefully no REF )

Call them every other day 2 weeks from DS260 and Check status.. Also Check Online NVC Page If you have 3 N/A your case Complete! Congratulation you are almost done.

Step 8 48 Hr After CC Conformation Call NVC For appointment for interview

Congratulation On your NVC CC AND Good Luck with Interview

Need Help? Feel free to contact me Or Post in appropriate forum section

​Like my suggestion ?

Rep would be nice for help.

Help other and spread Knowledge!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

Congratulations on you. Usualy CC comes on weekend

That's definitely wrong. CC does not usually come on the weekend. It comes approximately 30 days after the scan date, and usually during the week, so Monday through Friday. There are very, very rarely cases that get CC on the weekend, and I would assume that either that happens when the system is overloaded and the info is not transferred right away or because the person hasn't checked late enough on Friday.

Timeline

That's definitely wrong. CC does not usually come on the weekend. It comes approximately 30 days after the scan date, and usually during the week, so Monday through Friday. There are very, very rarely cases that get CC on the weekend, and I would assume that either that happens when the system is overloaded and the info is not transferred right away or because the person hasn't checked late enough on Friday.

Usualy 30+ days I was being told 6 weeks took them 5 weeks and 2 days.

Want to Speed up NVC Process ?

Check Guides From Guide section for doccuments and list of stuff and follow this steps

Step 1 After USCIS NOA2 Gather all AOS / IV Package Documents In 3 weeks

Between USCIS Approving and NVC Case Number you have 2 to 3 weeks gather all AOS and IV Documents Get package ready.

Step 2 Obtain NVC Invoice and Case number.

​After 2 weeks of NOA2 Keep on Calling NVC every day to get case number And Invoice number

Step 3 Pay First Fee and DS261

After getting NVC Case Number and Invoice Number Log in to webpage Pay First Fee and Fill out DS261 Takes 24 to 38 Hr to get fee status paid.

Step 4 Conform Agent / Ds261 Over Phone and Sent out Documents

Once First fee turns Paid Online ( Usualy 24 to 48 hr) Call NVC And conform choice of agent over Phone If they won't keep on calling them Until someone will Or other fee won't be unlocked.Also Once you get Welcome letter on email Print out Document Checklist sheet And Sent in your documents to NVC

Step 5 Pay Other Fee and Fill out DS260 (Total time from DS 261 to here should be no longer then 15 days )

​Step 6 Conform Document delivery AT NVC And Ask them Processing Time..

Step 7 Check For CC ( Hopefully no REF )

Call them every other day 2 weeks from DS260 and Check status.. Also Check Online NVC Page If you have 3 N/A your case Complete! Congratulation you are almost done.

Step 8 48 Hr After CC Conformation Call NVC For appointment for interview

Congratulation On your NVC CC AND Good Luck with Interview

Need Help? Feel free to contact me Or Post in appropriate forum section

​Like my suggestion ?

Rep would be nice for help.

Help other and spread Knowledge!

Timeline

Usualy 30+ days I was being told 6 weeks took them 5 weeks and 2 days.

Then you were among the unlucky ones. They still send out the 30 day letter, which is why I said 30 days approximately (emphasis on approximately). Our case was done a little over 30 days in, as are most people's which you can see in the spreadsheet for scan date to CC

My case complete was Friday 8/5/16. I called NVC on 8/5 at 5 pm and no CC. I checked system at 9 pm and no NA. I checked twice on sat and no NA. I checked Sunday morning and no NA. I checked Sunday afternoon at 4 PM and the 3 NAs were there. So most likely a computer glitch. Called NVC this morning and they confirmed CC Friday 8/5.

Okay so freaking out here as I've probably done too much reading so if anyone can clarify?

Ds-261 arrives by snail mail but only if you don't have lawyer?

Ds-260 can be submitted online?

AOS and IV package everyone sends via snail mail but I haven't read anywhere how it gets received?

How do you post both together if you are in different countries?

Am I missing something or got the wrong end of the stick ?

May 5 - I-130 Received

June 17 - RFE Received

August 4 - NOA2
October 3 - USICIS sent to NVC
October 12 - NVC received (69 days in limbo)
? - case number assigned
? - AOS bill paid
? - call NVC to review DS-261 and get IV invoice unlocked
? - IV bill paid
? - submit DS-260
? - send IV/AOS package
? - scan date

? - cc

? - interview date

Timeline

Okay so freaking out here as I've probably done too much reading so if anyone can clarify?

