MissSarah

Medisys Montreal medical review

11 posts in this topic

I had my medical exam this morning at Medisys Montreal. My appointment was for 8:00 a.m.; I arrived there 5 minutes early. I handed the receptionist my passport, three photos, and a copy of my P4 letter. I was given two forms to fill out, fairly straight forward. After handing in the forms I waited about five minutes, then a nurse called my name. I went into a room where she took my height, weight, checked my vision with and without glasses, took my blood pressure and took one vial of blood for the syphilis test. We went over my vaccination record from childhood and the only extra shot I needed to get was the flu shot. After that I went back out into the waiting room, waited about five minutes, then the doctor called me in. He looked over the forms i had filled out, asked me about one of the medications that I take (he asked me what it was for and how it worked, he was probably testing me to see if I understood my condition and the medication). I changed into a robe (waist-up strip only, bra left on) and he checked my blood pressure, eyes, ears, throat, heartbeat and breathing. Then I had to lay on the bed and he felt around my stomach, that was it. I got dressed and went back out into the waiting room. Another five minutes went by and another nurse called my name for the x-ray. I changed into a robe again, had one x-ray taken from the back, and another one from the side. I got dressed, was asked to give a slip of paper to the receptionist, then waited a couple of minutes before they called me up for payment. Total cost was $315.32 (the flu shot was an extra $25.00). I was in and out of there in about an hour - very fast! The staff were quite pleasant, even the first nurse apologized a couple of times because her English wasn't very good, she asked me to speak slowly so she could understand what I was saying. Very professional, not as bad an experience as I thought it was going to be.

AOS (from K-1)

Sent - April 23, 2014
NOA - May 13, 2014
Biometrics - June 6, 2014
EAD/AP Approved - July 18, 2014
EAD/AP Received - July 26, 2014
Waiver Letter Received - August 17, 2014 (dated August 13, 2014)
SR Placed Online - February 14, 2015
EAD/AP Renewal Sent - March 20, 2015
EAD/AP Renewal Received - March 25, 2015
I-485 Approved - March 28, 2015 (e-mail notification)
SR Response Rec'd - March 28, 2015 (dated March 24, 2015)
Card Production Notice - March 31, 2015

Card Mailed - April 7, 2015

Card Rec'd - April 9, 2015

I liked medisys as well. Did you get your results sent to you or are you picking them up?

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

I'll be picking them up next week as I live in Montreal.

AOS (from K-1)

Sent - April 23, 2014
NOA - May 13, 2014
Biometrics - June 6, 2014
EAD/AP Approved - July 18, 2014
EAD/AP Received - July 26, 2014
Waiver Letter Received - August 17, 2014 (dated August 13, 2014)
SR Placed Online - February 14, 2015
EAD/AP Renewal Sent - March 20, 2015
EAD/AP Renewal Received - March 25, 2015
I-485 Approved - March 28, 2015 (e-mail notification)
SR Response Rec'd - March 28, 2015 (dated March 24, 2015)
Card Production Notice - March 31, 2015

Card Mailed - April 7, 2015

Card Rec'd - April 9, 2015

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I had a great time with them. The nurses, doctors and receptionists were all very pleasing. My only complaint, which isn't a complaint and has turned in to a great embarassment story, is that one of the doctors spoke pretty softly and I'm hard of hearing. So, I thought he said take everything off except for my socks and come out for my x-rays. The nurse told me not to bother doing up the gown so I didn't. I walked around that area pretty nude. Turns out I was only supposed to take my shirt and necklace off. Good times.

LOL!! I bet that made for an interesting day for the staff!!

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

• 1 month later...
Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I just got my medical result, I was giving two envelopes, one brown and a small white one stapled together? is it normal for everyone who did their medical at Medisys? Thanks

AOS.....

May 24, 2014 (day 0) Mailed my form I-130, I-485, I-758 via UPS
May 27, 2014 (day 3) Packaged delivered
Jun 11, 2014 (day 18) Txt/email received (Finally)
Jun 16, 2014 (day 23) NOA paper form

Jun 19, 2014 (day 26) Received Biometrics appointment for 07/07/2014

Jun 27, 2014 (day 34) Biometrics done (early walk-in)

Jul 02, 2014 RFE email/txt notification

Jul 07 2014 Receive RFE yellow form, asking for sponsors W2, Tax papers

Jul 22 2014 Mailed RFE response

Jul 24 2014 Received: Evidence Response Review

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Sep 03 2014 EAD Approved

Sep 08 2014 Case moved to Testing and Interview

Sep 11 2014 EAD/AP COMBO CARD Received

Oct 01 2014 Interview scheduled for 11/04/2014

Oct 02 2014 Interview Notice Received for 11/04/2014

Nov 04 2014 Interview(no decision).but got an approval update few hrs later, GC to production.

Nov 07 2014 Welcome to the United State of America notice received

Nov 12 2014 GC Received

----I-751 Removing Conditions------------------------------------------

Aug 08 2016 Mail form I-751 ROC via USPS

Aug 09 2016 Next day Delivery (Package Delivered)

Aug 11 2016 Check Cashed

Filed: Timeline

Yes. The brown envelope you are going to end up keeping. It has your chest x-ray on a cd. It is for your own records, you should not need to present it to anyone from here on out. The second envelope will be kept at your interview by the consulor officer, do not open it. After interview approval, I believe it will be in the loomis package that you will pick up with your passport. You will provide it at the POE. They should also have provided you with a vaccination worksheet for your own records that you will need for the AOS.

• 1 year later...
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Hello VJers, would someone be so kind as to tell me exactly how long the medical took from the time you had your appointment to the time you got your results. I am thinking of flying in to Montreal and having my medical done just prior to my interview. So, I was wondering how many days do I need to be in Montreal prior to my Interview in order to have my results to present at the interview.

Thank you!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Does Medisys requires 3 pictures?

Dr Lyndon requires 1 picture.

I only have 2 pictures for each of us. I am thinking of printing scanned version of the ones I already have, and print them on photo paper from my printer, Since it would be a nightmare to get my toddler to stand still for another picture.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Hello VJers, would someone be so kind as to tell me exactly how long the medical took from the time you had your appointment to the time you got your results. I am thinking of flying in to Montreal and having my medical done just prior to my interview. So, I was wondering how many days do I need to be in Montreal prior to my Interview in order to have my results to present at the interview.

Thank you!!

Hello!!!

They told me between 3 to 4 open days

NOA1 date: 9-22-2014

interview: September 18/ approved

visa received: September, 24, 2015

POE: October,5,2015

AOS/EAD/AP: October 29,2015 

EAD/AP approved:01/26/2016 card received: 02/02/2016

AOS approved:02/02/2016

02/09/2016 GC received

ROC/CITIZENSHIP/Passport-refer to my timeline...

I'm Done now, thank you to this wonderful VJ community ...Good luck to everyone....

happy tom and jerry GIF

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.