apple21

Returning your Green Card because of USCIS error. Form i90

140 posts in this topic

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi there!

I sent my i90 package yesterday because USCIS made an error on my GC. They sent me a 10-year GC instead of the 2-year conditional GC.

Hope we can share timelines on how long before we receive our new GC. :)

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My mom submitted I-90 to renew her expire GC. It has been 7 months without hearing anything from them.

It might be different for you because USCIS's error, however I think you will wait couple months.

New Journey AOS:

My fiancee came to US on the 8th of March, 2014 under K-1 visa at Newark, NJ Airport for POE.

Applied Social Security Number on the 10 of March, 2014.

Married on the 13th of March, 2014.

Sent I-485, I-765, and I-131 on the 15th of March, 2014.

Received EAD on June 7, 2014.

Received Notice of Potential Interview Waiver on July 1, 2014 date 6/27

Contacted Ombudsman on 01/12/2015.

Ombudsman contacted USCIS on 02/20/2015.

Ombudsman sent a follow up to USCIS on 03/18/2015.

I-485 approved on 03/31/2015 ( we ordered your card).

Welcome notice was mailed on 04/01/2015.

Received Welcome Notice on 04/08/2015.

Card was mailed to me/picked up by USPS on 04/08/2015.

Received GC on 4/10/2015.

Prediction 04/08/2015

Timeline

How long did you take to receive your NOA

I just mailed mine yesterday.

A friend of mine is in the same situation as I am. Her i90 package was delivered to USCIS on April 21, 2014. Her NOA1 was issued April 25. Then May 1 she was given biometrics schedule. May 22 is the biometrics date.

Edited by apple21

Timeline

Why would you return your 10 year green card to get a 2 year green card? Have you been married for less than 2 years?

Yes we were less than 2 years married upon POE.

Edited by BA & MG

USCIS / CSC:

27/02/2012: Sent I-130 to Chicago Lockbox

03/01/2012: NOA1

06/18/2012: NOA2 in email

06/23/2012: NOA2 in hand

NVC:

07/09/2012: NVC received

07/26/2012: Case number/IIN - wrong embassy..grrrr

07/26/2012: DS-3032 sent (Emailed)

07/30/2012: New Case number

07/30/2012: AOS bill

07/31/2012: AOS bill shows PAID

08/01/2012: AOS package sent

08/02/2012: AOS package delivered

08/02/2012: DS-3032 accepted

08/03/2012: IV bill

08/06/2012: IV bill shows PAID

08/06/2012: IV package sent0

8/07/2012: IV package delivered

08/14/2012: Case complete

09/14/2012: Interview scheduled

US Embassy Abu Dhabi:

09/15/2012: Medical

10/02/2012: Interview *Result: AP*

12/31/2013: Visa in hand

03/19/2014: ELIS fee paid

03/20/2014: POE ABU DHABI / Chicago

IN USA:

04/03/2014: SSN applied

04/08/2014: SSN received

05/21/2014: Welcome letter received

05/22/2014: 10 years GC arrived in mail

Timeline

That's really intresting I have never heard about this law before. I though I'll get 10 year GC.

At the time of my F2A interview we were married for 26 months. So what kind of GC should I need to get ?

2 year conditional or 10 years without conditional

Its determined by the number of years married at the time of POE (your first entry to the US).

If you entered the US using your F2A visa and you are already married 2 years or more, you'll get a 10-yr GC.

If you entered the US using your F2A visa and you are LESS than 2 years married, you'll get a 2-yr conditional GC.

This also applies to spouses of US citizens.

Filed: Timeline

Its determined by the number of years married at the time of POE (your first entry to the US).

If you entered the US using your F2A visa and you are already married 2 years or more, you'll get a 10-yr GC.

If you entered the US using your F2A visa and you are LESS than 2 years married, you'll get a 2-yr conditional GC.

This also applies to spouses of US citizens.

Thank you Apple21. I think you are one of most helpful and knowledgeable person on this form.

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

Update:

I called USCIS today (June 2) because I haven't received any text/email/snail mail from them regarding the i90. Operator told me it could take 30 days for them to issue and send the receipt notice. I should call again on June 16 if there's no response yet by that time.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: India
Timeline

Allright. Just came back from infopass. IO was good and she gave me some info.

Apparently, 2300 Green cards were erroneously issued with the wrong expiry date(Was even given 20yrs validity). But my wife's green card did not come under that bat
ch where the date of expiry is wrong and at the same time category should not be F21 but CF or something like that (Because its a conditional Green card)

I filled out the I-90 at home and took the supporting docs but she told me to wait until i heard back from TSC. She filed a Service request to TSC right then and there and gave me a Referral number and told us to wait till June 19th to hear back from TSC. If i don't hear back from them on what needs to be done by June 19th(IO thinks mostly i have to file I-90 and send it across) i need to call USCIS and escalate it to Level 2.

IO thinks this error comes from a particular batch only off late and creating the service request and letting them know will fix the issue once for all on their side.

So for now all i have to do is wait till June 19th for a response from TSC and go from there. I have everything ready and once TSC responds i will send them I90 if that is what is required.

IO told me that i did the right thing and if i had done nothing it would create problems if i d
id not file removal of conditions after 2yrs and would have put my wife's status in jeopardy.

Edited by vkrishn

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.