Soft

is this 5 months wasted?????

19 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

my fiance summitted our k1 applications and couldnt hear anything since then,after series of calls and emails a friend to me to tell her to call uscis and promt as if he wants a change of adress and then told them she wants to speak with the most superior she eventualy got through to her, her name is Debra O'conner that what she told me her name was,she listened to her complain but she said they couldnt find our file in the system and even at their office i mean n trace so my fiance is told resend all the documents and the receipt of the previous 395usd they deducted from her account and then shes asked to pay another 395usd now when sending the new documents that the previous 395usd will be returnd to her and that she herself will monitor the file and hasten it....im so confused right now guys please advice me on what to do......does this mean 5months is wasted now????? my fiance is ready to send another tommorrow but i told her to let me get back to her from what i hear from you guys....thanks mates

Timeline

no we didnt she only told me they told her they have goten our papers when she called but could input it on computer due to some technical ish and since then nothing more

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

no we didnt she only told me they told her they have goten our papers when she called but could input it on computer due to some technical ish and since then nothing more

I am confused your timeline says you received NOA1 back in May. If that is the case your petition is probably still being processed. The average time is presently about 5 months from NOA1 to NOA2, which would put you in October. I am having a difficult time understanding. Did you get anything in the mail from USCIS after the petition was received?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

my fiance summitted our k1 applications and couldnt hear anything since then,after series of calls and emails a friend to me to tell her to call uscis and promt as if he wants a change of adress and then told them she wants to speak with the most superior she eventualy got through to her, her name is Debra O'conner that what she told me her name was,she listened to her complain but she said they couldnt find our file in the system and even at their office i mean n trace so my fiance is told resend all the documents and the receipt of the previous 395usd they deducted from her account and then shes asked to pay another 395usd now when sending the new documents that the previous 395usd will be returnd to her and that she herself will monitor the file and hasten it....im so confused right now guys please advice me on what to do......does this mean 5months is wasted now????? my fiance is ready to send another tommorrow but i told her to let me get back to her from what i hear from you guys....thanks mates

This is why in previous posts you have made you were told to have your fiancee call and ask to speak to a tier 2 actual person that could look up her case instead of waiting. This really is confusing because the I-129F petition fee is $340 and not $395.

Unfortunately, it is possible you wasted months waiting while your file was lost. It sounds like they want her to resend the whole thing, including a new payment fee and include proof that the first fee she sent was already cashed and deducted? I would think she would resend it with proof they already cashed her first check instead of giving them another one. I am not sure how the Debra O'Conner person can monitor and hasten a new petition being sent in. Is she supposed to send it and then call the woman back so she can check on the new one after it is filed? This is all confusing indeed.

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Laos
Timeline

If your fiance paid 395 USD, more than likely it was returned for a correct amount. Maybe he might of missed the package or threw it away with the rest of the junk mails? But 129F is 350 USD not a penny more or a penny less or else get sent back. Anyways check his bank statements if it was ever cleared should have your WAC or EAC number on the back of the check image. 5 months and no word would mean it was returned more than likely.

EDIT: 340 USD not 350 USD :bonk:

Edited by Ge and Mayyong

08/01/2011 Began chatting on phone

10/03/2011 Flew from MSP to Vientiane, Laos

10/05/2011 Arrived at Wattaya Airport

10/06/2011 Met face to face after much needed rest

10/18/2011 Proposed, asked for parents permission and blessings

*************** Time Spent within Time Period **************

********** Had to run some errands such as getting her Laos ID, Passport, Birth Certificate, Letter or Certificate of Single Status ***********

*** Everything was ran by me, don't listen to anyone trying to make a few dollars by "helping" you just because they know someone on the inside ***

11/02/2011 Got Engagement Certificate notarized and signed by witnesses and Village Leader

02/03/2012 Sent in I129F Packet

02/07/2012 Recieved Hard Copy of NOA1

06/27/2012 Recieved text and email NOA2

07/02/2012 Recieved NOA2 hardcopy via snail mail

Timeline

she didnt recieve any mail from uscis but i input my timeline due to error because i didnt know how this site works then when i just joined,i will tell her to confirm the 340usd charge from her also honestly this have caused somuch arguments even between me and my fiance but i just need a good informations from you guys please

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

If you sent a check for the wrong amount they did not process anything and therefore that is why it is not in their system. They would have sent they entire petition and documents back. You really need to get the petitioner on this site because you are not understanding what people are trying to tell you. If you don;t understand there is no way anyone here can be of any help to you!!!!!!!!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Laos
Timeline

she didnt recieve any mail from uscis but i input my timeline due to error because i didnt know how this site works then when i just joined,i will tell her to confirm the 340usd charge from her also honestly this have caused somuch arguments even between me and my fiance but i just need a good informations from you guys please

Two senario I am guessing,

One your fiance didn't send the correct amount and the package was returned and lost. So you would have to resend all the information and the correct amount back as if you are starting over again.

Two your fiance did send the correct amount and they lost your packet, which they will want you to send proof of the original payment along with the new package. However if they lost your original packet you can request it to be expedited due to their administrative error.

Not much can be done until your fiance can confirm how much she paid for the intial process. But Good Luck to the both you and hope all ends well!

08/01/2011 Began chatting on phone

10/03/2011 Flew from MSP to Vientiane, Laos

10/05/2011 Arrived at Wattaya Airport

10/06/2011 Met face to face after much needed rest

10/18/2011 Proposed, asked for parents permission and blessings

*************** Time Spent within Time Period **************

********** Had to run some errands such as getting her Laos ID, Passport, Birth Certificate, Letter or Certificate of Single Status ***********

*** Everything was ran by me, don't listen to anyone trying to make a few dollars by "helping" you just because they know someone on the inside ***

11/02/2011 Got Engagement Certificate notarized and signed by witnesses and Village Leader

02/03/2012 Sent in I129F Packet

02/07/2012 Recieved Hard Copy of NOA1

06/27/2012 Recieved text and email NOA2

07/02/2012 Recieved NOA2 hardcopy via snail mail

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

How did your fiance pay? if she wrote a check that is easy to find...

Where did you fiance come up with the amount $395?

Also she should of received the letter when they received her packet, I doesn't seem to make sense that they would of called to let you know that they received it.

There are some scam sites so just make sure she sent the correct application to the correct place. If you are able to get your original receipt number then maybe you will be able to expediate your case due to their service error.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Two senario I am guessing,

One your fiance didn't send the correct amount and the package was returned and lost. So you would have to resend all the information and the correct amount back as if you are starting over again.

Two your fiance did send the correct amount and they lost your packet, which they will want you to send proof of the original payment along with the new package. However if they lost your original packet you can request it to be expedited due to their administrative error.

Not much can be done until your fiance can confirm how much she paid for the intial process. But Good Luck to the both you and hope all ends well!

Three...not saying its true, but it sounds possible.....Nothing was sent at all.........:blink:........hope not....good luck!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Three...not saying its true, but it sounds possible.....Nothing was sent at all.........:blink:........hope not....good luck!

I was thinking precisely the same thing. :whistle:

12/15/2009 - K1 Visa Interview - APPROVED!

12/29/2009 - Married in Oakland, CA!

08/18/2010 - AOS Interview - APPROVED!

05/01/2013 - Removal of Conditions - APPROVED!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.