dwheels76

NVC Filers - June 2016

956 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Morocco
Timeline

Does anyone know if I can use my son's (13) social security survivor's benefits on the affidavit of support?

Also, when my husband goes to the interview.. does he have to have original copies of my birth certificate and the birth certificates of any other sponsors?

Thanks in advance!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

How long do you have to wait for an official email to confirm a case complete status from the actual case complete date?

The Case Complete letter comes 7 days after Case Complete. So if you called today June 7th and they said you have Case Complete June 14th the email would be sent.

Case Complete to Interview spreadsheet

From now on your VJ Member name will be verified. If the name you put on form to be added to spreadsheet comes up not found, you will not be added to the spreadsheet. If you don't have a timeline you will not be added to the spreadsheet.

Please Please put your VJ member name only. Not nicknames or real names whatever your VJ name is. It's below your profile picture!!

Come join the current Interview thread: 

DQ-to-Interview-2023-all-countries

Case Complete to Interview Spreadsheet
Case Complete to Interview Form

ROC I-751
5/21/2018: Filed i751 ROC
6/12/2018: NOA1 Date
3/5/2019: Biometrics Appt
12/28/2019: 18 month Extension has expired
1/9/2020: InfoPass Appt to get stamp in Passport
2/27/2020: Combo Interview (ROC and Citizenship)
3/31/2020: submitted service request for being pass normal processing time
4/7/2020: Card being produced
4/8/2020: Approved
4/10/2020: Card mailed
4/15/2020: 10 year green card received

N-400
5/21/2019: Filed Online
5/21/2019: NOA1 Date
6/13/2019: Biometrics Appt
2/27/2020: Citizenship Interview
4/7/2020: In queue for Oath Ceremony to be scheduled
6/19/2020: Notice Oath Ceremony scheduled
7/8/2020: Oath Ceremony (Houston)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Albania
Timeline

Morning guys.... Just received the e-mail for 1st scan date, it's 3rd of June! Let's hope now this is the last scan date and to get a case complete this month.

Hi,

Yesterday I received the welcome letter from NVC and with it I received this:

June 7, 2016
Document Cover Sheet

This cover sheet is for case BCH########## .When you send your documents to us, place them in the order
shown below, and put this cover sheet on top. Mark the checkbox [ X ] under Enclosed if you are sending the
document. Mark the checkbox [ X ] under Unavailable if you cannot obtain the document. Mark the checkbox [
X ] under Not Applicable if the document is not applicable or not needed for your case.

Order Document Enclosed Unavailable Not Applicable
===============================================================================
1. Document Cover Sheet................................ [ ]
2. Original, signed Affidavit of Support..............[ ] [ ] [ ]
3. Photocopies of Financial Documents:
IRS Tax Transcript............................................ [ ] [ ] [ ]
Federal Income Tax Returns............................ [ ] [ ] [ ]
Form W2.......................................................... [ ] [ ] [ ]
Evidence of income............................... ...........[ ] [ ] [ ]
Proof of relationship......................................... [ ] [ ] [ ]
Proof of U.S. status.......................................... [ ] [ ] [ ]
Social Security Earnings Statement................. [ ] [ ] [ ]
Proof of assets................................................ [ ] [ ] [ ]
4. Photocopies of Supporting Documents:
Adoption documentation.................................. [ ] [ ] [ ]
Birth certificates.................................... ...........[ ] [ ] [ ]
Court and prison record(s).............................. [ ] [ ] [ ]
Marriage certificate.......................................... [ ] [ ] [ ]
Marriage termination documents..................... [ ] [ ] [ ]
Military records..................................... ...........[ ] [ ] [ ]
Petitioner documents....................................... [ ] [ ] [ ]
Valid, unexpired passport................................. [ ] [ ] [ ]
Police Certificate(s).......................................... [ ] [ ] [ ]
Translations...................................................... [ ] [ ] [ ]

If you have not submitted Form DS-260 "Online Immigrant Visa and Alien Registration Application"at
http://ceac.state.gov, please do so now. We cannot forward your petition to a U.S. Embassy overseas until you
submit Form DS-260. Also, only send photocopies of your civil documents (e.g., birth certificate). Send an
original, signed Form I-864 Affidavit of Support(s). Do not send documents on any form of electronic media,
such as memory cards.

