vincesca

preparing I-130 form

17 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Italy
Timeline

Hi,

I am new to this forum.

I am Italian and I recently got married with my American husband and we are getting all the documents to file the petition.

I have a couple of questions and hope anybody can help me:

- Which kind of evidences of your bona fides marriage did you add? We have the marriage certificate, a joint bank account statement, pictures of the wedding, two affidavits from friends.. Do you suggest that we add anything else?

- Since we got married in Italy the marriage certificate is in italian. Do we have to get it translated from a certified US translator or is if fine if a person that is fluent in both italian and english translates it?

Also, I am a little worried about doing this alone without using a lawyer. Has anyone done this on their own and can you reassure me that we are doing the right thing?

Thanks so much in advance :)

Hey!

First of all Congrats!

you will need your marriage certificate in english, a certified copy.

for my package, i sent in 3 affdavits from my parents and a close friend.

i would recommend you to send in pictures, affidavits, marriage certificate plus joints account statements & supporting documents is a plus.

i sent in a full copy of my wifes passport too.

and you dont have to be scared. its pretty easy. lawyers are just to rip you off. you can do it.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Italy
Timeline

Hi,

I am new to this forum.

I am Italian and I recently got married with my American husband and we are getting all the documents to file the petition.

I have a couple of questions and hope anybody can help me:

- Which kind of evidences of your bona fides marriage did you add? We have the marriage certificate, a joint bank account statement, pictures of the wedding, two affidavits from friends.. Do you suggest that we add anything else?

- Since we got married in Italy the marriage certificate is in italian. Do we have to get it translated from a certified US translator or is if fine if a person that is fluent in both italian and english translates it?

Also, I am a little worried about doing this alone without using a lawyer. Has anyone done this on their own and can you reassure me that we are doing the right thing?

Ciao Francesca,

this is what we sent :

Evidence of Bona Fide Marriage:

• Letter explaining our relationship history, marriage, and our future plans together
  • Copies of affidavits affirmed by third parties having personal knowledge of the bona fides of our marriage
  • Copies of travel documents showing beneficiary’s trips to the United States to visit petitionary (Flight itineraries, passport stamps, boarding passes.)
  • Copy of Chat logs and messages (Skype, Facebook, Google Hangouts, Whatsapp)
  • Photos as evidence to our bona fide relationship and marriage

I would add some pictures of the two of you before the wedding, but I think you have pretty much everything they might need.

Anyone who is fluent both in English and Italian can translate the marriage certificate, however the petitioner or the beneficiary can not translate the document.

USCIS

01-24-2014 - Sent i-130
01-28-2014 - NOA1

02-25-2014 - Expedite approved

03-06-2014 - NOA2

NVC
03-18-2014 - NVC received in the building

04-18-2014 - NVC case number assigned
04-23-2014 - DS-261 completed online

04-25-2014 - I-864(AOS) Bill Generated and paid

04-30-2014 - IV Fee Generated and paid

05-01-2014 - Sent I-864(AOS) Package

05-01-2014 - IV packet sent

05-02-2014 - DS-260 completed online

05-16-2014 - NVC received IV packet and AOS packet
06-14-2014 - AOS Fee changed to N/A
06-14-2014 - Case completed :dancing:
:dancing:

06-24-2014 - Interview scheduled for August 5th at 09:30 am Naples, Italy.

CONSULATE

04-08-2014 - Medical
05-08-2014 - Interview
07-08-2014 - Visa in hand
17-08-2014 - POE

LIFE IN THE U.S :luv:(L)

29-08-2014 - Received SSN via mail

26-09-2914 - Received GREEN CARD

See you in two years USCIS :dancing: :dancing: :dancing: :dancing: (L)
08-03-2016 - My ex-husband divorced me

ROC

08-12-2016 - I-751 Package mailed to California Service Center

08-16-2016 - I-751 Package Received
08-24-2016 - NOA1 Received in the Mail (dated 08-16-2016)

Hi vincesca,

The best places to look are here: http://www.uscis.gov/i-130 and here: http://www.visajourney.com/content/i130guide1

Unfortunately, there is some misinformation in the replies you have already received. USCIS no longer requires certified copies of anything under normal circumstances. Legible and complete copies from a scanner or copy machine will do just fine at this stage. No need to send any original documents either--you will need those later on, but not for the I-130. Source: http://www.uscis.gov/forms/forms-and-fees/general-tips-assembling-applications-mailing

You do need translations and you can see those instructions here: http://www.visajourney.com/content/translations

The USCIS instructions having to do with translations are also in the first link above. I think the term "certified translation" is what throws people off. I've never seen anything stating that the petitioner and beneficiary are not allowed to do the translations. Plenty of people on the forum have translated their own documents.

