The Nature Boy

Brother and sister accused of incest in Effingham

149 posts in this topic

Well, realistically, every kid born to a brother/sister is going to be mentally or physically handicapped. Its prob still a very unlikely outcome. Not sure of the exact stats.

According to this article that Hail Ming posted in another thread, it's roughly 50%.

The Biological Cost of Incest

This raises an interesting question: just what’s so bad about incest? Sure, having sex with your dad or your sister seems gross — but why? Some anthropologists have argued that incest taboos are learned social conventions. This explanation, however, doesn’t make sense to me as it does not explain the widespread existence of anti-incest mechanisms in creatures ranging from cockroaches to chimpanzees (here). Second, the incest taboo is about as close to a universal law as human moral rules get.

Why should mechanisms to avoid incest be so widespread both in nature and across human societies? The answer is simple. The problem with having sex close with relatives is that there is an astonishingly high chance that your offspring will be born with a serious birth defect. Take the results of a study of Czechoslovakian children whose fathers were first degree relatives. Fewer than half of the children who were the product of incestuous unions were completely healthy. Forty-two percent of them were born with severe birth defects or suffered early death and another 11 percent were mildly mentally impaired. This study is particularly instructive as it included a unique control group — the offspring of the same mothers but whose fathers were not the mothers’ relatives. When the same women were impregnated by a non-relative, only 7 percent of their children were born with a birth defect (Figure 1).

106847-104502.png

A group of genetic counselors reviewed the research on the biological consequences of sex between relatives (consanguineous relationships) (here). They found a surprisingly small increase (about 4 percent) in birth defects among the children of married cousins. Incest between first degree relatives, however, was a different story. The researchers examined four studies (including the Czech research) on the effects of first degree incest on the health of the offspring. Forty percent of the children were born with either autosomal recessive disorders, congenital physical malformations, or severe intellectual deficits. And another 14 percent of them had mild mental disabilities. In short, the odds that a newborn child who is the product of brother-sister or father-daughter incest will suffer an early death, a severe birth defect or some mental deficiently approaches 50 percent.

http://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/animals-and-us/201210/the-problem-incest

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

How can you not love this story:

A brother and sister were arrested this morning in Effingham County and accused of having sex with each other in a tractor trailer parked at a church.

Christopher Buckner, 20, of Guyton, and her brother, Timothy Savoy, 25, of Jackson, Ga., were arrested and charged with incest, aggravated sodomy and prowling, according to Sheriff’s Office spokesman David Ehsanipoor.

The spokesman said deputies answered a call at about 4:30 a.m. about a prowler in the area of Hester Road and Ga. 30. As deputies were checking the area, they saw a man and woman walking down the road. The male said he was walking the female back to her house. Deputies determined that the pair were brother and sister and that they had just had sex in a Kenworth tractor trailer, which was parked at Countryside Baptist Church, Ehsanipoor said.

He said they admitted having sex three times after watching the movie, “The Notebook.” They were being held in the Effingham County jail.

Lets put 20 seconds on the clock..

Effingham? Is that just down the road from vomitville?

They were charged with incest, aggravated sodomy, and prowling - we don't cotton to prowling in these here parts.

It was not just a tractor, but a Kenworth tractor - only the finest for my honey.

The Notebook? He sat through the Notebook? He deserved a little somethin-somethin after sitting all the way through that.

Ah.. Incest.

Edited by OnMyWayID

I don't believe it.. Prove it to me and I still won't believe it. -Ford Prefect

Well, realistically, every kid born to a brother/sister is going to be mentally or physically handicapped. Its prob still a very unlikely outcome. Not sure of the exact stats.

exactly. The whole Genetic defect thing is way overblown .

exactly. The whole Genetic defect thing is way overblown .

It must be Ambien time again. Look two posts up above yours. The chances of a child of incest between siblings having some type of birth defect is 50%.

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/512023-brother-and-sister-accused-of-incest-in-effingham/?p=7214962

Edited by Teddy B

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Except most "incest" is between first-cousins. The sibling thing is a red-herring.

I was really surprised by how common and fairly harmless cousin marrying is. Its yet another thin VJ has really opened my eyes to.

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Except most "incest" is between first-cousins. The sibling thing is a red-herring.

That's not true.

I was really surprised by how common and fairly harmless cousin marrying is. Its yet another thin VJ has really opened my eyes to.

Incest is prolific, but it manifests most commonly in child abuse perpetrated by a sibling or parent.

Timeline

It must be Ambien time again. Look two posts up above yours. The chances of a child of incest between siblings having some type of birth defect is 50%.

Maybe the goal is a race of doughy faced slow-wits.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Incest among consenting adults and incest between a child and abusive parent/sibling/whatever, should be considered differently. If a 30 year old brother wants to hook up with a 28 year old sister and they're both mentally competent, should it be illegal? Should it be illegal to marry a cousin?

If a 30 year old brother wants to hook up with a 28 year old sister and they're both mentally competent, should it be illegal? Should it be illegal to marry a cousin?

no and no.

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Incest among consenting adults and incest between a child and abusive parent/sibling/whatever, should be considered differently. If a 30 year old brother wants to hook up with a 28 year old sister and they're both mentally competent, should it be illegal? Should it be illegal to marry a cousin?

The problem is that among close relatives it's difficult to determine when the relationship started. I don't think people wake up one morning and decide their to have sex with their sister or their daughter. I think the idea of consent is highly dubious in such a situation.

There's no way to legislate on the issue in a way that protects one sort if incest relationship but not another.

Edited by Hail Ming!

Your Kentucky is showing.

Timeline

What two consenting adults do I could not care less.. When they start having mutated offspring there is a line that is crossed. Not sleeping with your sister is not just a social ick, its an instinctual ick that goes beyond humans.

I thought you lived in Kentucky. Where they define chastity as being able to outrun your brothers

Of course not and tying it somehow to pedophilia is inane