SAM_LEO

AOS Joint sponsor with parents..Need your (poverty line)

11 posts in this topic

Filed: FB-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

My sister is filling AOS for a spouse visa ....she has submitted AOS fees and now she is going to submit AOS ... her income is not as per the poverty line so she is going to file AOS with parents as a joint sponsor..... i want to ask 3 question

1.. If she is going to file with parents as a joint sponsor as a household member she has to file I-864 and I-864a ..is it right?

2.. does her income will be added with parents income to meet the poverty line requirement or or my parents have to meet the poverty line with there income alone without adding my sister income eg - poverty line is $29000 , sister income is $15000 and parents (mom dad together with single tax return) income is 24000 for for meeting the poverty line we have to add sis and parents income i.e $15000 + 24000 =$39000 .. is this possible or not as none of them alone can meet the poverty line

3... parents (mom and dad) clear there tax return together and get a single w2s form ....... so please tell......she has to fill two different i-864a form for mom ad dad separately or is there any other form as on single I-864a we can fill details of one person (household sponsor)

Please guide with with these three questions i will be very thank full to all VJ members

Thanks

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline

My sister is filling AOS for a spouse visa ....she has submitted AOS fees and now she is going to submit AOS ... her income is not as per the poverty line so she is going to file AOS with parents as a joint sponsor..... i want to ask 3 question

1.. If she is going to file with parents as a joint sponsor as a household member she has to file I-864 and I-864a ..is it right?

2.. does her income will be added with parents income to meet the poverty line requirement or or my parents have to meet the poverty line with there income alone without adding my sister income eg - poverty line is $29000 , sister income is $15000 and parents (mom dad together with single tax return) income is 24000 for for meeting the poverty line we have to add sis and parents income i.e $15000 + 24000 =$39000 .. is this possible or not as none of them alone can meet the poverty line

3... parents (mom and dad) clear there tax return together and get a single w2s form ....... so please tell......she has to fill two different i-864a form for mom ad dad separately or is there any other form as on single I-864a we can fill details of one person (household sponsor)

Please guide with with these three questions i will be very thank full to all VJ members

Thanks

she cannot combine all 3 incomes, there cannot be 2 i864A. she has to file the i864 anyway. the parents can combine their own income without their daughters. one of them files the i864 and the other as spouse and household member will file the i864A

the parents alone barely make it, for 3, meaning parents and son in law, is $23,862 and you say their income is 24K, I'm not sure if immigration will accept it. do they have assets?

or your sister can combine her income with one of her parents, she files the i864 and one of her parents files the i864A

or your sister can find someone else to become her joint sponsor. she files the i864 and the other person files another i864, but they don't combine their incomes.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Thanks

Hi SAM_LEO,

We had to do this since I am a Housewife living in India with my husband. Obviously I didn't meet the income poverty line. ;)

So, what my Lawyer did was have ME file a I-864.

My DAD also filed an I-864 as a JOINT Sponsor and because HE didn't meet the income level for 4 people in a household (because we would be living with them at first, he had to clear enough for him, my Mom and my husband and I), the Lawyer had my MOM file an I-864a (co-sponsor) on my DAD's I-864.

That brought the income up to meet the standards. My Dad filed Jointly with me and my Mom was a co-sponsor on my Dad's petition (I-864).

I hope this helps you. Let me know if you have any questions.

08/2007 - Met at work

10/2007 - Started chatting

05/2008 - He was back in USA for work

07/2008 - Started dating

01/2009 - ENGAGED!

07/2009 - Convinced his family for our Marriage

08/2009 - MARRIED!!

10/2009 - Moved to India

02/2011 - My Father diagnosed with Cancer (since Recovered)

08/2011 - Filed for I-130 during trip to US, hired Lawyer.

08/22/2011 - NOA1.

02/2012 - Still waiting for NOA2 Approval

03/06/2012 - I-130 Approved!!!! Thank you GOD and USCIS!!

05/09/2012 - AOS and DS-230 Checklist from NVC.

05/31/2012 - AOS and DS-230 sent together to NVC.

06/13/2012 - Email from NVC RFE for AOS documents already sent????

07/13/2012 - ANOTHER Email from NVC RFE for AOS documents already signed!!!

8/6/2012 - Packet 4 Received! Interview date assigned!!

9/28/2012 - Immigration Interview - APPROVED!!!

