fkie4

Renew green card again after I withdraw green card renewal application?

7 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Hong Kong
Timeline

hi,

the expiration date of my green card is mid-june, 2012...

In June 2012, I filed I-90 to renew my green card... due to family matters in my home country, i was thinking of abandoning my green card, so I wrote a letter to withdraw the application....

but my family matters was solved, and i changed my mind, so I paid another $450 to file I-90 to renew green card again in Dec 2012...

I received the form I-797, the notice of action from USCIS a few days later, then USCIS should send me the appointment notice for taking biometric within 30 days... but till now (Feb 7th 2013), it has been one month and 3 weeks… i haven't received the appointment notice... I called USCIS many times, but they just told me to keep waiting...

right now I am in HK... i left US at the end of August 2012, I need to come back to US by the end of Feb 2013...

my question is

1) what happened to my application? USCIS never sends me the appointment notice for taking biometric...

2) USCIS and US embassy told me i can come back to US with the expired green card and the form I-797. but is there any chance the customs don't let me in and send me back?

3) is there any chance my application will be denied because i withdrew my previous application?

withdrawn

Edited by Hypnos

Widow/er AoS Guide | Have AoS questions? Read (some) answers here

AoS

Day 0 (4/23/12) Petitions mailed (I-360, I-485, I-765)
2 (4/25/12) Petitions delivered to Chicago Lockbox
11 (5/3/12) Received 3 paper NOAs
13 (5/5/12) Received biometrics appointment for 5/23
15 (5/7/12) Did an unpleasant walk-in biometrics in Fort Worth, TX
45 (6/7/12) Received email & text notification of an interview on 7/10
67 (6/29/12) EAD production ordered
77 (7/9/12) Received EAD
78 (7/10/12) Interview
100 (8/1/12) I-485 transferred to Vermont Service Centre
143 (9/13/12) Contacted DHS Ombudsman
268 (1/16/13) I-360, I-485 consolidated and transferred to Dallas
299 (2/16/13) Received second interview letter for 3/8
319 (3/8/13) Approved at interview
345 (4/3/13) I-360, I-485 formally approved; green card production ordered
353 (4/11/13) Received green card

Naturalisation

Day 0 (1/3/18) N-400 filed online

Day 6 (1/9/18) Walk-in biometrics in Fort Worth, TX

Day 341 (12/10/18) Interview was scheduled for 1/14/19

Day 376 (1/14/19) Interview

Day 385 (1/23/19) Denied

Day 400 (2/7/19) Denial revoked; N-400 approved; oath ceremony set for 2/14/19

Day 407 (2/14/19) Oath ceremony in Dallas, TX

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Is your expired card a 2 year or a 10 year green card. If you withdrew on a 2 year you have no green card status to get a replacement from as you failed to remove conditions.

This will not be over quickly. You will not enjoy this.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

You are completely out of status, I would see an immigration attorney.

In Arizona its hot hot hot.

http://www.uscis.gov/dateCalculator.html

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

There is a good chance regardless that your GC is now been abandoned since you stated you were planning on leaving the US which you did. Even if you had the GC, if they found you no longer resided in the US they would have abandoned it anyways. So yes most likely you no longer have any status anymore. Even if you withdrew the application, they may question you over that decision and then they'd find out you resided and lived/worked outside the US which abandons your GC anyways...

I'm just a wanderer in the desert winds...

Timeline

Oct - Job offer in US

Nov - Received my TN-1 to be authorized to work in the US

Nov - Moved to US

1998-2001

Recieved 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th TN

May - Met future wife at arts fest

Nov - Recieved 6th TN

Nov - Recieved 7th TN

Jul - Our Wedding

Aug - Filed for AOS

Sep - Recieved EAD

Sep - Recieved Advanced Parole

Jan - Interview, accepted for Green Card

Feb - Green Card Arrived in mail

Oct - I-751 sent off

Jan - 10 year Green Card accepted

Mar - 10 year Green Card arrived

Oct - Filed N-400 for Naturalization

Nov - Biometrics done

Nov - Just recieved Naturalization Interview date for Jan.

Jan - Naturalization Interview Completed

Feb - Oath Letter recieved

Feb - Oath Ceremony

Feb 21 - Finally a US CITIZEN (yay)

THE END

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

this is a repeat topic, you not like the answers prior? why not respond back in your other topic, seeking clarification or adding more info there?

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.