cornwallloz

AOS vaccination records and I-693

6 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Ok so I arrived in the states on my K1 visa, and I have almost completed my AOS and employment authorisation forms. I had my medical in London, and have a copy of my vaccination records from them - all up to date, I don't need any more vaccinations before applying for AOS.

What I can't work out is whether or not I actually need to submit the I-693 or not. The instructions sort of make it sound like I just need to include the vaccination supplement from my London medical (the DS-3025)...and then others make it sound like I still need to fill out the I-693. But there doesn't seem to be very much that I could fill out myself - as most of it comes under the heading "to be completed by civil surgeon".

So just send in the copy of vaccination record given to me at my London medical? Or am I supposed to fill out the I-693?

Thanks for the help...much confused :/

You need to go to a civil surgeon and have the vaccination supplement transcribed onto your I-693, but you do not need the full medical to be completed if you've had it done outside the US within the past year.

Some civil surgeons will refuse to perform such a transcription and will insist that you need to have a complete medical performed. Those people are wrong, and you should avoid going there.

Call around to some civil surgeons near you and specifically ask for your DS-3025 to be transcribed onto an I-693. You can usually get this done for under $50.

Widow/er AoS Guide | Have AoS questions? Read (some) answers here

AoS

Day 0 (4/23/12) Petitions mailed (I-360, I-485, I-765)
2 (4/25/12) Petitions delivered to Chicago Lockbox
11 (5/3/12) Received 3 paper NOAs
13 (5/5/12) Received biometrics appointment for 5/23
15 (5/7/12) Did an unpleasant walk-in biometrics in Fort Worth, TX
45 (6/7/12) Received email & text notification of an interview on 7/10
67 (6/29/12) EAD production ordered
77 (7/9/12) Received EAD
78 (7/10/12) Interview
100 (8/1/12) I-485 transferred to Vermont Service Centre
143 (9/13/12) Contacted DHS Ombudsman
268 (1/16/13) I-360, I-485 consolidated and transferred to Dallas
299 (2/16/13) Received second interview letter for 3/8
319 (3/8/13) Approved at interview
345 (4/3/13) I-360, I-485 formally approved; green card production ordered
353 (4/11/13) Received green card

Naturalisation

Day 0 (1/3/18) N-400 filed online

Day 6 (1/9/18) Walk-in biometrics in Fort Worth, TX

Day 341 (12/10/18) Interview was scheduled for 1/14/19

Day 376 (1/14/19) Interview

Day 385 (1/23/19) Denied

Day 400 (2/7/19) Denial revoked; N-400 approved; oath ceremony set for 2/14/19

Day 407 (2/14/19) Oath ceremony in Dallas, TX

Filed: Timeline

OP if your immunizations are up to date on the DS 3025, you only need to submit a copy the DS 3025 with your AOS packet.

Supporting Evidence for the Form I-485

You should submit all of the following evidence and documentation with your application:

• Two passport-style photos
  • Form G-325A, Biographic Information
  • Copy of your government issued photo identification
  • Copy of your birth certificate
  • Copy of passport page with nonimmigrant visa
  • Copy of passport page with admission (entry) or parole stamp
  • Form I-94, Admission/Departure Record
  • Evidence of your marriage to the U.S. citizen within 90 days (for K-1s)
  • Form I-693, Report of Medical Examination and Vaccination Record, if applicable
  • Form I-864, Affidavit of Support
  • Copy of approved Form I-130 or Form I-797, Notice of Action, if Form I-130 is pending (if K-3 or K-4)
  • Copies of any other approved application or waiver you have had in relation with your application for K status (Approved Form I-129F, Form I-601, Application for Waiver of Excludability, etc.)
  • Applicable filing fees

Note: Those applying based on K-1 or K-2 status will not need a Form I-130 filed on their behalf. However, a K-2 stepchild may have a Form I-130, Immediate Relative Petition, filed on his/her behalf if eligible and necessary to prevent age-out concerns. Read “Other Considerations” below for further information.