Nnqmp5.png

Timeline

she cannot combine all 3 incomes, there cannot be 2 i864A. she has to file the i864 anyway. the parents can combine their own income without their daughters. one of them files the i864 and the other as spouse and household member will file the i864A

the parents alone barely make it, for 3, meaning parents and son in law, is $23,862 and you say their income is 24K, I'm not sure if immigration will accept it. do they have assets?

or your sister can combine her income with one of her parents, she files the i864 and one of her parents files the i864A

or your sister can find someone else to become her joint sponsor. she files the i864 and the other person files another i864, but they don't combine their incomes.

i am clear with 1st and 3rd question

and bout your reply {or your sister can combine her income with one of her parents, she files the i864 and one of her parents files the i864A} how can be with one parent as (mom + Dad )they file income tax return together on a single file

Hi SAM_LEO,

We had to do this since I am a Housewife living in India with my husband. Obviously I didn't meet the income poverty line. ;)

So, what my Lawyer did was have ME file a I-864.

My DAD also filed an I-864 as a JOINT Sponsor and because HE didn't meet the income level for 4 people in a household (because we would be living with them at first, he had to clear enough for him, my Mom and my husband and I), the Lawyer had my MOM file an I-864a (co-sponsor) on my DAD's I-864.

That brought the income up to meet the standards. My Dad filed Jointly with me and my Mom was a co-sponsor on my Dad's petition (I-864).

I hope this helps you. Let me know if you have any questions.

i am clear with 1st and 3rd question .......my sis has to file i-864 and my father has to file I-864 too and mom had to file I-864a house hold member (plz tell me am i right with this)... about 2nd question my mom and dad file income tax together so they are having one w form so plz let me know that my parents (mom +dad ) income and my sis income can be added together to meet the poverty line or not

Edited by SAM_LEO

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline

i am clear with 1st and 3rd question

and bout your reply {or your sister can combine her income with one of her parents, she files the i864 and one of her parents files the i864A} how can be with one parent as (mom + Dad )they file income tax return together on a single file

i am clear with 1st and 3rd question .......my sis has to file i-864 and my father has to file I-864 too and mom had to file I-864a house hold member (plz tell me am i right with this)... about 2nd question my mom and dad file income tax together so they are having one w form so plz let me know that my parents (mom +dad ) income and my sis income can be added together to meet the poverty line or not

your parents have individual incomes, does each one work and they both have W2s? as said, she cannot combine all 3 incomes, because you do not combine 2 i864s. your father would put his individual income on the i864, your mother, her income on the i864A and add it on her husband's i864.

your sister will file as sponsor, your father will be the joint sponsor, and his wife would be the household member. so the married couple would combine their incomes, but their incomes cannot combine with their daughters.

to combine all of them would have to be household members, and your father in this case would not be considered as a household member.

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

so there are only two member who are familiar with AS process

It's not a vote. You have the information you need. The USC sponsor does not combine their income with the joint sponsor unless they are actually all part of the same household. If you want another opinion, I suggest you carefully study the I-864 instructions.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Timeline

It's not a vote. You have the information you need. The USC sponsor does not combine their income with the joint sponsor unless they are actually all part of the same household. If you want another opinion, I suggest you carefully study the I-864 instructions.

Thanks for your reply ..... i am agree with your advice ...i just want to make sure that my mom, dad and sis live together and Mom+dad pay tax together.....plz make me sure that all three of them can combine there income to meet the requirement.... AND ONE MORE THING.... MOM DAD HAS TO FILE I-864(DAD) AND i-864a (MOM) OR BOTH OF THEM HAVE TO FILE i-864A

WAITING FOR YOUR REPLY

THANKS

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

Thanks for your reply ..... i am agree with your advice ...i just want to make sure that my mom, dad and sis live together and Mom+dad pay tax together.....plz make me sure that all three of them can combine there income to meet the requirement.... AND ONE MORE THING.... MOM DAD HAS TO FILE I-864(DAD) AND i-864a (MOM) OR BOTH OF THEM HAVE TO FILE i-864A

WAITING FOR YOUR REPLY

THANKS

As I told you, this has already been answered. Living in the same house is not the same as being in the same household. The US Citizen spouse is a married adult, not a dependent or household member of her parents. The parents can combine their income but the spouse/sponsor does not combine income with the parents. Spouse one I-654 and one parent an I-864 and other I-864a. You've already been told this. Have you read the instructions?

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.