kc247

medical review of Dr. Zatzman

7 posts in this topic

I just had my medical done on Friday Dec 6 (yay!). I had it done in Ontario with Dr. Zatzman.

My appointment was scheduled for 9:30am, I got there at about 9:20. The room you go to is on the second floor and is quite small. I went to the desk and told the receptionist I had an appointment with Dr. Zatzman at 9:30 (I had the pleasure of dealing with Michele....), she asked me if I had the right paperwork (without telling me what the 'right' paperwork was..) I said 'yes' (because I knew from reading other reviews what I needed to bring), then she asked what I brought, I was like '...everything' and just handed her my folder of all my stuff so she could sort through it since she wasn't being very helpful. I brought my interview appointment confirmation, packet 4 from Montreal, my immunization records, 1 passport picture, and my passport. She then photocopied a bunch of stuff and it took probably 10 mins. She called the courier to see how much it would be to courier it to Nova Scotia, and that was $25. Then she asked for $240 in cash (CANADIAN cash). Then told me to sit down and wait.

I waited about half an hour before Dr. Zatzman called my name. It was very quick with him, we sat down and he asked me a list of questions, I don't even remember what they were, there were a bunch of them but none of them applied to me, just asking about different diseases and whatnot, asked if I was taking any prescription drugs I think that was the only question I didn't say no to. Then he got me to stand against the door and read the 2nd bottom line of a chart of letters to check my eyes. Then he took my height & weight, took my blood pressure and checked my heart rate. This was all very quick & he made small talk the whole time, talking about how he was from NS as well. After that he took my immunization records and typed them into the computer, this took the longest, he told me only about 50% of the people he see actually have the right vaccinations done and then they can't get the results in time for their interview... so everyone make sure you have the right vaccinations beforehand! After this he gave me a couple forms, one for the bloodwork, and one for the xray, and told me where to go. Very simple process with the Dr!

So I went downstairs and tried to find the blood place, went to the wrong room first but then they told me where to go. You go in & take a number and sit and wait. I probably waited about 10 mins before my number was called, the lady asked for my health card, then looked at the form I gave her, looked slightly confused, then said, 'oh nevermind you pay $7.76 for this' (which I knew already), then said she would be right back, and left for a few mins then came back and I paid with my debit. Then she told me to go to this little cubicle and sit down. I went in and someone came and tied a rubber thing around my upper arm and told me to make a fist, then basically just stabbed a needle in me and took some blood, stuck a bandaid on and told me to go haha. It was very quick & slightly unpleasant.

So then it was on the the Xray! I found that room easily and took a number and sat and waited some more. Waited probably about 10 or 15 mins, then was called & gave the lady my passport and the form I was given & $50 in cash. She then told me for some reason she couldn't put my Nova Scotia address in the computer (...dunno why, they had no problems at the Dr. office with it), so then I had to call my Uncle to get his address in Ontario. Then sat and waited a few more minutes before they called me in. A girl told me to go to a little room with a curtain & take off everything waist up including my bra, & put on a yellow gown that was open at the back. I velcroed it closed and awkwardly waited with the curtain half open until someone came and told me what to do. A nice lady came and got me and took me in a room right across from me and told me to press my chest onto this big machine and put my arms around it, she undid the velcro at the back and told me to breath in and hold it and then breath out. That was it! i went and changed and left. smile.png

The whole process felt like it took forever but it really only took an hour and a half.. of mostly waiting..each thing took only a few minutes for the actual process. I would recommend this place for a medical!

(sorry for the super detailed post I just thought it might be helpful for people who are going to go!)

11/09/2016 - i-751 sent

11/14/2016 - NOA1

12/08/2016 - Biometrics

06/04/2018 - i-751 approved

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Thanks for the review, but I have a totally different question. A bunch of us have submitted our packet 3's through email to montreal and I've noticed that you have an email from Montreal in your timeline that says they emailed you packet 4. What does this email look like? Did you email in your packet 3? It's been almost a month for most of us with no communication whatsoever from Montreal regarding packet 4 - we're all wondering what to expect.

Timeline

Which vaccinations are required for Montreal/how recently do they need to be? Since we're currently stuck in a hell hole of a waiting period, at least we can get those done

Here's his website. http://health1stmedical.ca/%C2'>

Timeline

^^ ####### I wrote a whole paragraph and that's all that showed up. Basically I said go to his website, look up us vaccination info and see what you need. Go to your doctor and get a signed list of your past vaccinations and get a flu shot and keep that record too. http://health1stmedical.ca/

Thanks for the review, but I have a totally different question. A bunch of us have submitted our packet 3's through email to montreal and I've noticed that you have an email from Montreal in your timeline that says they emailed you packet 4. What does this email look like? Did you email in your packet 3? It's been almost a month for most of us with no communication whatsoever from Montreal regarding packet 4 - we're all wondering what to expect.

I submitted packet 3 by mail, I did it before it was done by e-mail. So I just sent it through the mail & got an email about a week later. So I am no help to you about that :(

Which vaccinations are required for Montreal/how recently do they need to be? Since we're currently stuck in a hell hole of a waiting period, at least we can get those done

The website that was posted is great & says all the vaccinations that are needed. I went to the local hospital and got my vaccination records, had to wait about a week. Then got a flu shot & saved the form they gave me. I was lucky enough to have had all the vaccinations, so I didn't need to get any. All the boosters I had got in high school were within the 10 yrs so that was good.

11/09/2016 - i-751 sent

11/14/2016 - NOA1

12/08/2016 - Biometrics

06/04/2018 - i-751 approved

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.