Dreamers

K3.....Really?

86 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Dreamers - once you have that privacy release form in place,

I got a lot of 'action' with my ILS about my expedite. I think she got tired of me, taking up her phone time, emailing in to her, and faxing her for status updates. But - I do remember - I talked with her a LOT about that expedite- and she worked hard on it, a month's span for the duration. Ya, i know, in the end, it didn't matter, but she was talking to them (the local USCIS office congressional liason human )

So, if you just started convo with your ILS human, KEEP AT IT ! (IMO).

FWIW, I chronicled all the stuff I did during the I-130 stage over at

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/394282-filed-i-130-yesterday/

I suggest you read it, there might be some nuggets there for you.

Edited by Darnell

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

i was thinking about filling the K3 visa. I am about to file I-130 but when i call the USCIS, they said if i should go ahead and file the k3, it will delay and prolonged the I-130, so it was advised to just file the I-30 and wait to be approved.

Anybody takes on this?

Cuz i understand it take 9 months to a yr to get a spouse visa from start to finish. So I was wondering if the K3 visa will be appropriate or just wait patiently for the spouse visa to be approved.

As a technicality, the K3 visa is a spousal visa. It takes just as long, normally, as the CR1/IR1 and the latter is the superior visa by far.

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Tunisia
Timeline

good.gif

1st email from USCIS 11:00 a.m.

The last processing action taken on your case Receipt Number: MSCXXXXXXXXXX Application Type: I129F , PETITION FOR FIANCE(E)Your Case Status: Post Decision ActivityOn October 16, 2013, your I129F, PETITION FOR FIANCE(E) was terminated because you acquired status or the benefit being sought through other means.  No further action will be taken on this case.

I started crying... "was terminated" ?

cray5ol.gif

2nd emai 11:30 a.m.

The last processing action taken on your case

Receipt Number: MSCXXXXXXXXXX

Application Type: I130 , IMMIGRANT PETITION FOR RELATIVE, FIANCE(E), OR ORPHAN

Your Case Status: Initial Review

On October 16, 2013, your Alien Registration Number was changed relating to your I130, IMMIGRANT PETITION FOR RELATIVE, FIANCE(E), OR ORPHAN.

Please check our website at www.uscis.gov for further updates on your case.

3rd email 4:30 p.m

Receipt Number: MSCXXXXXXXXXX Application Type: I130 , IMMIGRANT PETITION FOR RELATIVE, FIANCE(E), OR ORPHAN

Your Case Status: Post Decision Activity On October 16, 2013, we mailed you a notice that we have approved this I130 IMMIGRANT PETITION FOR RELATIVE, FIANCE(E), OR ORPHAN.

Wow, i am speechless! REALLY rofl.gif can you believe that?! me speechless... LOL

post-167745-0-70005300-1381980225_thumb.gif

Edited by Dreamers

"The waiting is the hardest part...." ---Tom Petty

event.png

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Congratulations ! W00t!

OMG - USCIS cancelled the I-129F instead of NVC.

That is SO COOL that the I-130 was approved !!! I'm so happy for you !!!

GoGoGadget OnToNVC !

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Poland
Timeline

The last processing action taken on your case Receipt Number: MSCXXXXXXXXXX Application Type: I129F , PETITION FOR FIANCE(E)Your Case Status: Post Decision ActivityOn October 16, 2013, your I129F, PETITION FOR FIANCE(E) was terminated because you acquired status or the benefit being sought through other means.  No further action will be taken on this case.

cray5ol.gif

On October 16, 2013, your Alien Registration Number was changed relating to your I130, IMMIGRANT PETITION FOR RELATIVE, FIANCE(E), OR ORPHAN.

Receipt Number: MSCXXXXXXXXXX Application Type: I130 , IMMIGRANT PETITION FOR RELATIVE, FIANCE(E), OR ORPHAN

Your Case Status: Post Decision Activity On October 16, 2013, we mailed you a notice that we have approved this I130 IMMIGRANT PETITION FOR RELATIVE, FIANCE(E), OR ORPHAN.

Wow, i am speechless! REALLY rofl.gif can you believe that?! me speechless... LOL

Yay! Congrats, Dreamers :) :) :)

Can you tell me where were both petitions routed? Missouri and/or Kansas?

So happy for you!

4533828f9f.png

When two people are meant for each other, no time is too long, no distance is too far, no one can ever tear them apart.

