1 post in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

We had my fiance's interview in Moscow, March 15, 2016. The appointment time at 9:30 am and seen around 2:30 pm. The interview was brief and cold at best; lasting approximately 5 to 10 minutes. I took a week off work, so I could attend; make him feel at ease. I also wanted to be by his side again. The last time I saw him, was July.

The CO asked what language we communicated in? She told my fiance, he spoke English very well. She proceeded to ask where we met; he said online. Where online? A dating site, called InternationalCupid. Was it paid for? I told her I took out a 1 month membership; it was not a marriage brokerage site and I had papers to prove so if she wanted them (she did not take the paper). Next, she said to him you came on a tourist visa and he said yes. She told him that he did not mention me when he applied for that visa. He told her that he was not sure if he was going to meet me. She replied: "you spent 5 weeks together." She then looked at me; I told her that was true, we had not been sure. I told we had talked about South Korea, but I asked him to come here because I did not want to meet someone I had never met in person before, in a strange land. She nodded her head; then asked why I picked him? I told that I had not responded to him quickly, but had spoke with others on the dating site. I responded to him later because I was attracted to him and out of all the people I spoke with he treated me with respect. She then said the relationship happened fast - Nov. 2014 initial contact, engaged by May 2015. She turned to him and snapped, how long were you on the dating site and he said about a year. Next she asked me why I had a Russian email account (yandex)? I informed her that it was the only place I could use both my first and last name and this was important because given the nature of my work, I wanted people to know who was contacting them. She asked if I was a sub teacher and I said yes, but hired in now. She told my fiance that he was leaving behind a very good job and asked what he planned to do in the US. Dmitrii, told her anything. She looked at me and I told her a friend might help us find employment with a Russian company not far from my home. Finally she asked us to say in our own words how we felt about each other and Dima, said I was kind. I told her he was my best friend.
I realized that at the first window I did not provide all my documents (I turned in my I-134 and Income tax). I tried to provide her with the remaining documents: employment letter, pay stubs, bank statements/letter from bank officer and divorce papers. She refused to take the documents, saying they were not needed for this type of visa. At the end of the interview we were not given any ticket or 221 g. I asked if the visa was granted and she said that it would have to go before a supervisor. She took minimal emails, no Skype conversations. She asked were we communicated the most - Email and Skype. She told us to watch the website (CEAC I imagine), and walked away. I check the case everyday and it has never updated since March 15, 2016. On forums, I watch other Russians being granted visas. I don't know what has gone wrong. I trust my fiance 100%. He has no criminal record, did not overstay his time in the US. They did keep his passport. I have emailed the embassy and they tell AP, neither approved or denied. I called DOS and they did tell so far no additional documents have been requested.

AP makes you question yourself and your partner; it's simply stress. I was wondering if there was any other Russians or those engaged or married to Russians that have went to the hell hole of AP? Why, how long and what was the outcome? I already know it takes as long as the CO or those in charge want to take. I guess I'm looking for comparisons and yes, I know all cases are different. Others are welcome to respond and I appreciate it when they do.

Sincerely,
STRESSED OUT!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.