YpsiFella

Visa Approved - Montreal Too!!

11 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

I was the fourth person in line yesterday behind a lady I did not get to speak with, KDH and bsd058. My God he was still waiting to go up with his documents when I finished my interview. He was C4 and I was C3.

I won't comment on all the things that KDH already commented on because she was bang on. I was really nervous about domicile because my wife and I have been living here in canada fior the last two years but it worked out fine.

The heat was incredible. I flew to Montreal from Vancouver Island - got in on Tuesday night at 7 pm for my Wednesday morning interview. Humidex had to be 40C.

I stayed at the Holiday Inn Select at 99 Viger West. Be careful there is another Holiday Inn close by - don't book the wrong one. This one was $148 (all in) and was a spacious room with a king bed. Really nice hotel. It was about 8 blocks and 10 minutes from the Consulate. Checkout time is noon.

Waited in line....see KDH review and got through security check, waiting room, elevator and deposited myself in the main waiting area. There is no water cooler (that I saw) but there are vending machines for drinks.

The lady at the documents counter had trouble finding my file at first then in getting the fingerprint thingy to work but it was all good. She wrote right on the checklist she was working from "Check Domicile as per Instructions" and put a couple of asterisks so it would not be missed. She commented on the signatures in black ink on one of my forms. It maeks it difficult to tell the origianl from a photocopy. Have your documents signed in blue ink and make black and white copies so the difference is obvious. Frankly, my photocopies are high quality color from work so it is difficult to tell the difference at the best of times. I kept a folder titled "Certified Originals" and one titled "Copies of Originals" . Inventive son of a gun aren't I? When it came to the I-864 stuff all she wanted was the original forms and did not want any of the tax forms, assets stuff or anything else. I was with her about 15 minutes.

I sat down and waited about 15-20 minutes.

"C4 go to Interview Room 7"

I got the same guy as the lady who had C1. He was very nice but asked more questions than I thought he would. Mostly about how we met. We have been married ten years. He highlighted once we did the initial document stuff that "One of the most important considerations is what we call Intent to Domicile. " He then explained what it meant and asked if I had brought anything to demonstrate our intent to take up residence in the US. I listened politely then brought out each document in turn. He was very pleased with them and moved past domicile more quickly than I expected. That's when he was asking about our relationship. Truthfully, I got the sense that it was more to complete the file than to question whether we had a relationship or not.

He then told me that my immigration visa was being approved and gave me the welcome letter. I told him that he had made us very happy and thanked him. He told me it would take a few days for my visa to arrive and I gathered my things and left interview room 7. I was with him 10-15 minutes.

I went out to the waiting room and found bsd to see if he had given his documents yet. He had not. He had been back up to the lady who gave out the numbers and told her what was happening. She said just wait - that it happens sometimes. While standing there they called out C12 and he had still not been called - he was C3. He was at that point trying to interject at a window when it came open to tell them what was happening but I don't know how it went. It was absolutely heart wrenching. The whole thing is stressful enough without sitting there watching everyone go around you. I was going to say something to the guy who interviewed me but the people who collect the documents appear to be a different group than the ones doing the interview. Maybe I chickened out - I hope not but I did feel guilty. I actually never believed that I would go out and he would still not have been called. I shook his hand, wished him luck and headed for the elevator.

I left the Consulate at 9:10 am.

I went back to my room, called my wife, and waited for my ear to stop ringing after she whooped wildly into the phone. I hung out for a couple of hours then headed to the airport. I took the $9 bus both ways - easy peasey. If you take it in and are headed to the same hotel get off at the St. Laurent stop and you are like 3-4 blocks from the hotel.

I caught a 4 pm flight to Toronto then was delayed on my second flight landing in BC at 11:55 pm and got home at 1:40 am.

I got to work on time this morning and my wife called at 11:00 am and said Loomis called and that they had a package for me. Yes, my visa was HERE. I picked it up at lunch. If I had stayed in Montreal until this morning it would have beaten me home. That truly is unbelievable. Things never get to Vancouver Island without an extra day tucked in for good measure.

If you have a question that I have not addressed please let me know.

Praise God. I am finished. A few days more than six months from initial filing. Thanks to everyone for their kindness and support. My prayers are with each and every one of you still in process. Your day will come. Bless you.

Ed

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Congratulations!!!

Do you know if it's possible to get another number if you're in the situation of the person who got C4? Or do they take your documents/fingerprints and then give you the ticket? Also, do you have a post/review somewhere of your medical?

Congrats again!

Yay! Congrats!

*See ABOUT ME for complete Visa Journey Timeline*

~~~ROC~~~

04/12/15- Eligible to apply for removal of conditions

05/16/15- I-175 Mailed to VSC

05/19/15- NOA (received 05/23)

06/16/15- Biometrics Appointment

03/07/16- ROC Decision Date - Approved

03/11/16- Text and Email Received 'New Card in Production'

03/12/16- Approval Letter Received in the Mail

03/??/16- 10 Year Greencard in Hand

Timeline

Wow !! Congrats....thanks for the great review !!!

07-18-12 - Married
10-26-12 - NOA1 sent
10-29-12 - NOA1 received
03-11-13 - NOA2 approved
04-03-13 - NVC received
04-10-13 - NVC case number assigned
04-19-13 - AOS/IV paid

04-22-13 - AOS/IV cleared

06-07-13 - Case Complete

09-03-13 - Medical

09-25-13 - Interview

10-01-13 - Picked up Visa

10-02-13 - POE Queenston-Lewiston

10-11-13 - SSN arrived

Timeline

Congratulations!!!

Do you know if it's possible to get another number if you're in the situation of the person who got C4? Or do they take your documents/fingerprints and then give you the ticket? Also, do you have a post/review somewhere of your medical?

Congrats again!

No you can't get another number.

This was just an error on their behalf.

They did not know they were skipping numbers.

Besides, if you waited to the point you realized they'd keep skipping you, you'd probably end up at around C24 if you got a new number.

Edited by The Mean Lady

oldlady.gif

Timeline

Congratulations!!!

Congrats again!

I did a review of my medical with Dr. Cheema in Vancouver in this forum. Search his name and you will find it.

The number question was answered. I agree - it is often wise to stick with what you have and fix it rather than create a new level of confusion by starting over.

Timeline

Congratulations :)

Where abouts in KY are you heading?

Lived in Berea last time around. Will initially settle in Lawrenceburg but need to go where the work is. In a perfect world we would live in Versailles.

Where are you?

Lived in Berea last time around. Will initially settle in Lawrenceburg but need to go where the work is. In a perfect world we would live in Versailles.

Where are you?

Sorry - just saw Sonerset. I am actually under consideration for a job close to there.

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

Yeah, it is insane. I have visa in hand in BC literally 24 hours after I left the Consulate in Montreal.

Congrats! And that's very comforting to know, that it's pretty quick to receive your Visa after the interview. I'm in Vancouver and chose to have it sent to Burnaby. Interview is on Sept 13 (Friday) and I booked a U-Haul truck for Thurs, Sept 19, so hopefully it all works out.

I can't wait to feel the relief and happiness you no doubt felt!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.