Regan L

Simple question.

10 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

I'm an American my wife is Filipino, shes in the Philippines right now, she has to go to her visa interview in about a week or so. I want her to go and get her cfo certificate and attend the seminar b4 her appointment. Is that ok if she goes b4 her visa interview or are they going to ask her to see her cr1 visa b4 they will let her attend the seminar or stamp her passport with the stamp that says she attended the seminar?

I'm an American my wife is Filipino, shes in the Philippines right now, she has to go to her visa interview in about a week or so. I want her to go and get her cfo certificate and attend the seminar b4 her appointment. Is that ok if she goes b4 her visa interview or are they going to ask her to see her cr1 visa b4 they will let her attend the seminar or stamp her passport with the stamp that says she attended the seminar?

Simple answer, yes. Then she will need to go back for her stamp.

http://www.cfo.gov.ph/index.php?option=com_content&view=category&id=110&Itemid=791

'PAU' both wife and daughter in the U.S. 08/25/2009

Daughter's' CRBA Manila Embassy 08/07/2008 dual citizenship

http://crbausembassy....wordpress.com/

CFO has nothing to do with the Visa that's part two of your question(s):thumbs:

EDIT Please read the link About Commission on Filipinos Overseas

Edited by sjr09

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

CFO has nothing to do with the Visa that's part two of your question(s):thumbs:

EDIT Please read the link About Commission on Filipinos Overseas

yay, so its ok for her to attend the cfo seminar and get her passport stamped with the cfo stamp b4 her visa interview?

yay, so its ok for her to attend the cfo seminar and get her passport stamped with the cfo stamp b4 her visa interview?

Read

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/402713-simple-question/page__view__findpost__p__5853256

i did, i guess im dumb lol, i dont get how that answers my question, sry about bothering you

no need shy!

She can go cfo seminar with out the visa but will need the visa before they 'CFO' will stamp her PI passport

CFO is not related to the US immigrant visa, it’s PI requirement not a US one

Or she can go to the interview after she receives her PI passport US visa is attached, then go do the CFO seminar and her passport will be stamp at that time.

So you can do it in two trips or one you pick.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Moved from IR-1/CR-1 Process & Procedures to Philippines regional forum; topic is about the CFO seminar which is a country specific procedure.

Our journey:

Spoiler

September 2007: Met online via social networking site (MySpace); began exchanging messages.
March 26, 2009: We become a couple!
September 10, 2009: Arrived for first meeting in-person!
June 17, 2010: Arrived for second in-person meeting and start of travel together to other areas of China!
June 21, 2010: Engaged!!!
September 1, 2010: Switched course from K1 to CR-1
December 8, 2010: Wedding date set; it will be on February 18, 2011!
February 9, 2011: Depart for China
February 11, 2011: Registered for marriage in Wuhan, officially married!!!
February 18, 2011: Wedding ceremony in Shiyan!!!
April 22, 2011: Mailed I-130 to Chicago
April 28, 2011: Received NOA1 via text/email, file routed to CSC (priority date April 25th)
April 29, 2011: Updated
May 3, 2011: Received NOA1 hardcopy in mail
July 26, 2011: Received NOA2 via text/email!!!
July 30, 2011: Received NOA2 hardcopy in mail
August 8, 2011: NVC received file
September 1, 2011: NVC case number assigned
September 2, 2011: AOS invoice received, OPTIN email for EP sent
September 7, 2011: Paid AOS bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 9, 2011)
September 8, 2011: OPTIN email accepted, GZO number assigned
September 10, 2011: Emailed AOS package
September 12, 2011: IV bill invoiced
September 13, 2011: Paid IV bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 14, 2011)
September 14, 2011: Emailed IV package
October 3, 2011: Emailed checklist response (checklist generated due to typo on Form DS-230)
October 6, 2011: Case complete at NVC
November 10, 2011: Interview - APPROVED!!!
December 7, 2011: POE - Sea-Tac Airport

September 17, 2013: Mailed I-751 to CSC

September 23, 2013: Received NOA1 in mail (receipt date September 19th)

October 16, 2013: Biometrics Appointment

January 28, 2014: Production of new Green Card ordered

February 3, 2014: New Green Card received; done with USCIS until fall of 2023*

December 18, 2023:  Filed I-90 to renew Green Card

December 21, 2023:  Production of new Green Card ordered - will be seeing USCIS again every 10 years for renewal

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

Yes your wife can attend the CFO seminar before the interview they will give her a certificate at that time, she will need to return for the sticker after she has her visa but that only takes about 30 minutes.

center] CFO: [/center]

ALL exiting required to attend. There have been changes regarding CFO so for sure read through their website.

Update: Please check the schedule of the counseling session before proceeding to CFO because it is country-specific and the slots are limited only to 15 per session (exception: Tuesday & Thursday mornings there are 30 slots). It is on a first-come-first-serve basis.

CFO Online Registration Form: http://www.cfo.gov.ph/pdf/downloadable%20forms/registrationform.pdf Complete this and print a couple copies to bring to the CFO seminar, it will save you time.

http://www.philembassy.no/sites/default/files/downloads/new_gcp_flyer.pdf

http://www.cfo.gov.ph/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=1348:fiancee-spouses-and-other-partners-of-foreign-nationals&catid=140

Required documents & "OTHER DOCUMENTS" they ask for at CFO: copies of; CENOMAR, certified birth certificate, bio page of passport, visa page from passport, pictures together. From USC - bio page of passport, birth certificate, divorce decree (if been married before) are the most common requests. The "other documents" clause can be ANYTHING with those nit-wits at CFO.

** From the Family Code of the Philippines: it's 21-25 years old for advice and 18-21 years old for consent. (Some are posted on VJ that they were not asked for this, yet others have been asked, so be prepared)

Art. 14. In case either or both of the contracting parties, not having been emancipated by a previous marriage, are between the ages of eighteen and twenty-one, they shall, in addition to the requirements of the preceding articles, exhibit to the local civil registrar, the consent to their marriage of their father, mother, surviving parent or guardian, or persons having legal charge of them, in the order mentioned. Such consent shall be manifested in writing by the interested party, who personally appears before the proper local civil registrar, or in the form of an affidavit made in the presence of two witnesses and attested before any official authorized by law to administer oaths. The personal manifestation shall be recorded in both applications for marriage license, and the affidavit, if one is executed instead, shall be attached to said applications. (61a)

Art. 15. Any contracting party between the age of twenty-one and twenty-five shall be obliged to ask their parents or guardian for advice upon the intended marriage. If they do not obtain such advice, or if it be unfavorable, the marriage license shall not be issued till after three months following the completion of the publication of the application therefor.A sworn statement by the contracting parties to the effect that such advice has been sought,together with the written advice given, if any, shall be attached to the application for marriage license. Should the parents or guardian refuse to give any advice, this fact shall be stated in the sworn statement.

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.