EightGallon

I intend to Adjust Status VWP

9 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Sweden
Timeline

So no bones about it, no fancy stories about how we accidently intended on staying.

My wife will be coming to the US via VWP.

After 60 days or 70 we intend on filing to adjust status to get around the injust, rediculous, stressfull, defunct, broken, immigration system.

I dont care to hear the lectures about line skipping. From everything I have read USCIS will not deport based soley on preconcieved intent.

We are good people, I am a US citizen and native american. This is a loophole and I intend to use it. She is a EU/Scandinavian citizen, intelligent and 100% fluent in English. Neither of us are criminals, neither of us consider this fraud either. Its not fraudulent to adjust your status thats why it is there.

I also intend to tell the interviewer "youre damned right I intended it" if I am asked. I do not intend on lying, if asked at the border we will tell the truth and deal with the consequences.

Im just wondering, if anyone has admitted their intent regardless of every story the officers have heard I think most of us know the truth of our intent. I think the USCIS does as well.

Ill contact an immigration lawyer on this as well. We could call this a "trial" to see if she likes the US. Which is a part of the truth but if she does we do intend on staying.

I know this topic can be touchy especially for those who did it the "right" way. I have the assets to deal with this if we are rejected and to be honest, I dont really care if we are. This country we live in now is leaps and bounds above what the US has in the way of standard of living. I just want to travel the US without the hassle of having to return every 90 days and I want our future children to be both US citizens and members of my tribe as theyre damned well entitled to be without uncle sam 1) crapping on a bonefied family and 2) violating another treaty promise by saying eveyone else has to.

Ill keep you posted on how it goes, the people at USCIS imo are over worked, given ####### resources by xenophobic politicians and they dont have to tools to satisfy reasonably or effectively enforce our laws. I really feel bad for those folks talk about unthankful jobs.

Ofcourse if the lawyer says admitting it is criminal, I wont do it. Im not afraid of a rejection a jail sentence though does bug me a bit. Which is why I am asking if anyone has ever outright said they intended it from day one.

Edited by EightGallon

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

~ Moved from AOS from Family Based Visas to AOS from Work, Student & Tourist Visas ~

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

What you propose is visa fraud, which is a federal crime.

If your wife informs CBP of her plans to enter and then adjust status, she will rightly be denied entry to the US.

Edited by Hypnos

Widow/er AoS Guide | Have AoS questions? Read (some) answers here

AoS

Day 0 (4/23/12) Petitions mailed (I-360, I-485, I-765)
2 (4/25/12) Petitions delivered to Chicago Lockbox
11 (5/3/12) Received 3 paper NOAs
13 (5/5/12) Received biometrics appointment for 5/23
15 (5/7/12) Did an unpleasant walk-in biometrics in Fort Worth, TX
45 (6/7/12) Received email & text notification of an interview on 7/10
67 (6/29/12) EAD production ordered
77 (7/9/12) Received EAD
78 (7/10/12) Interview
100 (8/1/12) I-485 transferred to Vermont Service Centre
143 (9/13/12) Contacted DHS Ombudsman
268 (1/16/13) I-360, I-485 consolidated and transferred to Dallas
299 (2/16/13) Received second interview letter for 3/8
319 (3/8/13) Approved at interview
345 (4/3/13) I-360, I-485 formally approved; green card production ordered
353 (4/11/13) Received green card

Naturalisation

Day 0 (1/3/18) N-400 filed online

Day 6 (1/9/18) Walk-in biometrics in Fort Worth, TX

Day 341 (12/10/18) Interview was scheduled for 1/14/19

Day 376 (1/14/19) Interview

Day 385 (1/23/19) Denied

Day 400 (2/7/19) Denial revoked; N-400 approved; oath ceremony set for 2/14/19

Day 407 (2/14/19) Oath ceremony in Dallas, TX

Filed: Other Country: Sweden
Timeline

What you propose is visa fraud, which is a federal crime.

If your wife informs CBP of her plans to enter and then adjust status, she will rightly be denied entry to the US.

So is selling pot and facilutating it. Under that definition the state government of Colorado is committing a federal crime. But come on now we both know that this isnt a charged offense. Edited by EightGallon

You'll get no argument from me when you say some laws are spurious and downright silly in places. Still though, you expose you and your wife to possible criminal liability if you follow through with your plan.

Probably nothing would happen, but that's not certain.

Widow/er AoS Guide | Have AoS questions? Read (some) answers here

AoS

Day 0 (4/23/12) Petitions mailed (I-360, I-485, I-765)
2 (4/25/12) Petitions delivered to Chicago Lockbox
11 (5/3/12) Received 3 paper NOAs
13 (5/5/12) Received biometrics appointment for 5/23
15 (5/7/12) Did an unpleasant walk-in biometrics in Fort Worth, TX
45 (6/7/12) Received email & text notification of an interview on 7/10
67 (6/29/12) EAD production ordered
77 (7/9/12) Received EAD
78 (7/10/12) Interview
100 (8/1/12) I-485 transferred to Vermont Service Centre
143 (9/13/12) Contacted DHS Ombudsman
268 (1/16/13) I-360, I-485 consolidated and transferred to Dallas
299 (2/16/13) Received second interview letter for 3/8
319 (3/8/13) Approved at interview
345 (4/3/13) I-360, I-485 formally approved; green card production ordered
353 (4/11/13) Received green card

Naturalisation

Day 0 (1/3/18) N-400 filed online

Day 6 (1/9/18) Walk-in biometrics in Fort Worth, TX

Day 341 (12/10/18) Interview was scheduled for 1/14/19

Day 376 (1/14/19) Interview

Day 385 (1/23/19) Denied

Day 400 (2/7/19) Denial revoked; N-400 approved; oath ceremony set for 2/14/19

Day 407 (2/14/19) Oath ceremony in Dallas, TX

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

If you are asked at the border and you do not lie, then you will not be allowed in. If you are asked at the border and lie to gain entry, then you are committing misrepresentation, which is indeed fraud and a crime.

If they never ask at the border and you get to go ahead freely with your plans, then yay for you?

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

Filed: Country: Monaco
Timeline

So is selling pot and facilutating it. Under that definition the state government of Colorado is committing a federal crime. But come on now we both know that this isnt a charged offense.

You seem to know the law. You appear to understand the reach of what you are proposing to do. You accept it is immigration fraud. You ask no questions. Forgive me if I am wrong, but it seems to me you are trolling, pure and simple.

Good luck whichever your course of action.

200px-FSM_Logo.svg.png

www.ffrf.org

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Topic has been closed to further discussion as the OP freely admits he intends to commit visa fraud, which is a violation of the Terms of Service for participation on Visa Journey. Do not restart this topic.

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.