This is the AOS package only or on the above is mentioned about AOS and IV package altogether?

From what I read on visa journey information....we have to send two packages at once at NVC. Is it the same thing ?

Did anyone received same thing in the welcome letter?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Hi,

Yesterday I received the welcome letter from NVC and with it I received this:

June 7, 2016

Document Cover Sheet

This cover sheet is for case BCH########## .When you send your documents to us, place them in the order

shown below, and put this cover sheet on top. Mark the checkbox [ X ] under Enclosed if you are sending the

document. Mark the checkbox [ X ] under Unavailable if you cannot obtain the document. Mark the checkbox [

X ] under Not Applicable if the document is not applicable or not needed for your case.

Order Document Enclosed Unavailable Not Applicable

===============================================================================

1. Document Cover Sheet................................ [ ]

2. Original, signed Affidavit of Support..............[ ] [ ] [ ]

3. Photocopies of Financial Documents:

IRS Tax Transcript............................................ [ ] [ ] [ ]

Federal Income Tax Returns............................ [ ] [ ] [ ]

Form W2.......................................................... [ ] [ ] [ ]

Evidence of income............................... ...........[ ] [ ] [ ]

Proof of relationship......................................... [ ] [ ] [ ]

Proof of U.S. status.......................................... [ ] [ ] [ ]

Social Security Earnings Statement................. [ ] [ ] [ ]

Proof of assets................................................ [ ] [ ] [ ]

4. Photocopies of Supporting Documents:

Adoption documentation.................................. [ ] [ ] [ ]

Birth certificates.................................... ...........[ ] [ ] [ ]

Court and prison record(s).............................. [ ] [ ] [ ]

Marriage certificate.......................................... [ ] [ ] [ ]

Marriage termination documents..................... [ ] [ ] [ ]

Military records..................................... ...........[ ] [ ] [ ]

Petitioner documents....................................... [ ] [ ] [ ]

Valid, unexpired passport................................. [ ] [ ] [ ]

Police Certificate(s).......................................... [ ] [ ] [ ]

Translations...................................................... [ ] [ ] [ ]

If you have not submitted Form DS-260 "Online Immigrant Visa and Alien Registration Application"at

http://ceac.state.gov, please do so now. We cannot forward your petition to a U.S. Embassy overseas until you

submit Form DS-260. Also, only send photocopies of your civil documents (e.g., birth certificate). Send an

original, signed Form I-864 Affidavit of Support(s). Do not send documents on any form of electronic media,

such as memory cards.

This is the AOS package only or on the above is mentioned about AOS and IV package altogether?

From what I read on visa journey information....we have to send two packages at once at NVC. Is it the same thing ?

Did anyone received same thing in the welcome letter?

It is both AOS and IV package together. Yes I got the same thing in my welcome letter.

It is both AOS and IV package together. Yes I got the same thing in my welcome letter.

Ok, and where do I enclose this document cover as they request? In the AOS package or in the IV?

Timeline

Has anyone from Potomac received their case number as yet? Its been over two weeks and I called NVC only to know that no case number has been assigned.

I am from Potomac center too. I received it by the end of 2nd week(check my timeline). You should be getting it by the end of this week. Just call them and hopefully you might have it by this Friday.

Thanks buddy :-)

I am from Potomac center too. I received it by the end of 2nd week(check my timeline). You should be getting it by the end of this week. Just call them and hopefully you might have it by this Friday.

Timeline

Ok, and where do I enclose this document cover as they request? In the AOS package or in the IV?

