michaelhill

RFE help (Confused)

32 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Hi everyone.

I obtained the conditional GC through marriage. We are still happily married. I went to take the biometrics in February 2012. Recently I received a request for evidence, but not asking for anything in particular. Back in November I sent all the documents I could possibly think of:

- Rental agreement

- Joint Tax Returns for the past 2 years

- Joint car insurance

- Joint bank account

- Family pictures and videos

- Utility bills with both our names from the past 2 years (water, electricity, phone...etc)

- Sworn affidavits by 2 different people(notarized)

- Dog contract with both our names

- Cover letter with all the listed evidence

We don't have children, and we don't have a mortgage. We don't use bank loans neither. We barely go out on trips...so no proof of trips together (we don't have time for trips, I WISH we did though).

So I have 3 questions:

1-Do you think they lost all the evidence? Do they let you know if they lose it? Should I sent it all again plus new stuff? Why don't they specify at all? It is vague, and quite scary.

2 What else can I send?

3-What's up with that small envelope they ask you to submit your RFE in? It is way too small for documents to fit in. Any suggestions?

I want to say one more thing though. We realized we NEVER sent out life insurance documentation, I don't know why, we simply forgot about it. My wife added me as the beneficiary there, in 2009. That's the only thing I can think of sending back. Would that help? Should we write a letter with it explaining we sent all we have and the only thing we have left is the life insurance?

Thanks for your help guys.

Edited by michaelhill

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline

Honestly, it seems a lot of times they send out a RFE just to stall for time and be able to put your file on the bottom of the stack again - seeing how they're always drowning in work and stuff. I would send again all the stuff you already sent.

05/2007 - got married in Germany

05/2007 - filed I-130 via DCF in Frankfurt

08/2007 - interview to prove bona fide marriage

09/2007 - hubby PCSed to GA

10/2007 - hubby deployed to Iraq

04/2008 - hubby on RnR in Germany

08/2008 - received CR-1 visa

12/2008 - flew to GA alone to welcome home the hubs

09/2009 - PCSed to CA

03/2010 - we're pregnant!

06/2010 - applied for German "BBG" to retain German citizenship during naturalization

08/2010 - BBG granted

09/2010 - filed ROC

12/2010 - received 10 year GC

12/2010 - our little miracle is born!!!

01/2011 - PCSed to Germany

01/2012 - filed N-400 for overseas naturalization

03-15-2012 - Best of Both Worlds, I'm a dual citizen :-)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Joint car insurance - with this did you include copys of your drivers licenses showing living at the same address?

Send life insurance.

You have nothing saying you own your home / rental property together? If you rent from parents then have them write up a contract and sign it showing how long you lived there what you pay for etc.

-------------------------------------------- as1cE-a0g410010MjgybHN8MDA5Njk4c3xNYXJyaWVkIGZvcg.gif

Your I-129f was approved in 5 days from your NOA1 date.

Your interview took 67 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

AOS was approved in 2 months and 8 days without interview.

ROC was approved in 3 months and 2 days without interview.

I am a Citizen of the United States of America. 04/16/13

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Indonesia
Timeline

yeah.. I've heard theories that they send RFE to stall. Not sure how true that is.

It is definitely possible for them to lose things. So I would definitely send everything again and then some.

The list of things you sent originally looks pretty good..

The life insurance policy is good especially if it shows that she added you in 2009 (instead of having it done recently as a result of the RFE), and you should definitely send that.

Do you have joint health insurance? dental?

Retirement/401K plans showing each other as beneficiary?

Can you post the RFE letter (blacking out names and sensitive information of course)

Might also help others in the process to see what it says exactly.

Joint car insurance - with this did you include copys of your drivers licenses showing living at the same address?

Send life insurance.

You have nothing saying you own your home / rental property together? If you rent from parents then have them write up a contract and sign it showing how long you lived there what you pay for etc.