This forum is better than any lawyer. Don't be intimidated!

USCIS (Priority date April 1, Approval April 17, no RFEs)

March 28, 2014: I-130 sent via FedEx from Bogotá to Chicago Lockbox

April 1, 2014: Delivered to Chicago Lockbox at 10:29 a.m. according to FedEx tracking; signed for by J. CHYBA (date confirmed by My Case Status)

April 4, 2014: NOA1 e-mail received at 12:17 a.m.; case accepted and routed to CSC for processing. Check cashed.

April 17, 2014: Changed mailing address with USCIS Tier 2 representative. He also confirmed that our case had arrived to the CSC and that our NOA1 date is April 3.

April 18, 2014: NOA2 e-mail received at 12:30 a.m. Case status online changed to post-decision activity; date of "last updated" changed to April 17. Change of address e-mail received at 3 a.m. Status changed back to initial review on e-mail and online. Date of "last updated" now April 18. Called and spoke to two Tier 2 reps; both were useless.

April 21, 2014: Approval confirmed verbally by Tier 2 rep. Order put in to send second NOA2 hard copy to new address. Instructed to ignore online case status.

April 25 or 26, 2014: NOA1 hard copy arrives to old apartment in Bogotá. Priority date actually April 1. (April 3 was the notice date.)

May 16: USCIS change of address e-mail received

May 19: USCIS e-mail received saying a duplicate notice was mailed on this date. Case status now set to "Acceptance."

May 22: NOA2 duplicate hard copy arrives to U.S. address

NVC

April 29, 2014: Case received

​May 22, 2014: Case number and IIN assigned. Asked operator about our move from Colombia to Argentina and received instructions.

May 24, 2014: E-mails about embassy change/address change sent to nvcinquiry@state.gov at 4:36 p.m. NVC time

​June 3, 2014: Payment portal message "This case is in the process of termination" appears. DS-261 appears, submitted. E-mails received from NVC concerning case number and AOS bill.

June 4, 2014: AOS payment invoiced, paid; DS-261 received by NVC

June 6, 2014: AOS payment shows as PAID in payment portal

June 17, 2014: Response received from nvcinquiry@state.gov. "The correspondence submitted is currently under review. An appropriate action will be taken once this review is completed."

June 24, 2014: AOS package sent via FedEx overnight shipping from Houston to NVC

June 25, 2014: AOS package delivered at 9:43 a.m. according to FedEx tracking; signed for by F.FNU

July 1, 2014: AOS package scanned

July 18, 2014: Checked payment portal and saw: "CASE NUMBER CHANGE: The applicant's case number, [bGT#], has been changed to [bNS#]." Called and confirmed. Also said today marked 30 business days since NVC received DS-261; operator said she would have that reviewed and make IV payment available ASAP.

August 5: E-mail sent to nvcinquiry@state.gov concerning changing our embassy BACK to Bogotá at 6:41 p.m. NVC time

August 6: IV invoice e-mail FINALLY received at 2:13 a.m. NVC time

August 7: IV payment made available on payment portal; paid

August 8: IV payment shows as PAID in payment portal; DS-260 becomes available

August 14: Checklist received; errors on sponsor's I-864 form and on joint sponsor's I-864A

August 15: DS-260 submitted

August 29: Checklist response and IV package sent via FedEx ground from Houston to NVC

September 4: Checklist response and IV package delivered at 11:21 a.m. according to FedEx tracking; signed for by GPETERS

September 8: Checklist response and IV package scanned

September 10: DS-260 accepted; false checklist received

September 17: E-mail response received from asknvc@state.gov (30 business days/43 calendar days later): Correspondence under review

September 26: Embassy change approved; new case number assigned

October 30: CASE COMPLETE

Embassy

Interview scheduled: Nov. 10 -- Medical: Nov. 25 -- Interview: Dec. 1, 9:30 a.m. APPROVED! -- Visa in hand: Dec. 5 -- POE: Dec. 29 in Houston

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Italy
Timeline

Hi vincesca,

The best places to look are here: http://www.uscis.gov/i-130 and here: http://www.visajourney.com/content/i130guide1