I had 2 separate package for AOS and IV with the cover sheet for each from the payment portal and then on top place this welcome letter cover sheet. I put them in one single package from USPS. Not sure how others have done this.

How long do you have to wait for an official email to confirm a case complete status from the actual case complete date?

The Case Complete letter comes 7 days after Case Complete. So if you called today June 7th and they said you have Case Complete June 14th the email would be sent.

Yep! This is so right. I got my CC email exactly 7 days after my actual CC date.

BACKGROUND

Known my SO forever~
Lived in DR since I was 7 until 16.
June 17, 2009 - Became Boyfriend & Girlfriend <3
August 22, 2015- Married cheesy.gif

USCIS

September 12th, 2015 - I-130 Packet sent via FedEx
September 15th, 2015 - I-130 Packet Delivered by FedEx ( Delivery Notification signed by J. Chyba)

September 15th, 2015 - Priority Date (Routed to Nebraska Service Center)

September 17th, 2015 - NOA1 email and text received from USCIS. :)

March 11th, 2016 - Approval date ( routed to NVC) :dancing:

March 12th, 2016 - NOA2email and text received from USCIS.

March 24th, 2016 - Text n email ( Case sent to NVC for processing)

NVC

March 31st, 2016 - Case received at NVC ( called to confirm)

April 8th, 2016 - Case # and Invoice # Assigned ( 8 Days from NVC receiving)

April 11th, 2016 - Choice of Agent Completed. DS-261, Paid AOS Fee

April 12th, 2016 - AOS shows 'Paid", IV bill Generated and Paid.

April 14th, 2016 - IV Fee showed as Paid. IV App unlocked.

April 15th, 2016 - IV Application DS 260 completed and submitted

May 20th, 2016 - AOS and IV Docs sent to NVC via 2-day Delivery :dancing:

May 23, 2016 - Packet received by NVC, Notification from USPS confirmed.

May 23, 2016 - SCAN DATE ( received email from NVC)

May 31, 2016 - CASE COMPLETE ( confirmed via phone) 8 days from scan day! Amazing :wow:

June 7, 2016 - Case complete Email Received. Exactly 7 Days after actual CC.

June 27, 2016 - Interview scheduled!!!!!!!! :dancing:

EMBASSY

July 18, 2016- VAC and Medical Appointment

August 3rd, 2016 - Interview Date

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: India
Timeline

Yup, that's the standard welcome letter. Keep in mind there is a N/A column because they use the same cover sheet for all different types of visas so if there is something listed that does not pertain to you just mark it as N/A.

Regarding the Document Cover Sheet (DCS) -- from the CEAC Payment Portal you will get two (2) DCS. one for the AOS package and one for the IV Package. the ONLY difference between the two is AOS DCS says "Attn. CMR AOS" and the IV says, "Attn. CMR". You don't have to wait for the IV Fee to be available and paid to print that. you can print two copies of the AOS DCS and either white out the AOS or use Adobe Acrobat and delete the AOS. All they need is the barcode that's on them. It's how they know which case number those documents go with.

Here's how I organized mine:

Write case number at the top right of each and every piece of document.

NVC Welcome letter's DCS -- the one with the three columns you showed.

AOS DCS from CEAC payment portal

all AOS documents as listed in order on the welcome letter DCS.

medium binder clip holding this stack together

IV DCS from CEAC payment portal

all IV documents as listed in order on the welcome letter DCS.

medium/large binder clip holding this stack together

Then I used one Large Binder clip to hold both stacks together.

put this big stack into a large Manila envelope, address it as normal PLUS write your case number on it.

put that Manila envelope in the FedEx mailing package (or whatever carrier you choose....just be sure you can track it since it has sensitive documents in it. I would NOT advise sending it regular USPS mail. Be sure you get a tracking number!)

Good luck!

