18 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Belgium
Timeline

hey everyone I have a complicated question so therefor i will give good information about myself and what i want to do .. I hope u guys can help me this forum looks like a good one !

I am born and raised in belgium and im still living there , i met 4 years ago an american girl that also is born and raised in belgium ( her father is an american) we met 4years ago and have a relationship since then , now we have concluded to go and live in the states i have bin looking for wich visa is the best applicable one for my situation , and I guess its a CR1 visa ..so does that mean that we have to marry here in belgium (but we dont live togheter ) and apply for a cr1 visa and than if its approoved than we leave belgium and go and find a house there ? or is this a whole other process can some please tell me wich visa is the best for me and what I have to do step by step ?? thanks everyone !

Timeline

If you are married it's cr1 visa...if she is your fiance it is the k-1 visa...cr1is strictly for married couples

yes but a k1 visa therefor she needs to live in the states but she is in belgium like me

so we need to get married and than apply for a cr1 visa right ? and where can i get that good information that tells me what should i do step by step ? thank u

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

no...a k 1 visa if you are engaged . if you get married in belgium before she returns to the us she will apply for cr1 when she gets to the US this is the link for the info you need for cr1 http://travel.state.gov/visa/immigrants/types/types_2991.html

good luck :)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

hey everyone I have a complicated question so therefor i will give good information about myself and what i want to do .. I hope u guys can help me this forum looks like a good one !

I am born and raised in belgium and im still living there , i met 4 years ago an american girl that also is born and raised in belgium ( her father is an american) we met 4years ago and have a relationship since then , now we have concluded to go and live in the states i have bin looking for wich visa is the best applicable one for my situation , and I guess its a CR1 visa ..so does that mean that we have to marry here in belgium (but we dont live togheter ) and apply for a cr1 visa and than if its approoved than we leave belgium and go and find a house there ? or is this a whole other process can some please tell me wich visa is the best for me and what I have to do step by step ?? thanks everyone !

The US citizen spouse must establish domicile in the US. Also the USC must meet the requirements for the I-864 affidaivt of support.

These FAQ will be helpful for you >>> http://travel.state.gov/visa/immigrants/info/info_3183.html

Study the Guides section here on VJ

Also see this page on the US Embassy Brussels website >>> http://belgium.usembassy.gov/immigrate2/for-immediate-relatives.html

I-864 Affidavit of Support FAQ -->> https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/immigrate/immigrant-process/documents/support/i-864-frequently-asked-questions.html

FOREIGN INCOME REPORTING & TAX FILING -->> https://www.irs.gov/publications/p54/ch01.html#en_US_2015_publink100047318

CALL THIS NUMBER TO ORDER IRS TAX TRANSCRIPTS >> 800-908-9946

PLEASE READ THE GUIDES -->> Link to Visa Journey Guides

MULTI ENTRY SPOUSE VISA TO VN -->>Link to Visa Exemption for Vietnamese Residents Overseas & Their Spouses

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

but before the application for the visa id filed she must send a petition called the i-130 to the USCIS that is the first step before filing for the visa and here is the link http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis/menuitem.5af9bb95919f35e66f614176543f6d1a/?vgnextoid=c67c7f9ded54d010VgnVCM10000048f3d6a1RCRD

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Belgium
Timeline

Hey there, see your inbox. I'm on the same route as you want to follow.

09/2011: Trying to get my wife's birth certificate (took 4 months, thx to USPS)

14/02/12: Marriage

21/02/12: I-130 package sent.

24/02/12: I-130 package arrived @ Chicago lockbox

29/02/12: NOA 1 by E-mail

29/02/12: Contacted US accountant for IRS filing.

07/03/12: NOA 2 by E-mail - Your I-130 was approved in 7 days from your NOA1 date

12/03/12: File arrived at NVC

29/03/12: Confirmation of e-mailed DS-3032

30/03/12: Received DS-3032 / I-864 Bill by e-mail

04/04/12: I-864 & DS-230 fee bill paid.

05/04/12: NVC payment portal shows 'paid' status.

13/04/12: Sent out DS-230 & I-864 Package

16/04/12: DS-230 & I864 package received by NVC

21/04/12: Received Checklist for proof of of residency & foreign tax

25/04/12: Sent out reply on checklist

01/05/12: Telephone confirmation of a closed case!

11/05/12: Case complete e-mail and interview date

23/05/12: Medical

05/06/12: Interview!

event.png

• 1 month later...
Timeline

hey everybody

i have a complicated question

so I am a belgian citizen and my girlfriend is born and raised also in Belgium

but her father is an american and so she has the american pasport aswell

We are not married yet is it possible for us to go to america through the K1 visa while she

lives here in belgium ( we dont live togheter) we are a couple for more then 4 years now

or does she have to live in america in order to apply for the k1 visa ??

someone please help me out ?

Is your intention to move to the US if granted the K-1, or are you two planning to stay in Belgium?

hey everybody

i have a complicated question

so I am a belgian citizen and my girlfriend is born and raised also in Belgium

but her father is an american and so she has the american pasport aswell

We are not married yet is it possible for us to go to america through the K1 visa while she

lives here in belgium ( we dont live togheter) we are a couple for more then 4 years now

or does she have to live in america in order to apply for the k1 visa ??

someone please help me out ?

