jbzn77

I-134 questions

3 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

I'm working on my I-134 for my fiancee.

She said I need to send her copies of my bank statements.

Is that really necessary?

I thought I just need to send W2s, income tax returns, and pay stubs.

I make more than the federal poverty level for my state, my W2s will show it.

I figure my income is more than enough and we're good to go.

I'm also going to include a letter from my employer and some info

from my brokerage and retirement accounts.

But checking account statements?

Joe

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I had the past 2 years of tax returns with W-2's, past 6 months of pay stubs, a letter from my employer and I think that's it. I definitely did not have bank statements. I was present during the interview too in case anything came up. This is helpful but not always practical for all. I can work form here plus we had children going through K2 so I didn't expect her to do it solo.

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

I'm working on my I-134 for my fiancee.

She said I need to send her copies of my bank statements. Not required

Is that really necessary?

I thought I just need to send W2s, income tax returns, and pay stubs. Just your most recent tax return and W-2

I make more than the federal poverty level for my state, my W2s will show it.

I figure my income is more than enough and we're good to go.

I'm also going to include a letter from my employer and some info Not needed.

from my brokerage and retirement accounts. Not needed if you income is more than adequate.

But checking account statements?

Joe

No it is not necessary. You only would send bank statements IF you were using assets (savings) to meet the income requirements.

If you income along meets the poverty guidelines of the I-864P then all you need to send is an original I-134 and copies of your most recent tax return and W-2. You don't need to send an an employer letter or pay stubs either. You can include those things but they are not required, and pay stubs are not even asked for at ALL.

Follow the embassy instructions letter for what is required with the I-134.

Edited by Hank_

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.