Medical Examination

If you received a medical examination prior to admission as a K nonimmigrant, then you are not required to have another medical examination at time of adjustment as long as:

• Your Form I-485 is filed within 1 year of your overseas medical examination
  • The medical examination did not reveal a Class A medical condition
  • If you did have a Class A medical condition, you received a waiver of inadmissibility and you have complied with the terms and conditions of the waiver

Even if a new medical examination is not required, you still must show proof that you have complied with the vaccination requirements. If the vaccination record (DS 3025) was not properly completed and included as part of the original, overseas medical examination report, you will have to have the vaccination report completed by a designated civil surgeon. In this case, you are required to submit Part 1, Information About You, Part 2, the vaccination chart, and Part 5, the Civil Surgeon's Certification, of Form I-693 (in an envelop sealed by the civil surgeon). Please see the instructions for Form I-693 for further information.

http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis/menuitem.5af9bb95919f35e66f614176543f6d1a/?vgnextoid=fcf75b836ea73210VgnVCM100000082ca60aRCRD&vgnextchannel=3d7fa6c515083210VgnVCM100000082ca60aRCRD

Edited by Umka36

Ok so I arrived in the states on my K1 visa, and I have almost completed my AOS and employment authorisation forms. I had my medical in London, and have a copy of my vaccination records from them - all up to date, I don't need any more vaccinations before applying for AOS.

What I can't work out is whether or not I actually need to submit the I-693 or not. The instructions sort of make it sound like I just need to include the vaccination supplement from my London medical (the DS-3025)...and then others make it sound like I still need to fill out the I-693. But there doesn't seem to be very much that I could fill out myself - as most of it comes under the heading "to be completed by civil surgeon".

So just send in the copy of vaccination record given to me at my London medical? Or am I supposed to fill out the I-693?

Thanks for the help...much confused :/

Here's a copy paste of my short-version answer.

Do you need an I-693 immunization sheet? Is my DS-3025 filled out properly?

Look at your DS-3025. If it has the ALL of the following items, you don't need an I-693 (Adults 19-49 yrs old).

1. Shots marked with a date (at least one of a series)

-MMR (two are required but if you have "insufficient time interval" checked, then you get a waiver)

-Td or Tdap or DT or DTP or DtaP (One no longer than 10 years ago, ie.have a booster)

-Varicella or VH written by it if you had chickenpox

-Influenza (during flu season)** see note below because you are most likely okay without it.

2. Everything else marked not age appropriate, insufficient time interval, not flu season...things that allow a waiver.

3. RESULTS section filled in with "incomplete" and "may be eligible for blanket waiver" ticked or "complete" (but complete is rare).

4. Signed and dated by the doctor

If it's not completed EXACTLY like that then see a civil surgeon for the I-693. If it is complete, send a photocopy of your DS-3025. Almost isn't good enough. It needs to be filled out properly.

The USCIS is supposed to have your K1 medical files, but sometimes lose them or fail to match them up with your AOS. Do not get another exam unless you get an RFE that says they do not have results of your medical. It means they lost them, but you are probably stuck with paying for a new exam. Those kinds of RFE's are not about the immunizations or the form I-693; they are because USCIS failed to match up your other medical exam results with your AOS application.

**Note on flu shot: Flu shots are required for adults of all ages (changed Nov 2010) if your visa exam was between (Oct 1 and March 31). But if the AOS adjudicator picks up your case when it is not flu season, you will be excused. And the reverse is true. The adjudicator picks up your case during flu season, but sees it was NOT flu season when you had your medical exam, you are also excused because the date they go by is the date of your exam to determine if you were current on that date

Edited by Nich-Nick

England.gifENGLAND ---

K-1 Timeline 4 months, 19 days 03-10-08 VSC to 7-29-08 Interview London

10-05-08 Married

AOS Timeline 5 months, 14 days 10-9-08 to 3-23-09 No interview

Removing Conditions Timeline 5 months, 20 days12-27-10 to 06-10-11 No interview

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

The journey from Fiancé to US citizenship:

4 years, 2 months, 6 days

243 pages of forms/documents submitted

No RFEs

• 2 months later...

