Andreea&Kevin

Senator's response about USCIS

30 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Romania
Timeline

I decided to write a letter to my US Senators, here are their responses. Clearly they were never read by them or their staff. I do have the opportunity to meet with my congressman's staff in person next week, hopefully I'll have better luck with that.

Original Letter

Dear Senator,

I’m writing you today about the California Service Center of the USCIS and their priority of handling cases. I currently have a fiancé visa waiting for review. It has been pending review for 4 and half months now and at the current rate will be many more until it is even looked at. I realize there is a huge backlog of cases due to the Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals, but this should not mean that all other cases are neglected. These people waiting for their cases are already in the USA and not separated from their loved ones, while I’m kept apart from mine. I feel I’m being punished for doing the immigration process the legal and proper way. There is also the financial impact on my family and your district. I’m supporting my fiancé, so that means thousands of dollars is not being spent locally. I can’t support local businesses, local jobs and there is also a loss of tax revenue, because I must support my family no matter where they are.

Another financial aspect of this is the revenue from fees of the deferred action cases. There are currently over 400,000 cases, each paying $435. Where did that $174,000,000 dollars go? The USCIS needs more staff to do their jobs. Money should be directed to the USCIS and used to get unemployed Americans back to work and relieve the backlog at the USCIS.

This isn’t the first time I have been separated from my family. I spent 6 years in the US Navy, including 2 deployments overseas. I gave up a portion of my life to help out our great nation, now I’d like to see that same respect in return.

Sincerely,

K E

Case #WAC____________

Senator Boxer

Dear Mr. E:

Thank you for your recent request for assistance with a federal agency.

Please be assured that your matter will receive serious attention, and that I will make every effort, consistent with federal law and ethics standards, to assist you. However, I will need to have your written consent on file before I can open a formal inquiry into your case. In most cases, such consent is required by federal law or regulation.

Therefore, please send your written and signed request for assistance to:

U.S. Senator Barbara Boxer

70 Washington Street, Suite 203

Oakland, CA 94607

In your statement, please include your name, your address, your phone number, any relevant identification numbers (such as your Social Security or alien registration number), a brief description of your case, and your signature.

If this is an emergency, please call my Oakland office at (510) 286-8537, and a member of my staff will assist you.

Once again, thank you for writing.

Sincerely,

Barbara Boxer

United States Senator

Please do not respond to this message. If you would like to comment on legislation, please visit my website and use the correspondence form at https://www.boxer.senate.gov/en/contact/policycomments.cfm.

Senator Feinstein

Dear Mr. E:

Thank you for your e-mail about the difficulties you are having with a federal agency.

It appears that you have requested casework assistance from my office. The email form on my website is primarily used for general comments on legislative issues and not for casework. Should you need assistance with a federal agency, please first review the CASEWORK SERVICES page on my website.

After reading through the information on that page, please send your signed request directly to my San Francisco office by U.S. Mail or by fax. You should include any copies of related correspondence from the federal agencies in question. Attached you will find a Privacy Release Form that you may use to submit your request. For immigration cases, please use the Immigration Assistance Form instead. That form is found on the casework services page or, if you call one of my offices, it can be mailed directly to you.

Please know that as soon as your request is received, we will go to work on your problem. I am glad you came to me for help and I hope that my staff will be able to assist you.

NOA1 - 8/24/2012

NOA2 - 3/18/2013 Only took 207 days at CSC

event.png

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

IMO, your initial approach was wrong, wasting days.

Why didn't you start with the release form? Fax that in with your letter of inquiry, it'll get to the immigration liason staffer.

Senator Boxer NEVER contacts USCIS - it's always the immigration liason staffer.

Want to know who it is? Call Sen Boxer's office, ask for the name of the immigration liason staffer.

If you need more help with engaging with your Senator's office, let me know - happy to Help !

Edited by Darnell

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Very well worded letter. Think it was good you wrote now because there is a very real looming of waiting outside of the processing time. Might as well nip it in the bud now. I did the same thing and wrote my senator and sent in my consent form. No word yet though. Least you got some kind of response.

"Missing someone gets easier everyday because even though you are one day further from the last time you saw them, you are one day closer to the next time you will."

event.png

event.png

event.png
96b648b63e.png

Personal
2004- Met online. Started a great friendship
2009- Decided our friendship had turned into something major
2009- First Official Visit and when we officially started dating
July 1st,2011- We got married!!!
USCIS
September 14,2012- Sent In I-130
September 20,2012- First NOA
September 25,2012- I-130 transferred to another office for processing because they now have jurisdiction over the case.
May 18, 2013- NOA2

NVC

February 21,2014- Case Complete

MONTREAL EMBASSY

April 14,2014- Interview (Administrative Review for passport renewal)

June 17,2014- Visa Listed as Issued

June 20,2014- Visa In Hand

July 27,2014- Port Of Entry

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi just curious as to why you wrote a Senator's office, you're within the 5 month window since your NOA1.