They sent their rental agreement

AOS 05/08/10 - sent05/14/10 - receipt date on NOAs - transferred to National Benefits Center06/14/10 - Biometrics Done - Lawrence, MA (original appt)07/26/10 - Interview - APPROVED!!07/30/10 - Welcome letter rec'd (notice date: 07/26)08/05/10 - Green Card (&EAD) Received! - 2 months and 28 days total!ROC 04/28/12 - ROC package sent05/03/12 - check cashed05/04/12 - NOA1 received - dated 05/01/1206/07/12 - Biometrics done02/07/13 - Approved (status update via text msg)02/14/13 - Ten year Green card receivedNaturalization07/26/13 - eligible (90 day window opened 4/27/13)02/24/14 - N-400 sent to Dallas03/04/14 - Check cashed & case accepted (update via txt & email)03/10/14 - Biometrics appt letter rec'd (scheduled for 03/28/13)03/28/14 - Biometrics done04/01/14 - In line for interview 04/03/14 - Case status change to scheduled for interview04/10/14 - interview letter rec'd 5/13/14 - interview 6/3/14 - in line for oath 6/30/14 - Scheduled for oath

Send life insurance.

Yep, we sent driver's licenses too. We sent rental agreement as well.

yeah.. I've heard theories that they send RFE to stall. Not sure how true that is.

It is definitely possible for them to lose things. So I would definitely send everything again and then some.

The list of things you sent originally looks pretty good..

The life insurance policy is good especially if it shows that she added you in 2009 (instead of having it done recently as a result of the RFE), and you should definitely send that.

Do you have joint health insurance? dental?

Retirement/401K plans showing each other as beneficiary?

Can you post the RFE letter (blacking out names and sensitive information of course)

Might also help others in the process to see what it says exactly.

They sent their rental agreement

Wouldn't it be a problem to send a different envelope that the small one they sent? Can I use a bigger one? Maybe I should attach the small envelope to the big one somehow? I hope they didn't lose all the information. If I have to send it all, then I will have to use a bigger envelope.

We don't have health insurance together, or dental. The only thing showing me as beneficiary is the life insurance :(

I would attach the RFE letter, but I don't have a scanner. It sounds like it is a generic one...I will re-read it again and type some of it here.

If they lost it, wouldn't they tell you? Or they wouldn't admit to it?

Thanks for your replies every one, you are great.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Yep, we sent driver's licenses too. We sent rental agreement as well.

Wouldn't it be a problem to send a different envelope that the small one they sent? Can I use a bigger one? Maybe I should attach the small envelope to the big one somehow? I hope they didn't lose all the information. If I have to send it all, then I will have to use a bigger envelope.

We don't have health insurance together, or dental. The only thing showing me as beneficiary is the life insurance :(

I would attach the RFE letter, but I don't have a scanner. It sounds like it is a generic one...I will re-read it again and type some of it here.

If they lost it, wouldn't they tell you? Or they wouldn't admit to it?

Thanks for your replies every one, you are great.

They wont tell you if they lost it of course not. They just RFE you.

Is your evidence spanning 2 years? This could be another reason for a general RFE because they don't think you sent enough. ( and I mean all of it not just utility bills / tax returns. )

Edited by Inky

-------------------------------------------- as1cE-a0g410010MjgybHN8MDA5Njk4c3xNYXJyaWVkIGZvcg.gif

Your I-129f was approved in 5 days from your NOA1 date.

Your interview took 67 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

AOS was approved in 2 months and 8 days without interview.

ROC was approved in 3 months and 2 days without interview.

I am a Citizen of the United States of America. 04/16/13

They wont tell you if they lost it of course not. They just RFE you.

Is your evidence spanning 2 years? This could be another reason for a general RFE because they don't think you sent enough.

Yes, the evidence is spanning 2 years.

Ok, so I managed to scan it. It basically asks for everything. I am not sure I am reading it right.

I sent driver's licenses, legible copy of green card....etc. I just don't get it. I don't know what they did with it.

Same about the financial stuff to prove bonafide marriage. There are no foreign documents whatsoever...I don't know what they are talking about there, perhaps it is just a reminder that they need to be translated (not applicable here).

What do you suggest? Maybe I am reading it the wrong way.

post-135112-0-50401200-1339970257_thumb.jpg

Yes, the evidence is spanning 2 years.

Ok, so I managed to scan it. It basically asks for everything. I am not sure I am reading it right.

I sent driver's licenses, legible copy of green card....etc. I just don't get it. I don't know what they did with it.

