Manileña Heart

HELP PLS, question on online interview appointment (K-1 here)

22 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Hi to all,

I'm sorry if I put the topic in the wrong forum. I saw that the earliest available schedule is April 16. So far away :( My question is, if I reserve that appointment for April 16 temporarily online, can I still access the website calendar and keep checking if an earlier date comes up? Because when I called the landline for the interview scheduling, they told me that once I reserve the appointment, I can no longer access nor view the calendar UNLESS I cancel the appointment first. But how can I decide to re-sched if I can't even view the calendar again in the first place right? Can anyone pls advise me on this based on experience? Thanks SO MUCH. More power to VisaJourney and everyone here :)

CnYforever :)

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Which embassy/consulate?

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi to all,

I'm sorry if I put the topic in the wrong forum. I saw that the earliest available schedule is April 16. So far away sad.png My question is, if I reserve that appointment for April 16 temporarily online, can I still access the website calendar and keep checking if an earlier date comes up? Because when I called the landline for the interview scheduling, they told me that once I reserve the appointment, I can no longer access nor view the calendar UNLESS I cancel the appointment first. But how can I decide to re-sched if I can't even view the calendar again in the first place right? Can anyone pls advise me on this based on experience? Thanks SO MUCH. More power to VisaJourney and everyone here smile.png

CnYforever smile.png

Hello! Do you have an online account here? https://cgifederal.secure.force.com/?language=English&country=Philippines

If so, when you log in to the dashboard, you should see the Next Available Schedule on the left hand side of your dashboard. See attached file courtesy of a member in Facebook visa forum. I rescheduled my interview before as well.

PS> A lot of K-1 applicants (for USEM Manila) are wanting to have an earlier schedule so you gotta be fast, really fast...Good luck!

post-166982-0-33151200-1386958594_thumb.jpg

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

~Moved from K-1 Process to Phil. Regional Forum~

~Inquiry is embassy-specific~

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

I'm wondering if anyone has experienced seeing the first available date as being several months away and then when they checked a few days after it changed to the next month or even better, the current month? Does that happen a lot or is that more of a rarity? Thanks!

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi to all,

I'm sorry if I put the topic in the wrong forum. I saw that the earliest available schedule is April 16. So far away sad.png My question is, if I reserve that appointment for April 16 temporarily online, can I still access the website calendar and keep checking if an earlier date comes up? Because when I called the landline for the interview scheduling, they told me that once I reserve the appointment, I can no longer access nor view the calendar UNLESS I cancel the appointment first. But how can I decide to re-sched if I can't even view the calendar again in the first place right? Can anyone pls advise me on this based on experience? Thanks SO MUCH. More power to VisaJourney and everyone here smile.png

CnYforever smile.png

Make things easier for those trying to assist - update your profile and .... "time:

The answer your received is correct, once you select an interview date you can not see the calendar anymore, you have to cancel your existing date to view the calendar, and you are only allowed to re-schedule twice without having to pay a 2nd visa fee.

So if you want to gamble that something earlier may show up then delay scheduling at all for now.... or do the schedule/cancel thing a couple times... which is more gambling.... have fun.

Part of the reason that earlier dates are not available is because those affected by the typhoon are given priority for interviews.

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

very risky to reschedule your appointment. but if you're fast and determined, go give it a try. just remember, there is only a certain number of times you can cancel and if you go beyond that, you will need to pay the MRV fee again to schedule an interview.

Timeline

Before long the earliest date available will be May... an April date will start to look pretty good about then.

Edited by Hank_

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Hank_ I know :( I reserved April 21 just to have a sure fallback date but we will keep checking for an earlier slot. It's just that our timeframe's been reallyyy good so far. And now to be delayed by four months in the interview stage is a real blow. Our timeframe was looking to be like iammrsreg, but now only up to the point of scheduling the interview. We were really hoping that everything will only take 5 months. If it becomes end of April then it becomes 8 months :(

Timeline

Hank_ I know sad.png I reserved April 21 just to have a sure fallback date but we will keep checking for an earlier slot. It's just that our timeframe's been reallyyy good so far. And now to be delayed by four months in the interview stage is a real blow. Our timeframe was looking to be like iammrsreg, but now only up to the point of scheduling the interview. We were really hoping that everything will only take 5 months. If it becomes end of April then it becomes 8 months sad.png

I well understand, accepting the reality sometimes sucks for sure.

Just remember the only way to check for earlier openings is to cancel what you already have... so there is no fall back date.

Heck when we were going through this just our petition took almost 5 months.

After that I followed my well greased plan and we were done in weeks. :lol:

But back then there were not thousands displaced from their homes by a typhoon... and I am totally for those affected getting priority.

Edited by Hank_

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Hank_ you said "Just remember the only way to check for earlier openings is to cancel what you already have... so there is no fall back date." I can see that when I log back in the online site, I can't see the calendar, but I can still the earliest available date stated on the left side. That reflects the earliest possible slot right? Which means, I don't have to cancel first before I see the earliest available date? I can just log in and look at that before I decide to cancel right?

Timeline

Hank_ you said "Just remember the only way to check for earlier openings is to cancel what you already have... so there is no fall back date." I can see that when I log back in the online site, I can't see the calendar, but I can still the earliest available date stated on the left side. That reflects the earliest possible slot right? Which means, I don't have to cancel first before I see the earliest available date? I can just log in and look at that before I decide to cancel right?

yes you can see the earliest opening posted on the side.

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.