Ds-261 arrives by snail mail but only if you don't have lawyer?

Ds-260 can be submitted online?

AOS and IV package everyone sends via snail mail but I haven't read anywhere how it gets received?

How do you post both together if you are in different countries?

DS-261 is done online (after you have case number and invoice ID number = IIN)

DS-260 is done online (must do online, afaik)

AOS & IV package are sent via snail mail, don't forget to include the barcoded cover sheet (you get that when you pay for AOS and IV)

Mailing it in together was easy - I sent my part to my spouse ahead of time, and then everything was mailed in together.

Remember to get t he DS-261 reviewed on the phone as soon as you receive the e-mail with your case number and IIN, because only after the DS-261 has been reviewed does the IV fee become available

Once the IV fee shows up as paid on CEAC, you can start with DS-260.

Ds-261 arrives by snail mail but only if you don't have lawyer? It is filled out online on the CEAC website.

Ds-260 can be submitted online? Yes, it can only be submitted online, also on the CEAC website.

AOS and IV package everyone sends via snail mail but I haven't read anywhere how it gets received? NVC receives the documents package and scans it into their system. Then you wait 30-35 days for them to review your documents.

How do you post both together if you are in different countries? Usually the agent/petitioner is the one that sends everything. All the documents pertaining to the beneficiary just need to be copies, which he/she can send to the agent/petitioner because the originals will be brought to the interview.

USCIS Process:
Sent I-130 (via USPS): February 20, 2016
NOA1 hardcopy received: February 26, 2016
NOA2 approval text & email: May 6, 2016 (71 days from NOA1)
Petition sent to NVC text & email: May 11, 2016

NVC Process:
Case number and IIN Assigned: May 26, 2016
Choice of Agent (DS-261) completed: May 27, 2016
AOS Fee Invoiced: May 27, 2016
Pay AOS Fee: May 27, 2016
AOS Fee appeared as PAID: June 2, 2016
IV Fee Invoiced: June 3, 2016
Pay IV Fee: June 3, 2016
IV Fee appeared as PAID: June 6, 2016
IV application (DS-260) completed: June 7, 2016
Sent AOS & IV packets (via FedEx): June 8, 2016
Scan date: June 9, 2016
CC: July 14, 2016 (FINALLY saw 3rd N/A... 35 days after scan date)
Confirmation of CC email received: July 21, 2016
Interview date received over the phone: July 26, 2016

Interview Process:
Interview letter/P4 received via email: August 5, 2016
Medical Exam (@SLEC): August 3-4, 2016

Sputum samples given: August 15-17, 2016

Pulmo Consultation: August 18, 2016 (sputum smear is NEGATIVE!)

Results of sputum culture: October 12, 2016 (NEGATIVE!)

Completed: October 17, 2016
Interview date: October 24, 2016 (APPROVED! case status ISSUED the same day) :content:

Visa ready for pickup @MOA (via 2GO tracking): October 26, 2016

Visa in hand: October 27, 2016

Pay Greencard Fee: October 27, 2016

POE: November 6, 2016 (L)

SSN received (via USPS): November 14, 2016

10-year Greencard received (via USPS): December 17, 2016 (41 days after POE) :dance:

My case complete was Friday 8/5/16. I called NVC on 8/5 at 5 pm and no CC. I checked system at 9 pm and no NA. I checked twice on sat and no NA. I checked Sunday morning and no NA. I checked Sunday afternoon at 4 PM and the 3 NAs were there. So most likely a computer glitch. Called NVC this morning and they confirmed CC Friday 8/5.

Oh that makes sense I guess... anyway, Congratulations again! :dancing: Have you spoken to NVC about sending your case file asap so it arrives on time for your spouse's interview?

