aruadha

Feb filer here who contacted my Senator....

66 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Netherlands
Timeline

Thats awesome news! Hopefully it will speed your process up.

Do you think you could provide a generic version of the letter? I think it will help a lot of the users on here who are less verbal or not as effective at writing a letter at the level the government might expect.

Edited by dbuizert

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

Do you have any updates on this yet? Heard anything?

Thanks to those above that responded. And those who have message me I hope I have helped. If it will help I will try to put up a general guideline of the letter. I am hesitant to share it verbatem though as data has likely changed since I wrote it and I think each person needs to add their personal touches.

I have spoke to the lady from my Senator's office twice now (both times she called me). She is lovely and seems to honestly want to to help. I had to fax a privacy consent form so they can be involved, which was no problem for me at all.

She has told me that if I do not hear anything from USCIS by June 13th, to contact her again for them to do another congressonal inquiry.

I am still waiting for NOA2.

Let me work on getting an outline for those that would like.

K-1 Visa -  Date of arrival to US  Aug 30, 2014

Married September 26, 2014

AOS: SEPT 24th, 2015 GREEN CARD RECEIVED !! 

ROC:  Oct 10, 2018    Approval of ROC via online USCIS site.  

Naturalization: March 26th, 2021 Approved!!

As of 2022, we are working towards moving back to Australia likely in 2025. 

Timeline
Ok. As requested, here is my letter with sections taken out due to likely changes. Please modify as you see fit and incorporate your own experiences. :)

Dear Senator __________: "date"

I am writing to you as a constituent of "state you live in", specifically "city". I am currently a petitioner for a K-1 Visa/ Form I-129F and would like to bring to your attention a significant discrepancy between USCIS service centers and approvals of form I-129F. My specific reference number of my petition is SRC__________ with a notice date of __________ being processed at the Texas Service Center.

Data from the USCIS website, specifically the search engine for specific forms, shows the National Processing Volumes and Trends as well as the specific service center for more individual data. My complaint lies with the huge discrepancy between the California Service Center and the Texas Service Center in regards to form I-129F. The USCIS data depicts "Pending" petitions around ___"# of petitions from most recent data____" for Texas Center and slightly less than ___"# of petitions from most recent data"___ for the California Center, with data only showing up to "__date data is shown through__"

This discrepancy, for whatever reason, is both unacceptable as well as disheartening.

Whatever the reason for this backlog at the Texas Service Center, whether it be because of the Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (I-821D, aka “DACA”) applications getting priority at the expense of I-129F petitions, lack of adequate staffing, or some other reason, it should be something that is a concern. Not just for those of us going through this ordeal but for all representatives of our country.

The 2 service centers processing times vary by as much as ____ days. The USCIS website is reporting waiting times of 5 months, although this number can apparently be arbitrarily changed as they see fit.

From a personal standpoint, although I understand that time is needed to process each petition, it is remarkably difficult to remain strong over months of uncertainty, having to support two households on two separate continents, the costs of travelling to see one other, the emotional toll of being apart, and the effect the separation is having on my 2 children. The uncertainty of the approval date makes it extremely difficult to plan for a wedding, and for arranging employment once my future husband has arrived. We only wish to begin our lives together and have strictly followed all the rules and regulations in order to accomplish this.

Any assistance you may be able to provide in this matter is greatly appreciated. Not only for myself, but for the hundreds of other couples who are going through this process legitimately and honestly, and yet made to wait months on end for a response and chance to begin a life with the person they love. Thank you for your time and your diligent pursuit of an improved situation.

Sincerely,

"NAME"

"ADDRESS"

email: ____________

phone: ____________

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Russia
Timeline

I'm sorry that waiting is difficult for you but I think it is silly to be writing your Senator barely 3 months after filing.

I admire the nobleness of you sharing what you did and trying to push for faster processing times at the TSC. Realistically though this is deep down a ploy to get your petition approved faster than the normal wait time.

Lots of us waited over 5 months before even writing/calling anyone. Having you guys doing this 2 or 3 months into your wait time is only going to slow the process down by overloading their offices. Which is not fair to the people who have waited patiently the whole processing time before reaching out to the according authorities.

I know it is hard to wait and be without your significant other but you really need to wait the whole 5 months. Just because CSC is approving some in a shorter time does not mean that you need to panic. The 5 month wait period is on their website for a reason.

Sorry if my post steps on anyones toes but I felt like I needed to be honest here.

