Radvill

Can I petition through DCF if I (the US Citizen) only have a Balikbayan Visa in the Philippines?

6 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

I just found out about DCF and I'm so happy. But I realized I have one dilemma in applying for my husband to return to the US with me. I do not currently have permanent residency in the Philippines. I currently have a 1 year Balikbayan visa. I have lived in the Philippines for 3 years (had tourist visa for 2, and now Balikbayan for 1). Does anyone know if they allow me to go through DCF with a Balikbayan visa?

Thank you for your wonderful help and info!

You're fine :) My husband had balikbayan visa. I suggest to gather some Philippine ID like Postal ID, NBI, Driver's License (if you have US license, you can have it converted in LTO East Avenue) and ACR ID. If you have utility bills under your name will be a plus too.

I-130/IR-1 visa by Direct Consular Filing in Manila, Philippines:

March 19, 2013 - Married in Philippines
September 18, 2013 - I-130 filed

September 24, 2013 - RFE (Divorce Decree)

September 27, 2013 - APPROVED

October 7, 2013 - Manila Case Number Issued

October 7, 2013 - Completed online DS-260

October 7, 2013 - Scheduled Interview (November 7, 2013 since I am still outside PHL) and Pre-registered Medical

October 31, 2013 - First Day of Medical

November 4, 2013 - Second Day of Medical (No vaccinations since I am preggo) PASSED!

November 7, 2013 - Interview VISA APPROVED!

November 7, 2013 - Checked visa status in CEAC: ISSUED!

November 14, 2013 - VISA ON HAND :)

You're fine smile.png My husband had balikbayan visa. I suggest to gather some Philippine ID like Postal ID, NBI, Driver's License (if you have US license, you can have it converted in LTO East Avenue) and ACR ID. If you have utility bills under your name will be a plus too.

Hi, I was just wondering, since I'm coming back to the PI, which will I need, the residency or the balikbayan visa? My fiance and I are getting married over there, since he was refused of the K1 visa. I was planning on working over there and stay for 5 months, but then, I just found out about this DCF. Do I really need to stay there for 6 mos?

On October 2013, our I-129F Refused under 221(g)

So our son and I went back home to the PHL..

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

June 10, 2014 - Marriage

CR1 Filing under DCF ;)^_^ :whistle:

08/05/2014 - Submitted I-130 at the USEM. :yes:

08/08/2014 - NOA2 :dance:

08/11/2014 - Emailed Packet 3 & Case Number. :rolleyes:

09/05/2014 - Completed Medical at SLEC. :thumbs:

09/12/2014 - Interview [Approved]! :dancing:

09/19/2014 - Visa RECEIVED! :jest:

10/19/2014 - POE ATL! :wub:

heart.gif

Hi, I was just wondering, since I'm coming back to the PI, which will I need, the residency or the balikbayan visa? My fiance and I are getting married over there, since he was refused of the K1 visa. I was planning on working over there and stay for 5 months, but then, I just found out about this DCF. Do I really need to stay there for 6 mos?

I have a friend wherein her husband only stayed here in Philippines for 4 months but their petition is approved (CR1 Category). As long as you have lots of Philippines ID you guys will be ok :) Make sure your name (USC) should be in your utility bills.

I-130/IR-1 visa by Direct Consular Filing in Manila, Philippines:

March 19, 2013 - Married in Philippines
September 18, 2013 - I-130 filed

September 24, 2013 - RFE (Divorce Decree)

September 27, 2013 - APPROVED

October 7, 2013 - Manila Case Number Issued

October 7, 2013 - Completed online DS-260

October 7, 2013 - Scheduled Interview (November 7, 2013 since I am still outside PHL) and Pre-registered Medical

October 31, 2013 - First Day of Medical

November 4, 2013 - Second Day of Medical (No vaccinations since I am preggo) PASSED!

November 7, 2013 - Interview VISA APPROVED!

November 7, 2013 - Checked visa status in CEAC: ISSUED!

November 14, 2013 - VISA ON HAND :)

I have a friend wherein her husband only stayed here in Philippines for 4 months but their petition is approved (CR1 Category). As long as you have lots of Philippines ID you guys will be ok :) Make sure your name (USC) should be in your utility bills.

OMG! Really?!? Cause that would be wonderful if they could accept our application a month or two early. But either way, we'll try to do it this way since I'll be going there and staying the for 5 mos. I'm glad I found out about this.

Thank you so much! :)

On October 2013, our I-129F Refused under 221(g)

So our son and I went back home to the PHL..

June 10, 2014 - Marriage

CR1 Filing under DCF ;)^_^ :whistle:

08/05/2014 - Submitted I-130 at the USEM. :yes:

08/08/2014 - NOA2 :dance:

08/11/2014 - Emailed Packet 3 & Case Number. :rolleyes:

09/05/2014 - Completed Medical at SLEC. :thumbs:

09/12/2014 - Interview [Approved]! :dancing:

09/19/2014 - Visa RECEIVED! :jest:

10/19/2014 - POE ATL! :wub:

heart.gif

• 3 weeks later...
Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

You're fine smile.png My husband had balikbayan visa. I suggest to gather some Philippine ID like Postal ID, NBI, Driver's License (if you have US license, you can have it converted in LTO East Avenue) and ACR ID. If you have utility bills under your name will be a plus too.

Thank you! I think I just responded to another forum with your info in it :) I didn't get a notification for this... maybe I forgot to follow it! So I have been wondering and researching permanent residency for quite a while! This is great to know. I appreciate your help! Congrats to you two!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.