USCIS Process:
Sent I-130 (via USPS): February 20, 2016
NOA1 hardcopy received: February 26, 2016
NOA2 approval text & email: May 6, 2016 (71 days from NOA1)
Petition sent to NVC text & email: May 11, 2016

NVC Process:
Case number and IIN Assigned: May 26, 2016
Choice of Agent (DS-261) completed: May 27, 2016
AOS Fee Invoiced: May 27, 2016
Pay AOS Fee: May 27, 2016
AOS Fee appeared as PAID: June 2, 2016
IV Fee Invoiced: June 3, 2016
Pay IV Fee: June 3, 2016
IV Fee appeared as PAID: June 6, 2016
IV application (DS-260) completed: June 7, 2016
Sent AOS & IV packets (via FedEx): June 8, 2016
Scan date: June 9, 2016
CC: July 14, 2016 (FINALLY saw 3rd N/A... 35 days after scan date)
Confirmation of CC email received: July 21, 2016
Interview date received over the phone: July 26, 2016

Interview Process:
Interview letter/P4 received via email: August 5, 2016
Medical Exam (@SLEC): August 3-4, 2016

Sputum samples given: August 15-17, 2016

Pulmo Consultation: August 18, 2016 (sputum smear is NEGATIVE!)

Results of sputum culture: October 12, 2016 (NEGATIVE!)

Completed: October 17, 2016
Interview date: October 24, 2016 (APPROVED! case status ISSUED the same day) :content:

Visa ready for pickup @MOA (via 2GO tracking): October 26, 2016

Visa in hand: October 27, 2016

Pay Greencard Fee: October 27, 2016

POE: November 6, 2016 (L)

SSN received (via USPS): November 14, 2016

10-year Greencard received (via USPS): December 17, 2016 (41 days after POE) :dance:

For those who have recently got their case number, was it exactly 14 days after they received your package from USCIS? Our 14 days is on Thursday but I'm wanting to call today. I'm so impatient!

Timeline in brief:

Married: September 27, 2014

I-130 filed: February 5, 2016

NOA1: February 8, 2016 Nebraska

NOA2: July 21, 2016

Interview: December 6, 2016 London

POE: December 19, 2016 Las Vegas

N-400 filed: September 30, 2019

Interview: March 22, 2021 Seattle

Oath: March 22, 2021 COVID-style same-day oath

Now a US citizen!

Timeline

For those who have recently got their case number, was it exactly 14 days after they received your package from USCIS? Our 14 days is on Thursday but I'm wanting to call today. I'm so impatient!

Yes, it was exactly 14 days for me. Called them early in the day (~10-11 AM ET), and they didn't have a case number and told me to call the next day. Called them a few hours later (say around 3 PM ET), and got my case number and invoice number.

January 20, 2016 - Married!! :dance:

USCIS

February 1, 2016 - Mailed I-130

February 2, 2016 - I-130 Delivered

February 4, 2016 - NOA1 (got the email and text on February 5)

June 3, 2016 - NOA2 (got the email and text on February 5)

June 11, 2016 - NOA2 hard copy

June 17, 2016 - USCIS website says Case sent to NVC

NVC

June 23, 2016 - Case received at the NVC (confirmed over phone)

July 7, 2016 - Case # and Invoice ID # received over phone

July 7, 2016 - DS-261 submitted

July 8, 2016 - Welcome Letter Received; DS-261 reviewed over phone

July 8, 2016 - AOS Fee Invoiced and payment in process

July 9, 2016 - AOS and IV package mailed (FedEx next day)

July 11, 2016 - IV Fee Invoiced and payment in process
July 11, 2016 - NVC Received/Scan Date

July 12, 2016 - AOS and IV Fees show as PAID; DS-260 unlocked
July 13, 2016 - NVC said that's when they entered the AOS/IV packages into the system

July 14, 2016 - DS-260 Submitted

August 16, 2016 - Case Complete

August 23, 2016 - Interview scheduled

October 18, 2016 - Interview

Me: Husband, US Citizen

I-751 Lifting of Conditions

August 15, 2018 - I-751 Delivered to USCIS (check cashed in Phoenix 09/25)

October 24, 2018 - NOA

March 28, 2019 - Biometrics appointment

June 11, 2019 - Case transferred to Potomac

February 18, 2020 - Combined Interview with N-400

February 20, 2020 - i-751 Approved

N-400 Naturalization

August 3, 2019 - Applied online 

August 26, 2019 - Biometrics

February 18, 2020 - Interview (Scheduled on January 6th). Approved pending i-751 approval

February 24, 2020 - Oath Ceremony Scheduled

March 25, 2020 - Oath Ceremony

It was exactly 14 days for me as well. I was assigned the case number early in the morning and i found out through the call however I got the letter later in the email. I gave them my email address that same time I called.

So I called NVC right now to check on whether they have my mail yet or not even though it arrived at their location on friday, is anyone getting the message that there is a large number of call volume at the moment? If yes, what would be the best time to call? So they don't have my mail in the system yet.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.