Part One: The K-1 Visa Journey:

USCIS Receipt of I-129F: January 24, 2012 | Petition Approval: June 15, 2012 (No RFEs)
Interview: October 24, 2012 - Review | Visa Delivered: October 31, 2012

Part Two: Entry and Adjusting Status:

POE: November 18, 2012 (at SFO) - Review
Wedding: December 1, 2012 | Social Security: New cards received on December 7, 2012.
AOS Package (I-485/I-765/I-131) NOA1: February 19, 2013 | Biometrics Appt.: March 18, 2013
AP/EAD Approved: April 29, 2013 | Card Received: May 6, 2013 | AOS Interview Appt.: May 16, 2013 - Approved Review Card Received: May 24, 2013

Part Three: Removal of Conditions:

Coming Soon...

"When you're born you get a ticket to the freak show. When you're born in America, you get a front row seat." – George Carlin

hey

no we want to live in america ..

Ok. First, be sure to read the K-1 guide: http://www.visajourney.com/content/k1guide

There are folks on VJ who are petitioning for someone while living abroad. However, she will likely need to have a US Citizen or US Permanent Resident co-sponsor if she doesn't meet the financial guidelines since she's living abroad.

Part One: The K-1 Visa Journey:

USCIS Receipt of I-129F: January 24, 2012 | Petition Approval: June 15, 2012 (No RFEs)
Interview: October 24, 2012 - Review | Visa Delivered: October 31, 2012

Part Two: Entry and Adjusting Status:

POE: November 18, 2012 (at SFO) - Review
Wedding: December 1, 2012 | Social Security: New cards received on December 7, 2012.
AOS Package (I-485/I-765/I-131) NOA1: February 19, 2013 | Biometrics Appt.: March 18, 2013
AP/EAD Approved: April 29, 2013 | Card Received: May 6, 2013 | AOS Interview Appt.: May 16, 2013 - Approved Review Card Received: May 24, 2013

Part Three: Removal of Conditions:

Coming Soon...

"When you're born you get a ticket to the freak show. When you're born in America, you get a front row seat." – George Carlin

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Ok. First, be sure to read the K-1 guide: http://www.visajourn...content/k1guide

There are folks on VJ who are petitioning for someone while living abroad. However, she will likely need to have a US Citizen or US Permanent Resident co-sponsor if she doesn't meet the financial guidelines since she's living abroad.

Also the setting up of US Domicile. You will have to show that whether living with someone or getting your own place.

Case Complete to Interview spreadsheet

From now on your VJ Member name will be verified. If the name you put on form to be added to spreadsheet comes up not found, you will not be added to the spreadsheet. If you don't have a timeline you will not be added to the spreadsheet.

Please Please put your VJ member name only. Not nicknames or real names whatever your VJ name is. It's below your profile picture!!

Come join the current Interview thread: 

DQ-to-Interview-2023-all-countries

Case Complete to Interview Spreadsheet
Case Complete to Interview Form

ROC I-751
5/21/2018: Filed i751 ROC
6/12/2018: NOA1 Date
3/5/2019: Biometrics Appt
12/28/2019: 18 month Extension has expired
1/9/2020: InfoPass Appt to get stamp in Passport
2/27/2020: Combo Interview (ROC and Citizenship)
3/31/2020: submitted service request for being pass normal processing time
4/7/2020: Card being produced
4/8/2020: Approved
4/10/2020: Card mailed
4/15/2020: 10 year green card received

N-400
5/21/2019: Filed Online
5/21/2019: NOA1 Date
6/13/2019: Biometrics Appt
2/27/2020: Citizenship Interview
4/7/2020: In queue for Oath Ceremony to be scheduled
6/19/2020: Notice Oath Ceremony scheduled
7/8/2020: Oath Ceremony (Houston)

Actually you two could get married in Belgium and file DCF that would get you there faster and cheaper and you would enter a permanent resident. Check to make sure that Belgium allows DCF, I believe they used to at least.

England.gif England!

And in this crazy life, and through these crazy times

It's you, it's you, You make me sing.

You're every line, you're every word, you're everything.

b0cb1a39c4.png

ROC Timeline

Sent: 7/21/12

NOA1: 7/23/12

Touch: 7/24/2012

Biometrics: 8/24/2012

Card Production Ordered: 3/6/2013

*Eligible for Naturalization: October 13, 2013*

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Actually you two could get married in Belgium and file DCF that would get you there faster and cheaper and you would enter a permanent resident. Check to make sure that Belgium allows DCF, I believe they used to at least.

:thumbs:

It looks like Belgium does not have DCF though: http://belgium.usembassy.gov/immigrate2/for-immediate-relatives.html

However, if you both live abroad, you could probably get an auto-expedite for your I-130 if you choose to get married there and go that route: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/357465-usc-petitioner-living-abroad/

Compare visa choices here: http://www.visajourney.com/content/compare

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.