Here's a copy paste of my short-version answer.

Do you need an I-693 immunization sheet? Is my DS-3025 filled out properly?

Look at your DS-3025. If it has the ALL of the following items, you don't need an I-693 (Adults 19-49 yrs old).

1. Shots marked with a date (at least one of a series)

-MMR (two are required but if you have "insufficient time interval" checked, then you get a waiver)

-Td or Tdap or DT or DTP or DtaP (One no longer than 10 years ago, ie.have a booster)

-Varicella or VH written by it if you had chickenpox

-Influenza (during flu season)** see note below because you are most likely okay without it.

2. Everything else marked not age appropriate, insufficient time interval, not flu season...things that allow a waiver.

3. RESULTS section filled in with "incomplete" and "may be eligible for blanket waiver" ticked or "complete" (but complete is rare).

4. Signed and dated by the doctor

If it's not completed EXACTLY like that then see a civil surgeon for the I-693. If it is complete, send a photocopy of your DS-3025. Almost isn't good enough. It needs to be filled out properly.

The USCIS is supposed to have your K1 medical files, but sometimes lose them or fail to match them up with your AOS. Do not get another exam unless you get an RFE that says they do not have results of your medical. It means they lost them, but you are probably stuck with paying for a new exam. Those kinds of RFE's are not about the immunizations or the form I-693; they are because USCIS failed to match up your other medical exam results with your AOS application.

**Note on flu shot: Flu shots are required for adults of all ages (changed Nov 2010) if your visa exam was between (Oct 1 and March 31). But if the AOS adjudicator picks up your case when it is not flu season, you will be excused. And the reverse is true. The adjudicator picks up your case during flu season, but sees it was NOT flu season when you had your medical exam, you are also excused because the date they go by is the date of your exam to determine if you were current on that date

Thank you! this was super helpful to me!

♥ Our K-1 Journey ♥
11/24/2012 - I-129F submitted via UPS (Vermont Service Center)
11/27/2012 - NOA1

06/05/2013- NOA2

06/10/2013-NVC received our case

06/14/2013-MTL case number assigned

06/17/2013-Case sent to Montreal

06/19/2013-Logged at Montreal

06/21/2013-Packet 3 sent out

06/27/2013- Packet 4 sent out

08/30/2013- Interview Montreal
09/09/2013-POE- Grand Portage, MN.

09/10/2013-at home in Kentucky

10/12/2013- we are MARRIED!

♥ Our AOS Journey ♥

11/21/2013 - submitted via USPS

11/27/2013-NOA1

12/23/2013-Biometrics appt. Louisville

01/24/2014-EAD/AP approved (65 days)

01/30/2014-EAD/AP mailed out, USPS 2 day tracking number assigned

02/01/2014-EAD/AP combo card arrived in the mail

03/04/2014- Used Advance Parole document to re-enter after a visit to Canada (without any issues)!

03/09/2014- checked USCIS website and saw update saying "Card/Document production" for I-485

03/13/2014-AOS approved. Received Welcome Letter (i-797)

03/17/2014-Green Card arrived in the mail

♥ Our ROC Journey ♥

12/17/2015-Mailed pkg. via USPS
12/22/2015 -NOA1

1/21/2016-Biometrics appt. Louisville

9/8/2016- INFOPass appt for I-551 stamp

3/3/2017-Filed online service request

3/3/2017- ROC approved. (Online status never changed)

3/9/2017- Rec'd approval letter in mail. 

3/21/2017- Text and emails stating card was mailed out

3/24/2017- Rec'd Greencard in the mail

The sun sets on this ocean, never once on my devotion - Eddie Vedder

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.