11/18/2013 - Filed I-129F
11/25/2013 - NOA1 text/email received
05/01/2014 - NOA2 text/Email received
06/18/2014 - Interview - Approved
07/31/2014 - Point of Entry
10/17/2014 - Married
10/23/2014 - Filed AOS/EAD/AP
11/07/2014 - 3x NOA1 text/emails received

12/05/2014 - Biometrics

12/22/2014 - EAD/AP Approved

01/02/2015 - EAD/AP Card Received

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

I would politely disagree with you saying "Realistically though this is deep down a ploy to get your petition approved faster than the normal wait time." OP never said anything about this being their intention, and actually mentioned that they wrote the letter from the perspective of making the senator aware of the discrepancy between TSC and CSC and the general processing time for applications. Just because someone is trying to avail themselves of possible means to improve a situation does not mean it is a "ploy" to get their petition approved faster than "normal" wait time. Everyone knows it's hard to wait, but that doesn't mean someone has to sit by and put up with something that is clearly processing in a system that has much wrong with it and needs to be fixed.

Amen! This is EXACTLY what I wanted to say but couldn't figure out how to put into words. Thank you! (:

04/23/2014- Mailed I-129F petition

04/24/2014- Arrived at Dallas lockbox

04/29/2014- Personal Check cashed, electronic NOA1: routed to Texas Service Center

05/01/2014- Received NOA1 hardcopy, Alien Registration # changed

08/08/2014- Text & email saying we were transferred to another center (from TSC to CSC)

09/22/2014- Received electronic NOA2 dated 9/19/2014

12/16/2014- Medical Exam

12/17/2014- Interview: APPROVED

01/17/2015- POE-Houston

03/07/2015- Got married!

03/26/2015- Mailed off Adjustment of Status, Employment Authorization Document & Advanced Parole

04/06/2015- Personal Check cashed, electronic NOA1 for all three

04/13/2015- Received NOA1 hardcopies for all three dated 4/3/2015
04/18/2015- Received NOA for biometrics appointment dated 4/10/2015

04/28/2015- Biometrics appointment in Houston

Timeline

A win - win. Nothing wrong with that.

---and---

Nothing ventured, nothing gained......so why not?

Edited by Texasav8r

02/28/2014 - I-129f Accepted and Routed to Texas Service Center / Я-129F Принято и направляется в сервисный центр Техаса

03/04/2014 - NOA1 Notice Date / NOA1 Уведомление Дата

03/05/2014 - NOA1 Received via Email & Text / NOA1 полученных через электронную почту и текст

03/05/2014 - Check Cashed by TSC / Чек обналичены TSC

03/06/2014 - Alien Registration Number Changed / Регистрационный номер иностранца Изменен

03/08/2014 - Received NOA1 Hard Copy / Поступило NOA1 Печатная

10/09/2014 - NOA2 Received via Email & Text / NOA2 редакцию по электронной почте и текста (219 DAYS!!)

10/14/2014 - Received NOA2 Hard Copy / Поступила NOA2 Жесткий диск

10/16/2014 - Case Shipped to NVC / Дело Отгружено NVC

10/23/2014 - Case Received by NVC / Дело Поступило NVC

10/24/2014 - Case Number Assigned by NVC / Номер дела, присвоенный NVC

10/27/2014 - Case Left NVC for Moscow Consulate / Дело Левый NVC для Москва консульства

10/29/2014 - Moscow Consulate Received Case and Changed Status to Ready / Москва Консульство получил случай и изменила статус Готов

11/24/2014 - Medical Exam / Медицинский экзамен

11/26/2014 - K-1 Interview (Approved!!) / K-1 Интервью (утвержденный!!)

event.png

Timeline

I couldn't agree with you more. In my opinion, this is NOT forcing your case before others, but making the governent aware of the discrepency, therefore helping everyone who's stuck in texas. I have only been waiting a month since my NOA1, but I would have filed long before that, except that there was a problem with items getting lost in the mail and I had some minor financial issues that I've since overcome. Just because someone hasn't been waiting as long as someone else, doesn't make their need to be with their fiance any less important. This forum exists to help us out through these times, but instead all I keep seeing is "Well, you haven't waited as long as I have, so you have no reason to be upset" We are all upset at being away from those we love and want to be with for the rest of our lives. I just got back from a visit with my fiance 2 days ago, and my heart was breaking as soon as I stepped on the bus to take me to the airport. Does that make my pain any less real than someone who hasn't seen theirs for a few months? No. And those of us who are "new" to the process see the long road of separation ahead and it hurts...if we can help the process go faster for everyone, then I say, why not?

