M+G

People in the NVC stage of their K-1 visa

186 posts in this topic

I think this might be yours Waybill: 9138674145

I don't think DHL picked the packages up until Monday the 21st, M&G's was the same i'm sure. Good Luck!

Very interesting! Thanks so much for finding this - the 9138674145 looks like it's mine! It'll probably get there tomorrow then, that's awesome. My guess is that the Friday packages were probably left on someone's desk or in their mailroom and just didn't go out until Monday. Who knows, someone could've left early on Friday or something which happens, but it makes sense if both mine and M&G's didn't go out until Monday :)

I just like being able to see the tracking/information on dhl.com so I at least know where it is and that it's not lost or something :)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Lithuania
Timeline

That's a bummer, cause we lost two precious days! :whistle: Oh you know how it is when you're waiting!!!

But it's good to see it in transit, and this makes sense now with why the 18th never showed up on the tracker.. some lazy butt didn't send 'em out Friday!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

we actually received our noa2 approval on the 18th and now you guys got me all worried with this nvc thing going on!! just to pop a question to the lithuanian beneficiary about getting medical examination done before getting the packet 3. do you have any idea if Uk residents can just do medical examination with nvc number/code number? because i would gladly get it done before waiting for the packet 3. thanks :D

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

we actually received our noa2 approval on the 18th and now you guys got me all worried with this nvc thing going on!! just to pop a question to the lithuanian beneficiary about getting medical examination done before getting the packet 3. do you have any idea if Uk residents can just do medical examination with nvc number/code number? because i would gladly get it done before waiting for the packet 3. thanks :D

Have u seen this? http://www.visajourney.com/consulates/index.php?ctry=United Kingdom&cty=London

event.png

event.png

Timeline

She's going in for it tomorrow morning, so I will know for sure then - but from my preliminary information, all you need is the case number and or the A_ _ _ _ _ number that is listed on the NOA2, we'll find out for sure. Fact is that if we don't have something that will be needed (and only get it with packet 3) the medical will be done, just the documentation won't be finalized until that piece of information is ready. One call, one line filled out - DONE :) I don't see any issues in getting a medical prior to packet 3/interview date, they can always hold it for a few weeks. :devil:

Hi! Congratulations on your NOA2! Don't be worried about the NVC part. I called them a week after getting my NOA2, they hadn't received it yet, told me to wait 15 business days from the NOA2 date, but I was impatient and called them a few days later. After 11 calendar days, they received it and told me they were sending it out that day. Just be proactive and use other people's experiences as a guide, not as a certainty :)

I'm not totally sure about the medical exam with just the NVC number though. Check out the UK forum and this thread in particular: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/350185-london-2012-k1s-from-noa2-to-interview-thread/ I'm sure you could ask someone on here.

I understand wanting to get it done sooner, but it might be an issue of you not being in London's system just because you have an NVC case number. I got mine when I called NVC, but I think we're going to wait until we get the packet 3 letter just to be sure there aren't any problems (I've attached a copy of a packet three letter a person posted in the UK forum as a reference with all their personal info blocked out).

post-119662-0-84956800-1337719438_thumb.jpg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Thanks for the fast responds guys. I actually went to the um London embassy US consulate info and it seems that the so called packet 3 will be a simple link to where i can fill all the documents required online.

Timeline

Thanks for the fast responds guys. I actually went to the um London embassy US consulate info and it seems that the so called packet 3 will be a simple link to where i can fill all the documents required online.

Reading up on things, I can almost confirm that the Case # on the copy that orangedesk provided in the post above is not the same number as we have on the NOA2. My fiancee will be asking the doctor to hold the docs and fill out the case number upon receiving it. PLUS - did you know there is another fee your beneficiary will have to pay the embassy?? It's $240! :bonk:

info on that : http://travel.state.gov/visa/temp/types/types_1263.html

Edited by M+G

Hello from K1-CANADIAN -Beneficiary (VANCOUVER)

NOA2: May 10, 2012

"The above petition has been approved, and forwarded to the listed consulate. Please contact the consulate with any questions about visa issuance...."

As previously mentioned, every case is different. I REALLY didn't need to call the NVC regarding the status of my file, but I did yesterday.

I read the first sentence of the notice to the NVC lady, and she suggested contacting the consulate in Vancouver, 15 business days from the notice date. That call just gave my fiance (the USC) & I peace of mind until June 1st. (when the 15 business days are up).

