Pinball1921

NVC Expedite?

12 posts in this topic

Hello all. I am wondering what the details are regarding expediting at the NVC level. My petition was already expedited at the USCIS level, so I'm sure I meet the criteria of the NVC. However, what happens once I get my case expedited? Does it go straight to the embassy? Should the i-864 package, ds-230 and other civil documents be brought to the interview instead of being mailed? How is scheduling of the interview handled once expedite is approved? By the way, my petition has reached the NVC and I'm now waiting for a case number. Is there anyway i can expedite actually getting that case number in the first place? Thanks for answering my questions in advance.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

The case must also be expedited at the consulate.

good luck

USCIS
August 12, 2008 - petition sent
August 16, 2008 - NOA-1
February 10, 2009 - NOA-2
178 DAYS FROM NOA-1

NVC
February 13, 2009 - NVC case number assigned
March 12, 2009 - Case Complete
25 DAY TRIP THROUGH NVC

Medical
May 4, 2009

Interview
May, 26, 2009

POE - June 20, 2009 Toronto - Atlanta, GA

Removal of Conditions
Filed - April 14, 2011
Biometrics - June 2, 2011 (early)
Approval - November 9, 2011
209 DAY TRIP TO REMOVE CONDITIONS

Citizenship

April 29, 2013 - NOA1 for petition received

September 10, 2013 Interview - decision could not be made.

April 15, 2014 APPROVED. Wait for oath ceremony

Waited...

September 29, 2015 - sent letter to senator.

October 16, 2015 - US Citizen

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Yup Yup. The best time to start the expedite request

is

when NVC first generates the AOS fee bill and it's in the petitioner's email inbox.

There's a bit of stuff to do, to make that happen, prior, but - that's really the trigger point, to start the expedite request.

How to start the expedite request? Call into NVC, ask for a supervisor, tell them you want to start an expedite, participate in the conversation with the NVC Supervisor, then do exactly what the NVC Supervisor tells you to do.

That's it, really.

When the expedite is granted (by the Embassy, btw) all processing at NVC stops - so (IMO) it's best you get yer fees handled quickly at NVC.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

• 2 months later...
Filed: IR-5 Timeline

Yup Yup. The best time to start the expedite request

is

when NVC first generates the AOS fee bill and it's in the petitioner's email inbox.

There's a bit of stuff to do, to make that happen, prior, but - that's really the trigger point, to start the expedite request.

How to start the expedite request? Call into NVC, ask for a supervisor, tell them you want to start an expedite, participate in the conversation with the NVC Supervisor, then do exactly what the NVC Supervisor tells you to do.

That's it, really.

When the expedite is granted (by the Embassy, btw) all processing at NVC stops - so (IMO) it's best you get yer fees handled quickly at NVC.

How do you find out when AOS fee bill is generated?

How long it takes for the bill to be generated from the time NVC assign a case number?

04/21/20: IR-5 Submitted Online 

04/21/20: NOA1 Issued online

04/27/20: NOA1 Received via postal mail from Texas Service Center

04/27/20: Touched

04/28/20: Case Transferred to California Service Center

05/14/20: Touched 

05/15/20: Touched 

07/01/20: Touched

07/06/20: Touched 

07/06/20: RFE Issued (not available online)

07/16/20: RFE Received in Mail

07/20/20: DNA Done in USA

08/09/20: RFE Partial Response Submitted Online

08/26/20: RFE Partial Response Submitted via mail

09/01/20: Touched

10/28/21: DNA test results Received by USCIS

11/12/21: NOA2

How long it takes for the bill to be generated from the time NVC assign a case number?

the AOS bill will show up on the payment portal as available to pay (you may receive an email.)

it can take from 1-4 weeks for it happen after case numbers are assigned.

Edited by NLR

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

I see you participated (Briefly) in the August 2013 NVC Monthly thread. I suggest you go back to it, read post #1 and post #2, several times. See links there? Click links, read what is displayed.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

• 1 year later...
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Honduras
Timeline

Hello! I had my Hubby's Case expedited due to my Medical condition and so i sent scaned copies of my Rx for a walker for "ambulatory difficulty" and copy of my Hospital bill of $more than $30,000 to : nvcexpedite@state.gov After a week on a Friday evening, i called the NVC and spoke to a Representative (Mr. Mel), he did inform me that my "expedite was accepted", YAY! A few days later, i called again and spoke to a Rep, a lady, she informed me that my Hubby's Case File was sent to Ciudad Juarez, Mx Consulate/Embassy and they will pick up from here". :thumbs:

• 5 months later...

I Cruz Garay the petitionary 928 7226289 cell birth 05 - 03 - 1964 cruzgaray 61@ gmail.com

im asking if it is possible for my wife and her daughtercome together from Dominican republic her daughter was approved on march 26- 2015 the immigration consult told her they were going to give her 5 months to wait for her mom. on agust the five months will be completed , the name of her daughter is yeisa stephany perdomo familia i need both of them to come together. because my stepdaughter need to start school. my wife name is flor familia alcantara. she has one year and almost two months in the process. of immigration. on may 12 she filled the formal sd260 electronically. she completed two months and has not received any response. her case number is sdo2015523159. her birth date is 12-27-1967. her cellphone number is 809-861-8661- . her house number is 809-599-4264. her Hotmail is florgaray7@hotmail.com. I would appreciate and would like you to consider the time she had to wait, the process of my wife and that her daughter should have been here already. thank you for everything.

I cruz garay petetionor cell 928-722-6289 birthday; 05-03-1964 email; cruzgaray61@gmail.com

im asking if it is possible for my stepdaughter and my wife to come together from Dominican republic. my stepdaughter was approved to come to the u.s on march 26 2015. the

immigration consult gave her five months to wait for her mom. and the five months will be completed this agust. my stepdaughter name is yeisa stephany perdono familia. she

should have started school already but haven't started because she waiting for her mom. my wife name is flor familia alcantara. her case number is sdo2015523159. her bday

is 12-27-1967. her cellphone is 809-861-8661. her home number is 809-5994264. her email is florgaray7@hotmail.com my wife has two years and almost two months in the process of this case, she filled the form sd260 electronically on may 12 of 2015 she has already two months. I appreciate before hand to take consideration the time she has in the process. and my step daughter who had to be here to start filling out her school application. thank you for everything.

I m asking if it is possible for my wife and her daughter come together from Dominican republic her daughter was approved on march 26 - 2015 the immigrant consul told her they were going to give her 5 months to wait for her mom on 8- 2015 the five months will be complete next month . I need both of them to came together because my stepdaughter need to star school . I applied for my wife case on 6 - 2014 she has one year and two months in this case . on may 12 - 2015 she filled the form ds 260 electronically . she completed two months has not received any response . I would like appreciate and would like you to consider the time my wife and my had to wait . and my stepdaughter should have been in U S A already thank you for everything

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.