Bacon

Run Around from USCIS

9 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

So I've been getting the run-around from USCIS for the last three months now. Every time I search for my case using the online tool it says that my case doesn't exist. I call in and am transferred to departments where you can't leave voicemails and given email addresses that lead no where. Or as is my recent call put on hold for 45 minutes before finally being told that my case doesn't expire for another six months so they see no issue until that point. Even though I have yet to receive our biometrics appointment time. I tell them that per this group most received it shortly after filing their claim. The guy tells starts getting really rude with me repeatedly saying that I have six months and making it sounds as though I am an idiot.

Can I even file a complaint about this? Should I actually worry about whether my case will actually be worked?

~~~~~Ham + Bacon~~~~~

09-10-03 - Met online

10-31-03 - Started dating

09-30-06 - Broke things off Ham wasn't ready for immigration (stayed friends)

12-03-08 - Began dating again...after a certain someone finally realized I was right in what I had been telling him for 2 years. (Had to add that :P )

12-03-08 - Unofficially engaged :)

K1 Visa

10-19-2009 - Sent I-129F to VCS

10-21-2009 - Check cashed

10-22-2009 - NOA1 Hard Copy

10-23-2009 - Touched

01-22-2010 - NOA2

02-04-2010 - Received Package 3

02-22-2010 - Ham finally went to get his medical done

02-24-2010 - Received the all clear on the medical

03-13-2010 - Submitted paperwork for police check

03-25-2010 - Received the Police Check

04-06-2010 - Submitting the P3 to Consulate

04-11-2010 - Received P4

05-04-2010 - Interview! - Needed more evidence of relationship. :( Emailed pics and email convos one hour later.

05-05-2010 - Approved!!!!!!

05-06-2010 - VISA IN HAND!!!!!!

06-09-2010 - POE - LAX (Official Proposal!!!)

07-10-2010 - Wedding :D

AOS

08-31-2010 - Mailed off AOS

09-02-2010 - Packet Received

09-09-2010 - NOA1 Emails - AOS, EAD, AP

09-14-2010 - NOA1 Hard Copies - AOS, EAD, AP

10-04-2010 - Biometrics (AOS and EAD)

11-03-2010 - Email and Text that EAD and AP were approved

11-05-2010 - Email and Text that EAD was sent on for production of card.

11-09-2010 - Email and Text that notice regarding EAD was sent (EAD card, hopefully?)

11-30-2010 - AOS Interview Date

So I've been getting the run-around from USCIS for the last three months now. Every time I search for my case using the online tool it says that my case doesn't exist. I call in and am transferred to departments where you can't leave voicemails and given email addresses that lead no where. Or as is my recent call put on hold for 45 minutes before finally being told that my case doesn't expire for another six months so they see no issue until that point. Even though I have yet to receive our biometrics appointment time. I tell them that per this group most received it shortly after filing their claim. The guy tells starts getting really rude with me repeatedly saying that I have six months and making it sounds as though I am an idiot.

Can I even file a complaint about this? Should I actually worry about whether my case will actually be worked?

USCIS is weird in so many ways. Concerning ROC, the case number on the NOA1 never ever worked in the on-line case tracking system. Only when we got the biometrics letter would the case number work, and it was a completely different number than the one the NOA-1.

My advise, send a letter/email to your governor and other federal representative, during my AOS I was getting a similar run around when my AOS went way past the processing times and We went the political intervention route and found out my file was some how split in two and in two different states and it was going know where fast. It took the governor's liaison to find this out and get things moving again, soon after it was finally approved. Try this route, it may help, and they may find out what is going on. Good luck Mate.

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

look at the latest that you received,was it for removal of conditions, look for a new case number on the letter, you use the new number from now on to check your case online,

Filed: Timeline

Some people are unable to look up their cases online. It happens. I dont think theres anywhere you can file a complaint as the case status website is a courtesy and not a right.

As for not receiving a biometrics appt yet- or feeling like your case is not being worked on- the only options you have is to put in a service request (which you will only be allowed to do if you are outside of the normal processing times) or contact you local Representative and ask them to inquire on the status of your case on your behalf.

As the other poster mentioned, sometimes cases get stuck and an inquiry by them can jiggle them loose. Contacting your local rep is not a big deal. Use google to find them. You can just walk in, no appt needed. You fill out a basic release form giving them permission to contact USCIS. Tell them you need help with dealing with a federal agency (the USCIS)Explain your frustrations and lack of progress on your case. They will contact their liaison for a status check on your case and get back to you. It could take a week or two.

They may tell you nothing more then 'its being worked on' but it may be enough to get it 'touched' and moving again.

Edited by capri

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline

@Bacon

If you used your Biometric receipt (starting with EAC or WAC) and still see "Your case can not be found at this time in My Case Status. Please check your receipt number and try again...." then you are not the only one. My husband online case status did not shown until USCIS approved his case. After 6 or 7 months into the ROC process, check the online status daily and you may see your case status (maybe approval status). It's happen to some of us in Jan 2012 filers. You are just wasting your time of calling them, they will give you differrent answers each time!

Good luck!

The number you have on the NOA1 will never work on the online system. You need the number you get on your biometrics letter. If you talk to a Tier2 person, they can give you that number. However, the online notice is not going to say anything interesting, just that it is in initial review.

Have you received NOA1? When did you file?

Then we can help you with advice on what to do next, if anything.

AOS for my husband
8/17/10: INTERVIEW DAY (day 123) APPROVED!!

ROC:
5/23/12: Sent out package
2/06/13: APPROVED!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

I filed my case back in October. I received the NOA1 listed as October 31st. After that I did not receive the biometrics appt letter as I should have so all I can go on is the NOA1 case number. I've contacted USCIS about four times now in multiple ways and most of the time I don't receive any response back. I just get sent to a black hole.