Unfortunately, there is some misinformation in the replies you have already received. USCIS no longer requires certified copies of anything under normal circumstances. Legible and complete copies from a scanner or copy machine will do just fine at this stage. No need to send any original documents either--you will need those later on, but not for the I-130. Source: http://www.uscis.gov/forms/forms-and-fees/general-tips-assembling-applications-mailing

You do need translations and you can see those instructions here: http://www.visajourney.com/content/translations

The USCIS instructions having to do with translations are also in the first link above. I think the term "certified translation" is what throws people off. I've never seen anything stating that the petitioner and beneficiary are not allowed to do the translations. Plenty of people on the forum have translated their own documents.

http://www.***removed***/immigration/document-english-translation.html

Now you have :)

USCIS

01-24-2014 - Sent i-130
01-28-2014 - NOA1

02-25-2014 - Expedite approved

03-06-2014 - NOA2

NVC
03-18-2014 - NVC received in the building

04-18-2014 - NVC case number assigned
04-23-2014 - DS-261 completed online

04-25-2014 - I-864(AOS) Bill Generated and paid

04-30-2014 - IV Fee Generated and paid

05-01-2014 - Sent I-864(AOS) Package

05-01-2014 - IV packet sent

05-02-2014 - DS-260 completed online

05-16-2014 - NVC received IV packet and AOS packet
06-14-2014 - AOS Fee changed to N/A
06-14-2014 - Case completed :dancing:
:dancing:

06-24-2014 - Interview scheduled for August 5th at 09:30 am Naples, Italy.

CONSULATE

04-08-2014 - Medical
05-08-2014 - Interview
07-08-2014 - Visa in hand
17-08-2014 - POE

LIFE IN THE U.S :luv:(L)

29-08-2014 - Received SSN via mail

26-09-2914 - Received GREEN CARD

See you in two years USCIS :dancing: :dancing: :dancing: :dancing: (L)
08-03-2016 - My ex-husband divorced me

ROC

08-12-2016 - I-751 Package mailed to California Service Center

08-16-2016 - I-751 Package Received
08-24-2016 - NOA1 Received in the Mail (dated 08-16-2016)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline

Pictures together from trips, plane tickets, passport stamps, a log showing calls/messages

Met Online - July, 2009
To see our full timeline see "Spolier"

USCIS
Service Center : Nebraska Service Center
Consulate : Dublin, Ireland
Marriage : September, 12th 2012
I-130 Sent : November, 11th 2013
I-130 NOA1: November, 20th 2013
I-130 NOA2 : April, 28th 2014

NVC
Shipped to NVC: May 1st, 2014
Case Received: May 13th, 2014
Case Number Assigned: June 6th, 2014
AOS Bill Paid: June 22nd, 2014
AOS Packet sent Express: June 27th, 2014
AOS Packet Received and signed for by "NVISA*: June 30th, 2014
AOS Packet scanned into system: July 3rd, 2014
IV Bill invoiced and paid: August 7th, 2014
DS260 completed: August 8th, 2014
IV Packet sent Express: August 9th, 2014
ATTEMPTED DELIVERY UNITED STATES 16-Aug-14
11:58 NO ANSWER AT ADDRESS (tried to deliver on a saturday) :lol:

IV Packet Received and signed for by *NVISA CENTER*: August 18th, 2014
IV Packet scanned in: 19th August, 2014
AOS Checklist - August 21st, 2014 http://prntscr.com/4gsyod click link to see the checklist
Fixed AOS (I-864a) Sent to NVC - September 8th, 2014
Fixed AOS Received and signed for by *NVISA CENTER*: September 15th, 2014

CASE COMPLETE - 20th October 2014
Medical Scheduled: November 12th
Interview December 23rd (called October 30th)

Interview Changed to December 8th! (Embassy called me!!)

Interview Result: APRROVED! :dance:

Visa in hand: December 11th!

event.png event.png

I am not familiar with that web site. I'll believe it when I see it stated on a U.S. government web site. There are tons of people on the forum who translated their own documents, included the signed certification and had their petitions approved. If you search, you will find plenty.

Sometimes (I believe this is the case with China) documents do need to be translated by a government office in the country of origin. That is the only exception I am aware of when it comes to being able to do the translations yourself, and I am not even sure if that's at the USCIS stage so I'm not the one to ask about that specific topic.