He contacted his senator because the new timeline are now 6 to 8 months because of the back log Obama has caused with the illegal amnesty act. So you can thank out Wonderful President for making everyone's life miserable.

Edited by Andy Lambert

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Venezuela
Timeline

The Dream Act was introduced in August 2001 under the Bush Administration. It is currently entitled the "Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals" program, this has been going on and off for over a decade I really wouldn't blame Bush, or Obama, it's just bad timing that's all :wacko:

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Venezuela
Timeline

As I stated before, this was introduced under the Bush Administration, under Republican Orrin Hatch, it's been in and out, on and off for a decade, Obama starting up the process again is not news. When he is gone someone else will have to address the 11 million illegals in this country. Be thankful you have your K1 submitted now, because Immigration reform is the top agenda this year and soon ISCIS will be flooded with millions of applications, not just the 500k under Dream Act revival.

Nope, sorry, Blame Obama, as Deferred Adjudication exists because of his Executive Order.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline
Nope, sorry, Blame Obama, as Deferred Adjudication exists because of his Executive Order.
Sadly, Brother Darnell is dead-nuts on.

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

He contacted his senator because the new timeline are now 6 to 8 months because of the back log Obama has caused with the illegal amnesty act. So you can thank out Wonderful President for making everyone's life miserable.

lol at your comment, I couldn't agree more.

K1 VISA
I-129F Sent: 2012-10-25
I-129F NOA1: 2012-10-29
I-129F RFE 1st Email notice: 2013-04-24
I-129F RFE 2nd Email notice: 2013-04-29
I-129F RFE 3rd Email and text notice: 2013-05-09 (saying we have an RFE on 2013-04-24 again, LOL!!)

I-129F RFE 4th Email notice: 2013-05-23

I-129F NOA2: 2012-06-07

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

The Dream Act was introduced in August 2001 under the Bush Administration. It is currently entitled the "Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals" program, this has been going on and off for over a decade I really wouldn't blame Bush, or Obama, it's just bad timing that's all :wacko:

You are right Dream Act was going back and forth and Obama signed it right before the election.

Now you do the the math if it was right or wrong timing.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

OP - unfortunately present administration does not give a ####### about ppl who has been doing everything legal way, paid thousands of dollars in fees and have been waiting to re-unite with their loved ones.

Senator Feinstein is busy in proposing anti gun laws while she herself carries one... do you think they were going to be any help?

Elections are over now they don't care about USC anymore.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Romania
Timeline

This is why I wrote the letter, not to start a service request. It was also a way for me to vent my frustration. I didn't think it would help my cases at all, but hoping might help others who are just starting the process and looking at a huge backlog. It's possible I made my letter to personal and should of focused on the process and policies of the USCIS. So, if anyone else is inspired to write their senator or congressman, keep that in mind.

I still have a meeting with my congressman's staff next week, so I'm not done yet. :P

If CSC is still not processing K1 cases after next week I'll start looking into an actual service request.

Edited by Andreea&Kevin

NOA1 - 8/24/2012

NOA2 - 3/18/2013 Only took 207 days at CSC

event.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

This is why I wrote the letter, not to start a service request. It was also a way for me to vent my frustration. I didn't think it would help my cases at all, but hoping might help others who are just starting the process and looking at a huge backlog. It's possible I made my letter to personal and should of focused on the process and policies of the USCIS. So, if anyone else is inspired to write their senator or congressman, keep that in mind.

I still have a meeting with my congressman's staff next week, so I'm not done yet. :P

If CSC is still not processing K1 cases after next week I'll start looking into an actual service request.

Be aware also of what we call "Separaion of powers". USCIS is not a legislative office and legislators have nothing to do with it UNLESS they are operating outside the LAW. The law does not require a specific time to process a petition. The Senator or Congressman can make an inquiry and that is about it. Unless they are making errors or violating the law, there is nothing else they can do.

Obama implemented the current policy affecting processing times. No one has to like the fact he messed it up...but he did. ROCs from VSC are currently taking almost a year, some more than a year, and petitioners are having to scramble to get I-551 stamps in their passports so they can continue working and traveling.

Plan on waiting more than 6 months for petition approval for an I-129f. If you planned on 8 months you would probably not be disappointed

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.