Ilovemypinoy

Airfare from MNL (last minute)

5 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

FYI there is a sale on United for flights this week and next. It's $742 to Chicago and $749 to Atlanta (thru Chicago). Those are the only two destinations I tried.

There's a stop in Guam. Most of the layovers don't seem too long.

Suggest use the flexible option on United's website to see the lowest fares.

Just make sure her POE is not O'Hare. My fiancee had a 2 hr layover and her POE Immigration line took 2 plus hours. She had to be re routed on another airline which delayed her 3 hours arriving in Ft Myers. Avoid O'Hare if possible and make sure her onward flight has plenty of time for POE. I recommend POE being at a smaller airport not majors like O'Hare. She just arrived 3am today. Thankful she is here. Good luck

Timeline

Make sure to check for the duration of the entire flight! Continental used to fly from MNL, but stopped in Guam, and every little island in Micronesia--a total of 26 hours just to get to Hawaii. United has since taken over Continental. . . . hope that helps. I will NEVER forget that insane flight! Worst of my life.

Timeline

It looks like Guam is the POE. Today the cheapest flight next week to ATL shows IAD instead of O'Hare, same price. There's a layover in Honolulu. Total 27 hours. That's about three hours longer than my flights usually take but I typically fly Delta with only two layovers.

My fiancé isn't traveling til May but I'm keeping an eye on flight costs with Kayak alerts.

The "Island Hopper" flight is grueling. After departing Guam you will stop on about 5 or 6 islands before arriving in Honolulu. Half of the plane (left side/right side) will be required to get off the plane as each island. Each island nation requires a search of the aircraft. If you are unfortunate to deplane, you'll have to sit or stand at all the non-airconditioned airports.

But if you are into seeing the world, then it may be a once in a lifetime opportunity to see the many beautiful islands of the Pacific. Hope you like EXTREMELY short runways built on coral reefs.

01/12/2013: POE
02/14/2013: MARRIED ON VALENTINE'S DAY!
03/18/2013: AOS Sent via USPS Express Mail
03/28/2013: NOA - AOS, AP, EAD
04/25/2013: Biometrics

05/28/2013: RFEs for EADs and APs

06/17/2013: AOS Interviews. Approved

06/26/2013: Green Cards Received! (APs and EAD also received but not needed)

Removal of Conditions

===================================

03/25/2015: Mailed I-751

04/06/2015: NOA1

05/05/2015: Biometrics

07/27/2015: RFE

09/07/2015: RFE Response - Additional Evidence Sent

11/19/2015: Interview - APPROVED!

12/15/2016: Green Cards Issued!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.