paustin

How long?

16 posts in this topic

• 1 month later...

We filed our I-129F petition with AWA waiver request on June 13th, 2012. How long before we can inquire USCIS about its status? It's like no update nothing on the status online.

I can't speak of anything concerning AWA, but I-129F petitions are currently being adjudicated at a 5 months average. Some more, some less, but I think you have quite a while before hearing a peep from USCIS.

Our K-1 and AOS Journey

05/12-05/22/10-met my sweetheart and family(had lots of fun!)
12/13-12/26/11-met again for engagement/Christmas
04/10/12-I-129F petition sent
04/13/12-USPS delivery confirmation
04/18/12-NOA1 text/email
04/21/12-NOA1(receipt 04/17/12)
10/10/12-NOA2 text
10/15/12-NOA2 letter received
10/27/12-NVC letter received
11/28/12-Medical Exam-PASSED
12/07/12-K-1 Interview-APPROVED

02/12/13-POE-Atlanta
03/04/13-Wedding
03/27/13-AOS,EAD,AP delivered
04/03/13-NOAs text/email
04/08/13-NOAs received
04/26/13-Biometrics appointment(walk-in done 04/17)

06/03/13-EAD card production/AP post decision approval

06/10/13-EAD/AP combo card received

04/04/14-AOS card production/decision

04/11/14-NOA2 welcome to the USA

04/12/14-Received GC

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Please protect your feelings and emotions.

Most of our petitions are or were readily accepted I think it is required and they want the cash you are paying.

The they review and schedule Biometrics(finger prints) of the AWA petitioner.

Then there is an AHA moment in their process were they realize you are telling the truth and you are sent to the BackGround checks dept.

Here in the Back ground checks dept there is no transparancey or checks and balance as to the true nature of what they are doing.

I can not tell you how long it will be as we are still in back ground checks and there are no other criminal activities in my past ( I have the 1 offense; 1 charge; no longer have any requirments from the government) and we are

3 years 2 months running in back ground checks.

so prepare yourselves for possibly a long ride.

I originally filed July of 2009, still waiting on my appeal

07-24-2009 Received NOA1
08-05-2009 Touched
10-02-2009 I-797C for Biometrics Appt
10-26-2009 Biometrics Appt. Completed
05-11-2010 Request for Evidence on both the I129F and I130
07-01-2010 Case Transferred to Vermont Service Center
10-20-2011 Contacted Ombudsman
02-07-2012 Case denied after almost 3 years =(
03-07-2012 Appeal Filed!
01-20-2013 Contacted Ombudsman again...

06-25-2013 EOIR Appeal Review

Visit my blog at http://goo.gl/ON4wG/

atckcgod5n.png

• 3 weeks later...

Filed in Feb 2008, denied in December 2011 - 3 months short of 4 years. My case had been denied for 8 month now, and the web site still shows "initial review", just like it had been showing for all 4 years.

Edited by kazuava

• 4 weeks later...
Filed: Timeline

I am getting this update today:

On October 4, 2012, we transferred this case I129F PETITION FOR FIANCE(E) to another office for processing and sent you a notice explaining this action. Please follow any instructions provided on the notice. We will notify you by mail when a decision is made. If you move while this case is pending, please use our Change of Address online tool to update your case with your new address or call our customer service center at 1-800-375-5283.

Does this mean they transfered this to Vermont Service Center - the long wait one?

• 1 month later...
Timeline

I am getting this update today:

On October 4, 2012, we transferred this case I129F PETITION FOR FIANCE(E) to another office for processing and sent you a notice explaining this action. Please follow any instructions provided on the notice. We will notify you by mail when a decision is made. If you move while this case is pending, please use our Change of Address online tool to update your case with your new address or call our customer service center at 1-800-375-5283.

Does this mean they transfered this to Vermont Service Center - the long wait one?

This is normal.

The long wait will start now as the background checks begin.

after your second service call in 6 months envolve the Ombudsman and your Congressman maybe it will help.

We recieved our RFE last week 3.5 years after submitting same timeline as kazuava.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Timeline

evil, what is your RFE if I may ask?

Very standard

If you intend to prove you are nto AWA then you send evidence refuting the allegation.

If you are AWA and you intend to send evidence you are not a threat then you submit evidence as the following:

1. ALL court records including all minutes and disposition (they all must be certified)

2. All criminal arrests made no matter the disposition of the case(s);

3. all Attorney records for any case (my attorney destroyed records after 10 years.

4. All records of the SORB or in my case SOMB (Sex Offender Managment Board) they do not keep records once you complete registration; they are purged form the system. I feel bad for those that live in the AWA states. I went to each city I lived in and obtained the registration forms I have 3 that could not be found from the first year.

5. Any SO treatment programs you completed. Unfortunately most clinics destroy any files after 7 years.

6. Any Risk Assesment that you would be given; I was never given one so I paid for one in 2010 for this petition. (now they want it certified) BTW it can not be done in 87 days if you work full time.

7. Any letters from family and friends stating you are not a risk (must be notarized)

8. Notarized letter form you and your significant other stating all disclosure and that she feels safe and me stating I would never harm her.

9. eveidence of you doing good works in the community (what if you travel for work as I do every week)

10 any evidence that would show you are not a threat to her.

My original attorney was fired recently after recieving the RFE as he was very ignorant of what to do. Many items on the list were submitted but not notarized or certified. My new attorney is more expensive $3500 just to respond to the RFE and the inital filing of the appeal in the federal appeals court.

If it gets to court I could be looking at $10-20K more.

I am very confident in what this attorney tells me and will not disclose much but after discussing with him our options he was very educated and honest.

The first thing he stated was there are no guarantees.

The second the AWA is unconstituional.

the remaining items we discussed will remain confidential.

If you are interested in the attorney I will provide his information as it was provided to me.

• 1 month later...
Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Hungary
Timeline

we are going to appeal but why your got your appeal result so quick just around one month, what did they say?

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Hungary
Timeline

Filed in Feb 2008, denied in December 2011 - 3 months short of 4 years. My case had been denied for 8 month now, and the web site still shows "initial review", just like it had been showing for all 4 years.

Please what going on now did you appeal?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.