Good luck & Happy Journeysstar_smile.gif

XYlOm10.pngGSPYm10.png
AOS: 2012-12-28
NOA's x 2: 2012-01-04
Bio App: 2012-02-05 (Honolulu, HAWAII)
Upcoming AOS Interview (March 21) RESCHEDULED between March 28 - June 6
EAD/AP combo card: 2013-03-15
AOS interview: APRIL 16th approved
Green Card: April 25th 2013 - 2015

ROC: 2015-Jan-20
NOA: 2015-Jan-27

BIO Appt: 2015-Feb-24

Approved: 2015-May-26

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Hello from K1-CANADIAN -Beneficiary (VANCOUVER)

NOA2: May 10, 2012

"The above petition has been approved, and forwarded to the listed consulate. Please contact the consulate with any questions about visa issuance...."

As previously mentioned, every case is different. I REALLY didn't need to call the NVC regarding the status of my file, but I did yesterday.

I read the first sentence of the notice to the NVC lady, and she suggested contacting the consulate in Vancouver, 15 business days from the notice date. That call just gave my fiance (the USC) & I peace of mind until June 1st. (when the 15 business days are up).

Good luck & Happy Journeysstar_smile.gif

Really??? I think it happened to us ... we received the same thing to contact the consulate instead the NVC .. but I thouhgt it was weird .. cause every case goes to NVC first .. my fiance called and one person said to contact consulate .. then he called again and talked to another person .. more high position .. so this person said no .. it was a wrong information .. dont worry .. ur case it will arrive in NVC ... 16 days waiting .. still no ... what the hell ;/

Really??? I think it happened to us ... we received the same thing to contact the consulate instead the NVC .. but I thouhgt it was weird .. cause every case goes to NVC first .. my fiance called and one person said to contact consulate .. then he called again and talked to another person .. more high position .. so this person said no .. it was a wrong information .. dont worry .. ur case it will arrive in NVC ... 16 days waiting .. still no ... what the hell ;/

Yeah, I think this was brought up a few pages back in the thread too. My NOA2 said the same thing about it being forwarded directly to the embassy as well. When I called the NVC and asked, the woman on the phone said that it was printed like that on everything but she didn't know why and that it was wrong.

How are some of you able to check with DHL on the whereabouts of the file to/from NVC??? :wacko: Inquirying minds like to know. :)

tru_loves_journey showed us all how to do it in this thread: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/302190-dhl-tracking-from-nvc-to-us-embassy/

It helps if you've called NVC and you know exactly what date your packet was supposed to go out. Here's how you do it. Go to www.dhl.com. In the box where you can add your tracking number, below that click where it says > More Tracking Options.

Then on the left, click "Track By Shipper's Reference"

Then, enter the reference number "EXP 21 MAY 2012A" for example. You can change the date to whatever you want.

From the "from" and "to" just change the dates around a bit so you're capturing some dates, say from the 20th to the 23rd.

The location is optional, but you can enter the country that you're looking for.

Then, click track.

You'll see all the places that were shipped express mail from NVC in Boston. Basically that means if NVC tells you it's going out today and you do the search for that day's date, you can see that it was sent.

Myself and M&G were told that our package was going out on Friday, the 18th, but using the DHL tracker, we realized it wasn't sent until Monday.

:)

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

tru_loves_journey showed us all how to do it in this thread: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/302190-dhl-tracking-from-nvc-to-us-embassy/

It helps if you've called NVC and you know exactly what date your packet was supposed to go out. Here's how you do it. Go to www.dhl.com. In the box where you can add your tracking number, below that click where it says > More Tracking Options.

Then on the left, click "Track By Shipper's Reference"

Then, enter the reference number "EXP 21 MAY 2012A" for example. You can change the date to whatever you want.

From the "from" and "to" just change the dates around a bit so you're capturing some dates, say from the 20th to the 23rd.

The location is optional, but you can enter the country that you're looking for.

Then, click track.

You'll see all the places that were shipped express mail from NVC in Boston. Basically that means if NVC tells you it's going out today and you do the search for that day's date, you can see that it was sent.

Myself and M&G were told that our package was going out on Friday, the 18th, but using the DHL tracker, we realized it wasn't sent until Monday.

:)

LOVE IT! Thanks. Let me spin my wheels on this for a while!! :thumbs:

Edited by Jamaicancricket

Timeline

This is it!.. The embassy now has received the docs (as per DHL trick).

My fiancee went for the medical today, I can confirm that they in fact need information which is sent to you in your packet, but as she doesn't have one of the necessary vaccines (which she'll get tomorrow) she will still have to go back for a follow up visit, but at least the bulk of the check up is now done and everything will be ready for when the time comes. Check-up cost $150.

Hoping to plead our case for an interview for the first, second week of June next week upon receiving the packet (Filling out the DS forms already). :thumbs:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.