Edited by Abby&Mario

USCIS (Priority date April 1, Approval April 17, no RFEs)

March 28, 2014: I-130 sent via FedEx from Bogotá to Chicago Lockbox

April 1, 2014: Delivered to Chicago Lockbox at 10:29 a.m. according to FedEx tracking; signed for by J. CHYBA (date confirmed by My Case Status)

April 4, 2014: NOA1 e-mail received at 12:17 a.m.; case accepted and routed to CSC for processing. Check cashed.

April 17, 2014: Changed mailing address with USCIS Tier 2 representative. He also confirmed that our case had arrived to the CSC and that our NOA1 date is April 3.

April 18, 2014: NOA2 e-mail received at 12:30 a.m. Case status online changed to post-decision activity; date of "last updated" changed to April 17. Change of address e-mail received at 3 a.m. Status changed back to initial review on e-mail and online. Date of "last updated" now April 18. Called and spoke to two Tier 2 reps; both were useless.

April 21, 2014: Approval confirmed verbally by Tier 2 rep. Order put in to send second NOA2 hard copy to new address. Instructed to ignore online case status.

April 25 or 26, 2014: NOA1 hard copy arrives to old apartment in Bogotá. Priority date actually April 1. (April 3 was the notice date.)

May 16: USCIS change of address e-mail received

May 19: USCIS e-mail received saying a duplicate notice was mailed on this date. Case status now set to "Acceptance."

May 22: NOA2 duplicate hard copy arrives to U.S. address

NVC

April 29, 2014: Case received

​May 22, 2014: Case number and IIN assigned. Asked operator about our move from Colombia to Argentina and received instructions.

May 24, 2014: E-mails about embassy change/address change sent to nvcinquiry@state.gov at 4:36 p.m. NVC time

​June 3, 2014: Payment portal message "This case is in the process of termination" appears. DS-261 appears, submitted. E-mails received from NVC concerning case number and AOS bill.

June 4, 2014: AOS payment invoiced, paid; DS-261 received by NVC

June 6, 2014: AOS payment shows as PAID in payment portal

June 17, 2014: Response received from nvcinquiry@state.gov. "The correspondence submitted is currently under review. An appropriate action will be taken once this review is completed."

June 24, 2014: AOS package sent via FedEx overnight shipping from Houston to NVC

June 25, 2014: AOS package delivered at 9:43 a.m. according to FedEx tracking; signed for by F.FNU

July 1, 2014: AOS package scanned

July 18, 2014: Checked payment portal and saw: "CASE NUMBER CHANGE: The applicant's case number, [bGT#], has been changed to [bNS#]." Called and confirmed. Also said today marked 30 business days since NVC received DS-261; operator said she would have that reviewed and make IV payment available ASAP.

August 5: E-mail sent to nvcinquiry@state.gov concerning changing our embassy BACK to Bogotá at 6:41 p.m. NVC time

August 6: IV invoice e-mail FINALLY received at 2:13 a.m. NVC time

August 7: IV payment made available on payment portal; paid

August 8: IV payment shows as PAID in payment portal; DS-260 becomes available

August 14: Checklist received; errors on sponsor's I-864 form and on joint sponsor's I-864A

August 15: DS-260 submitted

August 29: Checklist response and IV package sent via FedEx ground from Houston to NVC

September 4: Checklist response and IV package delivered at 11:21 a.m. according to FedEx tracking; signed for by GPETERS

September 8: Checklist response and IV package scanned

September 10: DS-260 accepted; false checklist received

September 17: E-mail response received from asknvc@state.gov (30 business days/43 calendar days later): Correspondence under review

September 26: Embassy change approved; new case number assigned

October 30: CASE COMPLETE

Embassy

Interview scheduled: Nov. 10 -- Medical: Nov. 25 -- Interview: Dec. 1, 9:30 a.m. APPROVED! -- Visa in hand: Dec. 5 -- POE: Dec. 29 in Houston

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

These evidence for marriage is already pretty good. Any kind of proof of comingling of assets is good. You do not need a lawyer. You can do this on your own and now you have VJ members to help you all the way. Just do not hesitate to ask questions. Someone will respond fairly quickly. Please do not send any originals to USCIS. Send only copies (simple Xerox copies, do not need certified copies).

Please check the VJ- I130 Guide (as mentioned in the following post) for a check list of things to send to USCIS.

Excellent advise. We do not need to send originals and or certified copies to USCIS. Also agree that VJ 'rocks'.

