Lalo & Susana

Medical exam vaccinations

21 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Thank you! I'll be making an appt at a local doctor's office then! Best of Luck!

Please know that Juarez typically does not give vaccinations for K-1 applicants or transcribe vaccinations onto the needed DS-3025. Someone recently went through and were made to pay for some vaccinations at the medical. Not all given were even required and they still gave no DS-3025 vaccination sheet.

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Please know that Juarez typically does not give vaccinations for K-1 applicants or transcribe vaccinations onto the needed DS-3025. Someone recently went through and were made to pay for some vaccinations at the medical. Not all given were even required and they still gave no DS-3025 vaccination sheet.

Ok Thank you. We thought about going to a local doctor and having the doctor see what of the vaccinations on the recommended list would be appropriate. We've been told that K-1 doesn't need them, and that not all are required depending on age, and gender, but that my Fiancé will need them anyway when applying for a change of status so they recommend getting it before the interview. Was this couple approved for the visa even thought they didn't have the DS 3025? I find that strange as I assume the point of going to the doctor is having the proof that you're healthy, but maybe if you're healthy you don't need the form. :-) I'll have to call the embassy I assume to confirm. Thanks again!

Timeline

Ok Thank you. We thought about going to a local doctor and having the doctor see what of the vaccinations on the recommended list would be appropriate. We've been told that K-1 doesn't need them, and that not all are required depending on age, and gender, but that my Fiancé will need them anyway when applying for a change of status so they recommend getting it before the interview. Was this couple approved for the visa even thought they didn't have the DS 3025? I find that strange as I assume the point of going to the doctor is having the proof that you're healthy, but maybe if you're healthy you don't need the form. :-) I'll have to call the embassy I assume to confirm. Thanks again!

Yes his visa was aproved. That form is not needed for a K-1 approval since vaccinations are not required for a K-1. They are required for AOS. You only need one in a series of MMR, Tdap/TD, varicella(or history of chickenpox), and a flu shot(only during flu season). If someone has all the required vaccinations properly marked off on the DS-3025 at the time of their K-1 medical, then they can just send a copy of that with their AOS paperwork and never need to see a civil surgeon in the US for the I-693. He can still get all the ones required for AOS and bring the records with him to have them transcribedqd onto the I-693 by a civil surgeon in the US. You will need to call around to find one that won't insists on a new medical and/or overcharge you. You can search here on VJ for more info about that.

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

Timeline

Yes his visa was aproved. That form is not needed for a K-1 approval since vaccinations are not required for a K-1. They are required for AOS. You only need one in a series of MMR, Tdap/TD, varicella(or history of chickenpox), and a flu shot(only during flu season). If someone has all the required vaccinations properly marked off on the DS-3025 at the time of their K-1 medical, then they can just send a copy of that with their AOS paperwork and never need to see a civil surgeon in the US for the I-693. He can still get all the ones required for AOS and bring the records with him to have them transcribedqd onto the I-693 by a civil surgeon in the US. You will need to call around to find one that won't insists on a new medical and/or overcharge you. You can search here on VJ for more info about that.

Ok great. Thanks. My Fiancé already has the Tdap/ and flu shot, and he had the chicken pox as a child but doesn't have proof from a doctor so I assume he'll need that one and the MMR. I will make some calls once the time gets closer to see what doctors say. :-) Thank u

Timeline

Ok great. Thanks. My Fiancé already has the Tdap/ and flu shot, and he had the chicken pox as a child but doesn't have proof from a doctor so I assume he'll need that one and the MMR. I will make some calls once the time gets closer to see what doctors say. :-) Thank u

They just take your word for it that you had chickenpox.

Timeline

They just take your word for it that you had chickenpox.

Oh ok. that's good then. one less! :-) I appreciate your help!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.