glazierguy

Manila Embassy Appointment Issues!!!!!!

69 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Well once again I finally found an appointment after searching day and night for 2 weeks. It was for June 3rd !!!!!!!

The only way this will ever work, is to have your fiancé completely ready to go medical and everything already done.

3 days notice on these appointments is absolutely ridiculous!!!!!!! and there is only one every time!!!!!!

Timeline

We found May 29th, but we found it on the night of May 26th...UGH...so we had to cancel because you can't schedule medical appointment until you have interview appointment date 1st. No way possible in 3 days.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

One couple succeeded at it. They took a big risk but they gambled and won. I don't recommend it unless you are crunched for time, but here is what they did:

Applicants with children cannot go on Thursday or Friday because children need a 3 day TB skin test. So if you go on a Thursday SUPER early (like 2 AM) you might get in early enough to get your vaccines that day and get it done. The couple did that and told SLEC that they had an interview on Monday so please hurry it. And SLEC did, And it worked.

Risky? Yes. But if it your only option, give it a shot.

At the rate appointments have not been given out it may very well be faster for you to take the 221(g) for having incomplete med than to give up the date and wait for lord knows when you will get another date.

Timeline

important news to everyone!!!!!!!! you do not need the appointment paper for the medical, even though it says you do........I have called St lukes and so did my fiancé......they understand the situation......

Timeline

NOOOOOOO! I Accepted a date that seemed impossible to make & later canceled it because of that medical factor...and we don't actually need appointment date to get medical exam appointment? Ugh. Thanks for that info though Glazierguy!

Edited by Twentyten2010

Timeline

seriously, I was told that and didn't believe it.....so I called personaly.....then I had my Filipina fiancé call.....same result.....they don't care!!!!!

for your own piece of mind just call them.......

important news to everyone!!!!!!!! you do not need the appointment paper for the medical, even though it says you do........I have called St lukes and so did my fiancé......they understand the situation......

^^^ Correct.

Just use your MNL case number to be admitted into St. Lukes for the medical. Take a copy of your USCIS petition approval too. No problem.

Timeline

Yes this is true about no need a interview appt. cause I called personally myself also. Im having my fiancée go ahead and get ready to go get her medical cause this is crazy but I might see what happens this week cause im sure since we are at the beginning of June that the July slots should be opening up. It would make sense but who knows but ill give it one more week before I send her on her way to SLEC. She is waiting for me to pull the trigger and book her flight to manila lol.

Well once again I finally found an appointment after searching day and night for 2 weeks. It was for June 3rd !!!!!!!

The only way this will ever work, is to have your fiancé completely ready to go medical and everything already done.

3 days notice on these appointments is absolutely ridiculous!!!!!!! and there is only one every time!!!!!!

I know this is your second time this has happen to you. What time are you getting these slots at? Im not sure if I should be looking at phil time or usa time.

Timeline

My information on the medical is the same: They are taking you without interview appt. So go do the medical ASAP so you can jump on whatever interview date you can grab. If June 10 is open, grab it and do your med tomorrow, June 3. It should work fine.

Timeline

My information on the medical is the same: They are taking you without interview appt. So go do the medical ASAP so you can jump on whatever interview date you can grab. If June 10 is open, grab it and do your med tomorrow, June 3. It should work fine.

Oh I definitely did grab june 10th and I booked my fiancée her flight for tomorrow and do medical the next morning...she is all set for her medical and she will stay in manila till her interview date...

Timeline

So she gets medical on Wednesday? That should be enough. They really only need 2 to 3 business days. Just make sure she mentions her inteview date. St Luke's is good about getting the med resiults to the embassy on time when they know it is a close call.

You should be fine.

Timeline

So she gets medical on Wednesday? That should be enough. They really only need 2 to 3 business days. Just make sure she mentions her inteview date. St Luke's is good about getting the med resiults to the embassy on time when they know it is a close call.

You should be fine.

Yes she is on her way to Manila right now and in about 11 hours from now she will be in line for her medical which is Wednesday morning in phil. I did tell her already to let them know about the interview date so they will note this..Thanks for the support.

Wow...how do we keep missing these time slots? Depressing

Keep on checking every hour cause there are people canceling that have june interviews. I would have her go now to get her medical with your MNL#. Also make sure all your paperwork is done for your fiancée supports docs, W2's and all sent to her already so she is good to go and ready for you to give her the notice to pack up and get ready :) Good Luck

Edited by llindsay

Timeline

Yes she is on her way to Manila right now and in about 11 hours from now she will be in line for her medical which is Wednesday morning in phil. I did tell her already to let them know about the interview date so they will note this..Thanks for the support.

Keep on checking every hour cause there are people canceling that have june interviews. I would have her go now to get her medical with your MNL#. Also make sure all your paperwork is done for your fiancée supports docs, W2's and all sent to her already so she is good to go and ready for you to give her the notice to pack up and get ready :) Good Luck

Thanks for the info llindsay! Can you remember what time it was in the U.S. when you saw those time slots? Seems like it's being done between 7pm - 9pm here?

We've been searching for appointments since we were approved in very beginning of May...this game show of finding an appointment time is not fun anymore....lol. Thanks again & good luck!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.