johanandclaudia

CD Juarez I-130 DCF

5 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Mexico
Timeline

Hello, I am the petitioner USC by naturalization (Colombia) living in Baja with my wife the beneficiary Colombian national. When making a decision to go either DCF or normal, we took into consideration the supposed shorter time route of DCF but it has not been so. After getting the run-around from CDJ and TIJ, we finally decided to DCF by MAIL as instructed by the USCIS site BIG MISTAKE, they lost the package, but cashed the $420 fee. Finally after emailing them every day, they "found" the package and returned it to me (took ONE MONTH IN THE MAIL) with instructions;

PROVIDE AN ORIGINAL BIRTH CERTIFICATE (probably because I lost my naturalization certificate but provided a copy of my passport, but the instructions on filing the form call for ONE of many ways to prove citizenship)

PROVIDE AN ORIGINAL MARRIAGE CERTIFICATE (who knows why? they specifically ask for copies on the fu..ing instructions)

PROVIDE AN ORIGINAL DIVORCE DECREE (same as above)

But most important, they ask that we GO INTO JUAREZ USCIS WINDOW 1 during business hours and file it there IN PERSON, LOL? hence why following directions is probably not the best way to go when dealing with these good for nothing imbeciles. Any feedback is appreciated.

Timeline

Okay so I wanted to write an update to our little journey, we decided to book a flight to CDJ and visit the USCIS office. We stayed at the MICROTEL by WYNDHAM it was a bit pricier than the others but it is very close to the embassy, clean, and the staff is very helpful, they printed out forms for us and were overall friendly. We got the USCIS 8am, brought in the petition with the documents they requested (see above), then we were helped by a lady inside an interview room where she was very nice and she eventually had us fill out by hand page 2 of the 130 (weird cause we had already sent one in, but it was lost so she said) then she asked us to return at 11:30 where she mentioned that an immigration official would have a look at our packet. So we got a green sheet pass to return, and she kept the packet, passports, and so on. When we returned at the said time, we were put right back in the same interview room where the official (a very nice but stern gentleman of Mexican descent) asked us several detailed questions, which we thought to be a big concern since as we look through this site, it hasn't happened that way for DFRs. After a while of questioning, he turned to us and said "I am going to approve your petition" and we just about died of joy. He then told us to wait a few minutes while he prepared some paperwork for us. When he returned, he handed us two sheets, one saying that our petition was approved and the other that the packet was sent to CDJ DOS Consulate for further processing with a phone number to call? so I guess now it in their hands, and we will just wait till a supposed packet 4 arrives? I hope this helps someone in a similar situation. So, if you are looking to file DCF, do so IN PERSON, if you mail it in you basically have to get lucky, yeah it cost us 1300 but getting the approval is worth a LOT more, time and hassle.

Cheers,

Glad to hear you are getting some progress. We did not have all the problems you have had.

Married in Mexico 2012-06-16

I-130 DCF Sent : 2012-07-06
I-130 NOA1 : 2012-07-10
I-130 Approved 2012-07-11
Consulate Received : 2012-07-17
Packet 4 Received : 2012-08-03

Interview Date : 2012-08-21
Visa Received : 2012-08-23
US Entry : 2012-08-23
Interview took 42 days from your I-130 NOA1 date

I-751 Lifting Conditions
CIS Office : Vermont Service Center
Date Filed : 2014-06-13
NOA Date : 2014-06-16

Bio appointment ; 2014-07-18

Timeline

Glad to hear you are getting some progress. We did not have all the problems you have had.

Thanks Scott, me not being native US probably had a lot do with the delay, also that they lost the package and the second page of the form. Also I had my briefcase stolen a while back and I had my citizenship certificate inside. I wish we could have filed in Mexico City like you guys, but, jurisdiction is held by CDJ where we live. But not bad, if you really think about it, if I had filed in person (which is just about what we did) then we got to file, receive, approve, and forward to consulate all in one day. Now we just have to wait for invitation letter and packet, God knows how long that will take.

• 1 year later...

Does anymore have a requirement check list for DCF in CD. Juarez? I'm going to get married in a couple of weeks and think I might qualify for DCF. I've lived in Tijuana, Baja California, Mexico for the last year and work on the other side of the border in the US. I have both Mexican and US Citizenship with an Mexican IFE ID card.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.