USCIS: NVC:

6/21/2013 -Married in Stockholm, Sweden 4/16/2014- Case received at NVC

9/6/2013 -Priority Date 5/13 /2014- Case number and IIN assigned

2/25/2014 -Transferred to NSC 5/20/2014- DS-261 completed

3/31/2014 -Approved 5/21/2014- AOS fee invoiced and paid

5/22/2014- AOS package overnighted to NVC

5/28/2014- AOS scanned into the system

6/20/2014- IV invoice email (but fee still locked on CEAC )

6/23/2014- IV fee finally unlocked and paid.

IV package overnighted to NVC

6/30/2014- IV scanned in. DS260 completed.

7/1/2014- AOS accepted

7/2/2014- False checklist (AOS reviewed)

8/1/2014 False checklist (attorney's G28 reviewed)

8/2/2014 False checklist (NVC not sure why it was generated)

I am the beneficiary. 8/12/2014 CASE COMPLETE!

8/26/2014 Medical

9/2/2014 Interview... APPROVED!!!

9/5/2014 Visa in hand

Removal Of Conditions:

10/29- Package sent to VSC

11/1 - NOA1

11/17- Received biometrics appointment letter

11/30- Biometrics appointment

cray5ol.gif

CONGRATS !!! What a rollercoaster day for you !!! But thanks for posting because now everyone can see how they handle things..

Can you tell me where you were approved? Missouri? Kansas? And where did your K-3 go?

Sorry for all the questions.. And please fill out your timeline so we can all see the approval on Igor's list !! THANKS !!!!

Married March 9, 2013
NOA1 I-130 April 12, 2013

Transferred to TSC Nov 27, 2013
APPROVED March 18, 2014 FINALLY ! ! ! !! 11 MONTHS & 6 LONG DAYS FOR MY NOA2
Case shipped from TSC to NVC March 21, 2014
Rec'd NOA2 hard copy March 22, 2014
Case rec'd & Case Number assigned April 1, 2014
AMAZING !!!
PAID IV and AOS fees online April 5, 2014
Fees show paid/DS 260 avail. /DS260 submitted/AOS&IV pkg sent April 9, 2014
FEDEX delivered @ NVC April 11, 2014
Revised AOS pkg delivered April 15, 2014
AOS & IV rec'd& scanned in @ NVC April 15, 2014
Revised AOS scanned April 18, 2014
AOS checklist for income and IV pkg April 30, 2014 (checklist expected due to Lawyers mistakes)
DS260 accepted April 30, 2014
Checklist for Birth cert/police cert May 1, 2014
AOS accepted May 5, 2014

Birth cert scanned MAY 8, 2014

CASE COMPLETE JUNE 4, 2014 CC letter received via email June 11, 2014

INTERVIEW JULY 15, 2014

Waiver finally FedEx'd to Phoenix Lockbox August 21, 2014

WAIVER APPROVED December 17, 2014

Received Instruction Letter via email December 23, 2014

Final Embassy Appointment January 5, 2015 YAY !

Visa ISSUED January 12, 2015

event.png

event.png

Timeline

CONGRATS !!! What a rollercoaster day for you !!! But thanks for posting because now everyone can see how they handle things..

Can you tell me where you were approved? Missouri? Kansas? And where did your K-3 go?

Sorry for all the questions.. And please fill out your timeline so we can all see the approval on Igor's list !! THANKS !!!!

Our Journey: (so far)

Jan 9, 2013

I left Tunisia, returned to the St. Louis Missouri area, Illinois side. cray5ol.gif

May 28, 2013 Finally sent I-130 off to Chicago Lock-box via express mail and all required paperwork, photos etc. Notarized affidavits from 3 people to show we were "really in love" (one was from my 22 year old son who has a traumatic brain injury) Photos, convos and anything i could find that tied us together. Of course all Tunisian documents were translated into English.

May 30, 2013 1-797C received from I-130: Noted this came from NBC-Overland Park Kansas

June 17, 2013 Filed the I-129f and corresponding paperwork to Lewisville, Texas Lock-box via express mail.

June 19, 2013 I-797C recieved from I-129f: Noted this came from NBC-Lee's Summit, Missouri

June 28, 2013 Called to expedite the I-129f (We qualified for 2 of the criteria for expedite services.)

July 2013 (not sure when) USCIS sent our 1-130 to Lee's Summit, Missouri so both our I-129f and I-130 were together @ Lee's Summit

July 19, 2013 Letter received referring to the 129f from expedite team requesting more documents.

July 29, 2013 Faxed 27 pages to the expedite team (Note: 2 explanatory pages with 25 supporting documents) to Lee's Summit, Mo.

