396 posts in this topic

hi guys .December filler ,its been 6 months and 10 days since noa1.am still waiting for noa2.i called USCIS this morning ..sorry to say that all what she did is just entering my receipt number and just said that I apply for my wife on December and my case is still processing ...she just did exactly what I did all the time by entering my receipt number on USCIS web site .and I told her ..MEM ,its been over 6 months she said we don't have a limit of time means it doesn't matter how long you been waiting .am trying now to get a info pass but it seams that they block APPOINTEMENTS .any ways will wait for Monday and will see what we can do ...this process make me out of my mind .sorry guys I wish that I share a good news with you ..but it seams that there is no good news till now

Thank you so much... And yes you must get in contact with them any way you can. I would call and speak with a tier 2 twice a week. I also made two info pass appointments. The first one was useless but the second time i was able to sub. a service request in person. The officer handed me a form that he had me fill out to give to the officer assigned to my case. The question you need to ask is:

When was my case transferred?

Has my case been assigned to an officer already?

When was the last check in done on my case?

These well help you estimate at least when you will be hearing from them. I was told to weeks ago that my case was checked in to and it was assigned back in may. I wish you the best of luck and remember keep on insisting...

Thank you so much for helpful information, i emailed to my husband all that questions to ask.

Just don't waste time and money like I did for applying for a B2 visa.

Better get a ticket to your country for your hubby.

This process got separated us for 9 months already but at least my spouse has visited me two times for 6 weeks total and we had our honeymoon and a honeymoon reloaded all over the Europe biggrin.png

There were no questions at all as my papers were just perfect.

The simple thing they got onto was like we cannot issue you a tourist/visitor visa as you have already applied for immigration visa,

so you stated clearly by petitioning your intent is to immigrate to the US and this prohibits us to issue you a visitor's visa.

You can preload it with documents showing you are attached to your country as much as you can at the interview,

they just do not care. You are considered as a potential immigrant the way they do not like (applying from the US) so there is your denial.

Hi , thank you for sharing the info about your B2 visa interview, really you changed my mind about applying.. if they denied you with perfect documents.. i dont know they wont even talk to me because i dont have any ties to my country, first of all I am not working coz have a small baby, second of all no own apartment just staying with my parents. I totally depend on my husband. it shows that i have a close ties not to my country but USArolleyes.gif

• 2 weeks later...

hi guys. I had a INFOPASS this morning ,she told me that my petition has been transferred to my local office (Washington ).and she said that I have to wait .what make me sad is when I told her that its been 7 months she said 7 months is nothing .I don't know what I can do to get this pain done

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

hopefully they will approve urs soon. Keep hope.

hi guys. I had a INFOPASS this morning ,she told me that my petition has been transferred to my local office (Washington ).and she said that I have to wait .what make me sad is when I told her that its been 7 months she said 7 months is nothing .I don't know what I can do to get this pain done

Mar 07, 2013 : NOA 1

Nov 19, 2013 : Request for Evidence mail received

Nov 25, 2013 : Documents send in response to RFE

Dec 03, 2013 : NOA 2 ( I 130 approved)

Dec 09, 2013 : Case reached NVC

Jan 08, 2014 : NVC assigned Case Number

Jan 15, 2014 : Paid I 864 (AOS) bill online

Jan 16, 2014 : Completed DS 261 (choice of agent) online

Jan 21, 2014 : Express mailed AOS package

Jan 27, 2014 : Paid DS 260 bill online

Jan 29, 2014 : Express mailed DS 260 civil docs

Jan 29, 2014 : Submitted DS 260 online

Feb 13, 2014 : Received False checklist for civil docs by email

Feb 24, 2014 : Case Complete

April 14, 2014 : Interview. YAY!!!

Didnt you ask when it was transfered? İ thought you had infopass at your local Office.

yes I asked her when was transferred to Washington local office .but she wont let me know .she said that all what I can say is that we have your files and you need to wait .I will have another info pass 10 days from now .and will see .its been 7 months since my noa1 .I cant just set and wait .good luck for everyone

some officers at local offices are so helpful even they let you know the exact date when they received your file and when it was touched last time, i dont know why they didnt give you clear information, i hope next time you will get more information, good luck

Edited by *Milly*

some officers at local offices are so helpful even they let you know the exact date when they received your file and when it was touched last time, i dont know why they didnt give you clear information, i hope next time you will get more information, good lu

I hope so.thanks and good luck

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.