Edited by bkghosh

IR-1/CR-1 Visa
Service Center : National Benefits Center; Consulate : Mumbai, India; Marriage (if applicable): 2013-07-05
USCIS
I-130 Sent : 2013-07-20; I-130 NOA1 : 2013-07-26; I-130 Transferred to CSC: 2014-01-13; I-130 Approved: 2014-01-22
NVC
NVC Received: 2014-02-03; AOS Bill Shows PAID: 2014-03-19
NVC Case # and IIN Assigned: 2014-03-11; AOS Package Delivered: 2014-03-21;
Submitted/Completed DS-261 online: 2014-03-12; AOS Package Touched: 2014-03-25;
Receive & Pay AOS Bill : 2014-03-13; AOS Package Approved: 2014-04-08
AOS Package Mailed (USPS Priority): 2014-03-18;
IV Bill:
Receive & Pay IV Bill: 2014-03-24; False Checklist for Civil Documents: 2014-04-07
IV Bill Shows PAID: 2014-03-26; Case Completed at NVC: 2014-04-16;
IV Package Mailed (USPS Priority): 2014-03-26; Case Complete Email Received: 2014-04-23
IV Package Received by NVC: 2014-03-31; Interview scheduled: 2014-05-01;
IV Package Touched: 2014-04-03 (still in review); IL Email Received: 2014-05-01
DS-260 Available/Completed/Submitted: 2014-03-27
Consulate: Mumbai
Fingerprinting & Photo: 2014-05-09 Medicals: 2014-05-19
Interview: 2014-06-04 Visa Approved CEAC Website Status "Issued": 2014-06-05
USCIS ELIS Fee Paid: 2014-06-08 Passport w/Visa Received: 2014-06-09
POE (LAX): 2014-07-20 SS# Received: 2014-07-28
Actual GC received 2014-08-30
CA ID Received: 2014-09-02.
First job in USA (yeeeh!!!) starting: 2014-09-22
Taking driving lessons....!!!!

ROC
Application Sent: 2016-04-26
NOA1:2016-04-28
Biometrics: 2016-06-02 (early walk-in on May 31st)

ROC Approval Email and Online Status Change - 2016-11-07
Google Doc for April 2016 filers: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/12Mb-ALcbwQbYafLj4vFaEMjSGD-wfjtrycs3ul8QlUo/edit?pref=2&pli=1#gid=0

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Italy
Timeline

Hi guys,

I have anoher question. My husband and I are having some doubts about his birth certificate.

You are all saying that we can send copies (xerox) of documents to USCIS.

He has his original birth certificate from when he was born.

Can we use a copy of that or do we have to go to get a copy at the Vital Records Offie (and then xerox it and send it to USCIS)?

thanks again!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Greece
Timeline

Hi guys,

I have anoher question. My husband and I are having some doubts about his birth certificate.

You are all saying that we can send copies (xerox) of documents to USCIS.

He has his original birth certificate from when he was born.

Can we use a copy of that or do we have to go to get a copy at the Vital Records Offie (and then xerox it and send it to USCIS)?

thanks again!

A photocopy of his original birth certificate is just fine. No need to order a certified copy. Keep in mind that all the original or certified copies that you guys will need to provide during the whole process wont be until you get to NVC (National Visa Center) and it will only be documents that pertain to the beneficiary (you) and not the petitioner (your husband).

In our packet we included:

All relevant forms (I-130, G325-A)

Passport pics of myself and my husband

Photocopies of all the pages of my husband's US passport

Photocopy of my passport's bio page

Photocopy of marriage certificate

Photocopy of my husband's divorce decree

To add my 2 cents in about bonafide relationship evidence. What you have right now is perfectly fine. What I would suggest is adding some evidence of your relationship prior to the marriage. What I did was divide our relationship history in trips e.g B's visit to Athens Greece Aug 2011. Under that heading I added 3 pics, copies of boarding passes and passport stamps. It showed a progression of our relationship, (through pics) when I met his family, when he met my family and so on and so forth, all the way up to our marriage.

Skype logs. i printed examples months ( printed out apr 2011 log, than aug 2011 etc), no need to include all of them.

Others had mentioned no need to send chats or emails. We used to use blackberry messenger and I just took screen shots of chat history dates for various months. And one email that was a page long where we were talking about the fact that blackberry messenger wasn't working! lol!

We were approved without a RFE (request for further evidence) and no lawyer was used. The process is not hard, just time consuming!