I'm going to contact my senator. Not on my behalf, but on behalf of all of those sitting in texas, gathering dust. And maybe, something will come of it, and maybe that will mean they'll start working overtime and move the petitions faster...including mine. And everyone else in this forum.

:) Exactly. By no means am I saying that I want "special" treatment. I would like the system to be fair, and in the off chance fair is not a possibility, then at least improved from the current state.

We pay for this service. We are following the law. I have no qualms about contacting ANYONE prior to an arbitrary 5 month number stated on a website. If others wish to wait patiently, then more power to them. Frankly, nothing will ever change that way.

Timeline

:) Exactly. By no means am I saying that I want "special" treatment. I would like the system to be fair, and in the off chance fair is not a possibility, then at least improved from the current state.

We pay for this service. We are following the law. I have no qualms about contacting ANYONE prior to an arbitrary 5 month number stated on a website. If others wish to wait patiently, then more power to them. Frankly, nothing will ever change that way.

I hope none of you are taking my comments as personal attacks, just conversing as an adult here)))

I read the letter, it is a valiant effort to get things changed. If you were completely selfless and doing it for "the people" then you wouldn't have included your service # or even written the letter anonymously. I mean do you think they were going to look at your letter stating how many hardships you face being away from your significant that you stated then not try to inquire about your case or expedite it?) Lets be real here and call a spade a spade, shall we?

There's nothing wrong with it! yes it is hard to wait and sure the 5 month wait time sucks!

I think that a lot of you do not understand how a service center works. They have metrics to meet (processing times and # of files processed per person), They have team leaders that know CSC is light years a head of them and are definitely catching flak for it. These centers go in cycles, CSC hasn't always been this fast and TSC hasn't always been this slow. A little over a year ago the wait times were around 8 or 9 months. So in reality 5 months is pretty good.

I have no control over what anyone does. I would love to see everyone get approved but at the same time seeing so many people wracking their brains out over the TSC processing lag is unsettling. Just speaking my mind, don't take any of it personal. Good luck and I will stay out of this thread, sorry if I upset anyone)))

11/18/2013 - Filed I-129F
11/25/2013 - NOA1 text/email received
05/01/2014 - NOA2 text/Email received
06/18/2014 - Interview - Approved
07/31/2014 - Point of Entry
10/17/2014 - Married
10/23/2014 - Filed AOS/EAD/AP
11/07/2014 - 3x NOA1 text/emails received

12/05/2014 - Biometrics

12/22/2014 - EAD/AP Approved

01/02/2015 - EAD/AP Card Received

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Netherlands
Timeline
Ok. As requested, here is my letter with sections taken out due to likely changes. Please modify as you see fit and incorporate your own experiences. :)
Dear Senator __________: "date"
I am writing to you as a constituent of "state you live in", specifically "city". I am currently a petitioner for a K-1 Visa/ Form I-129F and would like to bring to your attention a significant discrepancy between USCIS service centers and approvals of form I-129F. My specific reference number of my petition is SRC__________ with a notice date of __________ being processed at the Texas Service Center.
Data from the USCIS website, specifically the search engine for specific forms, shows the National Processing Volumes and Trends as well as the specific service center for more individual data. My complaint lies with the huge discrepancy between the California Service Center and the Texas Service Center in regards to form I-129F. The USCIS data depicts "Pending" petitions around ___"# of petitions from most recent data____" for Texas Center and slightly less than ___"# of petitions from most recent data"___ for the California Center, with data only showing up to "__date data is shown through__"
This discrepancy, for whatever reason, is both unacceptable as well as disheartening.
Whatever the reason for this backlog at the Texas Service Center, whether it be because of the Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (I-821D, aka “DACA”) applications getting priority at the expense of I-129F petitions, lack of adequate staffing, or some other reason, it should be something that is a concern. Not just for those of us going through this ordeal but for all representatives of our country.
The 2 service centers processing times vary by as much as ____ days. The USCIS website is reporting waiting times of 5 months, although this number can apparently be arbitrarily changed as they see fit.
From a personal standpoint, although I understand that time is needed to process each petition, it is remarkably difficult to remain strong over months of uncertainty, having to support two households on two separate continents, the costs of travelling to see one other, the emotional toll of being apart, and the effect the separation is having on my 2 children. The uncertainty of the approval date makes it extremely difficult to plan for a wedding, and for arranging employment once my future husband has arrived. We only wish to begin our lives together and have strictly followed all the rules and regulations in order to accomplish this.
Any assistance you may be able to provide in this matter is greatly appreciated. Not only for myself, but for the hundreds of other couples who are going through this process legitimately and honestly, and yet made to wait months on end for a response and chance to begin a life with the person they love. Thank you for your time and your diligent pursuit of an improved situation.
Sincerely,
"NAME"
"ADDRESS"
email: ____________
phone: ____________

Thats awesome. I think it will help a lot of people who are thinking of doing the same thing.

