barryfaetheus

green card production stalled for CSC approvals in April?

20 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

So our ROC (september 2012 filer) got approved at CSC in the 2nd week of April. We received the approval letter in the mail a few days later, however, the card has not arrived. Looking at the September filers thread, this appears to be a common theme; Many approvals in April at CSC, but almost nobody has received the card. VSC does not appear to have the same issue, and earlier CSC approvals also appear to have gotten their cards quickly.

I know the approval letter says wait 60 days for the card to arrive, but something has clearly changed that card production has suddenly gone from fast to a dead stop. Does anybody have any idea what is going on? We are not in a desperate rush, but have to travel overseas in a couple of months, so would rather have this taken care of...

So our ROC (september 2012 filer) got approved at CSC in the 2nd week of April. We received the approval letter in the mail a few days later, however, the card has not arrived. Looking at the September filers thread, this appears to be a common theme; Many approvals in April at CSC, but almost nobody has received the card. VSC does not appear to have the same issue, and earlier CSC approvals also appear to have gotten their cards quickly.

I know the approval letter says wait 60 days for the card to arrive, but something has clearly changed that card production has suddenly gone from fast to a dead stop. Does anybody have any idea what is going on? We are not in a desperate rush, but have to travel overseas in a couple of months, so would rather have this taken care of...

I don't know anything about card production, but I know both service centers hit some kind of back log or something mid-April in regards to issuing NOAs and cashing checks for ROC applications. They're currently a few weeks behind on these.

Seems like the workers shifted their focus away from the ROC department to another category wacko.png

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

I suspect that the slowdown of many visa categories is a result of the ongoing DACA-tsunami that has swamped USCIS. Since program inception through mid-March 2013 there has been close to 500,000 DACA applications inundating USCIS service centers, with resultant shifting of workloads, it is amazing that anything else is being adjudicated.wow.gif

http://www.uscis.gov/USCIS/Resources/Reports%20and%20Studies/Immigration%20Forms%20Data/All%20Form%20Types/DACA/daca-13-3-15.pdf

YMMV

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

I suspect that the slowdown of many visa categories is a result of the ongoing DACA-tsunami that has swamped USCIS. Since program inception through mid-March 2013 there has been close to 500,000 DACA applications inundating USCIS service centers, with resultant shifting of workloads, it is amazing that anything else is being adjudicated.wow.gif

http://www.uscis.gov/USCIS/Resources/Reports%20and%20Studies/Immigration%20Forms%20Data/All%20Form%20Types/DACA/daca-13-3-15.pdf

YMMV

Agree....BUT I don't think this explains the slowdown of PRINTING green cards for CSC approvals in April onwards :)

Timeline

Who knows? It is a huge government bureaucracy, where logic, reason and efficiency are often left at the curb in front of the building….lol...

Edited by A&B

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Italy
Timeline

I believe that all card are printend and shipped from a charming place called Lee's Summit, MO. It is inexplicable to me why there is such a huge difference between VSC and CSC, but it is what it is, I guess. I received my approval letter almost a month ago (I believe it was April 10 or 12), so I will give it another month before sharing my concern with the USCIS by means of multiple telephone calls, until this gets resolved. Meanwhile, I need to travel international, so I guess I will also need to schedule an info pass to see what exactly I will need to come back into the country, whether my expired GC and my extension letter, or also my approval letter, or anything else.

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Italy
Timeline

I received an email/text message today that my card was ordered for production and that I will receive it in the next 30 days. I had to call and place a service request, though.

Timeline

On the bright side at least you have an approval, just pending your card. Congratulations.

In Arizona its hot hot hot.

http://www.uscis.gov/dateCalculator.html

• 2 weeks later...

it's almost June now. still no Green Card. Got approved first week of April

Who else is waiting?

K-1
Mar 19, 2009 I-129F Package sent
Mar 30, 2009 NOA1
Jul 27, 2009 RFE Notice Email / Jul 31, 2009 RFE Letter Received / Aug 01, 2009 RFE Reply sent
Aug 06, 2009 NOA2
Aug 17, 2009 NVC received case / Aug 18, 2009 NVC forwarded to USEM / Aug 24, 2009 Package received in USEM
Sep 01, 2009 Medical Passed
Sep 25, 2009 Interview
Oct 10, 2009 Visa Received
Oct 14, 2009 Arrived at U.S.
Oct 26, 2009 Married in San Francisco

AOS
Nov 12, 2009 I-485 Package sent
Nov 19, 2009 NOA1
Dec 08, 2009 RFE Received / Dec 23, 2009 RFE Reply sent

Dec 17, 2009 Biometrics Appt
Jan 20, 2010 AP and EAD approved / Jan 26, 2010 AP received
Jan 27, 2010 Interview letter received
Feb 25, 2010 AOS Interview
Mar 04, 2010 Green Card Received

Removal of Conditions
Dec 21, 2011 I-751 Package sent

Dec 23, 2011 NOA1

Feb 13, 2012 Biometrics Appt

Jun 19, 2012 10-year GC Received

US Citizenship
Jan 16, 2013 N-400 Package sent

Jan 22, 2013 NOA1

Feb 15, 2013 Biometrics Appt

Apr 02, 2013 Citizenship Interview

Apr 23, 2013 Oath Ceremony

Dear Obama also passed the new law that the illegals can get citizenship, so could be that all those (ok, not all, but lot of them) illegals are right now submitting their documents to legalize themselves, so the USCIS offices are hammered by those as well. Also, I know that for those who are under H1B visa and want to extend, they could file until April for the following fiscal year...so now USCIS got all those applications too to look through and approve/deny those...so if we count all these and the DACA applications (and who knows about those DV lottery winners) sounds to me I would not want to work for USCIS and seems like they always have a ton to do. So I sort of understand their slowdown...after all, ROC applicants are "no biggies" compared to the others....ROC peeps are already permanent residents and USCIS doesn't try to deny people at this stage and get into a "he-or-she argument" with even divorced applicants....they have way more to do than that....good luck everyone!

Dear Obama also passed the new law that the illegals can get citizenship, so could be that all those (ok, not all, but lot of them) illegals are right now submitting their documents to legalize themselves, so the USCIS offices are hammered by those as well. Also, I know that for those who are under H1B visa and want to extend, they could file until April for the following fiscal year...so now USCIS got all those applications too to look through and approve/deny those...so if we count all these and the DACA applications (and who knows about those DV lottery winners) sounds to me I would not want to work for USCIS and seems like they always have a ton to do. So I sort of understand their slowdown...after all, ROC applicants are "no biggies" compared to the others....ROC peeps are already permanent residents and USCIS doesn't try to deny people at this stage and get into a "he-or-she argument" with even divorced applicants....they have way more to do than that....good luck everyone!

Just wait till this new comprehensive immigration bill is passed and that will happen soon. I applied for my ROC in JAN and I fully expect to be delayed...

Got the fake looking approval on 4/16, still waiting for the card.

At least I'm less concerned the card got lost in the mail now from reading this thread.

Edited by nickbits

• 2 weeks later...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.