And welcome to the journey, and good luck!

CR1 Visa

USCIS
08/13/2013 -- I130 Sent
08/14/2013 -- I130 NOA1 (email)

02/20/2014 -- I130 NOA2 (189 days - email)

NVC

02-28-2014 -- NVC received
04-03-2014 -- NVC case number assigned

05-22-2014 -- Case completed!!!!!!!
05-30-2014 -- Interview scheduled for July 16th 2014 08:30am

05-31-2014 -- Interview Letter received
Embassy
06-24-2014 -- Medical

07-16-2014 -- Interview Approved!!!!!
07-21-2014 -- Visa in hand
09-24-2014 -- POE

ROC
09-09-2016 -- I-751 sent
09-17-2016 -- NOA received

10-14-2016 -- Biometric appointment

08-07-2017 -- New card ordered
08-10-2017 -- New card mailed ( still no approval letter)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Italy
Timeline

Thanks Ahsan. Why would you need the legal age affidavit? If you're sending in your Birth Certificate.

2 Affidavit of your self asserting that your of legal age to marry and are joining in marriage with ____ your partner at free will

For the affidavits, will just a few sentence be okay and then have it notarized?

You mentioned that the chat logs etc are not mandatory, but it can only help right? Yes, our marriage is legal and real. We married here in the states, she entered with her C1D visa (Crew visa) and she's been back to work as usual (she's a flight attendant). We had our reception in Vietnam just last month. So that's why I'm very thankful for the support from you guys and all of VJ. I want to kick off my CR1 request as soon as I can. Although I am very fortunate to see my wife, but one day with her every now and then just isn't enough. Thank goodness for Skype and all the technology out there to help us communicate and see each other.

Thanks again for your advice

My husband worked n his C1/D right up until the IR1(CR1) visa was put in his passport... Then he worked using the I551 stamp (given upon entry to the USA) until his GC arrived so no worries... It is not cancelled until another visa is issued.

To the OP... Time spent together in person and face to face is most weighted... So be sure include copies of passport showing entry into Italy, receipts showing stuff you did together etc... But Naples is not super strict at looking at bonified proof (it is not considered a high fraud country ) they are however, known to be sticklers for showing that the immigrant will not become a financial burden (in other words the USC makes enough money)... We self translated everything and had no issues.

10/14/2000 - Met Aboard a Cruise ship

06/14/2003 - Married Savona Italy

I-130

03/21/2009 - I-130 Mailed to Chicago lockbox

11-30-09: GOT GREEN CARD in mail!!!!!!

Citizenship Process;

1/11/2013: Mailed N400 to Dallas Texas

3/11/2013: interview.. Approved

4/4/2013. : Oath! Now a U.S. citizen!

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

***Post with content violating the TOS removed, post minus the content returned below. Administrative Action taken.***

Greetings,

The requirement of chat logs and phone calls or instant messaging are not mandatory. If your marriage is legal and real, than you don't have to worry about sending in your chat logs or video logs and even phone/text logs.

Simple way to proof your marriage is through

- Marriage Certificate registered with your local government where you got married

- 2-4 Affidavits, 2 Affidavit of your self asserting that your of legal age to marry and are joining in marriage with ____ your partner at free will

- Marriage/Reception pictures, with description of what is it you are showing, Don't send them a 40 page album, few are fine, that shows the couple, couple with relatives, friends, gifts, than 3-4 pictures from a vacation or a dinner you guys attended,

- Passport Entry and Exit stamp

- Copy of your tickets

- And if possibly you got pregnant than that's something they can't deny. If you have a doctors report that shows you got pregnant during the time of your stay and after marriage they won't have anything else to question about your marriage and eliminates the requirement sending in pictures, but you should still send like a minimum of 10.

If you have further questions, don't hesitate to ask.