I put a bold piece of text in there that you forgot to edit out.

Timeline

UPDATE-

NOA2 received today in the mail. Date on it says 5-16-14. I did NOT receive email/text notification nor is it updated on the USCIS website.

So, I contacted my Senator's office on May 8 or 9th, heard from that office on the 14th, and had approval on 5-16-14.

Best of luck to everyone. I honestly think contacting my senator helped a lot.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

UPDATE-

NOA2 received today in the mail. Date on it says 5-16-14. I did NOT receive email/text notification nor is it updated on the USCIS website.

So, I contacted my Senator's office on May 8 or 9th, heard from that office on the 14th, and had approval on 5-16-14.

Best of luck to everyone. I honestly think contacting my senator helped a lot.

I sent a letter to my senator yesterday, based loosely on your letter example (thank you so much!). I hope to hear something back from them soon.

Obviously I'm concerned about my own case, but really, I'm also concerned about ALL of us who are stuck in the mud in the TSC! If we all make a stink about it, maybe they'll do something about it. And yes, I know these things come in "cycles", but it shouldn't. It should be equal across the board. Hire more staff, or transfer files as needed to ensure a fair time frame for all of us.

Timeline

So lighting a fire under their butts actually worked. Very nice. Congrats!!

02/28/2014 - I-129f Accepted and Routed to Texas Service Center / Я-129F Принято и направляется в сервисный центр Техаса

03/04/2014 - NOA1 Notice Date / NOA1 Уведомление Дата

03/05/2014 - NOA1 Received via Email & Text / NOA1 полученных через электронную почту и текст

03/05/2014 - Check Cashed by TSC / Чек обналичены TSC

03/06/2014 - Alien Registration Number Changed / Регистрационный номер иностранца Изменен

03/08/2014 - Received NOA1 Hard Copy / Поступило NOA1 Печатная

10/09/2014 - NOA2 Received via Email & Text / NOA2 редакцию по электронной почте и текста (219 DAYS!!)

10/14/2014 - Received NOA2 Hard Copy / Поступила NOA2 Жесткий диск

10/16/2014 - Case Shipped to NVC / Дело Отгружено NVC

10/23/2014 - Case Received by NVC / Дело Поступило NVC

10/24/2014 - Case Number Assigned by NVC / Номер дела, присвоенный NVC

10/27/2014 - Case Left NVC for Moscow Consulate / Дело Левый NVC для Москва консульства

10/29/2014 - Moscow Consulate Received Case and Changed Status to Ready / Москва Консульство получил случай и изменила статус Готов

11/24/2014 - Medical Exam / Медицинский экзамен

11/26/2014 - K-1 Interview (Approved!!) / K-1 Интервью (утвержденный!!)

event.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

I've only been in the waiting pool for a month, but I just sent a letter to my senator as well (the one who says on his site that he works with federal institutions). I mailed it out this morning, including the form allowing him to contact them on my behalf. So, I expect it to reach him next week. Hopefully it does some good. Obviously, I hope it helps my case, but I wrote on behalf of everyone stuck at tsc. I figure it either helps or nothing happens. It's not going to hurt me any. I also explained that some items I needed got stuck in the mail or I would have filed earlier. Btw, congrats on getting your noa2! That's good news for all of us...hopefully they start moving faster.

Edited by Jewels7377

I am the petitioner.

K1 Visa Timeline

Service Center: Texas Service Center

Transfer: California Service Center (2014-08-11)

Consulate: London, UK

NOA 1: 2014-04-23

NOA 2: 2014-09-15

NVC Case # Assigned: 2014-10-07

Consulate Received: 2014-10-10

Readiness Form Sent: 2014-10-30

Medical: 2014-11-10

Interview: 2014-12-19

Interview Result: missing paperwork. Took a few weeks for them to get back to his case because of the holidays.

K-1 Approval: 2015-01-15

Visa Received: 2015-01-21

US Entry: 2015-01-29

Marriage: 2015-04-23

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.