KHnTX

How long to get through NAIA security

26 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Would love to hear back from you as to how the transaction with CFO at NAIA went. Did you reach someone two days before? Did they accommodate you without any hassles both on the phone and in person? How long did it take to check in with CFO NAIA to the time you departed CFO NAIA?

Thanks

Transaction went fine. She called three days before because she wanted to make sure then she called again the day before and they told her to call the morning before the flight just to re-verify. She was instructed to bring a photo copy of the visa and her passport bio page the first time she called. She said they were very nice to her on the phone each time.

Note: bring your own pens, it helps when you have to fill out the disembarkation card before you pay the terminal tax as they have none on the counter provided to fill the card out.

When we were at the counter at Terminal 2 they were very helpful there and we had no hassles. She had to fill out a double sided form and they did whatever they needed to do with her passport, CFO certificate, copies of bio page/visa and CFO registration form I think, while she filled the form out. There wasn't any wait at the desk when we got there but three others beat us to return their forms, so it took less than 15 minutes.

The CFO is counter #5 if I recall correctly and to pay the travel tax is counters #1-3, you start at #1 then pay at counter #3. We started with CFO then paid the travel tax and that took about another five minutes with the number of people in line but they moved them pretty quick.

I have to add that we had four bags to check in so when we unloaded from the van I failed to ask how much the uniformed airport bag porters charged, 100 pesos or $2 US per bag that you pay at a booth before getting to enter the terminal. I would have just carried them all myself if I had known.

Our POE was San Francisco and I didn't see any signs on where we needed to go so we went the the new immigrants line, knowing it wasn't the right one and it only had four people from our flight, the security guard was very cool and said it wasn't the right line but to go ahead and stay there so we blazed through immigration in under five minutes.

And yes PAL still stands for Plane Always Late.

Hope this helps.

Edited by KHnTX

Transaction went fine. She called three days before because she wanted to make sure then she called again the day before and they told her to call the morning before the flight just to re-verify. She was instructed to bring a photo copy of the visa and her passport bio page the first time she called. She said they were very nice to her on the phone each time.

Note: bring your own pens, it helps when you have to fill out the disembarkation card before you pay the terminal tax as they have none on the counter provided to fill the card out.

When we were at the counter at Terminal 2 they were very helpful there and we had no hassles. She had to fill out a double sided form and they did whatever they needed to do with her passport, CFO certificate, copies of bio page/visa and CFO registration form I think, while she filled the form out. There wasn't any wait at the desk when we got there but three others beat us to return their forms, so it took less than 15 minutes.

The CFO is counter #5 if I recall correctly and to pay the travel tax is counters #1-3, you start at #1 then pay at counter #3. We started with CFO then paid the travel tax and that took about another five minutes with the number of people in line but they moved them pretty quick.

I have to add that we had four bags to check in so when we unloaded from the van I failed to ask how much the uniformed airport bag porters charged, 100 pesos or $2 US per bag that you pay at a booth before getting to enter the terminal. I would have just carried them all myself if I had known.

Our POE was San Francisco and I didn't see any signs on where we needed to go so we went the the new immigrants line, knowing it wasn't the right one and it only had four people from our flight, the security guard was very cool and said it wasn't the right line but to go ahead and stay there so we blazed through immigration in under five minutes.

Hope this helps.

Thanks for the update. The information you presented will help many others. Have a wonderful life together.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Congrats on the successful trip. dancin5hr.gif

By the way, what's the telephone number of the CFO desk in NAIA? Thanks.

Also, don't forget to get a disembarkation card when you check in with your airline. They are supposed to give it to you but once they didn't give me one and I had to backtrack from security to the airline counter.

What is the disembarkation card for?

Edited by Leon & Mylen

barata-gif-3.gif

CFO NAIA: 632-879-5685 or 02-879-5685

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Removal of Conditions

Hope this helps.

Thanks for the info guys!my F will be flying by herself on dec 08 and she is freaking out a bit on the time intervals!as usual, PAL just change her flight schedule from a 455am-600am to 655am-810am with her next flight to LAX by 11am..thats the whole point of chossing the earliest flight for her to get everything done, but we dont have a choice!

April 10, 2017       Filed for N-400

April 12, 2017      NOA

April 17, 2017      Check cashed

May 12, 2017       Biometrics scheduled

May 16, 2017      In-Line for Interview

Mar 12, 2018       Received scheduled interview letter

Apr 20, 2018        Scheduled interview

Apr 20, 2018        Naturalization interview APPROVED !!!

Jun 18, 2018       In-line for the Oath Ceremony

CFO NAIA: 632-879-5685 or 02-879-5685

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

What is the disembarkation card for?

It's a short form you fill out giving immigration information as to who you are and what your business was while staying in the Philippines. You can see a snap shot of the form here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:PhilippineEmbarkationCard.jpg

It's nothing to worry about as it takes 5 min to fill out. I filled mine out while standing in line for immigration.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

• 2 weeks later...

Im planning to get my sticker on saturday because my hubby wants me to have a flight right after i got my visa,,:D lol, we didn't buy a ticket yet, waiting for visa tomorrow,. Hehehe

Im planning to get my sticker on Saturday because my hubby wants me to have a flight right after i got my visa,,biggrin.png lol, we didn't buy a ticket yet, waiting for visa tomorrow,. Hehehe

If you plan on getting your CFO sticker at NAIA then following the directions as stated in this thread. Good luck and have a wonderful life. Welcome to America. dancin5hr.gif

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.