Our journey:

Spoiler

September 2007: Met online via social networking site (MySpace); began exchanging messages.
March 26, 2009: We become a couple!
September 10, 2009: Arrived for first meeting in-person!
June 17, 2010: Arrived for second in-person meeting and start of travel together to other areas of China!
June 21, 2010: Engaged!!!
September 1, 2010: Switched course from K1 to CR-1
December 8, 2010: Wedding date set; it will be on February 18, 2011!
February 9, 2011: Depart for China
February 11, 2011: Registered for marriage in Wuhan, officially married!!!
February 18, 2011: Wedding ceremony in Shiyan!!!
April 22, 2011: Mailed I-130 to Chicago
April 28, 2011: Received NOA1 via text/email, file routed to CSC (priority date April 25th)
April 29, 2011: Updated
May 3, 2011: Received NOA1 hardcopy in mail
July 26, 2011: Received NOA2 via text/email!!!
July 30, 2011: Received NOA2 hardcopy in mail
August 8, 2011: NVC received file
September 1, 2011: NVC case number assigned
September 2, 2011: AOS invoice received, OPTIN email for EP sent
September 7, 2011: Paid AOS bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 9, 2011)
September 8, 2011: OPTIN email accepted, GZO number assigned
September 10, 2011: Emailed AOS package
September 12, 2011: IV bill invoiced
September 13, 2011: Paid IV bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 14, 2011)
September 14, 2011: Emailed IV package
October 3, 2011: Emailed checklist response (checklist generated due to typo on Form DS-230)
October 6, 2011: Case complete at NVC
November 10, 2011: Interview - APPROVED!!!
December 7, 2011: POE - Sea-Tac Airport

September 17, 2013: Mailed I-751 to CSC

September 23, 2013: Received NOA1 in mail (receipt date September 19th)

October 16, 2013: Biometrics Appointment

January 28, 2014: Production of new Green Card ordered

February 3, 2014: New Green Card received; done with USCIS until fall of 2023*

December 18, 2023:  Filed I-90 to renew Green Card

December 21, 2023:  Production of new Green Card ordered - will be seeing USCIS again every 10 years for renewal

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Moved from Progress Reports to Process & Procedures.

Our journey:

Spoiler

September 2007: Met online via social networking site (MySpace); began exchanging messages.
March 26, 2009: We become a couple!
September 10, 2009: Arrived for first meeting in-person!
June 17, 2010: Arrived for second in-person meeting and start of travel together to other areas of China!
June 21, 2010: Engaged!!!
September 1, 2010: Switched course from K1 to CR-1
December 8, 2010: Wedding date set; it will be on February 18, 2011!
February 9, 2011: Depart for China
February 11, 2011: Registered for marriage in Wuhan, officially married!!!
February 18, 2011: Wedding ceremony in Shiyan!!!
April 22, 2011: Mailed I-130 to Chicago
April 28, 2011: Received NOA1 via text/email, file routed to CSC (priority date April 25th)
April 29, 2011: Updated
May 3, 2011: Received NOA1 hardcopy in mail
July 26, 2011: Received NOA2 via text/email!!!
July 30, 2011: Received NOA2 hardcopy in mail
August 8, 2011: NVC received file
September 1, 2011: NVC case number assigned
September 2, 2011: AOS invoice received, OPTIN email for EP sent
September 7, 2011: Paid AOS bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 9, 2011)
September 8, 2011: OPTIN email accepted, GZO number assigned
September 10, 2011: Emailed AOS package
September 12, 2011: IV bill invoiced
September 13, 2011: Paid IV bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 14, 2011)
September 14, 2011: Emailed IV package
October 3, 2011: Emailed checklist response (checklist generated due to typo on Form DS-230)
October 6, 2011: Case complete at NVC
November 10, 2011: Interview - APPROVED!!!
December 7, 2011: POE - Sea-Tac Airport

September 17, 2013: Mailed I-751 to CSC

September 23, 2013: Received NOA1 in mail (receipt date September 19th)

October 16, 2013: Biometrics Appointment

January 28, 2014: Production of new Green Card ordered

February 3, 2014: New Green Card received; done with USCIS until fall of 2023*

December 18, 2023:  Filed I-90 to renew Green Card

December 21, 2023:  Production of new Green Card ordered - will be seeing USCIS again every 10 years for renewal

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Russia
Timeline

Anyone who is fluent both in English and Italian can translate the marriage certificate, however the petitioner or the beneficiary can not translate the document.

Who told you that they cannot? Many people do it themselves. I'm the beneficiary, did the translation myself, certified it, no problem on the way whatsoever.

I'm the beneficiary.

....................................................................................................................................................................

Don't have a timeline? Don't know how to get started with it? Do it for the statistics sake: VJ video guide

Filing for a USC spouse visa (IR-1/CR-1) and not sure what comes next? Check out the VJ IR-1/CR-1 guide

Want to know what's happening with your case? Here's the USCIS tracking page (get an account and see if the case's been 'touched'!). Don't get your hopes up though, some cases never even appear there despite being successfully processed.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.