Faycel and Renee

Is a new medical needed in order to file AOS?

9 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Algeria
Timeline

Ok, Im really confused and I just am trying to figure this out. My husband came here on a K! visa. He had his medical done in Algeria and he took it to his visa interview. Im under the assumption that the medical was placed in the sealed envelope and given to the officer at LAX POE.

I just filed our paperwork and I keep reading about this form GSA3025 and I-693, Report of Medical and Vaccination Record.

I dont have any copies of his medical that he took and if my assumption of the medical being in the package is correct does he need to have another one or can they use the one that I assume is in that package?

I sure could use some assistance on this question please

Does your husband given a copy of his DS-3025 form during his K1 medical

IMMUNIZATIONSENGLISH_Page_1.jpg

And please read this post.

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/444146-aos-vaccination-records-and-i-693/?p=6401884

Done with K1, AOS and ROC

You need to have your vaccination transcribe for AOS if it's not complete. Can you still request for DS 3025 from the doctor in Algeria? You need some sort of proof that your vaccination is complete for AOS.

He does not need to do the entire medical again. Only need vaccination

-I am the Beneficiary-
event.png

K1 (I-129F) petition filed in August 2013 (Approved Feb 20th 2014)
13th May 2014: AOS (I-485) & EAD/AP combo card
21st May 2014: NOA 1 and biometric letter
11th June 2014: biometric appointment
13th June 2014: RFE received via mail
16th June 2014: replied to RFE
6th August 2014: EAD Approved, AP still in initial review
12th August 2014: got tracking number for EAD
( ) August 2014: Received EAD (I forgot what date I got them but I did receive them less than 5 days from the 12th)
10th September 2014: Interview Waiver received (I wished I was interviewed)
April 23, 2015, we registered your permanent resident status and mailed you a Welcome Notice

Timeline

Merrytooth,

ok I just asked him and he said that he has a vaccination record which I will get a copy tonight and do a supplement package, I guess I may have to get it translated but Im not sure. He told me that the dr took everything and put it in a sealed envelope which he gave at POE. I will see all that I need to do but I was assuming that it was in that envelope. Now is there anything else Im going to need. He told me that he had a chest xray in Algeria.

Keep throwing ideas and suggestions PLEASE

Janice & Micah,

I will see what he has and hopefully its what the USCIS will need - I really dont want to have to contact Algeria

You don't need to send in the chest x-ray.

The USCIS is supposed to have your K1 medical files when you handed the sealed package over at POE, but sometimes USCIS lose them or fail to match them up with your AOS.

That's why it is recommended to send in a copy of the DS-3025 with your AOS package.

Since you have already submitted the AOS package, I suggest 1) wait and see if you get any RFE for the medical.

or 2) send the supplement package in with a copy of the AOS I-485 NOA1, hopefully USCIS could match it up with your file.

Edited by Merrytooth

Done with K1, AOS and ROC

Timeline

ahhhh ok merrytooth, I understand now. This is why I love VJ cause the experience and advice is better than hiring an attorney and hours of research !

I will wait for the RFE and move from there

ahhhh ok merrytooth, I understand now. This is why I love VJ cause the experience and advice is better than hiring an attorney and hours of research !

I will wait for the RFE and move from there

His visa medical vaccination form will be in the packet with the rest of the medical forms. If everything was filled out correctly on it and no shots were missing, they won't need anything else from you. They will have the original. If there was something missing (shots), they will send an RFE. He can then find a civil surgeon to put his complete shot record on Form I-693 and respond to the RFE.

England.gifENGLAND ---

K-1 Timeline 4 months, 19 days 03-10-08 VSC to 7-29-08 Interview London

10-05-08 Married

AOS Timeline 5 months, 14 days 10-9-08 to 3-23-09 No interview

Removing Conditions Timeline 5 months, 20 days12-27-10 to 06-10-11 No interview

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

The journey from Fiancé to US citizenship:

4 years, 2 months, 6 days

243 pages of forms/documents submitted

No RFEs

Are you K1?

We did not go a CS and submitted the DS 3025 along with these instructions: Green Card in hand with no RFE!

www.uscis.gov/files/form/i-693instr.pdf

3. What if I am a K nonimmigrant visa holder and already had a medical exam overseas?

If you were admitted as a:

a. K-1 fiancé(e) or a K-2 child of a K-1 fiancé(e); or as a

b. K-3 spouse of a U.S. citizen or a K-4 child of a K-3 spouse of a U.S. citizen; and

c. You received a medical examination prior to admission, then:

(1) You are not required to have another medical examination as long as your Form I-485 is filed within one year of your overseas medical examination, and the medical examination did not reveal a Class A medical condition, or if you did have a Class A medical condition, you received a waiver of inadmissibility and have complied with the terms and conditions on the waiver.

(2) Even if a new medical examination is not required, you must still show proof that you complied with the vaccination requirements. If the vaccination record (DS 3025) was not properly completed and included as part of the original overseas medical examination report, you will have to have the vaccination report completed by a designated civil surgeon. In this case, you are required to submit the vaccination record and page 1 of Form I-693.

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/428381-i-693-report-of-medical-examination-and-vaccination-report/?p=6206232

Mahalo/Salamat!

Steve and Joan
Met on Facebook 2/24/12
Met in person 6/5/12
Second visit 10/2/12
Engaged 10/3/12
NOA10/15/12
Third visit 12/10/12
Joan got her passport! 2/20/13
NOA2 4/24/13
Fourth visit 5/28/13
CFO 5/30/13
Embassy Interview APPROVED 6/6/13

Joan passed through immigration in Hawaii! She's home! 6/13/13

MARRIED 8/24/13

AOS, EAD and AP petitions sent to Chicago via Express Mail

EAD/AP Received 11/13/13

AOS Interview APPROVED 11/26/13

2-year Green Card in hand 12/5/13

ROC (I-751) sent to CSC via USPS Express Mail 8/31/15

ROC check cashed 9/4/15

ROC Biometrics 10/1/15

ROC Approval 4/6/16 (waiting for actual card)

Permanent Green Card Arrived 4/14/16
Naturalization Interview 2/22/17 APPROVED!

Oath Ceremony 3/21/17--Joan is a US Citizen!

Dual Citizenship 7/7/22 Joan is now a Dual US/Filipino Citizen!

Kayak small lagoon crop 10 72 for VJ.jpg

• 4 months later...

Here is the dilemma...they revised the I-693 and incorporated the former I-693A into the same form. The doctor is supposed to (so they are told) only have complete pages 1 and 5 for the vaccination part for K1 with a medical within 1 year. HOWEVER, page 1, at the very beginning of Part 2, requires the surgeon to attest to the results of the medical examination. They cannot do this unless they do an exam...there is no place on the form for them to indicate that the medical was done previously. This is why many of the doctors are insisting on a new medical.

I did not get a copy of anything from the original medical in Toronto, but fortunately, I have most of my Canadian records which I hope will suffice. The surgeon has indicated they can complete the remainder of page 1 with a note as to why they are not completing Part 2 on page 1...and I am going with that. My medical was only 3 months ago...

Has anyone encountered issues with incomplete I-693?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.