N-400/Citizenship process:

Applied online: 9/06/2020

NOA1 received: 9/07/2020

Biometric: reuse letter received 1/19/2021

Interview: 5/12/2021 - APPROVED!!! 😃

Oath Ceremony: 6/04/2021

----------------------------

ROC process:

Mailed I-751 petition package: 4/6/2018

USPS delivered I-751: 4/9/2018

Check cashed: 5/24/2018

NOA received: 5/26/2018

Biometric letter received: 3/1/2019; Biometric Appt: 3/11/2019

Case Transfer letter received: 3/11/2019

Online Status changes: Card being produced- 5/24/2019; case is approved - 5/28/2019; Card is mailed - 5/29/2019; USPS picked up for delivery - 5/30/2019 (ETA 6/1/2019)

Approval letter received: 5/31/2019 showing approval date of 5/24/2019

Card received: 6/1/2019

------------------------------

Married life begins! June 25, 2015 (L)

I-130 Petition Process:

FedEx overnight I-130: July 15, 2015

NOA1 hardcopy received: July 24, 2015 (PD July 16, 2015);  NOA2 hard copy received: January 16, 2016

Petition sent to NVC text & email: January 25, 2016

NVC Process:

NVC Received Petition: February 1, 2016 :dance:

Case Complete: April 27, 2016 :dance:(286 days from NOA1)

Received Interview Date: May 9, 2016 :dancing:  Received Interview/Appointment Letter via email: May 10, 2016

Embassy Process:

Medical Exam: May 24, 2016;  Fingerprinting: June 16, 2016

Interview: June 17, 2016 (337 days from NOA1) - APPROVED!!!!! :dancing: :dance: :yes: :lol: B-)

Notification of Passport/Visa ready for pick up: June 21, 2016;  Visa in hand: June 22, 2016

POE (DFW): July 4, 2016; SS Card received: July 14, 2016; Green Card received: September 8, 2016

Applied for corrected GC: October 7, 2016; Corrected GC approved: December 16, 2017;  Corrected GC Received: December 22, 2017

Yup, that's the standard welcome letter. Keep in mind there is a N/A column because they use the same cover sheet for all different types of visas so if there is something listed that does not pertain to you just mark it as N/A.

Regarding the Document Cover Sheet (DCS) -- from the CEAC Payment Portal you will get two (2) DCS. one for the AOS package and one for the IV Package. the ONLY difference between the two is AOS DCS says "Attn. CMR AOS" and the IV says, "Attn. CMR". You don't have to wait for the IV Fee to be available and paid to print that. you can print two copies of the AOS DCS and either white out the AOS or use Adobe Acrobat and delete the AOS. All they need is the barcode that's on them. It's how they know which case number those documents go with.

Here's how I organized mine:

Write case number at the top right of each and every piece of document.

NVC Welcome letter's DCS -- the one with the three columns you showed.

AOS DCS from CEAC payment portal

all AOS documents as listed in order on the welcome letter DCS.

medium binder clip holding this stack together

IV DCS from CEAC payment portal

all IV documents as listed in order on the welcome letter DCS.

medium/large binder clip holding this stack together

Then I used one Large Binder clip to hold both stacks together.

put this big stack into a large Manila envelope, address it as normal PLUS write your case number on it.

put that Manila envelope in the FedEx mailing package (or whatever carrier you choose....just be sure you can track it since it has sensitive documents in it. I would NOT advise sending it regular USPS mail. Be sure you get a tracking number!)

Good luck!

Oh, wow!!! Thank you LinJoe. You gave me such great info. I can now understand perfectly how should I proceed further.

Thumbs up for you ???

I had 2 separate package for AOS and IV with the cover sheet for each from the payment portal and then on top place this welcome letter cover sheet. I put them in one single package from USPS. Not sure how others have done this.

Thank you for informing me eljourney! It is a great help for me...?

Oh, just as extra information, we paid our AOS fee last night. Now we have to wait for the IV fee to be available to pay.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.