Same about the financial stuff to prove bonafide marriage. There are no foreign documents whatsoever...I don't know what they are talking about there, perhaps it is just a reminder that they need to be translated (not applicable here).

What do you suggest? Maybe I am reading it the wrong way.

post-135112-0-50401200-1339970257_thumb.jpg

I mean, everything requested there was already sent back in november. The only thing is the life insurance. Other than that, most of those examples they show on the letter were already sent. They do say "We have reviewed it". Either they lost it, or it is insufficient. I am just afraid of only sending the life insurance document. But then, can I just use a bigger envelope for it so I send it all again?

Thanks again

Edited by michaelhill

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Vietnam
Timeline

I think you can use a bigger envelope because you need a bigger one to put al evidence inside anyway. I am surprised that you receive RFE because seems like you have many joint documents. Is it true that they send RFE for fun like that? Gruuuu not a topic to play heart attack game :angry:

I think you can use a bigger envelope because you need a bigger one to put al evidence inside anyway. I am surprised that you receive RFE because seems like you have many joint documents. Is it true that they send RFE for fun like that? Gruuuu not a topic to play heart attack game :angry:

Thanks for your reply. I will use a bigger envelope. LOL, I know, I am about to have a heart attack. I don't know if they do it for fun or not...I want to believe they don't! lol. Scary, I guess I will send it all again, at least the important documentation, plus the life insurance that we have been forgetting.

Did anybody read the letter I attached and do you have have any suggestions? I believe they are talking in general terms right? No specific documentation is asked for.

Edited by michaelhill

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

most rfe ask for curtern things,if you can try some of these, joint credit cards,both driver license showing the same address,insurance.medical, life.tax transcripts joint,medical bills.dental bills.some cards birthday, xmas,annavisery,junk mail address to both of you some pictures togather different places and dates,your church dues receipts,did you buy any thing on credit togather like furniture, car, loan,both names on the contract,dog or cat to the vet bills.children in school report cards,cell phones family plan,

most rfe ask for curtern things,if you can try some of these, joint credit cards,both driver license showing the same address,insurance.medical, life.tax transcripts joint,medical bills.dental bills.some cards birthday, xmas,annavisery,junk mail address to both of you some pictures togather different places and dates,your church dues receipts,did you buy any thing on credit togather like furniture, car, loan,both names on the contract,dog or cat to the vet bills.children in school report cards,cell phones family plan,

Thanks. We don't have credit cards, loans, etc. We sent tax transcripts, driver's licenses, dog contract...we don't travel really, so no pictures at different places (and some people simply aren't picture people). No children neither. I believe we sent the phone family plan...I am not sure, but thanks for the reminder, I will attach it this time just in case. The car, I wasn't able to be put my name on it, since I don't have any credit built yet (I asked the car dealers,checked my credit, said there is none). I don't know, it is quite scary to think I sent all the other stuff, and all I have left is the life insurance...which is a nice plus, but still. I do have some anniversary and birthday cards, romantic ones too (it makes me feel kind of uneasy to send it to them, but if it helps...)

Thanks again for your reply JKelly.

Edited by michaelhill

Did you provide any proof that you both use said joint account? Highlighted entries showing both your pay being directly deposited, rent payments and utilities going out? That way, you're not just resubmitting the same evidence, you're expanding on it. Just an idea...

Timeline Summary:

K-1/K-2 NOA1 - POE: 9 February - 9 July 2010

Married: 17 July 2010

AOS mailed - Interview : 22 November 2010 - 10 March 2011

ROC mailed - approved: 14 February - 18 June 2013

Citizenship mailed - ceremony: 9 February - 7 June 2017

VJ K-2 AOS Guide

Did you provide any proof that you both use said joint account? Highlighted entries showing both your pay being directly deposited, rent payments and utilities going out? That way, you're not just resubmitting the same evidence, you're expanding on it. Just an idea...

Hi Sundrop. Nope, I didn't do that. Good point. I will make sure I do that. Thanks for the advice.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Do a nice cover letter outlining each item in the packet in order, make it easy for them to read.

In Arizona its hot hot hot.

http://www.uscis.gov/dateCalculator.html

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.