s1faulk

Does Fiance need to take 3 year old son to K-1 interview?

31 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hello VJ Family,

I have a question regarding my Fiance's 3 year old son, he was listed on the I-129F that was submitted with our original packet and we do plan on bringing him to the states when both Visa's are approved. We are at the point now that we just received the MNL # from the NVC after 5 weeks of waiting. After we pay the Visa's fee's for both her son and my Fiance and schedule an online interview with Embassy then go thru SLEC and pray all goes well.

* Does my Fiance need to bring the 3 year old to the interview at the Embassy?

* Also will we need to schedule a separate interview for him at the Embassy?

* Am i missing anything but the CFO?

Any help you can provide would be appreciated.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

~Moved from K-1 Process to Phil. Regional Forum~

~Inquiry is embassy-specific~

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

Hello VJ Family,

I have a question regarding my Fiance's 3 year old son, he was listed on the I-129F that was submitted with our original packet and we do plan on bringing him to the states when both Visa's are approved. We are at the point now that we just received the MNL # from the NVC after 5 weeks of waiting. After we pay the Visa's fee's for both her son and my Fiance and schedule an online interview with Embassy then go thru SLEC and pray all goes well.

* Does my Fiance need to bring the 3 year old to the interview at the Embassy? YES. Pay for and schedule two interviews (same date and time preferribly) and then both show up at the time of mother's interview.

* Also will we need to schedule a separate interview for him at the Embassy? YES. See above. Be sure to have all docs for both K1 and K2 separately.

* Am i missing anything but the CFO? Both have to have medical exams. Both have to have CFO stamps in their passports, although the 3 year old does not have to attend any seminar at the CFO. Mother will bring all docs + child's passport to the CFO to obtain the stamp.

Everything from here forward is for two separate individuals (K1 and K2). If I remember correctly, the only time it was combined was at the Petition step. I also did a K1 and K2 at the same time. Hope this helps.

01/12/2013: POE
02/14/2013: MARRIED ON VALENTINE'S DAY!
03/18/2013: AOS Sent via USPS Express Mail
03/28/2013: NOA - AOS, AP, EAD
04/25/2013: Biometrics

05/28/2013: RFEs for EADs and APs

06/17/2013: AOS Interviews. Approved

06/26/2013: Green Cards Received! (APs and EAD also received but not needed)

Removal of Conditions

===================================

03/25/2015: Mailed I-751

04/06/2015: NOA1

05/05/2015: Biometrics

07/27/2015: RFE

09/07/2015: RFE Response - Additional Evidence Sent

11/19/2015: Interview - APPROVED!

12/15/2016: Green Cards Issued!

Timeline

sIx7one,

I think i may have messed up! What is needed for the K-2? I have everything done on the K-1 where I made sure that her son was listed and would be joining us after the visa's were approved, Do I need to file a separate K-2? Boy i hope i have not dropped the ball because it has taken a long time to get here, thank you in advance.

sIx7one,

I think i may have messed up! What is needed for the K-2? I have everything done on the K-1 where I made sure that her son was listed and would be joining us after the visa's were approved, Do I need to file a separate K-2? Boy i hope i have not dropped the ball because it has taken a long time to get here, thank you in advance.

If you listed the child on the I-129F you should be fine. The I-129F is the only time the K1 and K2 are combined on any form. You'll have one case number for both individuals, but once you get it everything forward is separate because both will be issued separate visas.

All documents required for the INTERVIEWS for the K1 are also required for the K2. In other words, when both show up for their interview both should have their own printed schedule, DS form and Affidavits of Support.

Removal of Conditions

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hello VJ Family,

* Does my Fiance need to bring the 3 year old to the interview at the Embassy?

* Also will we need to schedule a separate interview for him at the Embassy?

* Am i missing anything but the CFO?

The process for the K2 is the same as for the K1 (with very minor differences), two visa fees, schedule two interviews, two medicals and so on.

Yes both need to attend the interview. When your fiancee schedules her interview online near the end it will if you want to schedule another interview, this is when you do the k2.

Both need the CFO sticker except the boy only needs to be registered, he does not need to attend the seminar.

For sure follow the embassy instructions letter

Links and more info in my link below... follow the flashing arrow.

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Timeline

sIx7one,

Did you already schedule your fiancee's interview? And not schedule for her son? You may need to contact the embassy to get him added.

Your fiancee will do two DS-160 forms, one for herself, one for her son (yes you can help with this form)

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Timeline

six7one,

Thank you I was getting worried that I had forgot a big step in the visa process the only recovery I will have to do is get a 2nd Signed I-134 out to my Fiance and she can get copy the rest of the docs from the packet that i just sent and put a 2nd package together for her son even through I listed him on the original I-134 also.

Sincerest,

Regards

Welcome. Always keep in mind that now they'll be separately processed as a K1 and a K2. Same goes when its time to do the AOS. You'll do two. Good Luck, you're almost there.

Removal of Conditions

Timeline

Hank,

No appt has been scheduled yet my Fiance is going to pay the visa's fee today when the bank opens I have been using your site as as my guideline missed the fact that the had to to be treated as 2 separate files. The packet had just sent I combined everything together. Thank you again for the help.

Question, the father of the boy is nowhere in the picture (rumored he pasted away) and can not be found. I have not read anything needed from the father do you of know of anything that might be needed from the father?

Sincerest Regards

Be sure she pays for two interviews and keeps both receipts. They will both need their individual receipts come interview time.

In regard to the father, if the mother was never married to the father then there will be no issue. In the Philippines, the mother has sole authority of the child as long as she was not married at the time of the child's birth. The father can be listed on the child's BC, but so long as they were not married she will still have sole authority even if the child carries the father's last name.

Removal of Conditions

Timeline

six7one,

The mother was never married and the father is not listed on the birth certificate also so it sounds that there will be no issue there, just want to thank people like yourself and Hank on this site you are both awesome I am trying to repay other with in the same way you have helped me.

Sincerest Regards

Steve

Timeline

Hank,

No appt has been scheduled yet my Fiance is going to pay the visa's fee today when the bank opens I have been using your site as as my guideline missed the fact that the had to to be treated as 2 separate files. The packet had just sent I combined everything together. Thank you again for the help.

Question, the father of the boy is nowhere in the picture (rumored he pasted away) and can not be found. I have not read anything needed from the father do you of know of anything that might be needed from the father?

Sincerest Regards

When doing the scheduling of the interview, like said, it will ask about scheduling another and that is when the boy 's interview is added (for the same date and time)

No nothing is needed from the father, 99% of the time the mother has sole custody of the children.

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Timeline

Hank, I will make sure we do that when my Fiance and I make the appt, another great tip to keep the us on track as always thank you.

Sincerest Regards

Steve

Filed: Timeline

hi...I seem to have a problem making a new post and found this thread to be very helpful for my own situation too.

similar exactly as the post owner's question--only that my daughter is a follow-to-join situation from the I-29f..

I just want to confirm that basically my child will now start with her own medical, interview and cfo process to get the k2 visa? as she is listed in the approved petition with the same MNL case # as mine..hope to hear from you...six7one or hank_

my apologies for intruding and thank you for taking time to rea

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.