~~~~~Ham + Bacon~~~~~

09-10-03 - Met online

10-31-03 - Started dating

09-30-06 - Broke things off Ham wasn't ready for immigration (stayed friends)

12-03-08 - Began dating again...after a certain someone finally realized I was right in what I had been telling him for 2 years. (Had to add that :P )

12-03-08 - Unofficially engaged :)

K1 Visa

10-19-2009 - Sent I-129F to VCS

10-21-2009 - Check cashed

10-22-2009 - NOA1 Hard Copy

10-23-2009 - Touched

01-22-2010 - NOA2

02-04-2010 - Received Package 3

02-22-2010 - Ham finally went to get his medical done

02-24-2010 - Received the all clear on the medical

03-13-2010 - Submitted paperwork for police check

03-25-2010 - Received the Police Check

04-06-2010 - Submitting the P3 to Consulate

04-11-2010 - Received P4

05-04-2010 - Interview! - Needed more evidence of relationship. :( Emailed pics and email convos one hour later.

05-05-2010 - Approved!!!!!!

05-06-2010 - VISA IN HAND!!!!!!

06-09-2010 - POE - LAX (Official Proposal!!!)

07-10-2010 - Wedding :D

AOS

08-31-2010 - Mailed off AOS

09-02-2010 - Packet Received

09-09-2010 - NOA1 Emails - AOS, EAD, AP

09-14-2010 - NOA1 Hard Copies - AOS, EAD, AP

10-04-2010 - Biometrics (AOS and EAD)

11-03-2010 - Email and Text that EAD and AP were approved

11-05-2010 - Email and Text that EAD was sent on for production of card.

11-09-2010 - Email and Text that notice regarding EAD was sent (EAD card, hopefully?)

11-30-2010 - AOS Interview Date

Okay, you want to file a service request for a bio appointment. I would say nothing about VJ or the online thing, just say "It has been over 30 days since I filed and I have not received a bio appointment. I would like to put in a service request."

If you can't get that to work, the try INFOPASS (An in-person meeting with a local USCIS officer at their office).

If you can't get that to work, then try the Ombudsman. http://www.dhs.gov/ombudsman-case-assistance#0

Good luck (and don't worry, you do need the bio but having a late one will not harm your case in any way, since they are going so slowly).

AOS for my husband
8/17/10: INTERVIEW DAY (day 123) APPROVED!!

ROC:
5/23/12: Sent out package
2/06/13: APPROVED!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.