August 16, 2013 Called to expedite the I-130 (NOTE: The USCIS customer service person said, they don't necessarily expedite the 130 so she entered under TYPE OF SERVICE REQUESTED: OTHER TIER 1 - on our 129f it said under TYPE OF SERVICE REQUESTED: Expedite)

September 2013 No movement or word about expedite.

October 10, 2013 Contacted our Sen. ####### Durbin, Sen. Mark Kirk and Congressman John Shimkus offices filled out releases to have them contact USCIS about our cases.

October 16, 2013 USCIS terminated our 129f and approved our 130

A BIG THANK YOU TO KATIE at Sen. Mark Kirk's office, I believe she gave them a nice but firm push for them do so something before we lost our home. We can never Thank her enough. star_smile.gif

Edited by Dreamers

event.png

Timeline

Congratulations ! W00t!

OMG - USCIS cancelled the I-129F instead of NVC.

That is SO COOL that the I-130 was approved !!! I'm so happy for you !!!

GoGoGadget OnToNVC !

i'm crying...not just for us....for everyone who is still waiting... (its horrible to be in limbo and not know!)

Thank you so much heart.gif

event.png

Timeline

And please fill out your timeline so we can all see the approval on Igor's list !! THANKS !!!!

I'm sorry.....i can't figure the timeline out so i wrote it all out for you..lol idea9dv.gif

event.png

Timeline

Dreamers - once you have that privacy release form in place,

I got a lot of 'action' with my ILS about my expedite. I think she got tired of me, taking up her phone time, emailing in to her, and faxing her for status updates. But - I do remember - I talked with her a LOT about that expedite- and she worked hard on it, a month's span for the duration. Ya, i know, in the end, it didn't matter, but she was talking to them (the local USCIS office congressional liason human )

So, if you just started convo with your ILS human, KEEP AT IT ! (IMO).

FWIW, I chronicled all the stuff I did during the I-130 stage over at

I suggest you read it, there might be some nuggets there for you.

Sweet Darnell,

THANK YOU so so much for your insight and vigil, That meant so much to me! ((((((((((((HUGS)))))))))

goofy.gif

event.png

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Poland
Timeline

i'm crying...not just for us....for everyone who is still waiting... (its horrible to be in limbo and not know!)

Thank you so much heart.gif

Only happy tears today, girl!

No worries, we will all get approved soon too :)

Again, congrats :)

4533828f9f.png

When two people are meant for each other, no time is too long, no distance is too far, no one can ever tear them apart.

USCIS: NVC:

6/21/2013 -Married in Stockholm, Sweden 4/16/2014- Case received at NVC

9/6/2013 -Priority Date 5/13 /2014- Case number and IIN assigned

2/25/2014 -Transferred to NSC 5/20/2014- DS-261 completed

3/31/2014 -Approved 5/21/2014- AOS fee invoiced and paid

5/22/2014- AOS package overnighted to NVC

5/28/2014- AOS scanned into the system

6/20/2014- IV invoice email (but fee still locked on CEAC )

6/23/2014- IV fee finally unlocked and paid.

IV package overnighted to NVC

6/30/2014- IV scanned in. DS260 completed.

7/1/2014- AOS accepted

7/2/2014- False checklist (AOS reviewed)

8/1/2014 False checklist (attorney's G28 reviewed)

8/2/2014 False checklist (NVC not sure why it was generated)

I am the beneficiary. 8/12/2014 CASE COMPLETE!

8/26/2014 Medical

9/2/2014 Interview... APPROVED!!!

9/5/2014 Visa in hand

Removal Of Conditions:

10/29- Package sent to VSC

11/1 - NOA1

11/17- Received biometrics appointment letter

11/30- Biometrics appointment

• 3 weeks later...
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Hi all,

Usually it is the people that have been through the same case are the people that can give good advice. Please, if you have never been thru it don't argue much.

My wife recently joined me on a K3 visa and our green card interview is next week September 2013, K3 visa applies to those who are already married and wants to speed up the process to be together. The USCIS won't lead you to the wrong thing nor lie to you, yes it a little more expensive but a faster way to bring your spouse.

Some of the members think that K3 visa is obsolete. They are wrong, I have been through the process and my wife is here now, the type of visa on her passport says K3.

Good luck on your journey

Salam brother, how long did it actually take you for I-129F process? from petition to NOA2 and also how long did it take you after NOA2?

You are giving me hope brother, my wife is in Morocco and it has been almost 4 months that I filed I-130 and I-129F?

11/17/2016: Got engaged
11/28/2016: I-130 sent to Chicago IL lock box
01/12/2016: NOA1

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.